Options

[PS Vita] Cerny giveth and Cerny taketh away

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Makes sense.

Edit: Oh, geez, that's a good price on Muramasa.

PLA on
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Some brief gameplay from Akiba's Trip. Now, this is the PS4 version, but from what I understand the only difference is some graphical updates and more populated areas, so it should still give you a good idea of what the Vita will play like.

PS4 version? Maybe it's time to pick one up!

Just need to find a few more games to justify the purchase :D

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Bonepart wrote: »
    Some brief gameplay from Akiba's Trip. Now, this is the PS4 version, but from what I understand the only difference is some graphical updates and more populated areas, so it should still give you a good idea of what the Vita will play like.

The PS4 version of Akiba's Trip has not yet been confirmed for localization. XSEED is aware of it, but given that it was just recently announced, I would not think that announcement would be immediate.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    bss wrote: »
    Bonepart wrote: »

The PS4 version of Akiba's Trip has not yet been confirmed for localization. XSEED is aware of it, but given that it was just recently announced, I would not think that announcement would be immediate.

Oh, the PS4 version is being made later? Then I'll probably just stick with the PS3.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Did anybody else try importing their save file into Soul Sacrifice Delta? It isn't recognizing my vanilla save. I just get an error of "Could not find saved data on the PS Vita card that can be used with this application."

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    PS Blog has two insubstantial posts about Freedom Wars and Big Fest. Nothing big, but they're both still coming! At some point...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/14/freedom-wars-the-world-of-panopticon/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/14/promote-real-music-in-bigfest-on-ps-vita/

• Options
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hotline Miami meets Binding of Isaac

Sold

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Did anybody else try importing their save file into Soul Sacrifice Delta? It isn't recognizing my vanilla save. I just get an error of "Could not find saved data on the PS Vita card that can be used with this application."
    Mine works fine. I just select New Game at the main menu of Delta, and it gives me a dialog of "Soul Sacrifice save found" and goes through the motions.

Do you still have Soul Sacrifice on your card? The save data is tied to the "bubble" on the home screen, so if you don't have the app or the bubble, then you don't have the save.

EDIT: It does not use the Action Icon on the LiveArea of the game to import the save. You import the save from within the application itself, after selecting New Game.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about picking up Persona 3 Portable, but I keep thinking FES is probably the better version, although I'll never end up playing it. First world problems.

Also, any of those other Atlus PSP games worth picking up while on sale?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Mine works fine. I just select New Game at the main menu of Delta, and it gives me a dialog of "Soul Sacrifice save found" and goes through the motions.

Do you still have Soul Sacrifice on your card? The save data is tied to the "bubble" on the home screen, so if you don't have the app or the bubble, then you don't have the save.

EDIT: It does not use the Action Icon on the LiveArea of the game to import the save. You import the save from within the application itself, after selecting New Game.

That seemed to be it. Once I loaded up the game proper I didn't have any issues. This is a pretty huge expansion from the looks of it. I didn't even know about the new spell combos. At a glance, the combat systems are much deeper now, and vanilla wasn't especially lacking to begin with.

I'm a little confused that my main quests seem to have reverted to the end of Sortiara's chapter, but I get the feeling that it's for a reason and not a bug.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I'm thinking about picking up Persona 3 Portable, but I keep thinking FES is probably the better version, although I'll never end up playing it. First world problems.

P3P is fine, just look up the last story-clarification part of the game (which wasn't included in the original version either) on YouTube.

• Options

That seemed to be it. Once I loaded up the game proper I didn't have any issues. This is a pretty huge expansion from the looks of it. I didn't even know about the new spell combos. At a glance, the combat systems are much deeper now, and vanilla wasn't especially lacking to begin with.

I'm a little confused that my main quests seem to have reverted to the end of Sortiara's chapter, but I get the feeling that it's for a reason and not a bug.
    It unlocks the rest after you complete the first Grim storyline. Really, everything gets unlocked after that.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Sounds pretty cool!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Persona 1 is super PS1. Like pre-analog stick PS1. And all the character s are super dicks. But the soundtrack is pretty sack good.

