Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    Muppetman wrote: »
    Skyrim - the base game is now cheaper than the DLC. Is it worth it without the DLC as £3.74 seems a pretty good deal but...
    It is still amazing even sans DLC. £3.74 is an incredible bargain. Plenty of content (not to mention mods) to keep you busy forever until the DLC drop even lower in price and/or you are ready for them.
    Just a note. Once you get it, don't forget to subscribe to the only essential Skyrim mod in the Steam Workshop.

I sometimes lie awake at night wishing I'd made that mod rather than the cloaks!

Remember when we had this on every page?

vmtdB.gif

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

SniperGuy wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    WTH? My 8 year old son added Slender to his wish list. Is, is that a really scary game?

Yes, super scary. Kids have become aware of Slender though things like Minecraft mods and YouTube clips but generally the games are totally suspenseful and scary.

He does love minecraft. If it goes on sale, I'll buy it.

Not to question your parenting or anything, but 8 seems really young for Slenderman. Like, they even made a PA comic about it.
    i-qrVrFCt-950x10000.jpg

Obviously you know what your kid can handle more than anyone else but...Slenderman is fucking terrifying.

I saw robocop, in theaters, at the ripe old age of 4. I turned out fine :#

EDIT: For those with hazy memories, the hero of the movie is blown away bit by bit with shotguns, beginning with his hands and arms. Then, at one point, a guy has his skin melted off with acid and wanders around like a half zombie before he's run over with a car and turned into goo. And, in the end, red foreman has his throat ripped out with a metal pike, which causes buckets of blood to spew out.

What a fantastic movie.

When I was 8, I told my mom I wanted to watch Friday the 13th. She said if I sat through The Exorcist, I could watch any horror movies I wanted.

That movie scared the shit out of me. Friday the 13th was pretty tame the next day.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Man, how is stuff like Arkham Origins and SC Blacklist getting discounts, while Remember Me is still at full price? They better give us a daily for that one...

It looks like GameFly has a sale going on today, and Remember Me is 50% off. I don't know if that's worth it for you, but I just wanted to let you know!

Gamefly Sales
    I feel almost like a traitor for posting non-Steam sales on the big Steam sale day. Sorry, GabeN!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Anyone want a Luxor Mahjong code?

Loading...?

I like Luxor and Mahjong and I totally grabbed this. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Anyone want a Luxor Mahjong code?

Loading...?

Probably a good podcast-listening game, folks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I played a bit of Rogue Legacy

And I'm not really enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

It's probably more a number of smaller things than any one thing.

So far I'm not a fan of how fragile the player is, combined with the scarcity of health recovery.

There are a lot of flying enemies that are hard to hit, that shoot projectiles that are difficult to avoid.

Enemies have varying levels, so even in the same major area, enemies of the same type might deal the same amount of damage or have the same amount of health.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Secret of the magic crystals is $1 everyone.

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

So, maybe, some time ago, when nobody was paying attention, I may have gifted out a few copies of this game... and now, thanks to @Broncbuster, I own it?

My daughter wants to play it with you. Cause I have no more patients for it. Thanks, you monster

Just remember... Revenge is best served Barbie... just sayin'
    Luchaire wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Secret of the magic crystals is $1 everyone.

RETRIBUTION AT LAST!!!11

So, maybe, some time ago, when nobody was paying attention, I may have gifted out a few copies of this game... and now, thanks to @Broncbuster, I own it?

My daughter wants to play it with you. Cause I have no more patients for it. Thanks, you monster

Just remember... Revenge is best served Barbie... just sayin'

On that note: Barbie's Dreamhouse Party is not on sale. That's disappointing...

I will hit the decline button so hard that I will have to buy a replacement mouse/possible desk.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Assassin's Creed 3 on Gamefly ($6 as opposed to steams current $15) is a steam key? Kotaku claims it is but I see little evidence.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

So far I'm not a fan of how fragile the player is, combined with the scarcity of health recovery.

There are a lot of flying enemies that are hard to hit, that shoot projectiles that are difficult to avoid.

Enemies have varying levels, so even in the same major area, enemies of the same type might deal the same amount of damage or have the same amount of health.

Yeah, when I watched video, I was put off by how brutal it looks, and I had real trouble with the controls in the demo.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

Yeah, when I watched video, I was put off by how brutal it looks, and I had real trouble with the controls in the demo.

I didn't even realise that there's a demo. Might have been better if I tried that first.

At least it didn't cost very much.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Man, how is stuff like Arkham Origins and SC Blacklist getting discounts, while Remember Me is still at full price? They better give us a daily for that one...

