As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Five Star Chef] FINAL ROUND - Egos v jdarksun in Lamb Open Contest!

1121314151618»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    One thing I realized going into the final round was that "ugh if only I had done ___ ,more challenges" , I think I still would have lost considering my crappy rolls but I was extremely (1 point away) close to lvling up some skills. I'm not sure if there would be a good way to ....even that out, since it seems like it's kind of a reward for those who are forced to risk elimination.

I suppose one could lvl between each dish vs. meal or some such. But that doesn't seem like a very desirable solution. Though it would still give those who had a brusque with elimination more points ultimately (if they survived). Not really a complaint, just something I was slightly aware of in terms of future design considerations.

That said I think that rule should be set in stone regardless. That is not that particular one before , but when one should add EXP in general.

Egos on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Congrats to jdarksun on his victory. Thanks for hosting!

I wonder if the experience system is too fiddly for what this game is supposed to be, considering how much trouble people seemed to have with it after the first set of challenges. Then again, with the long-form reality competition format, there are a lot of dishes to be cooked, that it's nice to have something added to the formula to change things up. In a single-elimination tournament, there are so few matches for each individual that it makes sense not to bother with experience.

4463rwiq7r47.png