As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Resistance: Avalon] Evil Wins. Arthur strangled. Merlin indicted for campaign fraud.

• Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    Oh! That covers everyone then.

rqv6.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Man, I'm not a bad guy. Why's everyone gotta use me as an example spy in their hypotheticals?
    :'(

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Because you're the only one to be in both missions?

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    You're Prokhor Zakharov, you can't help being an amoral dirtbag.
    i.e. a spy!
    <3

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Its exciting. Waiting for the vote results.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Quest 2, Vote 1 Results: MISSION REJECTED.

Ayes: Davoid, Sokpuppet, Rhan9.
    Total: 3
    Nays: Kirindal, Megamek, Jdarksun, Phyphor, Hedgethorn, Mikey CTS, Kaneski.
    Total: 7

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Davoid, it's your turn to put a sensible crew together.

• Options
    @Davoid, you must now select four knights to go on a heroic quest of heroism.

• Options
    Okay dokay, I'm gonna go back through, look over everyones reasoning, and find a team the majority will hopefully agree with.

rqv6.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    At least prior to the voting, it seemed that there was significant support for the original 3 + 1 more -- that'd be you, Rhan, Kaneski, and a knight to be named later.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Fascinating.

So however you work the numbers, we've got partisan splits between both the baddies and the good guys? Am I reading that right?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Hn? What do you mean?

rqv6.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The votes. Not what I was expecting to see.
    For one thing, it makes me look extremely scummy. :#

But since I know I'm loyal-but-confused, that means that either the good guys split their votes, the bad guys split their votes, or both.

To several of you it probably just looks like three minions voted to send some evil people on the mission, though....
    alternatively, we ended up with several minions on the mission roster and the bad guys voted reject to try to prevent a double-fail?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Wait, rejected his own mission? What is going on in this game?

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    What would people think of the original 3 + sokpuppet or mikey?

rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay... so let's take a look at this vote. You've got four spies and six knights. We have three aye votes to seven nay votes. Now, usually in this scenario all the spies would vote to approve the mission and push it through. Typically in this scenario spies would vote aye and push it through with anyone on the mission.

So why did the spies reject this mission? Usually they save their rejects until they have no choice cause they will lose the game if they do not. But this is only mission two. There are still three more missions, even if four is particularly hard for them. Maybe they realize they don't really have a shot at four, so if they do not fail this mission they will lose the game.

Did Kaneski get lucky and tag all loyal resistance? But then why did he reject his own mission?

OR... maybe two spies got tagged and they rejected it because of that.

Edit: Bolded seems most likely.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

It was a bad plan

• Options
    I'd prefer Sokpuppet to Mikey. My reasoning:

Either Sokpuppet is evil or he's good. If he's evil, he probably put one minion on the initial team. So initial team + Sokpuppet = 2 minions = hilarity.

Or Sokpuppet is good, in which case there's no danger adding him to the original team.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

It was a bad plan

Well yeah we all knew that, but he was still pretty adamant.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Either Kaneski was intentionally fishing for information, or he got convinced at the last minute that it was a bad plan. Hard to know what's going on in his head. I know that *I* rejected the mission because I felt the whole thing smelled funny: keeping Rhan on board but an all new crew without Kaneski? I was pretty sure it was minion central.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay... so let's take a look at this vote. You've got four spies and six knights. We have three aye votes to seven nay votes. Now, usually in this scenario all the spies would vote to approve the mission and push it through. Typically in this scenario spies would vote aye and push it through with anyone on the mission.

So why did the spies reject this mission? Usually they save their rejects until they have no choice cause they will lose the game if they do not. But this is only mission two. There are still three more missions, even if four is particularly hard for them. Maybe they realize they don't really have a shot at four, so if they do not fail this mission they will lose the game.

Did Kaneski get lucky and tag all loyal resistance? But then why did he reject his own mission?

OR... maybe two spies got tagged and they rejected it because of that. But Kaneski is the only person on the mission who rejected it and he picked the people going. It just doesn't make any sense to me that all three of the approves, who are on the mission, could be spies. They would reject it if they were spies.

Ugh... I dunno. I don't see any logic in this vote.

I don't understand the bolded part. Two of the three approvals came from people *not* on the mission, as so.

Kaneski proposed: {Hedgethorn, Kirindal, Rhan9, Jdarksun}

Are you confusing the first mission lineup with the second?

