Options

[Chat] atop a Skyscraper

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I dunno, I should probably give up on this because we basically have 0 in common, aside that we both go to the same university and have all our classes together. I can't even tell if she likes me or not, and I suspect she doesn't really like me as more than a casual acquaintance.

Perhaps I could interest you in this clone of yourself.

You forget that I don't like myself very much, Dank.

I would never date a clone of myself.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I dunno, I should probably give up on this because we basically have 0 in common, aside that we both go to the same university and have all our classes together. I can't even tell if she likes me or not, and I suspect she doesn't really like me as more than a casual acquaintance.

Have you tried being drunk.

Because that's worked wonders for me.

irt: dating the ladies

Can't drink because of meds, don't want to drink because of issues.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Never miss an opportunity for nedroid.

2011-01-13-beartato-badmemories.png

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    21st, you created Dankey Kang. You can do anything.

But seriously, my best friend in college was a very shy girl. It's amazing how quickly they can go from being really quiet to making sounds when prompted. Just speak to her and try to get to know her better. If the conversation feels awkward and forced, then you can reassess. But do not, under any circumstances, give up on this girl if you've never attempted a proper conversation. That is an order.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Wait a weasel has plenty of right to exist though

Sir how dare you impugn the rights of innocent weasels

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Hm. I.

It. You should.

Erm

Welp I'm all out of ideas.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sidenote 21st:

Have you considered an anonymous mixtape

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Man the the PA forums game of the year is a game I have never even heard of.

I tried to read the wiki but there is a strange disconnect between the first paragraph and the rest that leave me uncertain of what the shit is actually going on.

Like.. it starts off talking about a girl coming home and no one is there... but then it just starts talking about a girl going to school and shit.

I don't get it.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Sidenote 21st:

Have you considered an anonymous mixtape

do not listen to this man 21st

he is evil and wants you to fail

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    Ak47 bullets travel in such a way that when they hit the body, they don't just go through you, the spin, back over front, thus making your meaty parts ground beef.

The images are truly terrifing if I wasnt on my phone and trying to sleep.

most modern rifle bullets are designed to tumble and fragment. this isn't just an AK-47 thing

then again it's not something that people should really wring their hands about because most gun crime in the US is committed with handguns

on the other hand most modern handgun bullets (hollow point) are designed to expand (diameter) on impact and then subsequently shred tissue so i dont know what to tell you

Hide behind something very thick if they have a handgun. Serpentine away from the shooter if they have an assault weapon?

Idk you're screwed either way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    21st, you created Dankey Kang. You can do anything.

But seriously, my best friend in college was a very shy girl. It's amazing how quickly they can go from being really quiet to making sounds when prompted. Just speak to her and try to get to know her better. If the conversation feels awkward and forced, then you can reassess. But do not, under any circumstances, give up on this girl if you've never attempted a proper conversation. That is an order.

I attempted real conversations (and had a few) with her, actually.

But i barely ever get to learn anything about her. She doesn't seem to talk about herself a lot.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my teeth all hurt

i think i was grinding my teeth

i need a new mouthguard but my current dental insurance does not cover

i suppose generic ones from internet would suffice

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Ignoring every piece of advice ever is a really good way to achieve your goals.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Hm. I.

It. You should.

Erm

Welp I'm all out of ideas.

He should write a speech and then just read it while looking at his shoes.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2014
    Hide behind something very thick if they have a handgun. Serpentine away from the shooter if they have an assault weapon?

Remo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4Kx9IqIZw

Bogart on
  • Options

This is legitimately a feeling I do not have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my teeth all hurt

you can get those ones you boil and then fit to your mouth pretty cheap at, like, target

they only last a month or two, but at $3 a pop, it's not the worst investment

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »

in fairness

i'd give the anonymous mixtape a miss

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    desc wrote: »
    Wait a weasel has plenty of right to exist though

Sir how dare you impugn the rights of innocent weasels
    The animals of farthing wood has caused a whole generation to not understand what weasels look like

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    how about an anonymous sextape instead?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Ak47 bullets travel in such a way that when they hit the body, they don't just go through you, the spin, back over front, thus making your meaty parts ground beef.

most modern rifle bullets are designed to tumble and fragment. this isn't just an AK-47 thing

then again it's not something that people should really wring their hands about because most gun crime in the US is committed with handguns

on the other hand most modern handgun bullets (hollow point) are designed to expand (diameter) on impact and then subsequently shred tissue so i dont know what to tell you

The tumbling within the body is a side effect of the Spitzer shape. Which as Gooey points out is pretty much every rifle round around. And I want to point out that the inaccuracy of the AK-47 is widely overstated and amplified by the fact it tends to be used by poorly trained troops who seem to love to shoot from the hip. You won't hit anything shooting from the hip except by accident.

And ELM, there has been a strong movement away from the use of automatic fire on the battlefield. Thus the focus on accuracy.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

The tumbling within the body is a side effect of the Spitzer shape. Which as Gooey points out is pretty much every rifle round around. And I want to point out that the inaccuracy of the AK-47 is widely overstated and amplified by the fact it tends to be used by poorly trained troops who seem to love to shoot from the hip. You won't hit anything shooting from the hip except by accident.

