As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Map Fortress 2: Pound Nails Into Your Dicks With Hammer!

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    "less than 30 fps"

welcome to my world

(I've actually got some hardware coming in sometime later this week... I may have a rig that can handle most of the hats by this weekend)

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Update
    - Added Chemistry Sets as a bonus drop. Chemistry Sets are recipe items that have varying inputs and varying outputs. You can complete a Chemistry Set by fulfilling all of its inputs, which will then give you the items it has listed in its outputs.
    - The in-game player status panel has been updated to show an animated image of your character with their current loadout
    - Can be disabled in Advanced Options
    - Added Romevision sharing: anyone playing Mann vs. Machine on the same server with an owner of the Hardy Laurel can now opt-in to Romevision
    - Manage your Romevision preference in the Advanced Options dialog
    - Fixed a bug that would prevent Jarate and Mad Milk from applying to all targets within range
    - Fixed a bug that would cause the Marked For Death icon to stay in the world after the owning player died
    - Fixed a bug that would allow Spies to exploit the Kunai's higher overheal limit
    - Fixed a bug that prevented the Medigun's "Share Power Ups" upgrade from working correctly in Mann vs. Machine mode
    - Fixed a bug that would cause the last few characters of text to be lost when copying text from input fields
    - Fixed a client sv_cheats exploit related to the commentary dialog
    - Fixed a problem that would cause the shotgun shell model to appear incorrectly third-person when using the Family Business
    - Improved bot pathing behavior around ramps
    - Bots can now reflect energy-based projectiles
    - Fixed incorrect alpha in the backpack images for the Valley Forge and the Founding Father
    - The Foppish Physician and the Distinguished Rogue are now paintable and are team-colored by default
    - Added server log entries for jarate_attack and milk_attack when using Jarate, Mad Milk, or the Sydney Sleeper
    - Fixed using an incorrect path for downloaded custom player sounds
    - Fixed duplicate support/mission icons in the Mann vs. Machine HUD
    - Don't allow players without admin access on the server to use the various entity-creating commands to create point_servercommand entities
    - Updated cp_egypt_final
    - Fixed players building inside of Blu's first spawn
    - Updated cp_manor_event
    - Fixed players building in rafters
    - Updated cp_mountainlab
    - Fixed clip brush exploit above hallway leading toward final cap
    - Fixed exploit where players could be trapped in small space near final cap using teleporters
    - Updated plr_hightower
    - Added nobuild to cliff bottom to prevent engineers building in the kill volume
    - Updated the localization files

Chemistry Sets, wat?

edit: Server updating

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    It's not this.. but what if chemistry sets allowed you to make unusuals?

• Options
    well
    Chemistry Set Language:
    This item has a set of inputs that, once fulfilled, will reward you with what's listed in its outputs.
    The following are the inputs that must be fulfilled.
    You will receive all of the following outputs once all of the inputs are fulfilled.
    Strangifier - Used to add strange qualities to specific items
    This Strangifier can be applied to a %s1. If the %s1 is Normal quality it will be upgraded to Strange quality.
    Cosmetic Strangifier Recipe 1
    Cosmetic Strangifier Recipe 1 Rare

Not unusuals... but something else that may make the trading community pretty pissed (and give me a chance to make a strange gunslinger)

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    what

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    tf2newhud3D.gif

This is cool.

• Options
    looks like the "strangifier" is the result of a complete chemistry set. It looks like the item can then be applied to an item that currently has a normal quality and upgrade it to a strange (like the bacon grease, but not only for the pan)

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

My god. The pyro...

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    tf2newhud3D.gif

This is cool.
    I don't care for it, but it'd be pretty tiny for PVHUD (about half the size of the stock HUD). That said, had to deal with it to fix the crash it caused :P

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Holy shit I just got to the Pyro part and this has been the most hilarious thing so far. I love the TF2 team.

edit: God damn that comic was the best.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    tf2newhud3D.gif

This is cool.
    I don't care for it, but it'd be pretty tiny for PVHUD (about half the size of the stock HUD). That said, had to deal with it to fix the crash it caused :P

C-Could you make it an option to have it full-sized, too? Because you love me?

