Options

[League of Legends] The season of Swain has arrived!

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I just tried support Riven against Lucian and Fiddlesticks.

It was literally the most painful lane I have ever played.

You've also been doing support Riven? :D

The whole trick is knowing when to flash to start the all in. Hopefully, you get ahead, otherwise :(

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    My support Annie has just been destroying. I keep having the second most kills in the game. The problem is that I start forgetting that I've got wards to be placed cause I just want to run up and dropabear.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I've been having good luck with the full-man mode 0/30/0 mastery page armor runes Taric, got two wins in a row last night before taking a break. Funny how AD's keep trying to kill him while Taric gives absolutely no fucks.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    In other news sweeper trinket needs a buff because it's bad. RS carries 5 wards, they place, you sweep, they place and still have 3 left for the max 3 at once. It is so bad. It's only use is sweeping dragon or baron but doing so alerts them to the fact and they will come over and place another ward and oh, you're on a 90s cd too bad. It is completely eclipsed by a pink ward in this (it's most important) role.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I am not having luck with good teams in normal draft lately. I thought people stopped doing AP Trist?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Draven beats him. Play more Draven.

Draven also beats Sivir and Jinx, which means that Draven beats the top 3 carries without being a top carry himself. Not sure how that works.

I think cause few people can even begin to play Draven. When I support for Draven, often the he will *run out of mana* because he drops his axes so often. When I play as Draven, I can always keep one axe up (and thus don't run out of mana, come on people), but if I try to keep two up, I drop them also. I think I also fail at activating W as often as I should--probably a common flaw.

Basically, Draven would be a top adc if people were remotely competent as Draven.

(Also, supporting for Draven, I spend the first few minutes trying to catch his axes before it sinks in that I'm Leona or whoever).

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Rami wrote: »
    In other news sweeper trinket needs a buff because it's bad. RS carries 5 wards, they place, you sweep, they place and still have 3 left for the max 3 at once. It is so bad. It's only use is sweeping dragon or baron but doing so alerts them to the fact and they will come over and place another ward and oh, you're on a 90s cd too bad. It is completely eclipsed by a pink ward in this (it's most important) role.

Yeah, it's completely a swing in the opposite direction from the utility of oracles elixir or old pinks. Getting a free pink is vastly better almost all the time. The only time I've gotten really good work done with the scanner is with the upgraded truesight version when there was a shaco and twitch on the same team.

You'd think it would be good in lane, but between the free trinket and sightstone, it seems to have very little impact.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Best use of new sweeper trinket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8xfwb9Ci4

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Draven also beats Sivir and Jinx, which means that Draven beats the top 3 carries without being a top carry himself. Not sure how that works.

I think cause few people can even begin to play Draven. When I support for Draven, often the he will *run out of mana* because he drops his axes so often. When I play as Draven, I can always keep one axe up (and thus don't run out of mana, come on people), but if I try to keep two up, I drop them also. I think I also fail at activating W as often as I should--probably a common flaw.

Basically, Draven would be a top adc if people were remotely competent as Draven.

(Also, supporting for Draven, I spend the first few minutes trying to catch his axes before it sinks in that I'm Leona or whoever).

W is only for killing, chasing, and maybe running away. Once you go all-in, you start mashing W so it's up every time it can be. Just don't drop your axes, cause then you have no dps and lose.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I am not having luck with good teams in normal draft lately. I thought people stopped doing AP Trist?
    AP Tristana is the dream that will never die of making someone fall down and go boom every 60 seconds.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    AP Tristana is the dream that will never die of making someone fall down and go boom every 60 seconds.

her ratios are crazy, of course, once she's dropped her combo, she's useless...

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »

She ended up wrecking the mid Kassadin. I was surprised she crushed him so completely. Also had a support Panth with me as Lucian against Vayne/Leona. That Panth went man mode and wrecked some ass. I felt like I should be buying wards so he could continue the slaughter.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Quit trying to push your swarthy rouge on us!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    The problem with AP Trist is that it's not ADC Trist.

powpowpowpowpowpowpowpowpow

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    I just tried support Riven against Lucian and Fiddlesticks.

It was literally the most painful lane I have ever played.

You've also been doing support Riven? :D

The whole trick is knowing when to flash to start the all in. Hopefully, you get ahead, otherwise :(

Yeah, I'm trying loads of stuff in the support role at the moment to see what sticks. Riven was not one of my success stories :(

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Support Elise is definitely back. And turns into counter jungle Elise when you see the jungle in other lanes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular

She ended up wrecking the mid Kassadin. I was surprised she crushed him so completely. Also had a support Panth with me as Lucian against Vayne/Leona. That Panth went man mode and wrecked some ass. I felt like I should be buying wards so he could continue the slaughter.

I can see this making sense. AP Trist's E harass is absurd and there isn't a lot that Kassadin can really do to avoid it, and her E passive will keep him shoved into turret constantly where he'll have a tough time farming if he isn't accustomed to the champion.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options

Draven does it all, with Style.

He is easily my favourite champion in League. He is an all-aggression-all-the-time champ that stomps on the most popular champions in bot lane. There is an art to playing him, and once you understand him, you feel like you've solved something about this game. He's very satisfying to play.

• Options
    Tried support Karma in normals (with Ezreal vs. Ashe/Heimer)...I think I was 3/0 before our lane hit 6. Still running with 0/9/21 masteries, but I build AP after sightstone. That lane was very much a fight between me and Heimerdinger, with our adcs occasionally last hitting or something.
    Need to try it a few more times against more conventional lanes to see if it's still successful, but I suspect it will be.

