Options

[BF4] China Rising now out for Premmies. New thread is up.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    You didn't check premium to see what was included? 2 weeks early access to all dlc is pretty prominent in the listed boosts. I mean hell, Xbox One has the 2nd dlc already out on their system, are you complaining that you wouldn't have bought the pc version since they have early access to Second Assault or whatever its called?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Red M3naceRed M3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    F2000
    EDIT: I really wish the shotguns weren't just a series of straight upgrades over each other. The last pump and last semi are better than everything else so there's no reason to level the other shotties save for looks or OCD. Kind of a waste really.

I partly disagree with this. There are considerable pros/cons to the detachable box magazine vs. the internal magazine shotties. The detachable box is nice for the overall reduction in reload times, but being able to feed the shotty single shells can be huge when you get caught in the middle of a reload - you can interrupt the reload and fire whatever you have in the mag.

In normal games I think it's a toss-up, though I might lean towards box mags. However, in hardcore I think the internal mag shotties win hands down simply because you never waste ammo by reloading early.

Red M3nace on
    red-m3nace.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    What?

No, also google false equivalency.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    What you want is for there to have been text somewhere saying "WARNING: WHEN YOU BUY THIS GAME YOU WILL NOT GET CHINA RISING TWO WEEKS EARLIER THAN THE RELEASE DATE INDICATED FOR THE DLC." People are telling you that this would be sort of a weird thing to put on there. The two week early thing is a bonus for Premium. When people sell a car without heated seats they don't list "NO HEATED SEATS" as a feature just because there's another possible car you could buy with heated seats.

• Options
    Except when I brought it all there was for release date was December? I'm not really seeing anything weird on having that warning there when two weeks early access is a standard feature of something you're also selling

What I want is for them to mention that having China Rising still means you don't get to play it for two weeks even though it's being released. Because other wise it means you basically have to go online and figure out what's up with their business model. At which point it's being shitty and confusing and trying to get you to waste money.

And the actual line would be more: Includes access to the China Rising DLC two weeks after Premium Access. You know, so people can actually understand how shitty the business model behind the deluxe edition is and just avoid it?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Drop it.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    How about this. They did not just release China Rising today. It is in fact, not released. It is currently on EARLY ACCESS for premium which was quite blatantly advertised as a premium bonus, to get CR 2 weeks before it is released. You get China Rising the moment it releases! When it releases (which is expressly not today, but two weeks after today) you will be able to play and enjoy it on the first day of the release!

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Yeah, I just think it's kinda shitty.

I'd be more annoyed if the Steam sale hadn't given me tons of stuff to do anyway.

You are not being delayed 2 weeks to play the expansion, people who've bought into Premium are getting 2 weeks early access. It is a value add to the Premium Service to entice more people to purchase it. It is not them screwing you over because you bought the deluxe.

Turning the phrasing round doesn't change the situation that they gave no indication this two week period existed and I wouldn't have brought it if it did.

If you were aware of the existence of premium I do not see how you could not be aware of its early access benefit.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Thank you so fucking much for locking new gadgets behind jet shit, you jackasses.

God I hate flying jets.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Because clearly when there's only two ways to pre-order DLC it was foolish of me to dare ask that maybe a company could clarify where the difference is.

Sorry, you guys just continue re-wording shitty practices to sound less shitty. I hear marketing's a great job these days.

EDIT: I actually don't care that much as my first post indicated.

I am kinda disgusted how completely okay you guys are with 'this version of the product was a shitty rip off and basically a trap for people who don't follow the game'.

Whatever, I'm done on the topic.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I was premium on BF3, I might skip it this go around, I already get China Rising, and 2nd assault is already out.

Edit: I'm not debating premium here, just was musing, and realizing that after i posted it, it may not have been the best time.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I got everything I paid for in the deluxe package and am satisfied with my purchase. I guess I'm some kind of marketing zombie DICE groupie :s

so anyway I just got the 5th service star for my AK5C(ivilization) what carbine do you guys think I should look at trying next? I'd be content with just using the Civilization for life, but then I wouldn't be filling any more bars :(

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Yeah, I just think it's kinda shitty.

I'd be more annoyed if the Steam sale hadn't given me tons of stuff to do anyway.

You are not being delayed 2 weeks to play the expansion, people who've bought into Premium are getting 2 weeks early access. It is a value add to the Premium Service to entice more people to purchase it. It is not them screwing you over because you bought the deluxe.

On the one side: "We are paying for exclusive access (content)!"

On the other side: "The shit is already finished, why nickle and dime us!"

and never shall the two sides meet in understanding and hugs. As has it been it foretold.

Edit: It has also been foretold that the subject shall be mentioned no more. This is what He said, and He saw that it was good.

Movitz on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Due to failure to drop it, external resources have been deployed to stimulate the dropping.

Robot Santa, report in.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I perform over fifty mega-checks per second

• Options
    Speaking of two sides never meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EobFvNEVzQw

• Options
    edited December 2013
    The Grand Duck-Scrape Canyon? I certainly forsee entire Duck Dynasties rising and falling, all hundreds of meters from the nearest capture point.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    Have I mentioned how happy I am that Dragon Valley is coming to BF4? That's a BF2 map I enjoyed a lot. Come to think of it I enjoyed a lot of BF2 maps. I really liked BF2. That's still the best game in the series if you ask me.

• Options
    Spent most of my time on BF2 playing Project Reality. That in Frostbite would have me buying immediately.

Also other than the LSAT and L85A2 what're the other British weapons in the game? Kinda wanna do themed stuff.

• Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I dont remember Dragon Valley, surprising based on how much I played BF2. Edit: Oh SHIT! That Dragon Valley! I approve.

Am I a terrible person for wanting to see one of the maps from BFBC2: Vietnam come back? Cant remember the name of it for the life of me though.

Oh now i'm just reminiscing... Kharkov from 42, so simple, but it was my favorite map. Lancing Dam is kind of a spiritual successor i guess really though.

Zephos on
  • Options
    Spent most of my time on BF2 playing Project Reality. That in Frostbite would have me buying immediately.

Also other than the LSAT and L85A2 what're the other British weapons in the game? Kinda wanna do themed stuff.

L96 sniper rifle?

• Options
    Welp

Time to try and be half decent with snipers.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Have I mentioned how happy I am that Dragon Valley is coming to BF4? That's a BF2 map I enjoyed a lot. Come to think of it I enjoyed a lot of BF2 maps. I really liked BF2. That's still the best game in the series if you ask me.

Yeah, Dragon Valley was one of the more interesting maps, and would also work well in Rush (if DICE cared to balance that mode anymore).

Even though it wouldn't fit in with the locales in BF4, I'd love a updated Mashtuur City in the Frostbite engine. That map and Karkand always felt like the best representations of urban combat in BF2 (was never a huge fan of Jalalalalalabad).

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Welp

Always range check first, Do a few test shots (could give away your position though) while holding down the scope to get an idea of where your shots will land, if you get a decent vantage point, range check a couple different objects so you can have a rough idea what to dope the scope to.

Try and stick with the same items as well as far as scopes and whatnot, its always a pain when I unlock something I actually want to use and have to relearn its tics.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I got everything I paid for in the deluxe package and am satisfied with my purchase. I guess I'm some kind of marketing zombie DICE groupie :s

so anyway I just got the 5th service star for my AK5C(ivilization) what carbine do you guys think I should look at trying next? I'd be content with just using the Civilization for life, but then I wouldn't be filling any more bars :(

Judging from your adoration of everything AK5C, I'm guessing you haven't unlocked the MTAR. You should probably unlock the MTAR. From what I've seen of it, it's basically the carbine to rule all carbines.

...of course, I might be trying to justify the ordeal of acquiring it. Ugh...map that it got unlocked in was Flood Zone. I already hate sniping...getting a sniper rifle kill on a map with a crap-ton of medium/close range engagements did not help matters. >.<

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Zephos wrote: »
    Welp

Always range check first, Do a few test shots (could give away your position though) while holding down the scope to get an idea of where your shots will land, if you get a decent vantage point, range check a couple different objects so you can have a rough idea what to dope the scope to.

Try and stick with the same items as well as far as scopes and whatnot, its always a pain when I unlock something I actually want to use and have to relearn its tics.

If you stick with one rifle long enough, you eventually just learn the drop and you can be much faster than having to zero for everything. A useful recon can basically snap-shot anyone accurately out to about 200-300m depending on the rifle. I've used the L96 enough to have it pretty much dialed for 0-200 which is 98% of your engagements. Anything else and I'm fighting other hill-humpers or base-raping, and I can zero accordingly.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    Zephos wrote: »
    Welp

Use an ACOG, shoot the shiny things on the hills, drink tears.

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    Yeah, I kinda laughed at the zeroing thing.

Like really game, I'm sorry to tell you but 200m increments is a bit over-eager.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    The sniper rifle zeroing would be a lot more useful if it was a dial on my mouse thumb wheel or something. I never zero because it's a pain in the ass to have to hit the button a bunch to get it back to zero.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    If it were like, 50M increments and on my scroll wheel it'd be a pretty neat feature. As it stands it's just kinda cute.

• Options
    200m increments is a bit wishful thinking, I think my longest so far is over 500.

I had a 734 or something in BF3.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hang on a second....

Was that an Air Superiority match made up entirely of helicopters?

'scuse me...I'll be in my bunk.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Hang on a second....

Was that an Air Superiority match made up entirely of helicopters?

'scuse me...I'll be in my bunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtsvkbS1aNo

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    I can't ever resist clicking an airwolf youtube link.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I can't ever resist clicking an airwolf youtube link.

What's really nice is that I don't even have to click it. I have all of the sound and images ingrained in my head from a wonderful and fanciful childhood spent watching Airwolf and MacGuyver and Knight Rider and and and!

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Your military uses the FN MAG and FN MINIMI, so you could add the 240b and SAW to that list. I don't think anyone uses the LSAT, yet.

They also use the L96, and the SAS used the M16 during the events of Bravo Two Zero. Not sure what they use now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have M4s.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    That's pretty much one for every class right?

Awesome.

• Options
    Red M3naceRed M3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

The AK5C is also my favourite carbine. However, I've also developed a healthy respect for the ACE 52 due to it's heavy hitting rounds, and the SG553 for it high ROF and burst mode. Those are the next two on my list.

The AKU-12 is also nice, but it's so similar in handling to the AK5C that I don't see the point in unlocking attachments for both.

Edit: Count me as one of those who can't stand the MTAR. 800 RPM is pretty much the upper limit for me (SG553 is an exception, probably because I loved it so much in BF3). Also it's bullpup, and I don't like those in general either. This may sound silly, but the guns that fire in the 600-750 RPM range just sound better to me. Seriously, that's my primary reason for preferring low ROF weapons. They sound cool. Probably a major reason why I prefer a Harley to a crotch-rocket.

Red M3nace on
    red-m3nace.png
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I just want to point out that I think it's stupid that China Rising is unlocked early for people with premium but not those who preordered.

This discussion has been closed.