Please, Mr. Barrakketh.
    Pyro_Loves_You_by_SpadeRabbit66.png

edit: Or whatever looks good, I'm sure there is a reason for the half-size.

editedit to avoid triple post: So I just crafted 9 hats worth of metal in an effort to get a numbered item from all the new craft stuff and didn't get a single one. :|

But I got a pocket-pyro, so that's neat...

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    I just did the same thing.....

...somewhat different results

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    I burned a bunch of hats too and didn't get anything numbered. I am still a TF2 pauper. :(

I got a deadliest duckling though.. which I guess is cool? I don't know I kind of hate it.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

Most bestest is they provide a .CBR. I love-ed them.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The worst part of the TF2 comics is being paired with TF2 updates

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Finally used my description tag
    UnusualDescription.jpg

Huehuehue

• Options
    Anyone have a Strange Knife they want to sell for some loots?

I really want one to name "Back Stabbath"

• Options
    Someone with trade market knowledge.... a craft hat with a level and craft number matching... outside the super rares (#1, 42, 69, 96, 100).. is it worth anything extra?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    what is even going on right now

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    yeah, I'm super confused about chemistry set?
    Is this a new crafting feature, or is it a dropped item like burnt items/ haunted metal that you combine into strange parts?

• Options
    new update just made a bunch of hats/miscs craftable.... so it was a mad rush to craft low number items for a while

also.... wiki.teamfortress released more info about the chemistry kits. not too sure how legit it is though (http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Chemistry_Set)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    So in summary the Chemistry Set is a droppable, unique crafting recipe for a Strangifier

You die, notification pops up that you dropped a Chem Kit, you check the kit to see what random item it will strangify when you gather the required (probably random as well) items.

Between this and the summer cooler system I think Valve is trying to make the drops as complicated as possible so we just give up and buy everything

Molybdenum on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Wow chemistry sets are way stupider than I was hoping.

Oh well back to staring longingly at that strange gunslinger.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Strange. Hats.

Maybe more? I dunno...

• Options
    I think the strange camera beard should keep track of screenshots taken.

I can't fathom any reason any of the other ones should exist though.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    You better be able to strangeify the high-five taunt. It's so obvious.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    C-Could you make it an option to have it full-sized, too?

edit: Or whatever looks good, I'm sure there is a reason for the half-size.
    I made it approximately the same size as the normal class texture near the health cross.

You can change the wide and tall properties of "classmodelpanel" in resource/ui/HudPlayerClass.res to 100 and 200, which is the default if you're not using minmode (if you are then my values are close). The default xpos and ypos values are 0 and r214.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Another new commentary!
    http://youtu.be/LG-dUNqeoxc

Also, someone legitimately unsubscribed from me because I called them a nerd in the intro.

:bz

edit: OH yeah, remember how I told you guys the other day about how I don't need quickswitch weapons? It totally fucked me over not having it turned on in this video. Shut up.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Between this and the summer cooler system I think Valve is trying to make the drops as complicated as possible so we just give up and buy everything

I know you're being facetious, but what they're actually trying to do is reduce the amount of crap floating around in the game.

If they really wanted to "help the economy" they would have had the chemistry sets use refined metal, as there's a serious glut of metal in the game.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Anyone have a Strange Knife they want to sell for some loots?

I really want one to name "Back Stabbath"
    I got one if you want it.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I got a couple other stranges too if anyone wants them. I'd like to play tf2 again but the game just doesn't agree with my computer much anymore.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phoberomy/inventory/

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I do enjoy stranges.

and I do enjoy shortstops

• Options
    All I want is a strange huntsman, no one wants to sell me one. :(

I got 6 keys to buy it, too!

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I KNEW JARATE WAS FUCKED UP. I KNEW IT.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Another new commentary!
    http://youtu.be/LG-dUNqeoxc

Also, someone legitimately unsubscribed from me because I called them a nerd in the intro.

:bz

edit: OH yeah, remember how I told you guys the other day about how I don't need quickswitch weapons? It totally fucked me over not having it turned on in this video. Shut up.

This was really helpful for me as someone who is terrible at spy

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »
    I got a couple other stranges too if anyone wants them. I'd like to play tf2 again but the game just doesn't agree with my computer much anymore.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phoberomy/inventory/

I'd love that strange shotgun

• Options
    What resolution do you play at Crash? And/or what do you use to edit?

Because if you're playing widescreen, you shouldn't be getting letterboxed on youtube.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.