Edit: Corrected by Phyphor. Oops. My correction in italics.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Rhan was on the mission and approved, but for all the others, yes

• Options
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

OR... maybe two spies got tagged and they rejected it because of that. But Kaneski is the only person on the mission who rejected it and he picked the people going. It just doesn't make any sense to me that all three of the approves, who are on the mission, could be spies. They would reject it if they were spies.

Ugh... I dunno. I don't see any logic in this vote.

I don't understand the bolded part. Two of the three approvals came from people *not* on the mission, as so.

Kaneski proposed: {Hedgethorn, Kirindal, Rhan9, Jdarksun}

Are you confusing the first mission lineup with the second?

Edit: Corrected by Phyphor. Oops. My correction in italics.

This makes a little more sense. Okay, so it looks like all the spies rejected it. There were definitely two or more spies on that mission.

• Options
    Based on these results, I feel pretty good about that first team.

And I agree, it should be Sok and not me.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Alternatively: Oberon, and only Oberon, was on that mission. The (other) spies rejected it because they didn't know there were any spies on it.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    That doesn't follow. If anything, the spies would approve since there's almost certainly one on there based on the following logic: I'm good, Kaneski is either evil (sent a spy) or good (requires a perfect selection of all knights since 2 are out, 4 have to be in). Which he could only do if he was a wizard or something
    See what I did there?

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    I wasn't crazy about the composition of the team, jettisoning the first team without bringing back at least two didn't seem conductive to winnowing out possible spies. I wouldn't object to the new team being the first + Mikey.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok, so, in light of the discussion,

I am going to propose Rhan, Kaneski, Sokpuppet and Davoid for mission 2. I think that sounds reasonable?

tagging everyone in this post so it'll be easy for them to find it and make their decision about it
    @Kirindal @Phyphor @Mikey CTS @Sokpuppet @Hedgethorn @Kaneski @jdarksun @MegaMek @Rhan9

edit edit: Oh yea! I need to think of a mission we're going on! Who likes gold? I like gold! I hear one of our Lords has lots of gold in his keep. Let's go take his gold! This seems noble and totally how government works.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    That doesn't follow. If anything, the spies would approve since there's almost certainly one on there based on the following logic: I'm good, Kaneski is either evil (sent a spy) or good (requires a perfect selection of all knights since 2 are out, 4 have to be in). Which he could only do if he was a wizard or something
    See what I did there?

I'm not following your logic here. We're saying there was more than one spy that got sent. If they both rejected the mission that would be a devasting blow. So the spies all rejected that mission.

@Davoid that seems reasonable to me.

• Options
    I'm much happier with the logic of that party than I was with Kaneski's.

• Options
    See what I did there?

I'm not following your logic here. We're saying there was more than one spy that got sent. If they both rejected the mission that would be a devasting blow. So the spies all rejected that mission.

Davoid that seems reasonable to me.

Oh I must have misread what you were saying, never mind

• Options
    Oh, when you guys send me the vote PMs, please do something like "Quest 2, Vote 2: Reject/Accept" so it reduces my chances of confusing which vote for which mission you're casting now that my inbox is getting crowded as hell.

• Options
    Oh, when you guys send me the vote PMs, please do something like "Quest 2, Vote 2: Reject/Accept" so it reduces my chances of confusing which vote for which mission you're casting now that my inbox is getting crowded as hell.

Ah, sorry! : /

rqv6.png
  • Options
    @Professor Phobos, Would you prefer that we resend our votes for this round, or is this just for the future?

• Options
    just for the future. I noticed myself becoming confuzzled.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Would it be smart if I tagged everyone in important posts like a team proposal? I think I might do that...

edit: ha ha how do you tag Mikey? I keep accidentally tagging the user "Mikey"

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    Use quotation marks. So @ "Mikey CTS" (without the space after the at-sign).

• Options
    Oh, thanks! I am not sure if it's a good idea to do that, ha ha, I just felt it would help folks find the really important game posts easily if they're just coming back after awhile? That way that can just scroll up to read team selection debate, and scroll down to see post-proposal debate.

rqv6.png
  • Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    OFCOURSE I rejected that mission. It would have been insane to let that thing go ahead.

This vote was a write-off. I don't think analysis will give us much. Given the lengthy discussion that preceded it, it was very likely that the bad guys would vote independently, rather than as a bloc.

@Davoid pick any team you like. Just keep in mind that I maintain that the 3+1 idea is still bad, because there almost certainly was a bad guy on the first mission.