Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I think the idea was the baseline sale price and the feature pricing (daily/flash/etc) would be the same across both sales.
    But there would end up being many more feature sales over the course of the Christmas sale.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Secret of the magic crystals is $1 everyone.

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I think the idea was the baseline sale price and the feature pricing (daily/flash/etc) would be the same across both sales.
    But there would end up being many more feature sales over the course of the Christmas sale.

Yeah, pretty much. Having them both the same allows for more smaller games to get an opportunity.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Gonna have some money Fri/Sat, hopefully the flash sales for the games I really want can wait until then :D

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Guys:

928B3161F2559A0B1F84FE84E692B2A962A5F28E

It's so pretty, I've missed this game. More people should play so we can multiplayer and turn the ring station into a meteor scarred hellzone with dance parties on the sixth galatic day of the week.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Just wanted to give a quick thanks before I forget to @Undead Scottsman for Half-Life 2: Episode 2, I'm no longer one of the only few people who hasn't had the chance to play it.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

So, maybe, some time ago, when nobody was paying attention, I may have gifted out a few copies of this game... and now, thanks to @Broncbuster, I own it?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Guys:

It's so pretty, I've missed this game. More people should play so we can multiplayer and turn the ring station into a meteor scarred hellzone with dance parties on the sixth galatic day of the week.

what is that

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    What's the difference between Street Fight 4 and SF4: Arcade Edition? Are they compatible?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Guys:

*snip*

What is that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

So, maybe, some time ago, when nobody was paying attention, I may have gifted out a few copies of this game... and now, thanks to @Broncbuster, I own it?

My daughter wants to play it with you. Cause I have no more patients for it. Thanks, you monster

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Guys:

what is that

Startopia. Ex-Bullfrog guys made the company Muckyfoot. It is basically Dungeon Keeper in space, but I think I like it more than most other ganes of its type.

You arrive on an abandoned donut shaped space station. You take over a lower, industrial layer to act as a waystation for traveling merchants and such. Eventually you can take over more sections at your industrial level or higher (entertainment, for hotels, brotherls, bars, clubs and greenhouse where people relax and plants/crops grow).

A wonderful part is the races. Lovely, winged angel creatures to spikey warrior types to hippie purple guys with dread-locks.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Guys:

what is that

Startopia. It's 60% off right now and super cheap. You manage space stations for various alien races with incredibly racist hiring practices while a snarky AI guides you through the lore tidbits and how to play. Then you go onto free play mode, set it up to be as brutal or relaxed as you feel like (shockingly, meteors actually not the worst possible thing) before sitting back and slowly growing your space station in industry, entertainment and crop farming (using morphable terrain as well).

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    What's the difference between Street Fight 4 and SF4: Arcade Edition? Are they compatible?

It's like the difference between Street Fighter 2 and Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

Basically a sequel within the same series.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

My daughter wants to play it with you. Cause I have no more patients for it. Thanks, you monster

Just remember... Revenge is best served Barbie... just sayin'

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

No, they're not compatible.

They both have GFWL.

SSF4AE is the update to SF4, and it includes more characters and balance changes. It's the better game.

Though SSF4Ultra is looming in the horizon, and I have no idea if it'll end up being DLC for SSF4 (like on consoles) or a different game altogether.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Machismo wrote: »
    Guys:

what is that

Startopia. Ex-Bullfrog guys made the company Muckyfoot. It is basically Dungeon Keeper in space, but I think I like it more than most other ganes of its type.

You arrive on an abandoned donut shaped space station. You take over a lower, industrial layer to act as a waystation for traveling merchants and such. Eventually you can take over more sections at your industrial level or higher (entertainment, for hotels, brotherls, bars, clubs and greenhouse where people relax and plants/crops grow).

A wonderful part is the races. Lovely, winged angel creatures to spikey warrior types to hippie purple guys with dread-locks.

if I bought it it'd essentially be free cause I have money in my wallet from the market place..

ummmm...ahhh..ohh.

Fuckit.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Basically Capcom doesn't know how to count, and will re-release the same exact game with a few new features over and over again, and people will still buy it.

(see: Every Street Fighter game ever and the nine million different releases of Resident Evil and RE2)

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Flash Giveaway! (Adventure Team)
    signature.png

Edit: Steamgifts! Stop dying you coward!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Skyrim - the base game is now cheaper than the DLC. Is it worth it without the DLC as £3.74 seems a pretty good deal but...

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

Just remember... Revenge is best served Barbie... just sayin'

On that note: Barbie's Dreamhouse Party is not on sale. That's disappointing...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Guys:

what is that

Startopia. It's 60% off right now and super cheap. You manage space stations for various alien races with incredibly racist hiring practices while a snarky AI guides you through the lore tidbits and how to play. Then you go onto free play mode, set it up to be as brutal or relaxed as you feel like (shockingly, meteors actually not the worst possible thing) before sitting back and slowly growing your space station in industry, entertainment and crop farming (using morphable terrain as well).

Sold.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Toki Tori 2+ is 77% off, and it stacks with those 10% off coupons if you've still got yours.
    Store page shows 60% off. It's actually cheaper to buy the Two Tribes Bundle and get Toki Tori 1 & 2, Rush and Edge

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Also found on the list of sale games, Sacrifice!
    Didn't realize that was on Steam. Great older PC game.
    On sale 75% for $2.49.

