Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I can imagine slaughter houses having level 1 bane weapons for the various types of cattle they process, to make the killing just little quicker and more humane.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Would I be able to get a Bane: Equipment enchantment? Like not disarming but for chance to ruin equipment struck by a weapon (or its ammo)?

I'd guess that to be at least a level 2

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Hhhm, combat would be really weird in a world where you can put a spell on you hammer to make it turn shields into splinters in an instant. Maybe a move like this.

When your magic weapon clashes with the object is was made to destroy Roll+STR
    10+: Choose 2
    7-9: Choose 1
    -You have magically degraded their weapon*
    -You deal your damage
    -You are not counterattacked

*If it's breakable you destroy it and if it's not, all damage roll made with that weapon suffer a -3 penalty

Also a weapons can only hold a single enchantment. With the exception of like staffs and wands.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    So, under that move, level 1 might be armour bane or weapon bane, while level 2 might be specific types?

Or perhaps base level is 2 and the types is 3

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Exotic Weapons;
    Dragoon's Spear - Reach, 2 piercing, 150 coins, 2 weight
    Grants you the ability Lunge. You can leap to any nearby location.
    When you hurl yourself at a nearby creature, roll+STR.
    *On 10+, deal you damage and choose 2. *On a 7-9 deal your damage and choose:
    • Deal +1d4 damage
    • You don't hurt yourself or put yourself in harm's way
    • You bowl the target over

Wizard's Staff
    - close, two-handed, 125 coin, 2 weight, 2 enchantments slots
    Holds three level 1 spells, or one level 3 spell. When you release a spell stored on the staff, roll+INT.
    ✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.
    ✴ On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
    • You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    • The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you recharge or re-calibrate your pells.
    • After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you recharge your spells.
    • The spell goes out control.
    Blasting Rod - dangerous, magical, two-handed, 150 coin, 2 weight, 2 enchantments slots
    Contains the spell Fireblast. When you release a spell stored on the staff, roll+INT. You evoke a mighty ball of flame that shoots forth and explodes. Enveloping your target and everyone nearby, inflicting 2d6 damage which ignores armor.
    ✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast choose 2.
    ✴ On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose only one:
    • Add forceful to your attack, throwing the enemy back
    • Add messy to your attack, leaving a lasting wound to them
    • Add smolder to your attack, distracting flames make the next -6 rolled against this foe count as 7-9

heXtablet - Magical, 100 coin, 0 weight
    Holds three level 1 spells, or one level 3 spell. When you release a spell stored on the staff, roll+INT.
    ✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.
    • You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    • The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you recharge or re-calibrate your pells.
    • After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you recharge your spells.

heXbook
    - Magical, 150 coin, 0 weight
    Able to hold 3 books. Expend one book to get +1 to a Spout Lore roll.
    Holds three level 1 spells, or one level 3 spell. When you release a spell stored on device, roll+INT.
    So, under that move, level 1 might be armour bane or weapon bane, while level 2 might be specific types?

Getting a Bane -3 debuff, to a particular weapon would be pretty hard. Because weapons don't have blood and stuff.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I meant in terms of cost or something like that. Eh, that's my brain trying to overcompensate on potential balance issues

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yeah no problem, you're right on. I'll probably keep the cost the same as a regular bane because of the narrowness of it's usefulness.

~ The Thirsty Mole ~
    Exequiel Tidewell is currently working as Sound Tech Guy for MAGE. Word on the street is he spends most of his time at the amphitheater working out all the kinks for the presenters and performers. Which seems odd to Atomos because back at Conservatory Tidewell was a bit of an "eccentric" even among their art school peers.

~ The Thirsty Mole ~
    Stuff Aziz knows because he's The Druid.

Spirits are entities driven by hunger for Essence. Everything in the world has a spiritual reflection — not just physical objects such as trees or mountains, but strong emotions and significant events as well. The only thing that lacks this reflection is humanity itself, but the actions and passions of humankind provide a bounty of Essence for ravenous throngs of spirits. The home realm of spirit goes by many names such as the Spirit Realm, The Primal Wilds, or the Shadow.

Spirits are defined by a matter and a motive. Example; temple's Fire Guardian; their Matter is Fire and it's Motive is to protect. Or a Spirit made of Malice who's motive is to decay. Most common spirits are simple creatures, only able to composed of one matter or motive. Stronger older spirits do exist, but anyone with the skill reach them is wise enough to know why doing so is a dumb idea.
    Normally I'd require a roll to discern realities about this Tiger Spirit but since you are in relatively safe space,

The spirit before Aziz has a Matter: Feline (Duh) meaning it is predominantly made of cat-ness. It's twin motives are Destroy arcane magic users! as well as Cut/Tear/Sever/Rip, however those are currently being suppressed by Motive: Serve Zakuya Halash.

It seems uninterested in everything, including you.

Sorry folks with no interest in either magic or spirits.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    More hard and fast rules.
    Each day you have enough time to take up to two actions and one assist. Based on how that goes there will be an uptime version with like fights and stuff?

So you could say;
    Spend the morning asking ALONDRA for info on THE IMPERATORS. You gain 3 pieces of information related to The Imperators!
    Assist ASH in investigating by PUNCHING FOOLS. You feel yourself growing closer to ASH. Bond +1.
    Spend the evening training by PUNCHING FOOLS. You gain 1 xp.
    You spend time STEALING SHIT, and gain 30 gold!
    NeoToma wrote: »

The next section you can level up, purchase items (coming soon), and pick how you are going to spend your first full day in the city.
    • You can Investigate an Area. (Roll wis)
    • Do research in the library. (Roll Int)
    • Shake down some leads for information. (Roll Cha)

All of these will give you holds you can use in the night phase when acting on that information gathered.
    (Like say you go to the library to research Weird Magic and get 10+. You'll get three facts, and when using that info in the night phase, get +1 for any relevant thing related to those three facts.)
    • Earn some money using your skills (Applicable stat )
    • Assist someone in their goal. (Applicable stat) Allowing you to auto-resolve one bond on a 10+ success.
    • Train with a group (Baro - the arcane bandits, Anyone - Alondra, ????? - You name it?) for either an xp or new ability
    • Go to Cordy and make a deal with a demon.

