Options

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    13 Pulls into Heroic Fallen Protectors before we called it, since for a first day that's quite a good progression. We did get one pull to the second Misery/Gloom/Sorrow phase so...halfway through?

The add phase is kicking our ass though. Sun's phase seems trivial (if we don't get a Noxious Poison in the bubble underneath the stack point), and Anguish dude gets cheesed to hell as we have 3 paladins.

Make sure you have a set interrupt order. That was hindering my guild at first until we fixed that. Also make sure your tank is stacking all three together. Since they share health, cleaving them down is great. I think it goes without saying, but plan out raid CDs too. That phase is definitely the hardest, though. If you can get past the 2nd one it should be smooth sailing from there.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    13 Pulls into Heroic Fallen Protectors before we called it, since for a first day that's quite a good progression. We did get one pull to the second Misery/Gloom/Sorrow phase so...halfway through?

The add phase is kicking our ass though. Sun's phase seems trivial (if we don't get a Noxious Poison in the bubble underneath the stack point), and Anguish dude gets cheesed to hell as we have 3 paladins.

Make sure you have a set interrupt order. That was hindering my guild at first until we fixed that. Also make sure your tank is stacking all three together. Since they share health, cleaving them down is great. I think it goes without saying, but plan out raid CDs too. That phase is definitely the hardest, though. If you can get past the 2nd one it should be smooth sailing from there.

Yea, our interrupts started slipping and we were cleaving them as much as we could. Once we got past their phase, everything went smoother.

Though I am scratching my head as to why the Mark of Anguish add decided to come over to me, beat on me a couple times, and then inexplicably change targets to someone else. I hit my cooldown to tank it for a bit then popped Might of Ursoc for more survivability and then suddenly he was gone and I sure as hell never hit my extra action button.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That can happen if the current target dies, or if you are unlucky when it first spawns. It can start beating you up before the debuff goes out. If you can still move and it's hitting you, it will probably change targets soon.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    We used to run into a bug every now and then with H Protectors where the health for Stonetoe's adds wasn't being shared. Usually that ended up being a wipe.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I thought the Redirect glyph would be valuable for some super-expert-pros, but apparently it's not.

Maybe they should change it. To automatically come into use when it's glyph'd.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    That can happen if the current target dies, or if you are unlucky when it first spawns. It can start beating you up before the debuff goes out. If you can still move and it's hitting you, it will probably change targets soon.

Naw, I had the debuff, he started beating on me (I was the 4th person to get him) and then switched targets. I might have figured out why, though more testing is needed tomorrow. But he only left me when I Might of Ursoc'd...which is a shapeshift that clears movement-impairing debuffs since I'm a druid. And Mark of Anguish is an immobilization effect.

I'm going to laugh if I can clear the debuff off myself just through shifting.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Being attackable during pet battles seems really dumb to me. Yes/no?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yes.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well maybe if you don't want to be PvP'd while taking part in a gameplay element that wasn't around when the PvP ruleset was thought of you shouldn't have rolled on a PvP realm.

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Well maybe if you don't want to be PvP'd while taking part in a gameplay element that wasn't around when the PvP ruleset was thought of you shouldn't have rolled on a PvP realm.
    Yeah, pretty much that. The repurcussions of rolling on a pvp realm are difficult enough to truly understand even at the time you make the choice, let alone with all the changes that happen afterwards.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I don't really see the problem with getting pvp'd out of a pet battle.
    otoh, I still think it's pretty shitty that 8 years later they said "wait, it's too hard for dipshit gankers to find victims. let's build a system that funnels all the lowbies on 15 servers together so they're pretty much guaranteed to find them"

• Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Haven't played WoW since WotLK but I was thinking of dinking around a little in it to see how it's changed. Back in those days you had to be in a major raiding guild if you wanted some top level gear but I don't have the time to invest in raiding 40 hours a week. Have they made it more viable for solo players who play on their own time to acquire decent sets of gear? As I was leaving the daily quests were becoming a thing.

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got pretty pissed last night because my girlfriend and I spent 40 minutes in three bursts waiting for all the NPCs in Thrallmar to respawn because some asshat from another server was coming by and killing them.

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    Haven't played WoW since WotLK but I was thinking of dinking around a little in it to see how it's changed. Back in those days you had to be in a major raiding guild if you wanted some top level gear but I don't have the time to invest in raiding 40 hours a week. Have they made it more viable for solo players who play on their own time to acquire decent sets of gear? As I was leaving the daily quests were becoming a thing.

