As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

joe [chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Everyone should see the wolf of Wall Street then give me their opinion.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    yo

watch this video

feel good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SfcGmEVuBY

"In 1988, about 50% of boys aged 15 to 17 had had sex. In 2010, it was about half that! The rates in girls dropped from 37% to 27%!"

So it's not just me! It could also be the people we hung out with. None of my friends (with the exception of my bffl Emmaline who is smokin') got any until they were in college.

Good video. :D

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ZooBooksBigCats.jpg

<3

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    yo

watch this video

feel good

"In 1988, about 50% of boys aged 15 to 17 had had sex. In 2010, it was about half that! The rates in girls dropped from 37% to 27%!"

So it's not just me! It could also be the people we hung out with. None of my friends (with the exception of my bffl Emmaline who is smokin') got any until they were in college.

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST.

That's weird. Among my group of friends, I was the last to lose my virginity and I was 17. But then again, I didn't get noticed by the more popular people (i.e girls) until word got around I was dealing drugs so...

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    ZooBooksBigCats.jpg

<3

scheck was banned for less

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    yo

watch this video

feel good

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST.

That's weird. Among my group of friends, I was the last to lose my virginity and I was 17. But then again, I didn't get noticed by the more popular people (i.e girls) until word got around I was dealing drugs so...

i was 23

and then i made up for lost time

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    the first book-for-adults I ever read, at maybe 5 or 6 or so, was Robert Redford's The Outlaw Trail, a nonfiction account of him and a team from National Geographic retracing the famous route from Wyoming to Mexico on horseback

he is a very good writer honestly, or at least regarding this particular subject matter, and it has a lot of beautiful photography

tumblr_lfwssnb2Pg1qbfoleo1_500.jpg

my mother got Discover magazine and Omni magazines for many years and I would read those religiously, as well has her Rolling Stones if they seemed interesting. My grandparents had a 1963 World Book Encyclopedia that was pretty good when I wanted to learn about WWI and WWII (very dramatic! I had no idea how either war would end!). And my dad got me tons and tons of books on the Civil War when I got obsessed with that.

I would get on jags. I read all the kids' books on astronomy at one library so started looking at the adult stuff (which of course led to librarians "helpfully" asking me if I was sure that was where i needed to be). One book mentioned black holes in the title, and obviously that sounded badass, so I grabbed it, turned to the index and looked up the stuff on black holes and had my mind blown. Stars could die? There could be so much gravity you couldn't get away? Whooaaa. I began tearing through every other book in the section looking for more - I think I wanted a picture of a black hole, which, duh, but in my defense I was 7

• Options
    edited December 2013
    White tiger poster and elephant special edition.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I purged my virg at 16

an early start followed by a terrible and ongoing dry spell

• Options
    My brother just lost his on his 21st birthday. But, and I mean this in the nicest way, he couldn't have started his bar any lower than this girl.

Well, he could have gotten a cheap hooker, but I would still debate if his bar was any higher.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I purged my virg at 16

an early start followed by a terrible and ongoing dry spell

Ugh. My dry spell is over a year. I can't take it.

I gotta like shave my beard and get back in shape and be 22 again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Teenagers today are terrible.
    Teenagers have always been terrible.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    The best book in my elementary school's library was this large color book about the Titanic. Large cross section pictures and explanations about why and how it sank. I forget what the exact title was, though.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    yo

watch this video

feel good

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST.

i was 23

and then i made up for lost time

I have not done that last part.

• Options
    I want to huff the deep voice gas.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I was 19 going on 20. Then basically long dry spells.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    The best book in my elementary school's library was this large color book about the Titanic. Large cross section pictures and explanations about why and how it sank. I forget what the exact title was, though.

Oh man, I know that exact book, I had it as a kid. It was the best. There was so much detail in every illustration, I'd spend so long with it.

