Options

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Reminder, tomorrow is the last day before they extend the last day for getting preorder bonuses!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    The license plates are beginning to annoy me. It's great having more than one (even if they do cost 100k a pop) but now I have to load up iFruit everytime I want a plate changing. It would have been more elegant to order plates through iFruit ONCE and then have them available at any time in-game.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Well, we are now officially in April and less than 2 weeks from the PC release. Is anyone else getting a bit nervous?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Well, we are now officially in April and less than 2 weeks from the PC release. Is anyone else getting a bit nervous?

Nah, they won't announce a delay for at least another week.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »

Nah, they won't announce a delay for at least another week.

What if they've delayed the announcement of a delay until after launch?

Anyway, my GTA V's been playable at a better framerate and resolution than the current PC version for the last year and a half, so I'm not worried.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Getting a bit close to your "release date" there Rockstar. Make sure to delay it in time or people might be upset 8-)

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Well compared to last time they're actually releasing a lot of media. Including this 60 fps video. Mmmmmm buttery. I assume of course that my mediocre rig is not going to come even close to 60fps on any settings approaching high.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    My computer beats their recommended specs, so I'm hopeful.

• Options
    I was just about to post that video. Looks amazing. At least they're releasing media this time. Maybe they'll release the pre-load media too?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I am seriously considering upgrading my whole rig for this, but I'm going to hold out until a bit after launch to be sure it's worth it.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    My SSD is ready. Give that buttery gtaV to me.

The most fun was betting on the losers of races with the 360 community.... been waiting forever for this....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Well compared to last time they're actually releasing a lot of media. Including this 60 fps video. Mmmmmm buttery. I assume of course that my mediocre rig is not going to come even close to 60fps on any settings approaching high.

Firefox 37 supports HTML5 video player audio. For all your music listening to needs. :|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Woo! Got online to work at last, finally finished the first heist. 8-)

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Album of comparison pics between the different versions of GTA V. PS3/PS4/PC I think. OMFG I can't wait for the 14th to get here.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    So I've been thinking of getting this on PC while the 25% off voucher is available over at GMG, but I'm kinda hesitant considering how badly the GTAIV port to PC was done and the multiple release delays.

Are there any actual hands-on info from the full game out there anywhere? Because I'd like to preorder this thing, but I'd also like to not get burned by a shitty port.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    I'm not sure why people are still harping on the ports. R* did release Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire and all of those were ported well. GTAIV was ages ago.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Probably wouldn't care too much, if it wasn't for the delays as well. Development is hard, sure, but when a company with as much money as R* has delayed the release of their game three times already and it was already released something like a year and a half ago on consoles, that earns a red flag or two for being concerned.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I'm not sure why people are still harping on the ports. R* did release Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire and all of those were ported well. GTAIV was ages ago.

Neither of those games are as open as GTA 4 or 5.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That 60fps trailer was glorious. I have no doubts it'll be a good port now, though you might need a 980 to get it to look/run like that.

Bubby on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's like when you eat a bad bit of chicken and get sick all night. For a long time after that, you just don't even want to look at chicken, not to mention try eating it again. We're all a little hesitant, I think.

Fortunately, I finally updated my rig quite nicely, so I'll be a guinea pig and see if it runs and how well.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    MegaMek wrote: »

Neither of those games are as open as GTA 4 or 5.
    L.A. Noire isn't an open world game with incredibly detailed animations? Huh, I guess you played a different game than I did.

• Options
    No, it really wasn't that open.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    It was absolutely an open world. There just wasn't a whole lot to do in it.

• Options
    Fine, Dude, have it your way.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes, GTAV has way more going on than the likes of LA Noire and may be a huge mess on PC. However, Rockstar's recent ports (I seem to remember MP3 being a really good port) would indicate otherwise. That's all we're saying.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    And I'm saying they haven't done anything on the scope of GTA 5 correct; the last time the tried it was an unmitigated disaster and anyone would be well in the right to be apprehensive.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I'd rather be optimistic.

Edit: Fixed so I don't sound sarcastic.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    I'm hopeful, but I'm certainly not preordering or anything. All's I'm sayin' :P

• Options
    So I've been thinking of getting this on PC while the 25% off voucher is available over at GMG, but I'm kinda hesitant considering how badly the GTAIV port to PC was done and the multiple release delays.

Are there any actual hands-on info from the full game out there anywhere? Because I'd like to preorder this thing, but I'd also like to not get burned by a shitty port.

Do you still get a pre-order bonus? I thought those ended 3/31. If that is the case, no reason not to wait a day or two after release to get impressions.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    It'll be either good or shit. There, we solved it! HUZZAH!

I am still super excited. I will be glad if I can get it to look and play like the console versions tbh. PC gaming is a funny business like that. Can have a super mental rig and it'll still not run shit riight if you have one setting wrong.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    L.A. Noire may have been open world but it was a vacant, boring open world. Aside from collecting film reels there's no reason to explore at all. It's one game that probably would have benefited from a more linear style of game.

I have faith the PC port of Rockstar's flagship franchise will be good, if not better than console versions. Just don't expect online to work day one...

• Options

Do you still get a pre-order bonus? I thought those ended 3/31. If that is the case, no reason not to wait a day or two after release to get impressions.

It was extended again until release day.

The amount of money it gives you is not really a big deal since heists are out. That is, if pc ships with heists. I mean, they said it would. but yeah. There's no guarantee GTAO will work on pc launch with how they have treated this stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Leaked 60fps pc trailor.... rockstar russia had it listed but not published or some weird thing.... Look fast it may go away....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6OLE_mcOD8

:o
    :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4xIy1rlJKs

I may need time off from work....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have booked the 14th through to the 16th off but it's actually due to health reasons. A very pleasant coincidence though! :D

• Options
    I've requested off for every release day so far, including this one. That means it'll either be delayed again or the single player will require online activation and their servers will shit the bed.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I have booked the 14th through to the 16th off but it's actually due to health reasons. A very pleasant coincidence though! :D

Was going to say, you might be in for some rage if you wanted to be in gtao on first two days of launch. :D

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Was going to say, you might be in for some rage if you wanted to be in gtao on first two days of launch.

Just because every single (BAR NONE) rock-star PC release has massive, just...... monumental, issues for the first few days doesn't mean it will happen this time.

I mean just because it happens every single time, that's not a guarantee it will happen again, right?

• Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Was going to say, you might be in for some rage if you wanted to be in gtao on first two days of launch.

Just because every single (BAR NONE) rock-star PC release has massive, just...... monumental, issues for the first few days doesn't mean it will happen this time.

I mean just because it happens every single time, that's not a guarantee it will happen again, right?

It isn't guaranteed, for sure, I'm firmly still in the camp of 99% chance gtao will have at least the same connection/downtime launch issues as the other released for this game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    L.A. Noire may have been open world but it was a vacant, boring open world. Aside from collecting film reels there's no reason to explore at all. It's one game that probably would have benefited from a more linear style of game.

I have faith the PC port of Rockstar's flagship franchise will be good, if not better than console versions. Just don't expect online to work day one...

Dude, driving badly while your partners expressed their disapproval was a perfect reason to dick around in the open world. Phelps telling them to shut up? Also worth it. :P

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
This discussion has been closed.