Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] part of the Hello Kitty Family.

• Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    Bummer. I'll probably be trying it soon to get a Unicorn to add to my future Metatron team. Speaking of which I almost fed a tamagotchi to my unevolved Metatron. I would have wept.

Do invades drop at the same rate as the overall dungeon bosses? IE if I run Legendary Light, and an invade appears, is it a 40% drop rate?

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Afaik, invades drop 100% of the time

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Invades are 100% when they appear alone, correct. So if Unicorn appears and you kill it, it will drop.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    10 Thursday dungeon runs, 0 Dragon Fruit drops. How do they always know which one you want so as to not give it to you? How???

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    well its not double drop thursday so drops are low

alsoi had the best mask run yesterday. 2 mystic drops

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    pslong9 wrote: »
    10 Thursday dungeon runs, 0 Dragon Fruit drops. How do they always know which one you want so as to not give it to you? How???

I had similar problems with Dragon Plants. And they're alone!

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Billmaan wrote: »
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    I ran legendary light dragon this morning with my dark team. I failed at stalling somewhat and got to wave 5 with 3 rounds before Lucifer was charged. I was able to use Lucifer and got lucky on sky falls (15 combo) and killed off the light demon. Dark demon flash bound me but that was no issue. Wave 6-8 were easy. Wave 9 was fairly easy... Got to boss not thinking fully I used my skills to early so I left him with about 30% life, so with his increased attack & higher damage attack I had 108 health left after each attack. I failed my combo's to heal max and died. So I quit.
    I ran with a double-Lucifer dark-plus-Echidna team. Forgot that the boss binds dark at 10%. Got bound with Echidna on cooldown. Died. So very, very preventable. Was angry enough that I threw a stone at it just so I could be done with the whole mess.

We should form a club. I was trying to get him down to 25% so my monodark team could kill him with double Gravity and Lucifer, and I ended up getting a huge chain of skyfalls that took him from ~35% to below 10%. Wasn't in the mood to try again later, so I just paid the stone and killed him.

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    pslong9 wrote: »

I've done 2 thursday runs. I need about 15 dragon plants, got 1. Got 3 dragon fruit.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    And so, the hoarding of Tiny Almas for the next skill-up event begins...

I will be bursting with Shabos and Tinys, haha.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I just dumped like 600k exp into my Byakko, so she's ready to evolve. Just need a Dub Mythlit now.

Oh, and I just ran Metal Dragons 5 times, got 2 TAMADRAs. Guess this makes up for wasting my first one.

• Options
    Smoogy wrote: »

Yeah, I have 52 Shabos saved up. Because I don't trust my luck to hold out. I'm already 0/5 on them.

• Options
    Haha, well I hope that's enough for you. Though I might secretly be happy for a second if you were to go 0/52. Then I'd feel guilty. Then ashamed. Then I'd realize that karma is coming for me and I continue to fail in Yomi skill-up attempts ;)

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    gjaustin wrote: »

Yeah, I have 52 Shabos saved up. Because I don't trust my luck to hold out. I'm already 0/5 on them.

are those all evolved?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

are those all evolved?

11 evolved
    18 at max level waiting for mats
    10 at level 23
    9 at level 22
    2 at level 19
    2 at level 4
    2 at level 2

I got a TON of High Emerald Dragons from running Super Kings this weekend so I used them to level them.

And, huh, apparently I saved up 54 of them.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to feed off my Shabos because really its too much work to try and skillup a Fortoytops, especially since mine still has two evos to go and is number 7 or 8 in queue for dubmythlits.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2013
    How many dubs do you guys normally hang onto? I have like 6-7 in colors I rarely use and am tempted to liquidate some for space. But then I remember how I liquidated some second tier Masks and now I need them for evo-ing some Hell Demons. 5 should be enough though to cover temporary needs though I think.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Saammiel wrote: »
    How many dubs do you guys normally hang onto? I have like 6-7 in colors I rarely use and am tempted to liquidate some for space. But then I remember how I liquidated Mystic Masks and now I need them for evo-ing some Hell Demons. 5 should be enough though to cover temporary needs though I think.

For non-Keepers
    I aim to hang on to around 5 dubs or divine masks.
    Around 4 demon masks (because of things like Gigas or Vampire that need that many)
    And then 3 of anything else.

