Options

Starbound Beta: A New Stable Release May or May Not be Available.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Beta quadrant
    friend robot won't wake up!

CuxcRAw.png

I have taken him to three planets, one of which was even in the beta quadrant where I was supposed to go!

friend robot let me play with you!

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    mr robot might not like the stuff above him

when I fought him I built two walls, with one a bit shorter so I could wake him up and then finish the wall and build a ceiling to keep him contained

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh

I just assumed it would break though those, I just wanted time to get the hell away from it when it came to

after work then, friend!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I built a small cobble brick and magmarock fort to the right of the HQ beam in that will hold for all current bosses

• Options
    Actually I'll log in and go see if it needs repaired

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    My bosses couldn't seem to break through dirt, so I feel like I got pretty lucky.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I don't think the robot can break through anything

This time around, the ufo obliterated some blaststone I had attempted to use as a bunker (the first time I used obsidian). Luckily, I had built it in the side of a mountain and the ufo is more about hitting stuff below it, so I was pretty unexposed

I don't know anything about bosses after the first two

• Options
    The dragon will wreck things

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can you put the wedding on hold?
    I'm sure my soon to be wife would understand. I highly doubt the airlines or hotel would do anything other than keep my money tho, so wedding goes on as planned. :p

Also I'm trying to scramble something together.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I've learned that the most dangerous weapon in this game isn't a sword, a hammer or even a gun.

It's dirt blocks.

When I see crowds of enemies I don't equip my weapon. I move like a spider and entrap them in a web of dirt blocks. Encased; they are defenseless. I make a small opening, and suck them dry of their juices blast them with my shitty gun until they die.

Really though I think all monsters should have attacks that can destroy blocks. Not to a crazy degree, like if they were constantly destroying your base that would be a pain in the ass. But I think they should be able to break loose from being trapped.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Having a hard time wrapping my head around the 2Dness

I loved minecraft but could never get into Terraria.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Reminder that you can build/destroy background blocks

• Options
    Ok. Have something that should be better. Calling for a server evac so I can migrate the files.

• Options
    The newest gun I got looks like the Avenger rifle from Mass Effect.

• Options
    Migrated and up someone please try to connect. I have to run out for more wedding stuff.

• Options
    I went to HQ and it was a lot smoother.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Finally got into the beta region, this game is so good. After beating the UFO I managed to find a cave system on an arid planet that had tons of pixel containers and went down forever. I went in with 800 pixels and came out with 1600 and even got some diamond and platinum ore. Now my big issue is needing to upgrade my weapon and my armor, havent been able to find any and have had to craft it all.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    If you don't mind the hit box, using 2 1-handed swords can be more damage than 1 2-handed sword.

Just hold both mouse buttons at once to swing them together.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    how the fuck do I interact with trees in a way that can cut them down? literally swung at the fucking forest on this planet with every item in my inventory and nothing of note happened.

guess I expected Minecraft-style punch it til it works tactics?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    how the fuck do I interact with trees in a way that can cut them down? literally swung at the fucking forest on this planet with every item in my inventory and nothing of note happened.

matter manipulator or axe

you should hear the chopping sound, just keep using it on the same spot

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I really hope they add a better damage animation to indicate I'm actually doing something

• Options
    Out Of ContextOut Of Context Registered User regular
    Ugh, I really hope they add a better damage animation to indicate I'm actually doing something

The tree starts shaking a bit, more as it gets closer to falling.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    it doesn't even have to be a regular axe...you can use a pickaxe on them too which is what I use because I'm a lazy bum

End on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I accidentally shot one of the guards at the base and now they're permanently aggroed.

Fun times.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Your Matter Manipulator is your punching-equivalent, in that it will harvest most thing, but there is always a better tool out there. It works over distances too.
    Seriously wrote: »
    Beta quadrant
    Does taking brains have any utility besides crafting what I am guessing is the 2nd boss?

I just

I want to have a reason to collect brains the entire game

I'm going to do that anyway and I don't want it to be weird

T.K. Baha says hi (actually he should totally be an NPC ... just with a slightly tweaked name)

Also, how do I join the SE++ server? Or any server? I'm clearly missing something on the menu screen ...

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

Your Matter Manipulator is your punching-equivalent. Except it works over distances too.

Speaking of which, if there's a way to upgrade the matter manipulator...

• Options
    Also, how do I join the SE++ server? Or any server? I'm clearly missing something on the menu screen ...
    Multiplayer. Server name = squirrel.no-ip.org Server account = leave blank Password = you should have some idea what it is

• Options
    I do indeed have some idea

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    You should probably add to the op that this game is available on PC, Mac and Linux.

Also I'm considering getting this. Not sure if I should get it now since it is still in beta and I'm afraid I might run out of interest by the time the game becomes more stable.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I feel like there will be patches that add such wonderful or large features that it would be luring to come back even if you lost interest between big content patches

• Options
    I never checked; is there any developmental overlap with Terraria? Same kind of people or whathaveyou?

Terraria puts out (I believe they still do) an ungodly amount of free updates, and I hope this game follows suit. I have no problem even paying for large patches of DLC too.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I never checked; is there any developmental overlap with Terraria? Same kind of people or whathaveyou?

Terraria puts out (I believe they still do) an ungodly amount of free updates, and I hope this game follows suit. I have no problem even paying for large patches of DLC too.

I think it's the same artist? Or was it programmer? One of those

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    artist I think, although I think starbound also has several artists

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I guess my brother bought a 4-pack and gave me a copy!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oh, So I guess they fixed the snow infantry set being better then all the beginner armors.

Wish I had seen that before I crafted 2/3rds of it. Oh well.

• Options
    There's really no point to go to snow worlds unless you love spamming camp fires.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think continuing to use the Matter Manipulator for too long is the #1 rookie mistake, they really need to improve the tutorial.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    There's really no point to go to snow worlds unless you love spamming camp fires.

Snow armor really helps with the cold. I spent quite some time on a snow planet early on and had no issue. Later it might be a thing if you need the armor, but higher tier armors also provide thermal protection.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I think continuing to use the Matter Manipulator for too long is the #1 rookie mistake, they really need to improve the tutorial.

Well clearly the stone pickaxe is far superior to a futuristic matter manipulator. If they keep using a matter manipulator they only have themselves to blame.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Confession: I never played Terraria. Now I might try it over winter break, but I already love Starbound for giving me that brand-new Minecraft feel, with certain difficulties erased. Not having to craft arrows, monsters being a lot more manageable in a 2D environment, ores are more plentiful, etc. The other thing that I find completely enamouring is the soundtrack; does Terarria sound this good?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam