Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    an_alt wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I installed Skyrim for the first time a month or so ago. I played it for a few days unmodded, and then went back, read the Skyrim thread, and got the unofficial patch (for bug fixes), Better Quest Markes (because finding stuff was sometimes annoying), and SkyUI - which was a bit complicated to install, but de-consolified the UI and made it more PC friendly.

I cannot express the extra value these added to the experience. SkyUI in particular made actually *doing* things in the interface roughly a bajillion percent easier, and two bajillion percent less frustrating. I tried, i really tried, to stick to Vanilla, but frankly I heartily recommend the bug fixes and the un-awful interface that mods can bring you.

Why on earth would you want to play a Bethesda game unmodded? I haven't tried Skyrim yet, but when I do it will only be played unmodded once - just to make sure it installed correctly.
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Also there are mods to make the guys super, super hot.

The women will be slutty and the men even sluttier! (This describes the first two mods I will install)

No, the first mod you install is the unofficial patch. Period.

After that, yes.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Podunk wrote: »
    All caught up on my Sleeping Dogs DLC. Taking a good, long look at Prime World: Defenders. The demo is impressing me, just waiting to see how tower upgrading factors in.

You can "evolve" tower cards by merging two identical cards. This gives access to higher upgrade tiers during a level, similar to other tower defense games. You can also "fuse" trash cards into a tower card which just makes them stronger across the board.

I've found Prime World: Defenders to be super fun so far, but the downside to mixing in the RPG elements is that sometimes you'll get stuck on a level and the solution is to grind for cash, cards and experience levels. Still, for under $4 it's a solid buy. Even better if it goes to 75/80% off during a flash/daily deal.
    Grinding for upgrades was half the fun in Defenders quest. Maybe I'll have to look into that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Really tempted to bite on Prison Architect but I don't know much about it other than it is a tycoon style game

Is it worth the 10 pounds sterling

ITS NOT A FLASH SALE

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Khez wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Uh so I'm not sure any one else noticed but when you scroll down to the bottom of steam main page it says "spring sale" but it is upside down? I'm so confused.

Australia.

I knew they were on the opposite side of the earth but I didn't think they played/used steam upside down. o:)

You'd need to ask @antecantelope (who's birthday was just recently) or @viking

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Uh so I'm not sure any one else noticed but when you scroll down to the bottom of steam main page it says "spring sale" but it is upside down? I'm so confused.

Australia.

I knew they were on the opposite side of the earth but I didn't think they played/used steam upside down. o:)

I think you've got things mixed up, you guys are the ones that play/use Steam upside down. Why would Autumn be at the bottom of my page and upside down otherwise?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options

Australia.

I think you've got things mixed up, you guys are the ones that play/use Steam upside down. Why would Autumn be at the bottom of my page and upside down otherwise?

BECAUSE 'MERICUH FUCK YEAH.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Steam is supposed to be adding family controls soon.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724060

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Really tempted to bite on Prison Architect but I don't know much about it other than it is a tycoon style game

ITS NOT A FLASH SALE

Aren't flash and dailies the same discounted price? That's the way it seemed worded to me in the leaked document. A duration price, and then a discounted price.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Damn you Newell! Just impulse bought Natural Selection 2. I still have to play ACM, Skyrim, and Sniper Elite.

And I bought my Son that Slender game.

Stupid sale.

Still waiting on a real sales price on Deadpool too.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    So no meta game for this sale? Good, I don't need to be goaded into spending more right now.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

ITS NOT A FLASH SALE

Aren't flash and dailies the same discounted price? That's the way it seemed worded to me in the leaked document. A duration price, and then a discounted price.

They are, but everyone is paranoid about it because like one time it went deeper as a flash. If it's a daily, that's as low as it's going barring some mess up.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    So no meta game for this sale? Good, I don't need to be goaded into spending more right now.

I'm kinda disappointed by that actually. Getting a badge for checking Steam every eight hours was fun in a perverse sort of way.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I think at this stage, there is far less unpredictability about Steam sales than there used to be. We won't be seeing a flash sale on a product lower than its daily price or vice versa.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    I think at this stage, there is far less unpredictability about Steam sales than there used to be. We won't be seeing a flash sale on a product lower than its daily price or vice versa.

as recent as the last sale had the flash deals be the biggest discounts, even if they already had flat discounts previous.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    C'mon Steam! Reciprocate my love and take my damn money!

Please!! Don't leave me hanging! What do I need to do!?
    STEAM!!! I'll make you feel good~ <3!

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options

as recent as the last sale had the flash deals be the biggest discounts, even if they already had flat discounts previous.

