As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GIANT BOMB Has Been Rated

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Black Italians in the 18th century Caribbean.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    edit: slow

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its a good thing Brad never goes to those prerelease conferences

He would spoil the games months before they even come out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    microsoft opens the giant Xbox One they've built and reveals that i am living inside of it

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I am having a fucking blast with GTA online and even the single player 90% of the time but that 10% is on the wobbly cusp of making me regret the purchase entirely

Like the last incident I had when trying to show somebody the online stuff has made me hesitant to even tell people I play it, it's something I do in my closet with all the blinds in the house drawn

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Also blizzard beat Rockstar to the punch years ago on that whole "switch between 3 protagonists" thing

Blizzard wrote it down and told people about it

Rockstar actually released a game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    Also also. Thinking about media enabled toasters I kinda wish there was a toaster that took jpegs, converted them to greyscale and toasted it into the bread.
    It's just a school project with poor resolution but....

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Also blizzard beat Rockstar to the punch years ago on that whole "switch between 3 protagonists" thing

The_Lost_Vikings_SNES_cover.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    Oh man that EGM box quote is hilarious in retrospect.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

Glad to have joined the losing team

Does this include the windwaker bundle being out? would have thought that would spur things

I am enjoying mine and I am looking forward to Mario 3D... there's at least 6 games I *want* to buy for this thing, can't say that for my PS3

Like I said, this pdf won't load for me for some reason, but sales are reported after each quarter. The last quarter ended at the end of September, just before Wind Waker came out.

Granted, the sample we have here of people buying that bundle is highly anecdotal, but I'd expect to find spikes for both that and Mario 3D World in 3 weeks.

310k units in Q2

Projection is still 9m lifetime by end of the current fiscal year. Currently sitting at 3.91mil units

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

The_Lost_Vikings_SNES_cover.jpg

Friday_the_13th_NES.png

Switch between seven characters in an open world survival horror sandbox.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't know where to post this

But attention Penny Arcade:

Guy Fieri got the crap beat out of him by his hair dresser

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/guy-fieri-heated-fist-fight-hairdresser-captured-video-article-1.1501469

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »

Glad to have joined the losing team

Does this include the windwaker bundle being out? would have thought that would spur things

I am enjoying mine and I am looking forward to Mario 3D... there's at least 6 games I *want* to buy for this thing, can't say that for my PS3

Like I said, this pdf won't load for me for some reason, but sales are reported after each quarter. The last quarter ended at the end of September, just before Wind Waker came out.

Granted, the sample we have here of people buying that bundle is highly anecdotal, but I'd expect to find spikes for both that and Mario 3D World in 3 weeks.

310k units in Q2

Projection is still 9m lifetime by end of the current fiscal year. Currently sitting at 3.91mil units

9m is probably unrealistic, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it reach maybe 6 with those exclusives added to the mix.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Uhh guys, let's not forget:
    Cv3_na_box.jpg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Man I want to know how many people got that trip to go see Dracula

• Options

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/guy-fieri-heated-fist-fight-hairdresser-captured-video-article-1.1501469

I am shocked to find out he has a hair dresser who gets paid money to make his hair look like that.

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »

I am shocked to find out he has a hair dresser who gets paid money to make his hair look like that.

Maybe that's why he snapped. That's like paying a chef to make you hot dogs every day for years.

sig.gif
  • Options

Maybe that's why he snapped. That's like paying a chef to make you hot dogs every day for years.

So what you're saying is they were a perfect fit?

• Options

So what you're saying is they were a perfect fit?

A regular match made in hell

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

macaroni penguin is a tradition passed down through the decades

see notable fantastic boyband b4-4 for more information

B44+56.jpg

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I don't think I'm alone in wanting to have beat up Guy Fieri at some point

Right?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    hots was a good game

but it wasn't wol

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    That picture is frightening. Hurry up and post more so we can get to the next page.

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

B44+56.jpg

Decade. Singular.

Specifially, the 90s.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NO! Don't quote it!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

B44+56.jpg

As soon as I saw that name I thought, "Mike is making a reference that only Candians will get, isn't he?'

Then I looked them up on wikipedia.

Yep.

Canadian.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

B44+56.jpg

As soon as I saw that name I thought, "Mike is making a reference that only Candians will get, isn't he?'

Then I looked them up on wikipedia.

Yep.

Canadian.

Even I didn't get it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I don't think I'm alone in wanting to have beat up Guy Fieri at some point

Right?

Before exchanging blows Guy Fieri said "Stop me if this makes me look gay."

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I am having a fucking blast with GTA online and even the single player 90% of the time but that 10% is on the wobbly cusp of making me regret the purchase entirely

Like the last incident I had when trying to show somebody the online stuff has made me hesitant to even tell people I play it, it's something I do in my closet with all the blinds in the house drawn

What happened?

• Options
    I like how that image combines the irritance of massively terrible hair and the eerieness of a last known photograph

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

I never knew he was a Next FN Star winner

It's good to know that there are people who can be squarely blamed for Guy Fieri, besides his parents

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    From the B4-4 Wiki Page:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    After breaking up from the band, twin brothers Ryan and Dan Kowarsky formed their own duo group RyanDan and have released two albums, RyanDan in 2007. Rick & Rylan were hired as fluffers for the duo. After RyanDan broke up, the fluffers (Rick & Rylan) formed a group band AssLove and have released one album which will be out by January 2014.

Mike

What do you need to tell us honey

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I like how that image combines the irritance of massively terrible hair and the eerieness of a last known photograph

Uh uh uh uh

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Having a boy band made up of Ryan, Dan, Rick and Rylan sounds like a joke.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Crippl3 wrote: »

What happened?

Literally less than ten seconds after I load it up and get on my bike a pedestrian hollers "You look like a tranny!" and the person I'm showing it to goes "Dude."

And I'm like "Fuck, man..." and just switch it off

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

What happened?

Literally less than ten seconds after I load it up and get on my bike a pedestrian hollers "You look like a tranny!" and the person I'm showing it to goes "Dude."

And I'm like "Fuck, man..." and just switch it off

That's really unrealistic. People only shout obscenities at bicyclists from the passenger seat of cars. No one does it as a pedestrian.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

I never knew he was a Next FN Star winner

It's good to know that there are people who can be squarely blamed for Guy Fieri, besides his parents

He's basically the only successful Next FN Star as far as I know. Everyone else got shuffled off onto Sunday morning cooking shows and then disappeared.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Okay listening to today's Bombcast I have my doubts GTAV will even be in Brad's Top 10

He's a little over a third into the game and he's already pretty sure he's not gonna play much more of it

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Food Network would be better off if they just aired Chopped 24 hours a day.

All of the personalities they have are either insipid, racist, or homophobic, but damn am I addicted to watching four professional chefs attempt to combine cotton candy, caviar, pigs feet, and bok choy into a restaurant quality dish and then fail spectacularly.

Maximum on
  • Options
    Alton Brown seems ok?

This discussion has been closed.