• Options
    Support Ahri actually seems alright. Her Charm's pretty handy for the role.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

You know who really wrecks Kassadin? Top Kassadin first pick, followed by top Riven. that was a lolwat? moment if I ever saw one.

• Options
    So something went wrong with Twitch, I think it reset all the streams. There are now 4500 people watching SaltyTeemo. The chat is impossible to follow in any way, and I hope no one abuses the players.

• Options
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So Lissandra is pretty fun, but she feels too much like swain, where you'd have to be in the middle of the enemy team to be the most effective, which is not where you want to be this season. I could she her working well in the right team comp, but not for YOLO-que.

Also like Swain, when she gets ahead she is just one of the most brutal mids.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    7th best league stream.. oh. my. god.

and the best game ever - 92 min 131-101

• Options
    Best ranked champ select in a while Sivir (me), Ziggs, Nasus, Renekton, Thresh--so solid!

And then the enemy team dodges.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    People better not start fucking picking on the gods of SaltyTeemo. Riot will absolutely shut that shit down if it leads to horrendous abuse. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE IT, SALTYTEEMO IS MY LIFE

• Options
    edited December 2013
    For real. OMG you shitheels of humanity, don't you fucking ruin this for me. I'm watching a 4/1 hurricane Twisted Fate absolutely destroy people. He is a god.

*edit* He is now 7/1 and has an IE. This man is a legend.

Roz on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    that fiora was a beast! the tf was funny though talking shit

• Options
    He ended the game 16/2/12 with IE/BT/Runaans/PD/Mobi Boots. SaltyTeemo is the greatest invention of our time.

• Options
    He ended the game 16/2/12 with IE/BT/Runaans/PD/Mobi Boots. SaltyTeemo is the greatest invention of our time.

So...when I look at TF's kit, I have to say I don't actually know why he can't adc. He even has AD scaling on the W cards...

• Options

So...when I look at TF's kit, I have to say I don't actually know why he can't adc. He even has AD scaling on the W cards...

he kinda was meant to be an adc.

• Options
    He fell out of use as an AD carry primarily because of his low range and lack of physical damage abilities. Only one ability that scales off AD and a lack of non-ult mobility isn't great either.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular

The main reason he's not an ADC is because that wastes the power of his ult compared to AP TF. If ADC TF desstinies into your lane then card card card card card card card card card card oh shit you went under a tower.

If AP TF shows up then where'd all your health go.

But he's still a pretty strong ADC, just he's better as AP.

• Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    This is from a bit earlier, but I love top lane. I doubt this is how the pros think of it, but what I love about top lane is your goal isn't to "win lane" just by pushing tower or beating your opponent, it's to becomes such a pain in the ass that it takes 2 (or more!) of the opposing team to stop you. You do this by some combination of split-push pressure, dueling power (or unkillability), and global presence. I prefer champs like Nasus or Singed that just stay there all day until 2 or 3 champs come kick them out, then you teleport away to make a 5 v 3 somewhere else. There are also top lane champs that are great in team fights or are better assassins, but I don't tend to play those. Top lane is an island until you win by making the other team send you some company. I just don't like it when my teammates come up to help me b/c I'm outnumbered. No! I'll keep 'em busy, you go push objectives.

Mid lane, on the other hand, confuses the hell out of me. I feel too fragile to be left alone, I can be easily ganked from almost any direction, and the burst rotations leave me feeling like I'm not contributing enough to a team fight (cuz I miss my abilities too much, probably!)

On sweeper trinket, it would be cool if you got half the cool down back if a ward was killed while it was active.

And finally (jokingly), we may need to set up a separate thread for SaltyTeemo recaps because everything that happens is so damn awesome. I saw a Top Lane Aatrox yesterday not buy a trinket at all, but it's okay because he bought a Wriggle's lantern and used it to drop wards! At least unit he sold it for a kindle gem.

Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    What are people's jungle olaf build? SOTAG into Sunfire/Spirit Visage then into?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular

He is easily my favourite champion in League. He is an all-aggression-all-the-time champ that stomps on the most popular champions in bot lane. There is an art to playing him, and once you understand him, you feel like you've solved something about this game. He's very satisfying to play.

Catching his axes becomes the most mind calming thing for me when you know just where to stand to catch one and can juggle two at once while constantly leading them in a direction. I could probably play that as a minigame for a couple of hours every day.

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »

Catching his axes becomes the most mind calming thing for me when you know just where to stand to catch one and can juggle two at once while constantly leading them in a direction. I could probably play that as a minigame for a couple of hours every day.

I could play Draven for days.

OkLhK3a.png

I think I'm going to let Draven carry me to Diamond this season.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Sooo, in an ARAM, got Karma and we were lacking tankiness, so I figure "what the heck" and go for a tanky build. Went with RoA, Frozen Heart, Ninja Tabi, Spirit Visage, was halfway to an Iceborn Gauntlet; probably would have finished with an Abyssal Scepter (and yes, I realize now I would have exceeded the CDR cap). Felt solid. The very fed Fizz could chunk me pretty hard but the 4 adcs we were up against were more or less ignorable.

Am I crazy for thinking this could work as support (or elsewhere on SR, maybe top)? As support I'd probably go something like: Medallion -> Sightsone -> Ninja Tabi -> IBG -> SV -> Randuin's -> sell Medallion, buy Guardian Angel or something along those lines. Very hard to kill, passing out slows like Halloween candy, while keeping your allies safe and speedy. As top or mid I guess you would rush RoA instead of Medallion/Sighstone, then maybe append something to the end (Twin Shadows for maximum slows?). Does this sound workable?

• Options
    I think I'm starting to get the hang of Lucian. Once I got the BT and LW I started to melt the support Karma and Cait.

This discussion has been closed.