As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    fuck duke

both in general and specifically for beating louisville yesterday

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I've been avoiding this thread for the fear of being called a frontrunner or whatever. So let me just say everything about this college basketball season has been incredibly satisfying.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kentucky looking as good as they have all year today against South Carolina.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tyler Ulis is going to make an NBA team very happy next year.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Wisconsin has quietly gotten really good in the past month. They've won 7 in a row, including 2 wins over top-5 teams and shot over 38% from 3 in 6 of the games. They've gone from being an NIT team to possibly getting a single-digit seed in the tourney. Hell of a job by Greg Gard considering the circumstances and what he had to work with.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL

COACH K GOAT

5 PLAYERS, NO PROBLEM

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Haven't felt that bad about a Tar Heels game since the Kansas disaster of '08

How the hell do they not just go right at Plumlee on offense for the entire second half?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Haven't felt that bad about a Tar Heels game since the Kansas disaster of '08

How the hell do they not just go right at Plumlee on offense for the entire second half?

Because Roy. That's the only explanation I've got. I have no idea why they wouldn't.

• Options
    FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY IS DANCING!

DUNK CITY!

• Options
    Michigan just knocked off Indiana in the b1g tourney. Fun game to watch.

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    CdShOK5WEAATqRN.jpg

It's the mooooooost wonderful tiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeear . . .

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    UCLA will apparently retain Steve Alford after he led the team to one of the worst records in UCLA history, and also managed the impressive feat of losing three times to traditional non-power USC, a feat that hadn't been done in 74 years.

Everything sucks right now.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    But you beat Kentucky! That's a win to hang your hat on ;)

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    That's on UCLA for giving him such an exorbitant buyout in his contract.

I don't think this is a good year to go coach shopping, anyway. There aren't any real breakout minor or mid-major coaches, and it doesn't seem like there will be much movement in the top-tier jobs unless Pitino gets booted and that starts a chain reaction. So you either throw money at someone to pry him away from his program, on top of the $10M they'd be paying Alford, or you take a flyer on an unproven coach with potential, which is how Alford got there in the first place.

UCLA's best-case scenario would be for IU to fire Crean and come after Alford, but that's not happening this year.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    And then next year Alford stumbles into the sweet 16 again and gets a 10 year extension

mkc.png
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Thanks for giving me the Depression, guys.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    UConn/Cinci in OT

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Michigan just knocked off Indiana in the b1g tourney. Fun game to watch.

4-18 from three lost Indiana that game.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    That's on UCLA for giving him such an exorbitant buyout in his contract.

I don't think this is a good year to go coach shopping, anyway. There aren't any real breakout minor or mid-major coaches, and it doesn't seem like there will be much movement in the top-tier jobs unless Pitino gets booted and that starts a chain reaction. So you either throw money at someone to pry him away from his program, on top of the $10M they'd be paying Alford, or you take a flyer on an unproven coach with potential, which is how Alford got there in the first place.

UCLA's best-case scenario would be for IU to fire Crean and come after Alford, but that's not happening this year.

Alford got there in the first place because our incompetent buffoon of an AD went after Brad Stevens first, and when he went to Boston he panicked and got into a bidding war with himself over Alford for no real reason, instead of waiting out the tournament and possibly trying to get Gregg Marshall.

If you can't tell I really hate our AD. He's actively bad at his job.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    The best part of Michigan beating IU is that Walton passed the ball to the wrong guy

He said he meant to pass it to Dawkins, but mistakenly passed it to Chatman because they have similar hairstyles

Chatman is a career 27% from three.

He hit it anyway.

• Options
    Oh wow. 3rd OT, Cinci misses gets a rebound, drains a three pointer. Then Cinci starts celebrating, UConn inbounds with .8 seconds left and hits a halfcourt three pointer to tie the game and send it into OT #4

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Wow, Carolina. Wow

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

The ref is lowkey one of the best parts of this clip

• Options
    I forgot this thread existed... I'll post the bracket information here

• Options
    Yes...it is that time again. BRACKETOLOGY! The time of year that Joe Lunardi becomes a household name!

FGCU IS DANCING!!

MONMOUTH HAS A FUN BENCH BUT IS ON THE BUBBLE!

KENTUCKY IS MEDIOCRE!!

DUKE SUCKS!! DUKE ALWAYS SUCKS!!

Anyway...

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE BRACKET BUSTING

Group: Penny Arcade Tournament
    Password: wang

If the link doesn't work...let me know.

• Options
    oh right, it's march

I can't remember another time when I was this disinterested in college basketball

it feels bad

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    oh right, it's march

I can't remember another time when I was this disinterested in college basketball

it feels bad

Bad year for your team or something else?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    oh right, it's march

it feels bad

I'm a Louisville fan

• Options
    oh right, it's march

it feels bad

I'm a Louisville fan

That was gonna be my first guess. Yeah, I can understand such disinterest. I'd probably feel the same way if there was anything to actually hang around the necks of UNC's Athletics Department.

Instead my favorite school will just face an incredibly embarrassing academic scandal and the NCAA will piddle around and punish us by hurting recruitment for years.

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    oh right, it's march

it feels bad

I'm a Louisville fan
    :bro:

• Options
    In another universe Buddy Hield releases that a tenth of a second earlier and they win that game.

God I love March

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    STONY BROOK IS DANCING BABY YEAH! GO SEAWOLVES! FINALLY!

• Options
    3 entries so far?

SELECTION SUNDAY IS TOMORROW!

• Options
    So excited for tonight that I could barely sleep. UVA/UNC is basically two 1 seeds going at it, and I really want to see UNC play like they did yesterday and just dismantle UVA

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    This is going to be one of the hardest brackets I've ever filled out.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Just can't find it in me to like Purdue

Edit: And do we get to finally stop hearing ESPN talk about Ben Simmons?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Between the start of the tourney and the beginning of NBA draft talk

So, for maybe 15 minutes on Tuesday afternoon

• Options
    St. Joe's played a great game against Dayton, but the refs certainly didn't make it easy for Dayton to try and get back in the game late.

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Was Seton Hall in the running for an at large bid? Doesn't matter now but I didn't hear anything about them all year.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Is Monmouth getting in or not?

Didn't go there or anything, but I lost my virginity on their campus, so that's as close to a school loyalty as I think I can get.