• Options

Has anyone found a single case where that icon on LiveArea does something? I've seen it on multiple games now and every time it's just complained that the right card wasn't inserted. It is a mystery.

• Options
    edited May 2014

Has anyone found a single case where that icon on LiveArea does something? I've seen it on multiple games now and every time it's just complained that the right card wasn't inserted. It is a mystery.
    Conception II Demo -> Conception II uses it (I think). There are a few games that use it, but I can't think of them off the top of my head..

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Conception II Demo -> Conception II uses it. There are a few games that use it, but I can't think of them off the top of my head..

Did it work though? I remember seeing it on Conception II but my recollection is that I got the same message and had to choose to load my demo save while in-game.

• Options
    edited May 2014

P3P is fine, just look up the last story-clarification part of the game (which wasn't included in the original version either) on YouTube.

P3P has more stuff to fuse. And more replay-value. It trades a lot of walking for menu-navigation, which I feel ehh about, but certainly is convenient in a hurry. The main, big thing to get from FES is The Answer, which I suppose one might as well absorb vicariously.

Edit: Also this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6SgC9-Ez3I

PLA on
  • Options
    I mean, I just got the information elsewhere and never felt gypped about enjoying complete control over my characters and a second playthrough with brand new social links.

The battle/exploration stuff is still intact.

• Options
    I think it's pretty incredible that the FeMC option has different music for much of the game. It's really good music, too. I prefer some of it to the original.

• Options
    I think it's pretty incredible that the FeMC option has different music for much of the game. It's really good music, too. I prefer some of it to the original.

I really miss Mass Destruction though.

• Options
    edited May 2014

I really miss Mass Destruction though.

Babybabybabybabybabybabybabybabybaby is awesome, but Wiping All Out is pretty catchy too. But I think Way of Life is the stand-out track for FeMC.

Oh, hey, if anyone in the thread hasn't played Persona 3 Portable and has even a passing interest in it, it's $5 on PSN right now.

Any American, that is...

Renzo on
  • Options
    You guys have covered pretty much everything I want to say about P3P, but yeah, that game has some great music. I bought the P3P soundtrack having not even played the FeMC storyline yet, and Wiping All Out is one of my favorite of the Persona vocal tracks. The game's great stuff though, I have no regrets playing it over P3FES.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Cool, I'll pick up P3P for 5 bucks tonight and load it up on the new memory card when it gets here in a day or two.

Any opinions on the other games in the sale? Growlanser, Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union look interesting. (I also just learned about Jeanne D'Arc, I'll probably pick that one up later).

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I loved the story in The Answer but I'd say going through the whole thing isn't entirely worth it. If just because the combat isn't that great.

I guess a case could be made for the dungeon parts giving you proper pacing to digest the story, which might be valid, but whatever. Youtube The Answer once you play through P3P.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Cool, I'll pick up P3P for 5 bucks tonight and load it up on the new memory card when it gets here in a day or two.

Any opinions on the other games in the sale? Growlanser, Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union look interesting. (I also just learned about Jeanne D'Arc, I'll probably pick that one up later).

They're all worth getting, but keep in mind Yggdra Union can be pretty balls hard if you don't learn how to abuse the combat mechanics. Its combat mechanics are also pretty damn bizarre to boot.

Growlanser is a PSP port of Growlanser 4 for the PS2, with a few extra storylines and features. Beyond the extra story stuff it's basically exactly the same as the PS2 version(though the added storylines wildly vary how the game's events play out).

Knights in the Nightmare is a port of the DS version, with an additional scenario available(based on whether you have Yggdra Union save data on the memory card). While the combat was really designed for the DS's touch screen in mind, and as a result the controls are somewhat clunkier(since the PSP had no touch screen), it looks way better than the DS version since you get the super awesome filtering majigs that the Vita wields.