It looks like GameFly has a sale going on today, and Remember Me is 50% off. I don't know if that's worth it for you, but I just wanted to let you know!

Gamefly Sales
    I feel almost like a traitor for posting non-Steam sales on the big Steam sale day. Sorry, GabeN!

Don't worry, as long as they are redeemable on Steam you are still serving the Newell to some degree. And all my spare money is in my Steam wallet so I don't have much of a choice anyway.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I remember discussion saying that Mortal Kombat was borked. Any specifics? I think it had to do with online play.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Thank you to @Spoit for Crysis: Maximum Edition (Yes, my rig will run it!), and @Talus who hit me with Mercenary Kings right after Spoit.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    @alecthar Accept friend request please!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone know if the Assassin's Creed 3 on Gamefly ($6 as opposed to steams current $15) is a steam key? Kotaku claims it is but I see little evidence.

I was wondering the same thing. Haven't found it yet.

Edit: found on Reddit that it is a Uplay key only.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    I may have won @giltanis 's giveaway by default, but I am still very thankful for winning Terraria from him! I have no clue what I am doing in this game yet, but it does seem like a game that will be a lasting presence in my gaming library.

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »

I'd be wary taking the chance. For example, Remember Me very prominently at the top of the page says it requires Steam, whereas Assassin's Creed 3 does not have the same disclaimer.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Skyrim was a great game for $50. Less than$10? That's a giant savings. The Workshop is incredible too.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The day it starts is the day I find out I've gotta pay for an airline ticket for my sister....like now. Goodbye steam sale, y'all have fun!

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Okay, so the DLC for Sleeping Dogs...does anyone know which ones are the ones that have more story content instead of just packs of unlocks? I'll go through them one at a time, but thought I'd ask if there were any of them that were stand out?

Not much in the way of wallet (so far, I may need to run to Gamestop and cash out my credit for Steam Store Cred), but those are the first dailies to grab my attention.

Startopia isn't a daily, so I'll wait on that. I want it due to my love of DK2, but I am trying to be a good Servant of the Newell and remembering to follow the flowchart.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I remember discussion saying that Mortal Kombat was borked. Any specifics? I think it had to do with online play.

The single player is fine (and I assume local multiplayer), but most of the time online just doesn't work.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Remember Stalin vs. Martians? A game so bad (25 Metascore) it was removed from Steam?
    Could you believe they are trying to kickstart a sequel?

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Oh Singularity. I would buy you so hard if you were cheap.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

Yeah. Good thing I didn't buy.

I'm hoping it will see a flash deal down to $7.50 on steam.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »

Gamefly Sales

Supposed to have an additional 20% off with this coupon: GFDNOV20

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Well I took the plunge on Skyrim - for less than £4 how could I not. Do I mod or alter it in anyway or just fire it up and get involved?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Finally finished Dragon Age 2 last night. Aside from the writing being pulled from the George Lucas school of subtlety, the too frequent bugs, and the fact they only designed two dungeons blocking off different doors when they were supposed to be different places, I did find it enjoyable.

Does anyone have suggestions for other RPGs with turn based or semi-turn based (KOTOR/Mass Effect) battle systems that are easy to lose yourself in, but are still playable and readable from the couch?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

Yeah. Good thing I didn't buy.

I'm hoping it will see a flash deal down to $7.50 on steam.

It most assuredly will, either in this sale or the Christmas sale.

Even if you buy it on a Steam, you'll still need Uplay. However I like having the product registered on Steam, just in case.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Podunk wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Guys:

928B3161F2559A0B1F84FE84E692B2A962A5F28E

It's so pretty, I've missed this game. More people should play so we can multiplayer and turn the ring station into a meteor scarred hellzone with dance parties on the sixth galatic day of the week.

what is that

Startopia. It's 60% off right now and super cheap. You manage space stations for various alien races with incredibly racist hiring practices while a snarky AI guides you through the lore tidbits and how to play. Then you go onto free play mode, set it up to be as brutal or relaxed as you feel like (shockingly, meteors actually not the worst possible thing) before sitting back and slowly growing your space station in industry, entertainment and crop farming (using morphable terrain as well).

Sold.

Did I mention the snarky AI is British?

Also pretty much talks like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I said SOLD! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I really wanted to like Dragon Age 2 but I was playing on PS3 and there was a gamebreaking bug where some item I needed fell through the floor and so you could never leave the city. It was never patched and I just couldn't bring myself to go through it all again with the possiblity of it happening again. I'm glad you found it enjoyable, @an_alt.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I really wanted to like Dragon Age 2 but I was playing on PS3 and there was a gamebreaking bug where some item I needed fell through the floor and so you could never leave the city. It was never patched and I just couldn't bring myself to go through it all again with the possiblity of it happening again. I'm glad you found it enjoyable, @an_alt.