And ELM, there has been a strong movement away from the use of automatic fire on the battlefield. Thus the focus on accuracy.

• Options

The best piece of advice was to drink alcohol against my doctor's order.

Should... Should I listen to DUE over my psychiatrist?

Like, my problem is I don't have the guts to start a proper conversation with her so that i may, at the very least, know a bit more about her, like her likes and dislikes and sch.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    My phone typing is extra bad today

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i never feel this way about girls and stuff, but i did some shitty things to my little brother when we were kids

like he used to follow me around everywhere when i was something like 10 and he was 4

and i yelled at him in front of all my friends to go home because he was a baby and no one wanted to hang out with him

until he cried and ran back home

/wrists

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Like, my problem is I don't have the guts to start a proper conversation with her so that i may, at the very least, know a bit more about her, like her likes and dislikes and sch.

No, the best advice was to treat her like a person.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

Remo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4Kx9IqIZw

8:06 AM.

Day is complete.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ha, my grandfather had a shelf full of trashy stuff like Remo Williams, Nick Carter and Casca. I loved that shit.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    my teeth all hurt

you can get those ones you boil and then fit to your mouth pretty cheap at, like, target

they only last a month or two, but at $3 a pop, it's not the worst investment

yeah i just ordered one on amazon

i had one from the dentist for a long time but it fell apart a long time ago and i havent used one in a while

poo
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    there are actually some really interesting websites on backyard ballistic testing if you're interested

www.theboxotruth.com being one of them

the problem with being a gun enthusiast is that you constantly run into myths about this and that

things like "shoot a man with a .45 and they will stop dead but a 9mm and they will keep coming" and other such nonsense

most of this is perpetuated by the "gun store commando"

this is a fat guy that works at a gun store that was interested in the military but never made it/washed out for whatever reason, and likes to tell tall tales about the time they were with SEAL team six in Nicaragua or contracted by the CIA to take out a high value target in western Africa or some other such nonsense

there is a gun store commando at every gun store, no exaggerating

919UOwT.png
  • Options

Maybe you are the next step in the evolution of humanity so that you don't remember terrible things you did and break open your cyanide tooth during a meeting at work about bearings and whether some random thingy had the correct ones

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

well it's not like the bullets are going sideways

but in tests aginst rifles like the M16 or M4 it's not as accurate

• Options
    edited January 2014

Never listen to DUE

always listen to DUE.

No but seriously don't.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

You could go full yolo and say "Hey! So, the thing is, you seem pretty awesome but I don't have the guts to start a proper conversation where we get to know each other. My friends on the net say I should make you an anonymous mixtape but movies suggest that is doomed to failure. Do you have any tips? "

• Options
    so, i've decided it's time to suck it up and buy a new car

mine is getting to that age where i can spend a bunch of money and it'll last another 10 years or i can just buy a new one and not worry about it

after about 20 mins of research i settled on a 2011 nissan rogue s

the reviews look decent

it's about $1500 over blue book, but it's also priced roughly the same at like 10 other dealerships in the area

i'll go test drive it and then be like, "okay whatever i'm buying it," unless it's like that time a test drove a car and it started smoking right off the lot and i was like, dude, wtf is this shit?

am i making a huge mistake? y/y

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Man the the PA forums game of the year is a game I have never even heard of.

I tried to read the wiki but there is a strange disconnect between the first paragraph and the rest that leave me uncertain of what the shit is actually going on.

Like.. it starts off talking about a girl coming home and no one is there... but then it just starts talking about a girl going to school and shit.

I don't get it.

Sounds like gone home

The first girl and the second are sisters, the elder one has come home after being away for a year and nobody is there. The younger one is the one that's being refereed to when they talk about going to school (like any good sibling the elder girl is taking this moment of being alone in the house to rummage about and read her younger sisters diary, and generally have a good nose about in other peoples business)

Personally, I did not care for it at all, but I am in an apparent minority.

sig.gif
  • Options

No, the best advice was to treat her like a person.

I don't know how to treat people.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    there are actually some really interesting websites on backyard ballistic testing if you're interested

www.theboxotruth.com being one of them

the problem with being a gun enthusiast is that you constantly run into myths about this and that

things like "shoot a man with a .45 and they will stop dead but a 9mm and they will keep coming" and other such nonsense

most of this is perpetuated by the "gun store commando"

this is a fat guy that works at a gun store that was interested in the military but never made it/washed out for whatever reason, and likes to tell tall tales about the time they were with SEAL team six in Nicaragua or contracted by the CIA to take out a high value target in western Africa or some other such nonsense

there is a gun store commando at every gun store, no exaggerating

I kind of want to take up pistol shooting as a hobby but I have a stack of paperwork I need to fill out because this is NY and then...I'd have to be around "gun culture" stuff. I'm cool with guns but some of the people who really like guns are not the people I want to spend time around.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Hey I just met you

This discussion has been closed.