As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] Fandango

21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short![They/Them]Registered User regular
edited March 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
With bony hands I hold my partner
On soulless feet we cross the floor
The music stops as if to answer
An empty knocking at the door
It seems his skin was sweet as mango
When last I held him to my breast
But now we dance this grim fandango
And will four years before we rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4A-MSQgoI

Friends, let me tell you of one of my favorite games, Grim Fandango.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZUxci9u54

Released in 98, just before the Day of the Dead, Grim Fandango is one of the best adventure games ever. With an amazing noir and art-deco aesthetic, a fantastic soundtrack, smart humor and clever puzzles, it is probably Tim Schafer's Masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkUb1UyiArs

Set in the Mexican land of the dead, it follows the trials and tribulations of Manny Calavera, a reaper whose job it is to bring the souls of the recently deceased and sell them an affordable travel package. Over the course of the game, many things happen. Romance, Excitement, Murder... and Redemption!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i585vrc1v-c

So if you have a chance, try to purchase Grim Fandango. Or, if you have it already, play through it once more. you won't regret it!

Zrpr3Ug.jpg

21stCentury on

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    A new series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle? Oh glory be.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    This OP isn't about poledancing

2/10 very disappoint

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I was up late watching Arrow. I stopped watching at about ep 10 of the first season last year, started over last night.

Why do I do this to myself? 3.5 hours of sleep does not a happy Nova make.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I had a better OP about Grim Fandango in my draft, but it had vanished... :(

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    In 2012, Hillary Clinton, Biden, and Obama chuckled when Romney called Russia our number one geopolitical foe.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    We want to hear more about your stripper in training sister dude not no old ass game

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Editing my masters thesis still, slow going because one of the committee members literally included 5-10 revisions on every single page, including notes like "BECAUSE???" Not really attempting to conceal contempt for me and my work.

What I love is that my advisor also edited this draft. Like, after the fact. After the defense he's handing me back a marked-up copy with new directions I need to go in. Thanks dude, it was super helpful that you held these back until after the defense that was lovely.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    In 2012, Hillary Clinton, Biden, and Obama chuckled when Romney called Russia our number one geopolitical foe.

Conservative radio is our number one geopolitical foe.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    That Grim Fandango puzzle involving the street sign was impossible. You had to point it at the ground and the ground opened up, revealing a secret passage. That's just silly. Designed to sell strategy guides.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    We want to hear more about your stripper in training sister dude not no old ass game

Very well, here are the pictures of my stripper sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2lsUSDTzOA

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular

but i heard on conservative radio that liberal media is our number one geopolitical foe

who am i supposed to believe

That Grim Fandango puzzle involving the street sign was impossible. You had to point it at the ground and the ground opened up, revealing a secret passage. That's just silly. Designed to sell strategy guides.

IIRC, I actually figured that one out by myself...

Elendil wrote: »

but i heard on conservative radio that liberal media is our number one geopolitical foe

Maybe the troof is in the middle

make u think

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i finished firefly and watched serenity

if i had lobbied for serenity, i think i'd probably have regretted it

Twerkin' sister butt is our number one geopolitical foe.

Twerkin' sister butt and lack thereof is our number one geopolitical foe.

The Republican sequester demanded a year delay for Obamacare's implementation because the program wasn't ready yet. The Democrats went ahead with it anyways and destroyed America, reducing the country to cinders.

I liked the part where some movie dudes were claiming serenity was going to be the next Star Wars.

Haha, no man. Just, no.

Serenity was good! You people are insane.

I liked the part where some movie dudes were claiming serenity was going to be the next Star Wars.

Haha, no man. Just, no.

Yeah, like they were going to ruin an excellent series by making a bunch of shitty prequels.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    tell me about your sister 21st

ftOqU21.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    dang it, i just woke up ad i have some things i wanted to say in the closed thread. boo. not earthshaking things but mildly amusing. to me anyway.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    xMyLk.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    serenity was a fine movie but nothing was going to recapture da magic of firefly
    mostly because the magic of firefly was that it got canceled before anything bad or stupid could be made

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    tell me about your sister 21st

I think this is getting a little out of hand. Like 21st's wet dream about his sister tonight.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Man Russia took the Crimea without a shot fired.

At least so far.

I think China needs to learn how to land grab from Russia. Like damn that was masterful and opportunistic. The Chinese look like bullies but the Russians can play the "There are Russians there" card.

Even if it is complete bs and Russia just wants to take back the Crimea.

Poor Kiev really couldn't stand up to the Russian military in a fight. Putin has funneled a good amount of money for the last decade into getting the Russian military out of the shit lord level it was out. I would say it isn't horrible anymore and the Ukrainian military is well below it.

Still, never thought I would see Russia trying to start a WWIII in Europe again.(No one will defend the Ukraine, they be fucked)

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Man.. I don't know what is annoying me more this morning:

Comedy websites that have very few articles per page to increase ad revenue,

or Youtube "ads" that are 25 minutes long, screwing up the autoplay playlists I've been watching unless I catch them and hit skip.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Still, never thought I would see Russia trying to start a WWIII in Europe again.(No one will defend the Ukraine, they be fucked)

http://soepic.pl/stor/items/01ed778f851510c29.gif

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    it is going to be miserable whenever this churrascaria dinner come due.

Athenor wrote: »

or Youtube "ads" that are 25 minutes long, screwing up the autoplay playlists I've been watching unless I catch them and hit skip.

these websites are awful, don't go on them

adblock

there solved your problems

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

adblock

Does adblock do anything with youtube adverts?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    wait

25 minutes?

what the

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Man Russia took the Crimea without a shot fired.

At least so far.

I think China needs to learn how to land grab from Russia. Like damn that was masterful and opportunistic. The Chinese look like bullies but the Russians can play the "There are Russians there" card.

Even if it is complete bs and Russia just wants to take back the Crimea.

Poor Kiev really couldn't stand up to the Russian military in a fight. Putin has funneled a good amount of money for the last decade into getting the Russian military out of the shit lord level it was out. I would say it isn't horrible anymore and the Ukrainian military is well below it.

In the short term, perhaps. But unless they do actually want to start a third world war, they pretty much just ruined any chance at detente with any other state in proximity to them, and just jump started energy independence research to the nth degree.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

adblock

Does adblock do anything with youtube adverts?

yeah

i forget that yt has ads until I have to use someone else's computer

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Tamin wrote: »
    wait

25 minutes?

what the

Yeah.. Youtube decided to stop serving me up Mazda videos or repeat ad nauseum ads for House of Cards, and started giving me IBM vids about "mobile conferences" in Las vegas. First one was 25 minutes, the last one was 10 minutes. I saw all of 5 seconds of that.

I'm currently just chain-watching Crash Course World History while cleaning.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

adblock

You do realize that advertising is what pays for producing all of that content, right?

I wonder if Google gives money to the content producers if people only watch the 5 seconds then click Skip. I know 15-30 second ads can 't be skipped, but anymore it seems like these ungodly long ads keep showing up.

moniker wrote: »

adblock

You do realize that advertising is what pays for producing all of that content, right?

which is why I disable it on sites like PA and Reddit

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I wonder if Google gives money to the content producers if people only watch the 5 seconds then click Skip. I know 15-30 second ads can 't be skipped, but anymore it seems like these ungodly long ads keep showing up.

Total Biscuit talked a little about it. IIRC, he basically said that he gets a small percentage if you don't watch the whole thing.

This discussion has been closed.