As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Some crazy shit is gonna have to happen to top last year I think. The State/Nova game is a good start. Last year had how many overtime games in the first round? Also the Wichita State/Kentucky game was incredible.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    At least now that my bracket is pretty much dead I can just worry about the outcomes I want to happen.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Somebody check on me, win or lose, around 7 CDT, will ya?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well Villanova killed my bracket but at least my Michigan state pick looks smart

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Best of luck, @WuShock I'm rooting for Wichita St. as well.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    fuck yeah shockers

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I have no connection to WSU, but seeing them beat Kansas would make me happier than any almost anything else that could happen in this tourney

It's not quite "Duke losing to a double digit seed" awesome

But it's almost as awesome

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    This WICH/KAN game...

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Dayton is hanging tough with Oklahoma after being down by 9 for a good chunk of the 1st half.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    No timeouts with 4 to go?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    so this kid Wessel on the Shockers

his nickname has to be "Nuclear" right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Kansas is looking good so far!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    this sets up perfectly for the Maryland/Wichita State matchup in the elite 8 that everyone wanted to see

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    this sets up perfectly for the Maryland/Wichita State matchup in the elite 8 that everyone wanted to see

For the right to play UCLA in the Final Four, right?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

For the right to play UCLA in the Final Four, right?

I think we're still looking for a loophole that will allow UCLA to be demoted down to the NIT where they belong

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    @WuShock Wooooo!

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I think you mean Wuuuuuuuu!

• Options
    it is complete bullshit that an 11 seed play-in team gets one home game and then two additional quasi-home games in a row

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    oh thats right I forgot you had OU going far

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    the bracket has fallen perfectly for them! don't lose to dayton!

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    The focus on geographic placements really doesn't make any sense anymore. Every team is going to charter a flight wherever they play. It doesn't matter how far it is anymore.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It matters when it's supposed to be a neutral site and your fanbase can literally walk to the venue. Or if you're close enough to your home court that you don't need a charter flight and a hotel stay.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Like remember back when Stephen Curry took Davidson to the elite 8?

Their first-round game, as a 10 seed, was 160 miles from their home court, while Gonzaga had to fly across the damn country for that game.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Gonzaga having to travel to play against good teams used to be so goddamn annoying. But you would never catch coach Mark Few complaining about it, hell, he made it his mantra. So as fans we just got used to it.

Oh well, this game is weird.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    It matters when it's supposed to be a neutral site and your fanbase can literally walk to the venue. Or if you're close enough to your home court that you don't need a charter flight and a hotel stay.

Yeah I know, I think we're on the same page here.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Gotta make those layups

• Options
    I'm alive!!

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    GO ZAGS!!!! WOOOOOOOO!

• Options
    If Dez is going to miss those all night the Terps are in trouble

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gonzaga wins! On to 16

• Options
    what West Virginia plays is only basketball by the loosest definition

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I kind of wish I could root for Wichita State to win it all but I can't root against Kentucky

A rematch of last year's game would be incredible though.

• Options
    fuck these awful refs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dez Wells after carrying Maryland on his back through the back half of the Big Ten season, is now single handedly trying to lose this game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That doesn't look good for Trimble

• Options
    I really hate when they feel the need to show a close up of a kid crying because he got hurt.

• Options
    Without Trimble Maryland can't even hold on to the ball

• Options
    Quick and dirty:
    5hpck3flrris.jpg

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    lbvasprnncja.jpg

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Sure is boring with no basketball happening.

Hoops is a hell of a drug.