I think my favorite books were the series on the planets. Each book covered a separate planet, showing photos from telescopes and probes, explaining what the surface or non-surface was like, detailing the composition, showing renderings of the surface, etc. A couple of the books had short segments about terraforming that got me so excited because I was a kid and didn't realize how far-fetched it was.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    magic school buses

i had some on tape, the one going to the center of the earth

fantastical

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

Oh man, I know that exact book, I had it as a kid. It was the best. There was so much detail in every illustration, I'd spend so long with it.

I think my favorite books were the series on the planets. Each book covered a separate planet, showing photos from telescopes and probes, explaining what the surface or non-surface was like, detailing the composition, showing renderings of the surface, etc. A couple of the books had short segments about terraforming that got me so excited because I was a kid and didn't realize how far-fetched it was.

I was the hugest astronomy nerd as a kid so this is awesome.

• Options
    First grade, I blew through the Goosebumps series.
    2nd grade, Started the Hardy Boys
    3rd grade, stopped reading Hardy Boys because I found the Hardy Boys Casefiles, which had one of the guy's girlfriend die in a car crash, which burned so hot her remains weren't found. And she was now the Moriarty to the Hardy Boys in some strange fucked up way, which even 3rd grade me had to call bullshit on that.
    4th grade... Not sure to be honest. Different series. I was doing an accelerated student program called Quest by then so most of my time was spend playing Chess and reading books on it. I still suck at it today.
    5th grade: LoTR. All three books and the Hobbit in one year. And Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
    6th grade: The first Harry Potter. Didn't care for it. Started the Artimis Fowl series, which was wonderful.
    7-8th: Comic Books, mainly Marvel. It's the years my geekhood started to shine really.
    9th-12th: Started the Pendragon books. I've still having finish it as I haven't gotten my hands on book 10. Also did the Twilight books during this time, before the movies were made.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The book on Mars got the look of the surface totally wrong though. It was all bright red powder and southwest desert rock formations. The books were probably terrible from a scientific perspective.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

There's something fantastic about normally stuffy people having childlike fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh god the Steve Spangler is from Denver, that is channel 9 news.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    hmm. I inherited a large pile of Reader's Digests issued in Malaya all the way back into the 1960s and read them repeatedly from age.... six onwards. I remember being scolded for reading them at the dinner table.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Everyone was in gifted/accelerated classes growing up right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fluorine is awesome. In addition to sulfur hexaflouride, you can use uranium hexafluoride in centrifuges to purify weapons-grade uranium, or use fluorine to burn things like charcoal or concrete.

Wait not awesome. Terrifying, that was the word I wanted. Fluorine is terrifying.

• Options

I shouldn't drink and read links. I thought this was serious until it started adding in the girl's last names in [these things] and I had to look to see what the hell I was reading.

• Options
    The tall blond lady's name is Amelia Earhart and she does traffic and is super pretty as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Everyone was in gifted/accelerated classes growing up right?

nerrrrds

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Fluorine is awesome. In addition to sulfur hexaflouride, you can use uranium hexafluoride in centrifuges to purify weapons-grade uranium, or use fluorine to burn things like charcoal or concrete.

Wait not awesome. Terrifying, that was the word I wanted. Fluorine is terrifying.

I thought I was crazy for thinking you were crazy and then the post was awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    man, how much more effective would megatron have been if he offed star scream at the first sign of treachery and didn't have to deal with his BS all the time

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I also used to read a book about ants. It was from the 40s or 50s. It talked about how ants had slaves.

Ants are fucked up.

• Options
    I'll do y'all one better: I got expelled from the gifted/accelerated stream for academic underperformance

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    I'll do y'all one better: I got expelled from the gifted/accelerated stream for academic underperformance

Tee-hee me too.

Which probably explains why I've dropped out of college three times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I got kicked from Quest because I got a D in spelling.

Jokes on them now! I GOT FUCKING SPELLCHECK!

• Options

Tee-hee me too.

Which probably explains why I've dropped out of college three times.

Hmm. I've only dropped out once! Clearly I shall need to work harder to match your record.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I was in accelerated math and science. I got into honor's English some how but I sucked balls. So I went back to normal English.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.