As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] A Classy Christmas is over! Preliminary Total: $11,903.24

1798081828385»

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Current Dark Souls stream race results:
    Starting items:
    Corrigan - Master Key
    Dyvim - Black Firebombs
    Dashui - Master Key

Asylum Demon: 1)Dashui 2)Corrigan 3)Dyvim
    Taurus Demon: 1)Corrigan 2)Dashui 3)Dyvim
    Gargoyles: 1) Corrigan 2)Dashui 3)Dyvim
    Titanite Demon: 1)Dashui
    Moonlight Butterfly: 1)Corrigan 2)Dashui
    Capra Demon: 1)Dyvim 2)Corrigan 3)Dashui
    Giant Rat: 1)Corrigan 2)Dyvim
    Gaping Dragon:

Curse: 1st cursed- Corrigan (1 curse)
    2nd cursed- Dyvim (1 curse)
    3rd cursed- Dashui (1 curse)

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Amazon also has their holiday sales starting today. The list is here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    What are everyone's dream sale games? I'm hoping for the Prince of Persia franchise, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe Pac-Man CEDX.

bobwoco on
    Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the list. Man, those Assassin's Creed games really need to drop in price. I've only ever played Black Flag and I love it, want the others. I hope the steam sale brings those down.

As to the question I asked earlier, I found a boys and girls center called Hope, a place for at risk and in transition kids to donate my ps3 and WiiU to since hospitals won't take them. Yay!

Crayon on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    bobwoco wrote: »
    So what are everyone's dream sale games? I'm hoping for the Prince of Persia franchise, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe Pac-Man CEDX.

I don't have a ton of time to play blockbuster story driven epic games right now - so probably Typing of the Dead, Stanley Parable or Kerbals - and Starbound to grab for the kid.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I think I'm actually looking mostly for pinball tables. I'm sure other things will look too good to pass up, but that's what jumps out at me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Anything and everything. I just built a new PC a few weeks ago. This PC thing is killing my backlog, which is already gigantic.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So what are everyone's dream sale games? I'm hoping for the Prince of Persia franchise, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe Pac-Man CEDX.

I don't have a ton of time to play blockbuster story driven epic games right now - so probably Typing of the Dead, Stanley Parable or Kerbals - and Starbound to grab for the kid.

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for Stanley Parable too, and maybe Mercenary Kings? Or Monaco? Bunny Must Die?

so many games

bobwoco on
    Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    What are everyone's dream sale games? I'm hoping for the Prince of Persia franchise, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe Pac-Man CEDX.

Barbie Dreamhouse Party - so I can get it for my LP.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Adellios wrote: »
    Current Dark Souls stream race results:
    Starting items:
    Corrigan - Master Key
    Dyvim - Black Firebombs
    Dashui - Master Key

Asylum Demon: 1)Dashui 2)Corrigan 3)Dyvim
    Taurus Demon: 1)Corrigan 2)Dashui 3)Dyvim
    Gargoyles: 1) Corrigan 2)Dashui 3)Dyvim
    Titanite Demon: 1)Dashui
    Moonlight Butterfly: 1)Corrigan 2)Dashui
    Capra Demon: 1)Dyvim 2)Corrigan 3)Dashui
    Giant Rat: 1)Corrigan 2)Dyvim
    Gaping Dragon:

Curse: 1st cursed- Corrigan (1 curse)
    2nd cursed- Dyvim (1 curse)
    3rd cursed- Dashui (1 curse)

Wait, there is a Dark Souls race?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    So I never saw an answer (sorry if I missed it). How is Max Payne 3? I couldn't get into the first 2 because I'm a controller FPS guy. Will 3 catch me up on story and be fun with a 360 pad?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Great Child's Play drive, Everyone! You all are amazing. :)

Winter Sale: Stick to the flowchart, make sure your wishlist is up to date (also, have a wishlist), link your Steam profile, put your PA name in your Steam profile if different, go light on the thread posts around sale turnover time, keep in mind that giveaways and in-thread contests will not get as much visibility when the thread is moving at sale speed, keep an eye on third party sales like Amazon and GMG, say thanks with an @ callout if you get a gift, stay calm and have fun.

Godspeed.

EDIT: This is the flowchart, although there is a more modern version with more sophisticated flash sale logic somewhere...

7xy5i.png

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    The only thing I'm really hoping for is Remember Me. I haven't seen it on sale in forever, and I WANTS IT

Hey, this seems like a good time for @Summer Dale to make a cameo. We miss you buddy!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Amazon has Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition for $11.24. That's a huge discount for a game that came out in August.

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow, Frozen Hearth chose its release date poorly.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

I already picked up what I wanted during the Thanksgiving Sale (BF4 and FC3) but if Assassin's Creed 3 or Tomb Raider get super cheap I may pick those up. Otherwise I am not looking got anything significant.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I'm terrified of this sale, it's the first one in a long time I don't have much of a budget for, and it feels like there have been so many little indie games like Risk of Rain that I really want to pick up but man. Them cashmoneydollars. :(

EDIT: related to absolutely nothing, my daughter put my son in a skirt, and he fell asleep in his eating chair and it's funnier than it should be watching a pink-skirt wearing boy doing the headbob of sleep. :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    My Steam program just hit a major slowdown..... Anticipation builds.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Massena wrote: »
    My Steam program just hit a major slowdown..... Anticipation builds.

The frothing demand for this steam sale increases!

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    9 minutes, people. Hold onto your butts.

Can't wait for the meta game!

sig.gif

• Options
    staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    What are everyone's dream sale games of I'm hoping for the Prince of Persia franchise, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe Pac-Man CEDX.

I already picked up what I wanted during the Thanksgiving Sale (BF4 and FC3) but if Assassin's Creed 3 or Tomb Raider get super cheap I may pick those up. Otherwise I am not looking got anything significant.

I believe Tomb Raider is $7.99 on Amazon right now, but will go to $4.99 on 12\24. YOU NEED TO USE THIS INFORMATION.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    @Isorn decided to start the sale early, thanks for the Payday 2 Christmas Soundtrack! <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Can't buy more games, I blew all my money on a mini van. (adulthood has is pluses and minus) Good thing I've got my backlog to keep me warm.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    the hype is here!

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Can't buy more games, I blew all my money on a mini van. (adulthood has is pluses and minus) Good thing I've got my backlog to keep me warm.

Bet you can't play cheap steam games in your mini van. Bet you feel dumb now!

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    What are everyone's dream sale games of I'm hoping for the Prince of Persia franchise, Beyond Good and Evil, and maybe Pac-Man CEDX.

I believe Tomb Raider is $7.99 on Amazon right now, but will go to $4.99 on 12\24. YOU NEED TO USE THIS INFORMATION.

That is very helpful. I will keep an eye out on Christmas Eve for that!

sig.gif

• Options
    I'm paying mine off this afternoon. It's not on Steam, but it should be. Scary to know that in a few hours I'm writing a check bigger than the limit on my credit card, but the extra money every month is going to be amazing. And maybe, just maybe, if I play my cards right I can turn some of it into more Steam games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    So I never saw an answer (sorry if I missed it). How is Max Payne 3? I couldn't get into the first 2 because I'm a controller FPS guy. Will 3 catch me up on story and be fun with a 360 pad?

@jclast, I think if it goes on sale you should really get it. 30GB download, so beware. REALLY fun cover shootum with terribly depressing story, lots and lots of fun. It goes into some backstory, but all you really need to know is that Max has led a hard whiskey and painkiller filled life after his wife and kid were killed. I guess spoilers for the first 30 seconds of the original game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    IT HAS BEGUN

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    CHRISTMAS IS HERE!!! The meta game looks epic!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    OH GOD IT'S STARTING QUICK BEFORE THE SALE

Since we almost hit my second milestone I'll do it anyways, especially since I can't post threads for a while. COMIC EDITS FOR EVERYONE

ibdcvjc2MO3gTb.png

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    AND it's payday!! Bring on the wallet hurt.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Snow Globe imagaes are fucking awesome

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options

Still like 2 weeks from release.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Crafting snowglobes gets you items in certain F2P games. Foil gets you five. Specifically:

DOTA2
    Path of Exile
    Ragnarok II
    Realm of the Mad God
    Spiral Knights
    Star Conflict
    Stronghold Kingdoms
    TF2
    War Thunder
    Warframe

Snowglobe games revealed (so each of these will likely get a dedicated sale day)...

cYMQ4y5.jpg

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

@jclast, I think if it goes on sale you should really get it. 30GB download, so beware. REALLY fun cover shootum with terribly depressing story, lots and lots of fun. It goes into some backstory, but all you really need to know is that Max has led a hard whiskey and painkiller filled life after his wife and kid were killed. I guess spoilers for the first 30 seconds of the original game.

Holy crap that's a lot of GB. If I buy it I'll have to wait until I finish some other games to download it. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Why does Brink only ever go on a 50% sale? My steam isn't working right yet, not seeing the % off and the sale price.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    So the winter cards disappear after the sale. No hording or buying after the fact for dirt cheap like the summer sale.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2013
    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.