Really? I don't remember that happening. But if it did, I stand corrected. And this flowchart would probably need to be redone:

7xy5i.png

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    If a game doesn't have a sale-long (duration) discount, is that a good indicator that it won't be a daily or flash sale? DuckTales: Remastered is still at full price ($14.99). It's supposed to be on for -50% on Amazon.com starting the 29th though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular

ITS NOT A FLASH SALE

But it is a daily

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    @HeirTransparent just sent a triple threat of 3 hidden object games to my inbox. Much thanks, my husband and I will find many objects!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Yes, YES I held on strong, and got CK2 for half off, instead of full.

To be honest, I was going to be getting at full price soon.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Remember guys, this is the appetizer. The 800 pound gorilla which is the Winter Gale is being slowly prepared for us by our Master. The meta game will come, the badges will come, it will all be fulfilled in a few weeks.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

Flashes have never been cheaper than dailies to my memory.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    It's happened once or twice, but it's not something you should count on at all. If it's a daily or flash, assume that's as low as it's going.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    You tease and tempt the gods of dale.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Thanks @Berylline for Chaos Engine! I love these kinds of games! :D

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Jesus 200+ posts in a few hours. Steam Sale always causes crazy attention to the thread.

Speaking of which, thanks to @shdwcaster for Outlast! I was thinking about picking it up, but he removed temptation for me by serving the Newell.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I ended up buying the Sleeping Dogs DLC Year of the Snake and beating it just now. I don't think I've ever bought something during a Steam sale and completed it in the same day before.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »

I'm kinda disappointed by that actually. Getting a badge for checking Steam every eight hours was fun in a perverse sort of way.

If they're making one it would be for the Christmas sale. Two in one month would be a bit much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    The opening salvo has been fired. I've been classbombed with a copy of Sid Meier's Ace Patrol by @Berylline! Thank you!

tKH0IZe.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I need to upgrade my computer parts so I can play more steam games. But if I buy steam games to play, I can't buy my computer parts. It's like chocolate and peanut butter, but you CAN ONLY HAVE ONE. Not fair, Newell, not fair.

On the other hand, it makes for a good time to clean up my wishlist, especially if what they say about the fall/winter sales are true. (though I can't put Skyrim Legendary Edition or the Sonic Collection in there, weird)

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    I ended up buying the Sleeping Dogs DLC Year of the Snake and beating it just now. I don't think I've ever bought something during a Steam sale and completed it in the same day before.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Kind of felt good, actually.

As far as The Year of the Snake goes, it was just OK. It felt a bit rushed. It doesn't feel like you really get rewarded for doing the side missions. Nightmare in North Point was much better.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Much thanks again @Jragghen for Duke Nukem and for the hilarious link. :D

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jesus 200+ posts in a few hours.

jesus1.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    I need to upgrade my computer parts so I can play more steam games. But if I buy steam games to play, I can't buy my computer parts. It's like chocolate and peanut butter, but you CAN ONLY HAVE ONE. Not fair, Newell, not fair.

On the other hand, it makes for a good time to clean up my wishlist, especially if what they say about the fall/winter sales are true. (though I can't put Skyrim Legendary Edition or the Sonic Collection in there, weird)

I always had a hard time with this exact thing and currently want to do a new PC build, so I told my wife about it and she, being awesome, regulated some money aside for the past few months that I wouldn't be able to touch for any reason. That money, along with my upcoming birthday money will build my new PC.

Meanwhile, I can still serve the Newell in a slightly diminished capacity, but it will be so worth it when I get to order the new pieces/parts in a month or so.

My point is, maybe try to budget both ways, perhaps 80/20 PC to games to make it quick(er)?

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    Anyone have any idea if the Pinball FX2 tables will go lower? Do the normal rules apply to those (Flash/Daily)? Or should I just gobble them all up right now (most are half off, others have no discount, very odd) like the pinball junkie that I have become?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And out of nowhere I got giftbombed by @Berylline! Thank you for Retro/Grade!

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I was excited about having the opportunity (and a little bit of funds at the moment) to do a bit of random giftbombing. But I maybe broke something, because now Steam won't let me add a game to my cart. :(

Edit: And now it's working again. I guess Steam just needed a quick breather.

Berylline on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Ugh, steamgifts.

I'd have been better off collecting entries myself and putting the names into an RNG. Maybe i'll do that next time.

I hope it comes back up today, I don't want someone missing out on Skyrim because they're waiting for my giveaway to finish. The site was up for a second just now, but the winners hadn't even been selected yet even though it ended three hours ago.

Poor planning on my part I guess. Sorry guys.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    @Berylline cursed me...with class! Thanks for the Din's Curse Demon War DLC!!!
    I know what I'm hopping into tonight!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Anyone have any idea if the Pinball FX2 tables will go lower? Do the normal rules apply to those (Flash/Daily)? Or should I just gobble them all up right now (most are half off, others have no discount, very odd) like the pinball junkie that I have become?

Most of the tables are one the humble weekly bundle now, $1 for 5 tables, $6 for the lot for the lot

LostNinja on
This discussion has been closed.