Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    I've been thinking a lot about dice rolls.

I want to make something between Tiny and [%], and I've just been mulling over the particular dice roll for it for a few weeks now. I've been doing this because I want something interesting, something fun. I mean, in any RPG, you're going to be rolling dice a lot, and I figure that should be at least a somewhat entertaining process, right?

Right now I'm looking at d4s, 'cause nobody ever uses the little guys, and I think you could do something with them.

Just sitting here on my day off, thinking about nonstandard ways you could read 3d4s.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    make greataxe happen, DE?AD

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I believe in you

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Oh, that's on my list, definitely.

I got plans.

• Options
    oh my, I felt a chill

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    There should be a lot of news coming out in the next couple of months, assuming everything develops as it should.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Also, I feel like Great Axe requires a lot of art to make the joke work.

Gem-Encrusted Great Axe of Civility (2d12 vs. Diplomatic Issues) is funny on paper, but needs an image to really send it home.

• Options
    It will be like Heavy Metal without the weird sexual fantasies

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Also, I feel like Great Axe requires a lot of art to make the joke work.

Gem-Encrusted Great Axe of Civility (2d12 vs. Diplomatic Issues) is funny on paper, but needs an image to really send it home.

Like a bas relief on each side of the axe of someone sensibly dressed in diplomatic uniform and holding an olive branch. One side is a beefy dude and the other a busty woman, because it's still axe-art.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    When Dubh and I originally conceived the thing, the basic conceit was that all true power comes from Great Axes.

Character creation consisted of rolling 2d12 (representing the Great God Axe cutting your free from the Before Life), which would randomly generator your peasant form. There were no stats involved, just cosmetic elements.

Then you'd choose your starting Great Axe. When holding a Great Axe, a peasant would become mightily thewed, ripped of beef, and bulging of sinew. The level of the Great Axe determined the degree to which they were embiggened.

All non-Great-Axe-holding enemies and objects would have, at most, 8 HP.

If you were disarmed, you'd revert to your peasant form until you could regain your Great Axe or find a new one.

There was going to be a whole upgrade system that you'd explore as you leveled your Great Axe. You could customize its hilt, head, pommel, crest, etc. A Great Axe with a Livingoak Hilt, for instance, noted its wielder as a friend to nature, and its blade could then cut through the binds that would free animals and plants to attack your enemies. A Great Axe with a Shadowsilver Head might allow its wielder to destroy the image of himself in enemies eyes.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    So Bonesaw with a similar powering up sequence

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i was thinking more like Val Halen from Dexter's Lab but with a literal axe instead of a guitar

• Options
    YOUR AXE IS SMALL AND PUNY

LIKE IT WAS SHAT OUT OF A HORSE

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    YOUR AXE IS SMALL AND PUNY

LIKE IT WAS SHAT OUT OF A HORSE

HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH THE NAME OF HORSSDU'UNG, MIGHTY AXE OF THE SHETGAR CLAN

• Options
    I feel like these two barbarians are about to fuck

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I did more dust drawings

D_XVbLHFbPJHo79d2SQmLwmo4S_TxHMOT-F37yHpUppp6HCWgbw1ATKAOPYadwwBM1XVv5x2MWNuJkkdk6viwVyjGCnJ=s400

Im not at liberty to say what it is though

And no I totally didnt use a Final Fantasy 14 mage as a base nope

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like these two barbarians are about to fuck

Universally true.

• Options
    The makeshift band of investigators make their way to Owens bar, intent on figurin out who caused the fire. They enter, and are greeted by the sight of….

*Snap*

Boy. You were dozin off. Is my story borin you? It’s understandable, this is a tad less exciting than a shootout with them drunken Spits. I understand, but I can’t go skippin to the story of Samson the Grand Buffalo without getting ya invested in the characters first. Ill speed it up a little, prologues can be a bit of a drag.

Morse’s gut feelin was correct. It ain’t Owen who set fire to the crop. No, he was as fumin mad as everyone else. But soon as you show him that there bottle, the fury subsides for a look of pain.

