Options

XXXMAS - Gifty Give / Looty Get!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    We're getting my Brother-in-Law this this year.

300px-Star_Wars_Frames_2013.png

I'm not certain anything else is going to top that this year.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    also also

@poorochondriac

PREPARE YOURSELF

88rTTYb.png

(shoot me an email address and I'll send you the tracking)

Dooooooope

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I included some beans but they are not super fresh but should still be pretty tasty!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I am fucking blind because I looked for the christmas thread and didn't see it. anyway! my mother's big thing was a trip to yosemite this year, any ideas of something related to that?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I did some Xmas shopping today and ordered some stuff. So when that arrives I will have everything for my dad and family secret Santa, everything for my bro and some of his gf's stuff. Oh and a toy for their cats. Just got to sort my mum out now. Damn her being so hard to buy for.

Also spent more on myself than on other people while shopping because I picked myself up a reflective cycling jacket and new wiper blades so woops. At least I resisted buying the book of patterns for knitting dinosaur toys that I saw.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cards Against Humanity let me explain to you that when you say you will send me 12 things for $12 dollars and I pay that money I expect to actually get those things
    Like, do you know what a business is

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Cards Against Humanity let me explain to you that when you say you will send me 12 things for $12 dollars and I pay that money I expect to actually get those things

Sounds like they got twelve of your dollars, so...I would say they know exactly what a business is! :rotate:

Fyndir on
  • Options
    I got my things. Clusterfuck is awesome.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i got a $25 amazon gift card from one of my friends what do i spend it on

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Me

• Options
    but then what do i do with the remaining $24.75?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    It's a non-stick baking mat. You put them on a baking sheet and can cook whatever you want, up to 480 degrees F. You can also use it to roll dough and stuff.

ohhhh

I thought you had gotten them cookies or something

That's a good idea actually. I have enough gift money left over to get everyone cookies!

Maybe I'll surprise everybody on Christmas day by pulling out shit tons of cookies.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My current christmas shopping stash:
    IMG_20131216_215330_zpsc96a4986.jpg

There's some more secret satan stuff which hasn't arrived here yet, as well as friend gifts, and some more dad-targetted stuff.

I am of the persuasion that if it isn't shiny, the gift wrapping isn't being the best wrapping it can be.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

On a more serious note, my gifts have been showing up in spurts. One or two days will go by with nothing, and then I'll get several of the envelopes at once. Could be some screwy USPS stuff that's delaying them.

• Options
    spurts

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Christmas Spurts

just 4 u

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Alright Satan, circumstances mean that I am actually going home for a stretch this holiday

I will be gone from December 24th to 30th

If your package gets here during that time, my neighbors will grab it and set it aside for me, and that's totally fine

I just won't be posting about it, for reasons of being a thousand miles away

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Alright Satan, circumstances mean that I am actually going home for a stretch this holiday

I will be gone from December 24th to 30th

If your package gets here during that time, my neighbors will grab it and set it aside for me, and that's totally fine

I just won't be posting about it, for reasons of being a thousand miles away

Make your neighbors open it, take pictures, and provide commentary.

"Big Book of... Butts? Well this is just uncouth."

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Y'know, if my downstairs neighbor were actually around, I would

She's got someone staying there, 'cause she's in Germany, but she's totally rad, and would probably take pictures of her cats opening it

And if my roommate and I weren't back on the East Coast for nearly exactly the same span, then I'd have her do the same

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    This year my Christmas list consisted of:

Beef Jerky
    Cheese Nips
    Slippers

Oh god I hope someone gets me some beef jerky slippers full of Cheese Nips.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    All of my students are getting origami

I made a bunch of deep sea fish and insects over the summer
    Now it's a bizarre chain of paper nature in my room

I made a kabuto out of a newspaper at lunch one day and wore it around because at work they were getting silly about the hat rule again

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    so, gifty question - we're broke and so we are giving food gifts, our exchange is on Christmas Eve... it's down to either cookies or I could make a Christmas breakfast kit with proofed cinnamon rolls, bacon jam, etc to be made the next morning or the rolls could be frozen for a later time

which would y'all rather have?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'd prefer cinnamon rolls, though I've never tried bacon jam

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    so, gifty question - we're broke and so we are giving food gifts, our exchange is on Christmas Eve... it's down to either cookies or I could make a Christmas breakfast kit with proofed cinnamon rolls, bacon jam, etc to be made the next morning or the rolls could be frozen for a later time

which would y'all rather have?

Cookies, presented nicely, can still come off as a "we're not broke" gift.

AovdG6m.jpg

Also home made cookies are always awesome.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Cookies. everyone likes cookies.

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    cookies can be consumed immediately and are therefore the superior gift

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Would it be strange to get a toy or something for the office dog?

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    No, give all pets presents all the time

Speaking of, I got a Christmas present in the mail today and it has already been stolen from me!
    1501075_10103625056888799_1947894228_o.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I actually like the idea of the breakfast kit as something more unusual.

That said I will eat cookies like nobody's dammnn business.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    By the way you guys would poop your pants over the beauty of this scarf @Sheri made me

I keep trying to take an adequate photo and failing

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    By the way you guys would poop your pants over the beauty of this scarf @Sheri made me

I keep trying to take an adequate photo and failing

This is as close as I could get with the color!

tumblr_mxd8h4hqvC1roc5r3o1_500.jpg

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    @cabsy omg so cute

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    As of right now I am not even planning on getting either of my parents a card.

Awkward seasons is a go.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

Awkward seasons is a go.

Not even just some kind of token gift?

Like I'm sure you have your reasons, but a little diplomacy can sometimes work wonders in just smoothing things over.

• Options

Awkward seasons is a go.

Like I'm sure you have your reasons, but a little diplomacy can sometimes work wonders in just smoothing things over.

Nah, it's not really a diplomacy situation.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options

Awkward seasons is a go.

So you're rolling initiative then?

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh shit Christmas is next week?? I haven't bought any presents yet AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

Awkward seasons is a go.

Now I'm rolling for willpower because my mom sent a preemptive guilt trip email.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

Awkward seasons is a go.

Now I'm rolling for willpower because my mom sent a preemptive guilt trip email.

+4 bronus to that roll. <3

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    All of my presents are bought wrapped and under the tree. With the exception of some plant gifts which are in the garden in spots that can be watered.