For Keepers
    I'll hang on to around 5 Light/Dark (the rest get fed to Golems) and 3 Rainbow.
    I go for the individual colored ones as I need them, though I may change that policy due to getting them in the Stone Dragon dungeons.

Edit: Dubmythlits, Mythlits, Mystic Masks, and Dragon Plants are excluded from above. Because I'm always running out of them and so want as many as possible

gjaustin on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Saammiel wrote: »
    How many dubs do you guys normally hang onto? I have like 6-7 in colors I rarely use and am tempted to liquidate some for space. But then I remember how I liquidated some second tier Masks and now I need them for evo-ing some Hell Demons. 5 should be enough though to cover temporary needs though I think.

It depends on your activities. If you are spending money on stones/running the Friday dungeon a lot maybe you won't need many. I'd never throw out a mythlit or dubmythlit though.
    I only get dublits through running tier6 so I only throw out blue/red ones when I have more than 5. They literally add ultimate evolves for monsters faster than I can get the materials so I've been in a perpetual Yellow/Green/Dub hole since the Archangels came out (100ish+ days ago?)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    You guys and your million high tier monsters!

I don't have a ton of pent up demand for mats. Most of the monsters in need of evolution aren't really pressing since they have no place in any teams I can currently field. A lot of my current progression is just tied to gaining ranks, getting levels on core monsters, waiting for descends and farming for skillups. So 5 is probably enough for now.

• Options
    I follow gjaustin's numbers above almost exactly.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    I just keep 3 of everything, excepting dragon plants. If I ever need more space, I sometimes start selling off low-tier masks and lits.

I'd hang onto more than 3 mystic masks and dubmythlits if I ever had that many at once.

• Options
    I'm going to toss in to this discussion that same color Dubs and Divine Masks are perfect for feeding to Pengdra when you have extras.

• Options
    I'm going to toss in to this discussion that same color Dubs and Divine Masks are perfect for feeding to Pengdra when you have extras.

yea they give a ton of same color xp relative to tehir ease of capture

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I use PadHerder for my monsters, currently seem to have around 5 dub-red/green/blue. 4 divine mask of red/green/blue... most of anything lower I get rid of unless it is something I know I am going to need to evo a monster I am working on. Normally keep 5-6 Rainbow Keepers.

Have no dark keepers, no mythlit, no dub-mythlit, no mystic mask... and need like 15 of each to keep up.

and just for @pslong9 have 13 dragon fruit atm lol.

I forgot about feeding keepers to Golem's for skill ups, guess will have to wait a week for next event.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    i really need a good dark monster on my phone. i have like 4 super kings, 5 kings, 5 high, like 8 dark evolve penguins, and a bucnh of regular dragons. but no one to use it on

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Feed off-color, particularly if you have Light monsters.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Gah, I hate this game sometimes. Metal dragon dungeon, wave has a Tamadra, a King, and a normal metal. Guess which drops? I have had spectacularly bad luck with metal/jewel dungeons of late, with the sole exception of the first day Tamadras were available when I got one in a metal dungeon along with a king.

I think my CDK is doomed to be stuck at skill 3 forever. Only got 2 drops and no skillups out of it. I think I might need to actually burn some stones the next time the dungeon comes up and just run it until I get him maxed.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    @mts can I use your Anubis?
    Also open to anyone else. :)
    abotkin wrote: »
    Gah, I hate this game sometimes. Metal dragon dungeon, wave has a Tamadra, a King, and a normal metal. Guess which drops? I have had spectacularly bad luck with metal/jewel dungeons of late, with the sole exception of the first day Tamadras were available when I got one in a metal dungeon along with a king.

I think my CDK is doomed to be stuck at skill 3 forever. Only got 2 drops and no skillups out of it. I think I might need to actually burn some stones the next time the dungeon comes up and just run it until I get him maxed.

Normal metal dragons are worthless 90% of the time don't run without 2X Kings. As for CDK is there a particular reason you need his skill max so badly he's not anywhere near as useful as a Max skill naga.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2013
    @38thdoe
    yea i can put hiim up once i am out of the dungeon..ok he is up on my tablet

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts can I use your Anubis?
    Also open to anyone else. :)
    abotkin wrote: »

Normal metal dragons are worthless 90% of the time don't run without 2X Kings. As for CDK is there a particular reason you need his skill max so badly he's not anywhere near as useful as a Max skill naga.