Depending on precisely what you mean by decent gear, yes. Your definition of solo might come into question as well. Between raid finder and flex raiding you can certainly farm a set of gear that is more than sufficient for anything you'll face outside of proper raiding and requires a minimum of social interaction.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Yeah, I got pretty pissed last night because my girlfriend and I spent 40 minutes in three bursts waiting for all the NPCs in Thrallmar to respawn because some asshat from another server was coming by and killing them.

Yeah that happened to me last night when I was trying to farm the last items of the beast lord set for a transmog on my hunter
    I waited he attacks and clears them so I wait till he comes back and kill him over and over to get the point across it's not funny

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I thought the Redirect glyph would be valuable for some super-expert-pros, but apparently it's not.

Maybe they should change it. To automatically come into use when it's glyph'd.
    It is on some fights. Klaxxi and Siegecrafter come to mind

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    A+ post.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    For Heroic Imerseus, do people form a line in one segment and keep moving over as pools are formed, or do you have your raiders spread out like in normal mode?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    This is what they want to happen, as long as it's in the sweet spot of wasting your time without being too annoying to get you to quit. The more time you waste the less content they need to generate, which is basically MoP's mantra.

• Options

Naw, I had the debuff, he started beating on me (I was the 4th person to get him) and then switched targets. I might have figured out why, though more testing is needed tomorrow. But he only left me when I Might of Ursoc'd...which is a shapeshift that clears movement-impairing debuffs since I'm a druid. And Mark of Anguish is an immobilization effect.

I'm going to laugh if I can clear the debuff off myself just through shifting.

Shapeshifting clears it, yeah. Our Feral Druid found this out as well. You have to shift into Bear prior to taking the debuff, then you can pop your defensives. It's a pretty dumb roundabout way of doing it, but.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    For Heroic Imerseus, do people form a line in one segment and keep moving over as pools are formed, or do you have your raiders spread out like in normal mode?

Everyone's on a single floor tile, spread out enough so the sha puddles that form don't stack beneath the entire raid. The tanks are naturally 1 floor tile over so as not to Corrosive Blast the raid. When the floor tile fills up with puddles, the entire raid rotates one tile over and repeats.

Characters
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    For as easy as everyone says he is my guild never managed to bet Heroic Immerseus before everyone hung up their swords and staves for the expansion. We bet Heroic Protectors, Norshen (the true easiest boss), and Galakras we just couldn't make it work for Immerseus, for whatever reason.

Advocate on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Incidentally, our Immerseus kill (from our ret pally's perspective) in case anyone's interested in watching these things: http://www.twitch.tv/saltydagem/c/3631560

It has a funny ending.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular

Everyone's on a single floor tile, spread out enough so the sha puddles that form don't stack beneath the entire raid. The tanks are naturally 1 floor tile over so as not to Corrosive Blast the raid. When the floor tile fills up with puddles, the entire raid rotates one tile over and repeats.

That's the strategy we were trying. It kept on failing because people would spawn way too many adds, die to the dot, move too far over, or not move at all when the puddles form up. I guess it will be a matter of getting more practice on that fight.

• Options

That's the strategy we were trying. It kept on failing because people would spawn way too many adds, die to the dot, move too far over, or not move at all when the puddles form up. I guess it will be a matter of getting more practice on that fight.

My raid uses 3 total tiles. 1 for the Tank, 1 for healers + a few dps, 1 for all the other dps, in that order. The non-active tank hangs out anywhere there's room, but ideally on the healer tile since there's less travel time to get back to the tank tile. Everyone spreads way the fuck away from each other, so there's plenty of room to drop pools without causing a fuss. When the adds come out, the add tanks brings the adds in between the healer tile and dps tile.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So I have a question about mythic raiding in Warlords of Draenor. Will you be locked to a raid ID or can you join another persons raid and not receive loot from a boss more than once per week but participate in multiple raids in one week?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    for everything other than mythic you'll just be locked 'to loot' the way flex is currently; i.e. once you've killed it and/or rolled once, you can't get loot that way again.

I don't remember whether mythic works that way though (possibly they haven't decided yet? My memory of those blue posts is fuzzy)

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I think Mythic is locked to an ID. No reason for it not to, since it's also separate from normal/heroic so there's no worry about skipping bosses and all that.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Got to try my prot warrior alt on hc Iron Juggernaut, it's stupid how much easier it is on warrior when compared to brewmaster. Brewmaster can use Guard/Diffuse Magic/Zen meditation against Ignite Armor, while prot can just Shield Barrier, all the time. With bad luck I can usually just barely get all of the mines before they explode on brewmaster, because getting thrown in air takes time. Warrior can just charge/leap between the mines and take them in seconds, and no need to use cooldowns because Shield Barrier.

