As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reality [Mini] Phalla - Finale - Serial Killer Victory? (Joe Schmo Phalla)

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
edited January 2014 in Critical Failures
873481613a7902d4dcbe3b3ea96b3b31.jpg

Scenario

Posted On: 01/15/2014
Closing On: TBD
Company: Mandalorian Mystic Network

Casting Call Information
City: All
State: All

Attention World!!! Mandalorian Mystic Network is Casting All People of Ages 18+ for a New Reality Show, "Reality Phalla”.

Do you want to be a star?! Need Money?! Want to break the monotony of normal Forum Posting?! Then come audition and see if you have what it takes to be the first "Reality Phalla" Winner! Guaranteed a prime timeslot on a major network, this show will be seen by all and will most certainly launch your career in Hollywood, earn you money, and/or give you a wonderful break from your monotonous life.

This is your chance! Take it!

Game Overview

Genre: Village Faction rooting out Mafia Within Their Ranks with a heavy dose of interactivity and choice for all. The game was created so that everyone would have something to do and could play a very important part in their side's eventual victory or defeat. At its heart it is still a Phalla game, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. If this is your first game, it will be informative to visit the linked topic for some background information.

In this game, the Village are contestants chosen to be on the show by different Production Companies. The Mafia are chosen by the Director as his favorite contestants he wants to win and will cheat to get them to the top.

Special Mechanics and Game Design

Roleplay
Expect a bit of required roleplay. Many roles in this game play off the idea of a reality show and a specific desired entertainment value expected from it.

Crazy
This game is a bit crazy. Go into it expecting to have fun. It is balanced and will be competitive, but there are some crazy things I am trying.

Obi-Phalla
This is Obi-Phalla and I create games with the following mindset:

1) I don't like straight seering.
2) I prefer Basic Villagers to have powers along with the power of voting/analysis.
3) I like mechanics that punish inactive mafia. On the flip-side, I like mechanics that reward mafia who are active in muddying the waters and staying hidden in plain sight.

Sample Vanillager PM:
You are a Contestant chosen by Sky Entertainment | Autumn Productions | Royal Pictures. This is your shot. Play well and you may be given even greater chances within the game. Win the game and fulfill your dreams! You have the following Star Qualities (powers):
The It Factor: If you are highlighted on that day's reel (mentioned in the Narration), your current Company will gain 1 Network Fame.

Wincon: The Director’s Chosen do not have the most Network Favor and you are a member of the Production Company with the most Network Favor at the end of the game.

Voting

As per the usual Reality Show rules, there will be regular votes to remove players from the game. Vote for the player who you no longer want in the game in bold red. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract vote for <player name>" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or change your vote by making another one in bold red. Do not, under any circumstance, edit a post that has a vote. If an edit is necessary, make a new post instead. The player who receives the most votes will be removed from the game. Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated, as well as the player that instigated the tie, whether that be due to a vote being placed or a vote being removed.

Voting will close each day at 10PM MST (12AM EST | 5AM UTC) SHARP; any votes before the hour (x:59) will count, any votes on the hour and later (x:00) will not.

Orders

Every player should have orders to submit and they must be submitted before vote close. All villager orders must be submitted by responding to your role PM. Mafia orders can be submitted on their proboards.

Signing Up

Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or other bright, easily visible color to ensure that your intent to play is acknowledged.

Signups will be open until we have 25 players.

Inactivity

It is expected that players make at least two posts, make a vote, and submit private actions (if any). A warning will be sent on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the player will be eliminated from the game.

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

All proboards must be linked to the host and all conversations must have the host included. NO CONVERSATION OF THE GAME IS ALLOWED OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM OR LINKED PROBOARDS. No chat rooms. No facebook. NOTHING. No communication is allowed outside of PA forums and linked proboards.

Clarifications

ObiFett on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Initial Sign-ups
    1 - Phyphor
    2 - Preda
    3 - Auralynx
    4 - enlightenedbum
    5 - Sir Fabulous
    6 - SLyM
    7 - Bedlam
    8 - facetious
    9 - MrTlicious
    10 - Egos
    11 - Invictus
    12 - Gizzy
    13 - Megafrost
    14 - TheRoadVirus
    15 - Cythraul
    16 - jdarksun
    17 - Buddha73
    18 - ebfan
    19 - schuss
    20 - SaberOverEasy
    21 - kime
    22 - CesareB
    23 - The Anonymous
    24 - Hippie
    25 - premium

Reserves:
    1 - JPants
    2 - Vertroue

Results

Night 1:
    Auralynx (Contestant) - Voted Out and Backstabbed
    Schuss (Contestant) - Backstabbed
    SLyM (Contestant) - Audience Vote

Night 2:
    Egos (Agitator) - Voted Out
    Premium (Agitator) - Backstabbed
    SaberOverEasy(Contestant) - Audience Vote

