As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Five Star Masterchef - Village wins, Sir Fabulous crowned Five Star Masterchef!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    For a more serious (barely) vote, The Anonymous.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I think I'll go with kime for grudge reasons. It also dawns on me that he could be a major obstacle if we have a cooking round involving cakes, he strikes me as the guy that would be really good in that area.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Aww ff8 was my favorite
    Haters gonna hate!

&@!# yo food, the protein in it, and the fork you eat it with.

(Thanks, Tyler the Creator)

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Wtf? People actually like ff8? When did this happen? Are you being ironic?

Yes, that's the only reasonable answer.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    FF8 is SRS BUSINESS, @Mikey Cts

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It is. It is seriously terrible.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    another thing wrong with FF8: How does someone like Edea end up with a troll-like version of Robin Williams? O_O

Egos on
  • Options
    HOW @KIME!? I WANT ANSWERS :O

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Ah find mahself in the unsavory position of havin' mah most recent grudge be for Sah kime. Undah no'mal circumstances, ah would discourage a Day 1 kime bandwagon, but he-uh we ah.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Oh de-uh Jesus ah did not realize "zero flair" would not be an option. D:

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    Fair warning - my cuisine will reign supreme. The culinary prowess I'm about to unleash will drown the competition in an exquisite torrent of flavors that will scintillate both the taste buds... and the mind.

Also, I'll !vote Gandalf_the_Crazed. Third on a bandwagon, plus an epic reveal? Suspicious.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    TITANIUM CHEF WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW EXACTLY ONE CALCULATES FLAIR, AND WHAT EFFECT IT HAS ON COOKING.
    SHOULD TITANIUM CHEF ADD GLITTER AND/OR ROAD FLARES TO DISHES? DO ORGANIC MOUTHS FIND THESE TO BE PALATABLE?
    >_

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It appears to be a voluntary self-handicapping method, where certain dice are removed entirely - making it harder to modify them with your chef's stats toy achieve a match - and therefore generating improved rewards if you can match anyway. My guy, no-results-examined take is that it's mostly there so you can hope you roll a pair of 5s on something you're bad at.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I don't have any preference for a vote. !undergroundmonorail because he has a really long name

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Well actually, you're more likely to use flair on something you're good at than something you're bad at. More flair makes it more likely you'll fail the dish because more dice are removed. But if you get good enough results, the flair is added to the dish's quality.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Well actually, you're more likely to use flair on something you're good at than something you're bad at. More flair makes it more likely you'll fail the dish because more dice are removed. But if you get good enough results, the flair is added to the dish's quality.

See, that's the thing: I'm not sure you aren't better off just rolling all the dice and seeing what's left if you have a lot in terms of editing numbers to make large combos. If someone can math that, I'd actually like to know.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Delmain for revenge!
    (day one random votes suck)

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

See, that's the thing: I'm not sure you aren't better off just rolling all the dice and seeing what's left if you have a lot in terms of editing numbers to make large combos. If someone can math that, I'd actually like to know.

You have to decide flair before you roll?

• Options
    4+ dice matches during Ingredient Preparation adds the Ingredient's Flavor to the attempted Flair. Lamb cooked by an English or Greek chef with lots of skill in Red Meat could add 6 Quality to a Dish if they prepared with Flair 3.

25 minute warning for Round 1, get those actions in.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

Apparently, yes.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    4+ dice matches during Ingredient Preparation adds the Ingredient's Flavor to the attempted Flair. Lamb cooked by an English or Greek chef with lots of skill in Red Meat could add 6 Quality to a Dish if they prepared with Flair 3.

25 minute warning for Round 1, get those actions in.

Also, I get that. I'm just not sure that you aren't better off, in that circumstance, just taking the lots of red meat dice at a relatively low flair and hoping your large skill is enough to make a big match so you can add both. Probably the optimal choice varies by ingredient.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I think I'll throw my vote behind Gandalf.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    Ah-well I say-uh Gandalf

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

Apparently, yes.

Oh no, I know how the system works. I thought you didn't.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Fml I love my car. So I miss round 1 for it awesome sauce. So my car on the way home last night went flat. My boyfriend saved me and helped me get the spare on. I drive home so that I could get up and get it to a auto shop to get it fixed...

Well my luck I wake up and my spare is completely flat.
    Tow truck ride later I just now got to the autoshop yaaa me.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Man, the shenanigans in this competition are just out of control already. Who let the air out of vert's tires?

I expect Gizzy is doing a confessional segment about it right now.

• Options
    Meh kinda pissed about it but w/e

Also does failing in the cooking side kill you in the phalla side?

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    These he-uh mangy curs seem most nonchalant in thei' murderous inclinations.

I must know, forthwith: Is ihaveachair new to the sport of Phalla?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    vertroue wrote: »
    Also does failing in the cooking side kill you in the phalla side?
    Clarification Denied

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Man, what? Vote closes at midnight my time? Inconceivable!

• Options
    Yaaaaaaa

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

I understand that ihaveachair is actually an old hand, attracted by a jdark game, not a newbie.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I haven't voted Mill on day 1 in awhile.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Man, what? Vote closes at midnight my time? Inconceivable!

Just the challenge closed, vote is still open until 22:30 eastern.
    If I read correctly anyways

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

I understand that ihaveachair is actually an old hand, attracted by a jdark game, not a newbie.

In that the-uh case, I find the natuh of his vote most suspicious.

ihaveachair

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I keep on thinking that is foghorn leghorn, but then i get a little sad when its not.

Tangentially, is there an episode of chicken boo where he pretends to be a great chef?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Zombie Hero's kind is not allowed around non-cerebral ingredients.
    Rotting chefs are incapable of the quality of food this competition demands.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

Not really an old hand, IIRC. Signed up a number of months ago for a couple of phallas, but this is the first one in a while I've seen chair in.

Of course, it's also been many moons since I've been in one of these, so there's that.