Oh and Growlanser features the most adorable fairy companion in the history of everything that's adorable.
    D-TP.jpg

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Oh and Growlanser features the most adorable fairy companion in the history of everything that's adorable.
    D-TP.jpg

Depending on how you mix her.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    D-TP.jpg

Depending on how you mix her.

The other ones are cute but don't match the adorable levels ovar nine thousandu!

I didn't bother mentioning that aspect yet though since it's technically a minor spoiler.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I finally beat Penance! (The "right" way.)

Last night, I lost. I wasn't very careful. I was using Ribbon + BHPL + Auto-Haste + Auto-Regen with Tidus, Rikku, and Wakka at 99,999 HP. Today I decided "why not make new armors?" So I did - I made myself three BHPL + Auto-Haste + Auto-Regen + Auto-Protect armors and the fight was so much easier (if not time consuming).

Whee. Now I can finally put FFX to rest.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2014

P3P is the better version.

Though I recommend getting FES anyway and playing through The Answer once you finish P3P. If you like 40 hours of grinding, that is.

Drez on
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »

P3P has more stuff to fuse. And more replay-value. It trades a lot of walking for menu-navigation, which I feel ehh about, but certainly is convenient in a hurry. The main, big thing to get from FES is The Answer, which I suppose one might as well absorb vicariously.

Edit: Also this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6SgC9-Ez3I

Trading walking for menu navigation was one of the best updates to the game. Shaved like 20 hours off my playthrough. I played every version of Persona, including the review copy I had gotten via eToychest way back when, and fuck endlessly walking around to talk to apathetic NPCs for a year.

• Options
    I didn't think I would like the menu navigation, but it's not bad. I like the efficiency of it, and you still get the nice art and music.

• Options
    Aspiring developers: PSM SDK 2.0 will be released in the Summer 2014
    At the same timing as the release of the official version of Unity for PlayStation®Mobile, PSM SDK 2.0 will be released in the summer 2014.

With PSM SDK 2.0 or Unity for PSM, you can develop contents for PlayStation®Vita and PlayStation®VitaTV.

Please be noted that you can not develop contents for PlayStation®VitaTV with PSM SDK 1.2.

I messed around with 1.2 a bit and thought it was pretty alright. Unfortunately I am too busy with coding for a living to code on the side, but I'm looking forward to messing around with SDK 2.0. SDK 1.2 was (and still is?) freely available to anyone who signs up, hopefully 2.0 keeps that going.

(And my god I'm trying my best not to read anything into that VitaTV stuff.)

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    D-TP.jpg

...I've been on the Internet for far, far too long to see that as anything but Japanese pseudo-porn. It's not even remotely subtle.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Soul Sac Delta Grim Ch5
    I gotta sacrifice Red? Man. I don't know! Edit: lmao she played me AND the narrator.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    D-TP.jpg

...I've been on the Internet for far, far too long to see that as anything but Japanese pseudo-porn. It's not even remotely subtle.

You're not imagining things - the Growlanser character artist used to draw hentai.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    D-TP.jpg

You're not imagining things - the Growlanser character artist used to draw hentai.

No kidding - Kenichiro Taka would be calling him Sensei.

The guy would even go back and release hentai art books of characters from the very games that he did the artwork for.

But that particular picture was just the first one I found off of Google image search(I didn't even see it that way until Houn perved it up - you sunofa!). In-game she's not nearly so suggestive and far more cutedorable.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    D-TP.jpg

No kidding - Kenichiro Taka would be calling him Sensei.

The guy would even go back and release hentai art books of characters from the very games that he did the artwork for.

But that particular picture was just the first one I found off of Google image search(I didn't even see it that way until Houn perved it up - you sunofa!). In-game she's not nearly so suggestive and far more cutedorable.

Man, the Internet. This place changes you, man.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    BORDERLAND 2 VITA IMPRESSIONS INCOMING:
    Yeah, this works.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
This discussion has been closed.