He says he knows exactly who bought it. Walt McVey, came in sometime last week and bought several crates, said he was just stalkin up. Owen didn’t think nothing of it, sometimes a man’s just got to forget. Walt was a friend, came in often, paid well, complained about life. Just like every other customer. Said he lived on a farm outside a town, lived out there all alone with his cattle.
    And with that the gang decided to pay Walt a visit.

Farm was the same as the rest. Nice large farmhouse in the center, sheds and equipment scattered about, and one man who needs a stern talking to somewhere inside.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Also dukes one arm guy is along because not being able to do stuff sucks

Edit: Also, if people wanted to mysteriously appear in the posse to fill the holes @Kilroy and @Tommy2Hands left in my heart that would be awesome

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Oh no the group told him something was up, somebody set up the spits, and now he's at the forefront ready to behead a guy

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Hey @DE?AD what do you use for drawing?

Im tired of drawing on a tiny tiny ipod screen

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Dr. Samuel D'imirius[Charlatan +1][Doctor? +1]

Samuel saunters up to the front door and knocks on it with his cane.

• Options
    [Dom José Marcos Sempavor de Évora do Ouro (Zezé)] [Fiery +1][Noble +1][One Arm]
    I: Cavalry Sabre

José, with a grim look in his eyes, lays down the lantern he carried over in his arm on the porch. Unscrewing the lamp he begins to sprinkle the oil over the porch and walls around the door. The splatters were not leaving a stained mess, the obvious hint of what he just did being the smell of oil in the air outside. With his task done breaks his silence by slamming the door with his good fist.

"Seu cabrão! Get out here McVey!"

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Hey, I know that people paying money for Twitter followers/Facebook likes is a thing, but does anyone know if the same can be said for following others on Twitter?

I ask, because I've recently been getting a bunch of email notices of suspect followers to the account I've barely ever used. It just seems odd to me.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    just a heads up that i'm not bein' lazy re: machination

i'm just waitin' on somethin' special i need for the next update

• Options
    Hey @DE?AD what do you use for drawing?

Im tired of drawing on a tiny tiny ipod screen

last I checked he used a computer

with a mouse

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I mean yeah

But what program does he use

Because photoshop could buy me a year at college and gimp is clunky as fuck

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    mglX8ik9ln4lJy0FdJT_IsT_x9xZECFQH9lblXzvRf1JprcXVT-PZ2ppnw4b0K4HEUSQL4dc8OQzEHKIykp3k2IWU5VQ=s400

Its similar to the last one, but facing the opposite direction. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Probably the last artsy fartsy dust post

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Last I checked, they've been giving out Photoshop cs2 for dang free.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Like, officially.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I mean yeah

illustrator, I think

he's probably gonna answer all this anyway but I'm bored so whatevs

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I mean yeah

illustrator, I think

he's probably gonna answer all this anyway but I'm bored so whatevs

And if you want a free alternative to Illustrator, I can vouch for Inkscape.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    I hope you horrible lot posted a lot of ascend posts while I was on my trip to England.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    I posted.

I could post again pretty easily though.

• Options
    Dux wrote: »
    I hope you horrible lot posted a lot of ascend posts while I was on my trip to England.

Ehhhh heh heh heh....

I'm gonna need to post in every game when I get back from work tonight.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    I posted.

I could post again pretty easily though.

I can always depend on you.

• Options
    oh hi it's a Dux

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    AHAHAHAHA WORK WAS AWFUL PLEASE KILL ME

Jin Sakurai Greed, Fame, Safety
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {IcePick; Asi Augment; Corporate Spy} {Unspent Token}

Jin sits down next to the classy lady and says, "Understandable. Hacking's not much fun for anyone who isn't the hacker. On the bright side, though, this hacker seems to me more interested in...'artistry,' let's say, than doing any harm." He chuckles and points at one of the monitors. "Plus, that actually is a nice screensaver. Would be very soothing, if not for the excess fog."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    so my main computer's video card is cookin' along at twice the temperature it should be

while idling

with a boosted up fan speed

Miss me? Find me on: