Options

[Mass Effect] Is an awesome game. You should play it.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    So I'm considering playing Vanguard on next ME3 playthrough. But I feel like getting in Shotgun and Melee range of Brutes and Banshees on high difficulty level is just like.. asking for misery.

That's what invincibility frames are for.

Also, if you have your allies chuck grenades at a banshee just as she's grabbing you, that's sometimes enough to cancel the animation.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So I'm considering playing Vanguard on next ME3 playthrough. But I feel like getting in Shotgun and Melee range of Brutes and Banshees on high difficulty level is just like.. asking for misery.

Not at all. Just hold back after charging them (instead of forward, like other enemies). They'll do a lame melee attack, and you can just spray them with your shotgun of choice (or Nova) and charge back in (possibly setting off a fire combo).

Combat rolls are recommended to evade a Brute's charge or when fighting multiples though. And watch out for Geth Prime melee attacks. They swing much slower, so the timing's different, otherwise your 2nd charge hits their melee and you lose your shields.

And beware charging near-death turrets, or near generators, since they'll explode and take out your shields. Actually, beware turrets in general; they're probably the most dangerous enemy to ME3 Vanguards.

hippofant on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

that's the problem

ME3 singleplayer doesn't HAVE invincibility frames

i have been killed mid-charge by phantom shots and landed dead. it's ridiculous.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

that's the problem

i have been killed mid-charge by phantom shots and landed dead. it's ridiculous.

??? All my play experience has informed me that Vanguards are invincible during Charge and Nova, with the exception of insta-melee-kills, and the occasional charge over buggy terrain that results in your "falling" to your death.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

that's the problem

??? All my play experience has informed me that Vanguards are invincible during Charge and Nova, with the exception of insta-melee-kills, and the occasional charge over buggy terrain that results in your "falling" to your death.

Singleplayer and multiplayer are different

Shepard can run with the pizza, but she drops if she gets hit hard enough during a charge.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The real problem with SP is that you can't play as a kroguard or equip a batarian gauntlet.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i should try my human claymore build on a vorcha

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Putting my volus adept with shield boost behind a krogan warlord for a match and I do believe I have discovered the ultimate battering ram.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular

Flamer + Claymore is a lot of fun. You can use the Flamer animation to automatically reload the Claymore. Shoot, immediately activate Flamer while the Claymore reloads, and then shoot again.

• Options
    Phoenix138 wrote: »

Flamer + Claymore is a lot of fun. You can use the Flamer animation to automatically reload the Claymore. Shoot, immediately activate Flamer while the Claymore reloads, and then shoot again.
    might have to get used to that

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    The multiplayer is great but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them expand the whole thing into it's own game. More customization, armor, maybe a ship, etc.

They made the whole thing too alluring, now I kind of want a full game with dialogue branches and or maybe just actual quests/stages to gun through.

Thats just me being greedy though.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    The multiplayer is great but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them expand the whole thing into it's own game. More customization, armor, maybe a ship, etc.

They made the whole thing too alluring, now I kind of want a full game with dialogue branches and or maybe just actual quests/stages to gun through.

Thats just me being greedy though.
    They'd have to beef up the experience though. I wouldn't mind going through single player style missions with larger levels. Basically, coop story mode alongside what they already have. Oh, and EA would have to do something about their shitty severs. There's no way I'd pay for just ME3's multiplayer considering connecting to games is a pain in the ass.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't even really think they'd need a story, particularly.

more maps, some more game modes, more guns/classes/powers, I'd pretty much buy that

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options

more maps, some more game modes, more guns/classes/powers, I'd pretty much buy that
    Thats pretty much what I'm getting at.

Something like the N7 missions in ME2, not a lot of story but gets the itch done. I particularly want a game mode that plays more like ME levels but it doesn't need to have a big story or anything.

• Options

It cannot be Mass Effect without heavy story elements. If what you want is all action and zero exposition then there's any number of games that cater to just those tastes.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I've been putting in some time with the Cabal. It makes me sad that I can't play as one in single player.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

It cannot be Mass Effect without heavy story elements. If what you want is all action and zero exposition then there's any number of games that cater to just those tastes.

It'd be cool if they had Mass Effect multiplayer campaigns like how they do The Old Republic group dungeons, where everyone gets a chance at doing dialogue choices.

Although like in TOR, in the multiplayer campaigns you would inevitably get people bitching about folks not skipping all the cutscenes.

• Options
    That's easy to fix, make different game modes for each map. If you've played it and you're sick of seeing the same story again just select "no story mode" and if you're new and want to see the cutscenes or make different choices you select "story mode." Then you go into a lobby and launch the game when there's enough people. Or play solo with AI squadmates. Shit ain't hard to address if you're thinking outside the WOW-box.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular

that's the problem

This does not make me confident in playing Vanguard on Insanity :(

• Options
    Eh, I only died a few times to charging-into-sync-kills on my ME3 Insanity Vanguard playthrough.