• Options
    Podunk wrote: »
    Guys:

what is that

Sold.

Did I mention the snarky AI is British?

Also pretty much talks like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    If I had known the 50% off Brothers was a mistake, I would've grabbed it. It's been "corrected" to be more expensive. Probably means an upcoming flash/daily, but I was really excited for a 66 or 75.

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    Guys:

what is that

if I bought it it'd essentially be free cause I have money in my wallet from the market place..

ummmm...ahhh..ohh.

Fuckit.

A good choice, friend. Good choice. Ah, it reminds me of the days on Rigel 7, these simple creatures lived an idyllic life without electricity or even roofs! No rain or wind since waterful springs were everywhere. Lovely place. Lovely customers. I sold them electric ceiling fans with wireless controls and deluxe cable TV included! They seemed... less friendly afterwards.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Basically Capcom doesn't know how to count, and will re-release the same exact game with a few new features over and over again, and people will still buy it.

(see: Every Street Fighter game ever and the nine million different releases of Resident Evil and RE2)

Er, more accurately, capcom treats every numbered sequel as a generation of street fighter, and typically releases several sequels to them through out the entire generation.

Example:
    The street fighter II series
    -Street Fighter II
    -Street Fighter II'
    -Super Street Fighter II
    -Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Street Fighter Alpha series
    -Street Fighter Alpha
    -Street Fighter Alpha 2
    -Street Fighter Alpha 3 (totally the best one)

Street Fighter 3 series
    -Street Fighter 3
    -Street Fighter 3: Double Impact
    -Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Street Fighter IV series
    -Street Fighter IV
    -Super Street Fighter IV
    -Super Street Fighter IV: AE
    -Ultra Street Fighter IV

EDIT: The number attached to the game typically tells you what general set of rules the game adheres to. So that, while each sequel has tweaks and balance changes, all street fighter II games play relatively the same, compared to street fighter alpha, compared to street fighter 3, compared to street fighter IV.

Typically, the 3rd or 4th sequel in each series will introduce a dramatically different play mechanic, like Super moves in SSF2T, parries in Street Fighter III: Third strike, -isms in Street Fighter Alpha 3, etc.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    If I had known the 50% off Brothers was a mistake, I would've grabbed it. It's been "corrected" to be more expensive. Probably means an upcoming flash/daily, but I was really excited for a 66 or 75.

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing with Dishonored GOTY :|

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Muppetman wrote: »
    Skyrim - the base game is now cheaper than the DLC. Is it worth it without the DLC as £3.74 seems a pretty good deal but...

It is still amazing even sans DLC. £3.74 is an incredible bargain. Plenty of content (not to mention mods) to keep you busy forever until the DLC drop even lower in price and/or you are ready for them.

I seem to be selling Skyrim a lot today.
    But it deserves it, yo.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    @an_alt is good people who got me Startopia, because they know I love cool alien stuff. Thanks!

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    According to my inbox, I can haz giftbombs!

@BigDes determined that a withered wallet was insufficient reason to neglect the Newell and snagged The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav right off my wishlist (woot, love Dark Eye stuff!), and @Albino Bunny (right? You're Royal Canterlot Voice?) threw Startopia my way... which, in that delightful Steam Thread sort of way, went from "I never heard of that" to "I must have this now" in the space of a few posts. LOL

Thanks! :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Guys:

what is that

Sold me.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

Can I see your medical license because I'm pretty sure that game didn't pass FDA trials

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Din's Curse is looking mighty fine.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Anyone want a Luxor Mahjong code?

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    It is still amazing even sans DLC. £3.74 is an incredible bargain. Plenty of content (not to mention mods) to keep you busy forever until the DLC drop even lower in price and/or you are ready for them.
    Just a note. Once you get it, don't forget to subscribe to the only essential Skyrim mod in the Steam Workshop.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »
    krackq wrote: »
    I will never make it through my backlog of games with steam sales! Actually I wonder if there is anyone here that does not have a backlog in their steam library?

My 57-year-old mom has a Steam backlog.

I think it's safe to say that, if you have a Steam account, you have a backlog.

I actually knew a couple people without Steam backlogs. Like one only had Fallout 3 on her account, which she beat a couple times.

I fixed this problem!

These days, even folks without accounts are just one bundle away from having a backlog.

Oh yeah, with all the various humble bundles flying around particularly, there is no good reason to not have a backlog started. And to increase the backlog of everyone else around you.

Reminds me I should go through my humble library and divy up the keys I will never use.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Luchaire wrote: »
    According to my inbox, I can haz giftbombs!

@ BigDes determined that a withered wallet was insufficient reason to neglect the Newell and snagged The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav right off my wishlist (woot, love Dark Eye stuff!), and @ "Albino Bunny" (right? You're Royal Canterlot Voice?) threw Startopia my way... which, in that delightful Steam Thread sort of way, went from "I never heard of that" to "I must have this now" in the space of a few posts. LOL

Thanks! :)

That is me yes. I kinda figured it'd be your thing and I'm usually too cash strapped to participate in gift based bombings so I thought I'd chuck something your way.

Also it's awesome and everyone should have it.

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    Just a note. Once you get it, don't forget to subscribe to the only essential Skyrim mod in the Steam Workshop.

and it just became 10 times harder to resist the skyrim sale.

This discussion has been closed.