Options

The [Renting] Thread

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    cats spend all day walking around in a box of their own shit and piss and then think it's cool to jump on tables and counters.

"Here stupid human, have some of my waste-soaked litter. Have it right here where you handle your food. Eat my piss you stupid ape."

Stale, what is your opinion on dogs?

If you're judging strictly by cleanliness, I would expect you to hate dogs even more than cats.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    cats are uppity and filthy and I am thrilled to be rid of them forever on friday.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Griswold wrote: »
    cats spend all day walking around in a box of their own shit and piss and then think it's cool to jump on tables and counters.

"Here stupid human, have some of my waste-soaked litter. Have it right here where you handle your food. Eat my piss you stupid ape."

If you're judging strictly by cleanliness, I would expect you to hate dogs even more than cats.

nope. Love dogs.

They go outside, they piss and shit, and leave it all out there, they come back in and lay down and just want belly scratches. They are happy to see me when I come home, they listen when I tell them to do something, and provided I keep them shaved down and brushed, the shedding is minimal.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Every time people talk about how awful cats are

It always sounds like you've had some really shitty cats.

My cats behave, they're excited to see me, they sit on my lap and they're super affectionate. Their worst trait is that they're sometimes -too- needy.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Dogs are terrible, Bowen.

Tempted SO HARD to report this.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Well.

OTHER people's dogs are cool. I'll throw a ball for 'em or give 'em a belly scratch any old time. I just can't live with them. It's like when grandparents play with and overstimulate little kids and then give them back to their parents at the end of the evening. All the fun, none of the work!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    vsove wrote: »

My cats behave, they're excited to see me, they sit on my lap and they're super affectionate. Their worst trait is that they're sometimes -too- needy.

You have obviously not owned dogs.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »

You have obviously not owned dogs.

And the other great thing with my cats is that when I'm working 14 hour days as sometimes happens, I don't need to feel bad about neglecting my pets.

I like dogs too, but my cats are loving animals that are lower maintenance, which is perfect for my lifestyle.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    People with cats tend to get a bit creepy about them.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

In my experience, creepily referring to your pets as 'your babies' is not really limited to owners of either cats or dogs.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    That's true, I just see more of it from cat owners. The creepiest pet owners I know (by far) have a dog and a cat and dote on the dog. It eats sitting at the table with them at meal times. She feeds it from her fork and then continues using the fork.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

A lot of "horsey people" go way off the deep end with this.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

nope. Love dogs.

They go outside, they piss and shit, and leave it all out there, they come back in and lay down and just want belly scratches. They are happy to see me when I come home, they listen when I tell them to do something, and provided I keep them shaved down and brushed, the shedding is minimal.

Hahahaha.

And dogs roll in a half of a dead deer, chew the hindquarters off and then come home with half of the intestine wrapped around their neck.

Dogs are not cleaner than cats.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    Ohh Jesus. Horse People are disturbed.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    People are shocked that our cats don't sleep with us.

They're animals. They have an entire basement with beds, water and litter. They can sleep down there, where they won't wake me up.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Well, if my dogs had access to dead deer, I'm sure they'd be all about it.

They're animals. Animals are dirty by default.

However at the worst end of the spectrum, my dogs have access to mud. And that's why I keep towels by the door to wipe off their paws.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I have only one cat and I think that is the right amount of cat. Two plus cats are unruly filth lords.

I would say the same of dogs though. One dog fine. Two dogs, full time job

• Options
    I learned a long time ago that if you're talking to a nice young lady and she reveals that she's really into horses it is perfectly acceptable to simply turn and flee. She won't even be surprised.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I get super nauseous whenever a dog kisses/licks a person on the mouth.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

nope. Love dogs.

Hahahaha.

And dogs roll in a half of a dead deer, chew the hindquarters off and then come home with half of the intestine wrapped around their neck.

Dogs are not cleaner than cats.

Do you live in like.. Wyoming or something?

Cats can bring you a mouse, even without leaving the house!

Here human, here's half a mouse. I left the other half somewhere else.

... I apologize for the rhyme.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Channeling my Dr. Seuss with my vitrol of cats.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Dogs and cats are both awesome. I love my cat, and as soon as I live in a non-apartment space, I hope to get her a canine buddy.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I learned a long time ago that if you're talking to a nice young lady and she reveals that she's really into horses it is perfectly acceptable to simply turn and flee. She won't even be surprised.
    My wife owns a show horse and I think she would agree with this. I am fairly certain that my wife isn't one of them, but I have met some of the very craziest people due to our involvement in horses.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Well if you have a mouse problem half of a dead one somewhere is better than a whole live one.

Not really seeing the complaint here.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Kadith wrote: »

Well if you have a mouse problem half of a dead one somewhere is better than a whole live one.

Have you ever not found all your easter eggs? Imagine that, but worse.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

nope. Love dogs.

I mean, if you have a yard where they are going to take a piss they are then constantly running through the parts of the yard that they constantly piss in.

Not to mention the things they like to eat or roll in if you let them. I don't think dogs are cleaner animals.

• Options

Wait, like real eggs?

Because if you're hiding those you're just setting everyone up for a bad time.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Dead mice stink after a while though.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options

Wait, like real eggs?

Wait...

Who doesn't hide real eggs?

That's the whole point of Easter! Make crazy painted hard boiled eggs and hide them!

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Plastic eggs filled with jellybeans, dude! That's the way to do it!

You paint real eggs and eat 'em later, or hide them in the yard. Inside hiding, though, calls for things that won't rot

• Options

Wait, like real eggs?

Wait...

Who doesn't hide real eggs?

That's the whole point of Easter! Make crazy painted hard boiled eggs and hide them!

No you keep those separate and eat those after the hunt if that's your thing.

You hide candy, toys, and money in those cheap plastic ones, in order to avoid such a rotten situation.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Easter has some of the weirdest traditions.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If you get a real crazy cat person, they're pretty crazy.

But like, 95% of dog owners are convinced that you need to know their opinion on cats.

• Options
    The only opinion I have about cats is that I fucking hated Whippy's old cat.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I like both cats AND dogs. Because I'm a maverick.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    No you hide the real eggs, and there's no worry about things rotting because the hunt doesn't end until they're all found, no matter how long it takes. No matter what.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    One time we thought we had them all, because we thought one of the eggs had broken, like usual. We had 11 eggs in the styrofoam container and we went on with our lives. December rolls around and my mom is complaining about a nasty rotten smell like an animal has died between the walls. My dad thinks she's crazy, but after another few days goes by I found it. It was up high, on a shelf holding pictures.

It was a single egg.

It was vile.

Turns out the one I had found had been leftover form the year previous, where we also had broken one egg and just didn't throw it away and thought we did.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh also it helps when your parents start logging where they hid the eggs after that one time you were hunting for four hours.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Our cats always did their business in the garden and buried it, so we didn't have to deal with it.

• Options
    I always thought the painted eggs was just a family craft fun time thing that were used as decorations, which my family never actually did anyway. We did egg hunts with wrapped chocolate eggs. If you didn't find them all, you missed out on getting the maximum possible chocolate!

This discussion has been closed.