After doing so much MP it felt like easy-mode, honestly.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    SP Insanity enemies are maybe silver in MP. It's pretty sillky.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Psh. Insanity Vanguard in ME3 isn't a big deal. If you're competent in MP, you'll be fine. Extra fine if you ran Vansanity in ME2, since that was way more of a PITA.

Insanity in ME3 is the easiest of the three games.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Insanity in ME1 was more boring than anything.

• Options
    Getting ready to do some MP with Dhalphir. Drop on by and such.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Fixed up my computer. Wasn't a fried card, was just the drivers being weird. Used a 3rd party utility to wipe out every graphics card driver ever in safe mode, turned off some stuff that people said were causing the problems I've been having, reinstalled latest drivers.

Voila.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_TIptTAoMA&feature=youtu.be

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Garrus is a pretty princess.
    (spoiler because big)
    tumblr_mgtdk4a4wi1s3f5eao1_1280.jpg

Orca on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Fixed up my computer. Wasn't a fried card, was just the drivers being weird. Used a 3rd party utility to wipe out every graphics card driver ever in safe mode, turned off some stuff that people said were causing the problems I've been having, reinstalled latest drivers.

Voila.

I... that...

You are not supposed to have a Mako there, Morninglord!

You are supposed to cheese the hell out of the fight by abusing soft cover gawd

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zoom in when shooting with the mako if you want it to actually hit things

good luck with the upcoming krogan B)

• Options
    That krogan is of clan Kick Ass.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Now if you can get the mako to the krogan fight...

• Options

Voila.

I remember figuring that out on my second playthrough. It turns out you don't get anywhere near the same amount of exp when killing things with the mako. So I immediately reloaded and killed everything on foot.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Voila.

I... that...

You are not supposed to have a Mako there, Morninglord!

You are supposed to cheese the hell out of the fight by abusing soft cover gawd
    Sun Tzu wrote:
    And if we are able thus to attack an inferior force with a superior one, our opponents will be in dire straits.

But in all seriousness I did it because it was funny.
    Orca wrote: »
    That krogan is of clan died like a chump.

I'm a Vanguard. I brought Wrex.
    Krogan was meatsauce in all of ten seconds.

Putting that aside, I don't really care too much about playing this game properly. I've already gotten through most of it before.
    I'm just going through it because I'm on a Vision Quest.

It's called "Morninglord is finally going to play motherfucking Mass Effect 2"

Any obstacle that gets in my way I'm going to obliterate by any means necessary. :)

I'm not really even paying attention to what I say most of the time. I'm just slamming the paragon button whenever it comes up and laughing at my guy being a supercilious dickwad to everyone.

To that end I have a question.

I'm not doing any sidequests I don't have to.

Which sidequests carry meaningful consequences into ME2?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Loyalty missions.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Loyalty missions.

That's ME2 to ME3.

There aren't many sidequests I can think of that carry meaningful consequences from ME1 -> ME2.

Some characters will have one or two lines of dialogue extra.

• Options
    ME1 has Loyalty missions, but they're not labeled as such.

Tali: Armstrong Cluster - the Geth Outposts mission with the "hidden" base. She wants the data for her people.
    Garrus: Dr. Heart mission
    Wrex: Dat Family Armor
    Kaidan: Biotic Cult, unless he's not surviving Virmire.
    Liara: Noveria, but you go there regardless.
    Ashley: No idea, which doesn't matter if she's not surviving Virmire.

But go to the Moon when that mission pops, because upon completion, it gives Shepard her sub-class.

sig.gif
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    There are a few side quests that have random people. A lot of random choices seem to have minor impacts on the ME3 war score thing that doesn't matter.

There's an asari on the citadel who has drug-related missions. She'll be on Omega. You can meet the abortion/eugenics mini quest people on the Citadel. Conrad Verner on the Citadel...

Basically your best option is to avoid all of the "Collect or talk to X number of Y" quests, because they don't do anything.

• Options
    Now if you can get the mako to the krogan fight...

You can, there is a console command for it. It's also the best way to travel the wards.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    There are a few side quests that have random people. A lot of random choices seem to have minor impacts on the ME3 war score thing that doesn't matter.

There's an asari on the citadel who has drug-related missions. She'll be on Omega. You can meet the abortion/eugenics mini quest people on the Citadel. Conrad Verner on the Citadel...

Basically your best option is to avoid all of the "Collect or talk to X number of Y" quests, because they don't do anything.

Those Matriarchs writing will come in handy mark my words

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    How handy?

Make a fight easier handy or an actual consequence?

When should I do the big crew talk a thon? I'll probably just stop and do it all at once at some point. Usually in a bioware game they all unlock their quests after a certain point in the game. Is it like that here?
    If so I'll just whine and dine and sweet talk my crew in one big morale boosting tour at that point.

• Options
    It... doesn't exactly work like that.

Virmire (which, spoiler, is not endgame) is kind of a big deal with your two human squadmates and Wrex. How you deal with them up to that point is important.

sig.gif