I usually run the metal dragons just to burn off my stamina so it doesn't get wasted. I have to actually be in the mood to play the game to do anything more involved. And I'd like a max skilled CDK just for the fact that I run a mono-dark team 99% of the time. But yes, I really should also be aiming to skillup my naga too.

Honestly, I should probably change my default over to running Ocean of Heaven repeatedly, as at least that way I'd be getting rank XP, which is what I'm most in need of in order to field the more interesting teams that I have the pieces for. Either that or switch over to running the low level technicals hoping for Mythlits since I need an absurd number of them.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    2QVIHZs.pngC8Q0eCS.pngDXjhQfb.png
    You can do this with really any monsters, all Rainbow Keepers, all dub mythlits.
    Leader can be anything that gives a boost, Bastet, Isis, Vampire would likely work too.
    Try to have naga up on 5. If not just make as many combos as you can. Study the board and hope for good sky combos. 5-8 will get 10 in most cases. 5 is the hardest, 9 usually will hit for less than your max hp giving you a couple shots depending on heart orb heals. 10 you can stall to charge up all your skills if you want, shouldn't be needed. He hits half as hard as a moltdra. If you get him really low he may bind first, then use sun power then kill you. This is where the naga comes in.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2013
    *All Hallows Haunt*
    [Duration]: 10/21 (Mon), midnight - 11/1 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Our extra-long Halloween event dominates the rest of October with devilishly fun, tricky Dungeons descending in the world of P&D! Whether you’re a novice or an expert, there is something for everyone to enjoy this time around - including (a total of) 12 FREE MAGIC STONES!!!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
    1 Free Magic Stone [10/21 4:00 AM - 11/2 3:59 AM]
    ※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② New Dungeon Bonus
    [Duration]: 10/21 (Mon), midnight - 11/1 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)
    1.5x drop rate in the Normal Dungeons

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
    10/21 - Dragon Guardian
    10/22 - Blade of Justice
    10/24 - The Thief Descended!
    10/25 - Scarlet Snake Princess
    10/26 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
    10/27 - Zeus Descended!
    10/29 - Sword of Flames
    10/30 - 11/1 - Lightless Devils’ Nest
    10/31 - Heroes Descended
    11/1 - Satan Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
    2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
    [We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village and Super King Dragons - (including invasions from TWO of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
    2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
    ½ Stamina cost for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon (means twice as many runs!)
    2x Skill Up rate

[Even more exciting info is on the way!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Well, that was fast! 12 stones, will finally get my Goemon, hopefully, Two Super King invasions. New Japanese godfest? That would be intense...we shall see!

Exciting, though.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Well Japanese godfest would be nice since I have a bunch of stones saved up and I should be getting my 200 day bonus soon. Will run two heroes again but I doubt I can do Satan

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm going to try to get my girlfriend Berserk/Highlander. Only trouble is, I'm not sure the best way for her to do this. Probably her wood team (she has Freyja, Artemis, Green Odin, ADK, Michael). Looks like people have had success with Wood teams on Two Heroes, but they usually already have a Cu Chu. But since Wood and Water are her best teams, I really need to get her those heartbreakers! She thinks Descends are too stressful, haha.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    i think i went fort/neptune, but you could probably do resisit/2x HP and RCV

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    If Michael is evolved might be able to do him as a lead and devil ceres friend. Will help with Highlander & Vampires and try and focus on Berserk and grind him down quickly with the wood damage... though not sure how you would cut through Highlanders defense without a Golem/Puzzdroid.

I might "buy" me a Satan this time, maybe a Zeus-Dios. But I like Satan better.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    well if you poison them, and focus on berserk it should kill him off by the time you are done

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Half-stam weekend dungeon on master will be excellent gold and excellent xp (over 800 xp/stam).

edit: At rank 159, I would still be able to chain-run the weekend dungeon purely using rank-up stam refills.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    yeah but there is no green poison. Would want a mono color team to squeeze out as much health as possible from the 2xHP/RCV... why would be best to have an Ulti-Puzzdroid or a Wood Golem.

If have a high level neptune, than would probably be better to go mono-water for his GF. Seeing poison won't be reducded by 50% because water vs wood.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Man, so many mystic knights. Will be nice for me since I haven't finished any of their dungeons, so each day they are up is a gem in exchange for 45 stamina. Everything I said about not needing materials before also became a lie.

This discussion has been closed.