As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

GIANT BOMB Has Been Rated

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
edited October 2013 in Social Entropy++
Video Game website GIANT BOMB has been rated CHARMINGLY GARRULOUS. The tone of the website is HUMOROUS. The conversation is often centered on VIDEO GAMES, PIZZA, TORQUE and SHERLOCK HOLMES We find the discussion BULLSHIT

The users JEFF GERSTMAN, VINNY CARAVELLA, BRAD SHOEMAKER, PATRICK KLEPEK, DREW SCANLON and ALEX NAVARRO were very engaged.

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
Ms Dapper on

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    If Drew wasn't voted #1 by the robot algorithms they are officially bullshit

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    AAAHHHHH

THE ROBOTS HAVE GOTTEN MRDAPPER

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    HUMOROUS

Unless you mean GB is boned

CYpGAPn.png
    Huntera wrote: »
    If Drew wasn't voted #1 by the robot algorithms they are officially bullshit
    The robots hate Drew because he is the perfect man and they could never replicate him

CYpGAPn.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    videogames are bullshit

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    BqnhOCI.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    AAAHHHHH

I have no idea what you mean user SIRETCHWARTS
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    HUMOROUS

Unless you mean GB is boned

Thank you human.

2ohWien.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    "humorous"

and there should be a comma after "Scanlon"

c+

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Pay me 500$ and I will nominate your game as the android platform game of the year!

Repostin this cause I wanna
    Playin Origins. Just finished the Royal Hotel.

For a bit I was getting really bored with it because it does feel really really similar to AC but then
     the Joker/Bane dynamic starts which I find very interesting and while I am still mostly tired of Joker stories, I have to say Origins has one hell of a Joker. Baker absolutely kills it with the voice and a Joker that is just meeting Batman and figuring out who he really is is way more compelling than OH BATSIE for the billionth time.

The same goes for Batman and his relative obscurity and inexperience. There is a lot more character work being done here than the other games ever touched on and I am absolutely loving it.

Basically the gameplay is almost identical to AC and a little dull because of it but the story is wonderful and keeping me interested.

CYpGAPn.png
    "humorous"

and there should be a comma after "Scanlon"

c+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g

2ohWien.png
    MrDapper wrote: »
    AAAHHHHH

I have no idea what you mean user SIRETCHWARTS

What's wrong with Wolfy? I hear him barking. Is he alright?

Terminator-Screening-Call-300x300.png

OH MY GOD THIS BOMBCAST

THEY USE THE ESHOP RELEASES MUSIC

ahhhhh so soothing

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    I have been going through the Harmontown podcasts at work for the past few weeks. They play Dungeons and Dragons on there for half of each podcast. I have come to appreciate the difference between a great dungeon master like Spencer on the Harmontown podcast and a Matthew Rorie on the Thursday Pathfinder shows.

Every time I listen to Harmontown I just wish they had a Spencer on Giant Bomb to enhance the gang during Pathfinder instead of limit them

To be fair, Spencer is what every DM aspires to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQiytVipW4

2ohWien.png
    Spencer is amazing.
    I have never played any form of D&D but he makes me want to play it.

I have had more fun with D&D than I've ever had with a video game.

And I really like video games!

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    natek wrote: »
    I have been going through the Harmontown podcasts at work for the past few weeks. They play Dungeons and Dragons on there for half of each podcast. I have come to appreciate the difference between a great dungeon master like Spencer on the Harmontown podcast and a Matthew Rorie on the Thursday Pathfinder shows.

Every time I listen to Harmontown I just wish they had a Spencer on Giant Bomb to enhance the gang during Pathfinder instead of limit them

I really enjoyed Chris Perkins doing the Penny Arcade D&D podcast. He is the creative manager of Wizards of the Coast, so he knows a thing or two about the game

I've had a couple good D&D sessions and one amazing one. It may not sound like much, but that one is still spoken about in legend.

2ohWien.png
    Outside of @Gatsby's D&D campaign I haven't had a ton of fun playing D&D though I feel like that's partially due to the size of my regular group (3 people including me)

I imagine that the one D&D campaign I've run through isn't much to brag about compared to others, but I won't ever forget the time our Minotaur pulled a Fastball Special on a dragon with our Gnome.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    To be fair to Rorie, every DM has to start somewhere.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    To be fair to Rorie, every DM has to start somewhere.

Yeah it is a tough job I assume. But he does not seem to prepare at all (basic rules and skills the players already have). And when they initially thought of the idea Dave said he wanted to bring in a pro DM for now obvious reasons.
    I am just sad at what could have been, having listened to two D&D campaigns at the same time.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Friend of mine grabbed a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall and a DualShock 4 today

I am oddly jealous, even though I know he can't actually do anything with them right now

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    My D&D campaign (4th edition) lasted three years. It was a group of actors (myself included) and our DM was a playwright who created this huge, expansive original story. Everyone was really invested in their character and we met on a weekly basis. I was the only one who had played some version of D&D before, so watching them discover everything was fantastic. I will remember that campaign for the rest of my life. It was awesome.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I am oddly jealous, even though I know he can't actually do anything with them right now

You can totally play PS3 games with a Dualshock 4

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

You can totally play PS3 games with a Dualshock 4

2aveJyz.png

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I'm so disappointed a full set of those hasn't been done

Someone did some really great ones for every season of Lost, I'd love to see more GB ones

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    dave is a cool guy

i can always hear his voice in my head going "yeah!"

I've actually been thinking of running a D&D campaign with a bunch of first-timers.

It'd be my first time as GM, so surely nothing could go wrong.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    people who like the changes 4e made should check out 13th age

it's designed by the head designers of 3e and 4e, both friends who played at the other's gaming tables for years

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    1024x576.resizedimage

6F32U1X.png
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    dave is a cool guy

i can always hear his voice in my head going "yeah!"

Dave makes anything entertaining.
    He and his dead parrot urging V-bomb to do bad things are half the fun of Thursday evenings

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I've just started a Gamma World campaign with a few friends, it's their first time with D&D stuff. This is my second time DMing (the last was 4th edition a couple of years ago for a few months).

Tomorrow is our second session! I think it's going well so far. They all seem to be getting invested in their characters!

Plus it's Gamma World so I get to have a lot of fun with their campaign and what they do.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    The users couldn't decide on HOT OR COLD pizza.

There is a side case in Origins that ends with the killer just being a random thug. No supervillains, no comic characters. Just some dude that killed another dude.

I fucking love it.

CYpGAPn.png
    The one time I was not the DM the guy who was didn't understand RPing. Like didn't understand why I gave my character a backstory.

2ohWien.png
    The one time I was not the DM the guy who was didn't understand RPing. Like didn't understand why I gave my character a backstory.

Was he more focused on min-maxing?

Was he more focused on min-maxing?

Yep, he did make it so my level 2 rogue had a crazy stealth modifier, like +12.

2ohWien.png
This discussion has been closed.