Both tank classes are so nice now. Kind of wish DKs were as good though, I kind of miss them too.. :P

• Options
    Yeah, we have our prot warrior take 2 entire sets of mines on his own. We only need one mine soaker. It's very nice. If only that fight weren't spitting out retarded amounts of damage at all times.

• Options
    We just attempted to 2 heal Heroic Protectors (our third healer's pipe burst in his basement).

:s

Characters
  • Options
    We finally got some pulls in on Heroic Thok again, finally. Ended up wiping at the same spot we always do. Bats come down and wreck the tank. I thought about it for a bit and I think we're just gonna 2-tank him next time. Our DPS is high enough that we don't really need to 1-tank it, and it makes things safer. I have a feeling it'll make things SO much easier this way. Can't wait to try it.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I think Mythic is locked to an ID. No reason for it not to, since it's also separate from normal/heroic so there's no worry about skipping bosses and all that.

Not to mentioned that that is intended to be the content for the bleeding edge raider, so it's not that unreasonable to expect them to be able to work around such a setup. Also IIRC they were leaning towards that content sticking to the traditional master looter approach. I'm pretty sure they'll allow bonus rolls, but I wouldn't be surprised if they opted not to do so, have a delay on when they can be used or the bonus rolls only rewarded heroic gear.

Plus, this is where you'd get the group of players that would burn themselves out on running alts and subs through bosses just to gear them up. Then turn around a bitch about how stupid it is for them to be able to down mythic bosses on the same character multiple times per lockout and only be able to roll once

• Options
    edited January 2014
    7 pulls and we killed Heroic Norushen (beat the enrage by 2 seconds). 2 heroic kills in the first week of attempts, woop woop!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    We finally got some pulls in on Heroic Thok again, finally. Ended up wiping at the same spot we always do. Bats come down and wreck the tank. I thought about it for a bit and I think we're just gonna 2-tank him next time. Our DPS is high enough that we don't really need to 1-tank it, and it makes things safer. I have a feeling it'll make things SO much easier this way. Can't wait to try it.

It's easily 2-tankable. We did it, mostly because neither of our tanks have fantastic DPS sets. More about pushing each phase perfectly than one extra DPS.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Heh, before riposte happened I was actively avoiding parry and dodge on my warrior. Now.. not so much. Gotta stack parry!

I dread what's going to happen on heroic Thok once we reach it. Our healers reach like 10 stacks on normal so yeah..

Still Malkorok and Spoils between us and Thok anyway. I'm vaguely hopeful that we might actually finally progress again, if we can clear up to Malk quick enough. Solo tanking the rage thing is fun (though stressful!) anyway. Full vengeance is hilarious and makes me wish proper aoe vengeance and vengeance scumming in fire were still things.

What's heroic Spoils like?

• Options
    Spoils is annoying for the simple fact that you can die because the other group always keeps fucking up. It happens. All the time. Screw group #2, those guys suck.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

If I see Thrallmar getting evaporated on the defense channel, I head over there with my shaman and deal with the ruffian. They are nearly always scoundrels who run off, and try to recover, but that is not the way I play when it comes to dealing with jerks who are killing quest NPC's and I try to make it as miserable as possible for them.

I got the most satisfying kill the other day. Got to Thrallmar to see a bunch of dead NPC's and a nelf druid in flight form. I landed, and used my blue shell. The thing is, most people think I'm just using a spell, so they attempt to fly off, which meant that this time, the druid landed on 10% health because they'd flown so high. When the nelf did the old shadowmeld / flightform combo, I got a rather lucky lavaflows proc, which meant she ate a lava burst that finished her off.

They didn't log back on. It's normally impossible to catch let alone kill a nelf druid when it comes to outside world pvp.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Oh god, Heroic Siegecrafter is so brutal. Fuck me, there's just shit fucking everywhere.

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    So they are changing vengeance again:
    But Vengeance makes sure that not all tanks do that much DPS right?
    Not in 6.0; Vengeance no longer affects DPS. (Celestalon)
    What is it changed to again? Threat?
    It's just the defensive side of what it does today. Will also do Threat if needed, but that's not likely. (Celestalon)

I know the majority of active mitigation abilities scale off vengeance but what about those that dont? Like none of a Death Knight's defensive abilities scale off vengeance...

This discussion has been closed.