As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Huh. They made a second EtherLords? I mean, the first one was OK, but super damn hard (unless you cheated which, well duh it's easy then). And as far as I remember, it didn't sell very well originally either.

Anyone know how that second one was?

I haven't played the first, so can't really compare. Really loved the second though, thinking I might just buy the bundle.

I don't remember the second being particularly hard though, especially since the campaign is just free exploration outside of battles.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Viking for BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, and @Scratchy for Postal 2 complete. You guys are awesome, and I appreciate the games. Also both are pretty bad at following directions from my last post, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness anyways.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I will be pleased with tags if they do one thing: replace categories in the library.

I want to be able to tag a game as "RPG, Strategy, Platformer" and have it show up in 3 categories: RPG, Strategy, and Platformer.

Absolutely. As it is I have to jury rig my categories with numbers, letters ("Z-Never Play Again"), and combo categories like "Action: RPG" or "Adventure: Zelda-Style."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I will be pleased with tags if they do one thing: replace categories in the library.

I want to be able to tag a game as "RPG, Strategy, Platformer" and have it show up in 3 categories: RPG, Strategy, and Platformer.

Absolutely. As it is I have to jury rig my categories with numbers, letters ("Z-Never Play Again"), and combo categories like "Action: RPG" or "Adventure: Zelda-Style."

Also, while we're adding things to the wishlist, Valve, you know what games people own.

When bringing up "invite friends" list for games like L4D2, how about just the list of people who ACTUALLY OWN the game?

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Best tag? Best tag.

4fDNAAM.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    @CheesecakeRecipe

Yeah NaissanceE looks STUNNING, but with the price they've chosen to launch at, it's gone from insta-buy to "well I'll get it as soon as there's a patch to let me use my Rift"

Shouldn't take TOO long since it's made in Unity.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    The tags for Gone Home are really bumming me out. I hope nobody reads them and decides to not play it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    If anyone here decides to use the "not a game" tag on anything that isn't actually accounting software, we are no longer friends.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The tags for Gone Home are really bumming me out. I hope nobody reads them and decides to not play it.

I can't decide which Gone Home tag irritates me more: "Not a game" or "Gone Homo"...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014

I can't decide which Gone Home tag irritates me more: "Not a game" or "Gone Homo"...

Why choose? What's wrong with hating both equally?

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I was more upset that "Bad" was one of the top 3 tags.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Haha, one of the tags recommended for me was "What is even happening?"

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Thanks to Viking for BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, and Scratchy for Postal 2 complete. You guys are awesome, and I appreciate the games. Also both are pretty bad at following directions from my last post, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness anyways.

Postal 2 brought to you by the fine folks of agarest, card collectors, and general fans of ta-ta's. Pre-birthday gift complete, birthday incoming in t-minus few days.

*fingers in ears lalalalalalala

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    For You Need a Budget, I tagged it as Turn-Based Strategy.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    If anyone here decides to use the "not a game" tag on anything that isn't actually accounting software, we are no longer friends.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is not a game.

it's a way of life.

RULES OF NATURE!

21stCentury on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I thought the Bad tag on Gone Home was a 90s reference...

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »

More of a Returns-Based-Strategy, if you ask me.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Steam Streaming Beta:

I was just playing Saints Row 4 on an Asus 1005PE Netbook.

It ran like shit, but it ran.

This is the future, people.

• Options
    MAKE UP YOUR MIND
    P0ge4lU.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

In my case, it's most definitely a Roguelike.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

In my case, it's most definitely a Roguelike.

Isn't a tool for success at a roguelike though?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The tag system is great for some things, like finding feminist games. Without the tag, I would have never picked up great feminist titles like Cut the Rope or the Dr. Strange DLC for Pinball FX2

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Hey, cool, that BlazBlue port is finally available at a place where actual people shop at.

... too bad it's a version of the game that's like four installments out of date now.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    must/.// not.. buy// more games... /

edit: I caved. buying games, it is..

msmya on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Witcher 2 is getting bought, no doubt. Is playing through the first game a requirement?

• Options
    Witcher 2 is getting bought, no doubt. Is playing through the first game a requirement?

For 1.99 your gatdamn right it's a requirement.

It's not necessary story-wise really because I went into the first knowing nothing about the lore and was lost but still had a great time. By the time I tried the second I had forgot quite a bit about the first but still had a great time. I'd recommend getting both as cheap as they are if you are a fan of great times though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular

No, but I definitely recommend it. You can carry your save file over to 2 which can give you gear from your first game and it alters the story in some ways. However, I would only recommend it to people who are tolerant of old-school RPGs. The combat in the first game can be a little repetitive but the story and characters are well worth putting up with it.