Night 3:
    jdarksun (Agitator) - Voted Out
    Invictus (Friend) - Backstabbed
    MrTlicious(Veteran) - Backstabbed
    Preda(Contestant) - Backstabbed
    and Audience Vote
    Cythraul(Contestant) - Backstabbed
    kime(Agitator) - Breach of Contract

Night 4:
    Hippie(Agitator) - Voted Out
    Sir Fabulous(Friend) - Backstabbed
    CesareB(Contestant) - Backstabbed
    Phyphor(Friend) - Audience Vote

Night 5:
    The Anonymous(Agitator) - Voted Out
    Enlightenedbum(Friend) - Backstabbed
    MegaFrost(Friend) - Backstabbed
    Bedlam(Veteran) - Audience Vote

Night 6:
    Buddha73(Veteran) - Voted Out
    Gizzy(Agitator) - Backstabbed
    Facetious(Backstabber) - Backstabbed
    ebfan(Agitator) - Audience Vote

Narrations
    Pre-Show
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Finale

Royal Pictures wins the Faction game!
    Bedlam
    Enlightenedbum
    ebfan
    kime
    premium

ObiFett on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    signup

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Fame!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    How many bugs do I have to eat?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Look at all these slow people. I clearly want it more

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I'm obligated to play this, no?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I only appear on celebrity editions.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Faction game?

Faction game

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Im not here to make friends. Im here to be Americas next top singyman married to a model-chef for survival!
    Thus was the dawn of the FABULOUS seers!

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I want to go on a show where I get to pretend to live in the 19th century. Can we do that?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !Play

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    eh this sounds potentially amusing unless I get the "desperate for a man" girl or alternatively the Machiavellian New Jersey Don Jon who doesn't know the definition of Machiavellian

• Options
    I meant to say Don Jon instead of Don Juan

B)

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Fiiiine.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

Please tell me more about these seers.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

They want to touch you with their pink, wriggly things.

• Options
    Are you guys all friends on Facebook?

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

They want to touch you with their pink, wriggly things.

Sounds like my last girlfriend?

I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to do here.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Neither did she!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Barrrrrrrrrfffffff

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Hello. I'm John Videogames. In 1975, I invented videogames, which are now played around the world. And now, I need your help to make new videogames.

It will have RPGs. It will have cards. Stats, gems, and webs. You can online with friends... or your enemies

• Options
    edited January 2014
    if we get to roleplay a character of our own devising (which I strongly doubt)

I'm gonna be a lover boy/pyscho killer/ psycho-analystist/man trapped in a woman's body trapped in a man's body/ chris angel wannabe

NAMED DOVER HUTCHDALE

Egos on
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    2 games?!

Madness!!!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I'll be the girl who wants to hug every cat.

• Options
    I will play the entire aged cast of M*A*S*H, struggling to find relevancy in this modern world.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    I will play the entire aged cast of M*A*S*H, struggling to find relevancy in this modern world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g450eyrN7Pg

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Asians always win right?

• Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    It's been a long time since I've done a Phalla, but for some reason I've been in the mood to play again recently.

I hope at some point I get to use the phrase "I'm not here to make friends!"

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Ebfan wrote: »

I think this is applicable at any time, including signups!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I guess

Also, I promise not to grudge anyone. Sorta.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I just want to be a star!

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    How do you have a banner with all those shows and don't include The Mole at all? It fits too perfectly for Phalla.

Also I randomly thought of the Mole and its potential as a Phalla setting last night and chatted with Blarn about it in the IRC channel. I hadn't been in the IRC channel and months and don't know why I randomly thought of the Mole last night. And now I know that occurred a couple hours after this thread got posted, and I hadn't seen it. My Phalla insight is already on point, be afraid.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ebfan wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I've done a Phalla, but for some reason I've been in the mood to play again recently.

It has been a long time!

Welcome to your doom!

I don't watch reality TV shows, but I just recently rewatched the Doctor Who episode that makes fun of them a bit, so I will pretend that those are close to the real thing!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Reserve Up!

Just getting back to work (and phalla!) after a long leave so not 100% sure of my availability, but I can reserve just fine. Looks like it'll be a fun game to watch!

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Welcome to your doom!

You wasted a perfect opportunity to make a Frisky Dingo reference :(

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ummm

What?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    How do you have a banner with all those shows and don't include The Mole at all? It fits too perfectly for Phalla.

Also I randomly thought of the Mole and its potential as a Phalla setting last night and chatted with Blarn about it in the IRC channel. I hadn't been in the IRC channel and months and don't know why I randomly thought of the Mole last night. And now I know that occurred a couple hours after this thread got posted, and I hadn't seen it. My Phalla insight is already on point, be afraid.

I tried to make a (loosely speaking) "The Mole" phalla and it apparently turned into "Resistance: The Phalla."