That's why I always make sure I have a ton of saves from various points in games like DA and Skyrim. With them it's not a question of if a bug will ruin your day, just when.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, steamgifts finally letting me see who won. Here's the rundown so you don't buy anything :P

Clickr: DyasAlure
    Duke Nukem: Masume
    POSTAL: Talus
    Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire: Taramoor and Cydonia
    Dream Pinball 3D: GearGirl
    Nihilumbra and Speedrunners: HiTBiT
    Gravi, Chains, and X-Blades: Talus
    Jack Orlando: @ToyD and DaringDirk
    RIP - Trilogy: spool32
    Larva Mortus: GearGirl and Taramoor
    Space Trader: Merchant Marine: BigDes
    Sacred Citadel: DaringDirk
    Future Wars: Taramoor

I'll be sending 'em out later today.

@Jragghen you are a king amongst men! Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Marikir wrote: »
    Okay, so the DLC for Sleeping Dogs...does anyone know which ones are the ones that have more story content instead of just packs of unlocks? I'll go through them one at a time, but thought I'd ask if there were any of them

Year of the Snake is the one that continues a bit of the story after the main game.
    Nightmare in North point is a fun little side story that came out during last year's Halloween.
    Zodiac Tournament is a cool fighting tournament with an old-school asian fighting movie theme.
    Wheels of Fury adds a few more missions to get a badass car you can use to have some fun around the city and race.

I think there are a few more that add a couple of missions each but I'm not sure if they are worth it because I only have those four.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    LostNinja wrote: »
    That's why I always make sure I have a ton of saves from various points in games like DA and Skyrim. With them it's not a question of if a bug will ruin your day, just when.

Sound advice which I use when I can. One thing I couldn't say for sure, though, is if the game allowed for multiple saves. I don't think it did which just made the problem all the worse. The other annoying thing was I spent hours running around trying to find the thing I was supposed to pick up which means that was all wasted time.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Finally finished Dragon Age 2 last night. Aside from the writing being pulled from the George Lucas school of subtlety, the too frequent bugs, and the fact they only designed two dungeons blocking off different doors when they were supposed to be different places, I did find it enjoyable.

Does anyone have suggestions for other RPGs with turn based or semi-turn based (KOTOR/Mass Effect) battle systems that are easy to lose yourself in, but are still playable and readable from the couch?

I do see Dungeons of Dreadmor (roguelike), Vampire, and Titan Quest (ARPG) on your account untouched. Super brothers is super enjoyable too I thought, albeit short.

Also, prime world defenders is on sale for stupid cheap if you like Tower D. The tower leveling elements of the game make it more RPG like.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Well I took the plunge on Skyrim - for less than £4 how could I not. Do I mod or alter it in anyway or just fire it up and get involved?

The OP of the Skyrim thread has some recommended mods. For your first time through I would recommend UI fixes and unofficial patches only, no gameplay affecting things so you can get the vanilla experience.

In my opinion those mods are for after you beat the game, to spice things up a bit on your next playthrough(s).

• Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

The OP of the Skyrim thread has some recommended mods. For your first time through I would recommend UI fixes and unofficial patches only, no gameplay affecting things so you can get the vanilla experience.

In my opinion those mods are for after you beat the game, to spice things up a bit on your next playthrough(s).

Yeah I saw the thread and what seemed like a very long list of mods :) Will see what the game looks like in the raw so to speak and then maybe have a look at texture mods and the like. Thanks

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Marikir wrote: »
    Okay, so the DLC for Sleeping Dogs...does anyone know which ones are the ones that have more story content instead of just packs of unlocks? I'll go through them one at a time, but thought I'd ask if there were any of them

Year of the Snake is the one that continues a bit of the story after the main game.
    Nightmare in North point is a fun little side story that came out during last year's Halloween.
    Zodiac Tournament is a cool fighting tournament with an old-school asian fighting movie theme.
    Wheels of Fury adds a few more missions to get a badass car you can use to have some fun around the city and race.

I think there are a few more that add a couple of missions each but I'm not sure if they are worth it because I only have those four.

Ah good, thanks Sumanai. That gives me an idea of what to add to my tracking list. Got a couple days to decide at least.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    This is very important:

DO NOT buy Hammerwatch.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    This is very important:

DO NOT buy Hammerwatch.

Any particular reason?

This discussion has been closed.