It still amazes me how much they improved The Witcher 2 over 1... which excites me to no end for 3. If they improve upon 3 to the same scale, it'll be the greatest action-RPG of all time, hands down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Kind of irritated with the tagging process. I went through my entire library (all 392 games worth) to tag everything with Achievements and Cloud Saves where that was accurate. Reasoning being that A. the Store feature lists aren't always accurate for those two features, and B. Games containing both those features are much more likely to get played.

And of course, it's only once I've finished said task and go to test it, that I find that even on the My Tags list, it's not showing every game I hit with a given tag.

Well, that was a bunch of wasted time.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Huh. They made a second EtherLords? I mean, the first one was OK, but super damn hard (unless you cheated which, well duh it's easy then). And as far as I remember, it didn't sell very well originally either.

I haven't played the first, so can't really compare. Really loved the second though, thinking I might just buy the bundle.

I don't remember the second being particularly hard though, especially since the campaign is just free exploration outside of battles.

The first one had this movement amount for each group of monster summoning dudes, and a campaign thing where basically the other dudes have a serious advantage of like, one asskicker and two backups to trash your main citadel while you started with just one main monster summoner dude and neither turtling nor all out was the way to go, and you could only move into certain hexes . . . I just gave up after a while.

Edit: and now, because DragonNest updated earlier today, "Kawaii Uguu~" has been added to my recommended links. o.O

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »

The first one had this movement amount for each group of monster summoning dudes, and a campaign thing where basically the other dudes have a serious advantage of like, one asskicker and two backups to trash your main citadel while you started with just one main monster summoner dude and neither turtling nor all out was the way to go, and you could only move into certain hexes . . . I just gave up after a while.

Edit: and now, because DragonNest updated earlier today, "Kawaii Uguu~" has been added to my recommended links. o.O

Yeah bought the bundle, started campaign on Etherlords 1. Second chaot mission is already insane, lvl 7 AI stomping around when I got lvl 3 heroes. Not sure if I even want to deal with this..

The second one is more like Shandalar, you just more or less freely roam around and build deck. Also only one hero / campaign, doesn't reset between missions.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    So, is it like a legendary heroes?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So have we talked about http://www.makewarnotlove.com/ yet?

It's an....interesting promotion.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Anyone know @RoyceX7? Noticing I haven't gotten an acceptance on the friend request/group invite for the gladiator thing. And he hasn't been online on steam in the past 40 days. I did say you didn't need to be present to participate but I was thinking a bit more along the lines of you didn't need to be active and online as the fights happened.
    He's in the rotation for next week, so I may bump his fight to later and swap one up from near the end currently to buy me some more time on reaching out.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Maybe it's the stomach flu or it could be Illuminati Mind Control Lasers but I basically had to buy //N.P.P.D.RUSH// - The milk of Ultra violet the moment I saw it. The impulse was generated in the part of my brain that made me buy Dead Kennedys and Misfits albums back in the 80s.

I don't know what the hell is going on but I can feel it worming its way into my brain. There's no explanations or context, you are just slammed, face first, into a hallucinogenic haze of violence and cyborg junky motorcycle cops called Sockets.

This thing will be panned by most but I think if you take the time to check it out you could find something compulsive about its weird and unruly energy.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Thanks so much to @Berylline for giving me a (Super early!) birthday present of Paper Sorcerer <3

Also super thanks to @DaringDirk for a copy of Love (Once again super early birthday present).

I truly appreciate the classiness of everyone here, but I seriously don't need stuff for my birthday. I've been here for a few years now, and while there are a few people I find lacking, the Ratio of Awesome as fuck People to meh, whatever people is amazingly high. I <3 you all, thanks for the birthday Wishes, and no one needs to get me anything else. I'm good on games. <3

No games? I'll send something else. Promise not to post a bomb. Maybe a little one. Of love <3

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Anyone know @RoyceX7? Noticing I haven't gotten an acceptance on the friend request/group invite for the gladiator thing. And he hasn't been online on steam in the past 40 days. I did say you didn't need to be present to participate but I was thinking a bit more along the lines of you didn't need to be active and online as the fights happened.
    He's in the rotation for next week, so I may bump his fight to later and swap one up from near the end currently to buy me some more time on reaching out.

We communicate for the sheer number of people that get us mixed up and sending me his sweet sweet gifts. He'll be along shortly.

• Options
    Nuclear Dawn
    0I5ZT-N2HDI-MPDHD

Hard reset Extended ed
    4RW92-HA440-LBX70

Air Buccaneers
    L3KRV-LANQ0-Z2JKJ

Zeno Clash 1/2
    ZQH8M-P4CHK-Y3DQI
    QEEPQ-52CQA-LBNVK

Chaser