Folks you know in town you could talk with:
    • Alondra
    • Arcane Bandits (Baro and Tacitus)
    • Random Wizards in town
    • The avatar made of light guarding Quentin's wing of the Tower of Discovery.
    • The Imperators.
    • Symone, the Raven Reporter.
    • Thomas Burr, the carriage guy.
    • The priest at the Temple of the Cordial Composer
    • Sister of the Doormaiden, Warlock, Tender of the Golden root, and general shady person Cordy.
    • Those urban cat-druids

At the end of all this I'll have two missions, or an event, or something else entirely! All depending on how all your rolls go. You'll be able to use the info gathered from this downtime to help in whatever happens at the end of the first day.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I am FIRE and I exist to PROTECT

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I am FIRE and I exist to PROTECT

Oh geez, I was wondering why that Matter/Motive setup sounded so familiar.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Aziz Light /Human Druid /Vision quest: Wolf/ L2 / HP: 11/19 / Armor: 1 / DMG D6 / XP: 01

"This spirit creature has two motives, to attack and to kill magic users, both of which arecurrently being suppressed." Aziz looks into Zakuya's eyes. "A dangerous situation, in my opinion. I fought two cats on my own, though this was in the spirit-world, both of which were messing with Boopsie. I do not know their motives but there is definitely something wrong here. I believe we should seek out the druids of the city, though..." Aziz sighs, shaking his head. "They do not like me. Their leader helped me save Boopsie but died in the process."

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Zakuya Halash | L2 | Elf Fighter - Duelist | HP 22/22 | XP 01 | DMG D10 | AR 2 :whistle:

"Druids can be so unfair like that," Zakuya sympathizes. "Who the hell is Boopsie?"

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Lockrin Stonemauler | L2 | Dwarven Ranger - Commando, Cleric of The Stout | HP 21/21 | XP 03 | DMG D8 | AR 1
    Rotes: Light, Sanctify, Guidance
    Spells:

"Look to your left."

To his left, a huge, surprisingly stealthy bear with a frightening look was sipping on fruit juice. Looking at him.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Zakuya Halash | L2 | Elf Fighter - Duelist | HP 22/22 | XP 01 | DMG D10 | AR 2 :whistle:

"Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my. What a wonderful city." Zakuya knocks back the rest of his drink, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Sure, I'm in. Let's go find these pissed off druids of yours. It's been a while since someone tried to shillelagh my kneecaps."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Also if there's an Class Ability relevant to what you're gonna do throw it out as well.

Like since Lockrin can talk to stone now, if he wants to interview some rock/stone/earth types spirits go ahead

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Oh okay, so I can use that dwarf cleric thing? Cool, good to know.

I've been striking out the rotes and spell section of my character bio, because I haven't yet Communed for the day. In case you were wondering.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    | Tacitus | L1 | Dog Paladin - Bernese Holy Dog | HP 14/25 | XP 01 | DMG D10 | AR 3

Haggard and bleeding, weak and trembling, Tacitus wanders through the city streets. Even a district in a tier of this place is far more people than he had ever seen in his life until recently. At least, until a month ago. Navigating streets turns into browsing memories of this journey. Of similar homes, squalor lives, plagued bodies and desperate denizens. Cries for a savior. And a fool that thought himself as one. His concentration on sour memories distracts from the world turning black.

Where is Tacitus Found?

Geth, roll 1d3

1. A local clinic for the Red Diamond
    2. The sage protection of an old street man who seems to know more about Ekasiligium
    3. The dredges of Ekasiligium, the lowest of the low

I will let Neo Toma set the scene from there

1d3 2 [1d3=2]

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ~ ????? ~:whistle:

Tacitus awakes to sounds of a crackling fire and the smell of nice a meaty stew. He's on top of a pile of old sheets fashioned into a makeshift pet bed, bandaged and feeling far better than he did the night before.

"Sorry about the lodging friend. My brother's place. He never did care much for fancy trappings," a familiar voice says from the next room.

Calling this place a hovel would be an insult to hovels. Two of this room's four walls are sheets of metal being held up by diagonal planks of wood. Behind him, light pours through the cracks between these walls and the ivy covered brick wall behind him. The ceiling is nothing more than a crudely patched sheet, not to different from the ones he's sleeping on. Opposite of the brick wall is a wooden wall with a door shaped hole cut in it. The voice is in that outer room with the fire and a pot of stew.

There's also a bowl of stew set out for the red diamond dog.

"You would've liked him." A tinge of sadness. "Always disappearing weeks on end, crawling back home a bloody and wild mess." He sighs.

The Paladin's armor and weaponry has been polished and repaired. It's set near broad-chested man sized armor not too dissimilar from Tacitus' own.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    | Tacitus | L1 | Dog Paladin - Bernese Holy Dog | HP 14/25 | XP 01 | DMG D10 | AR 3

Warm homely feelings defy this patchwork home of filth and kindness. Tacitus sniffs at the air to greet homely aromas wafting though a familiar shack. Suspicions of deja-vu tickle his mind, yet he has never been here before. It's this kindness an old master showed a freezing half-blind lone puppy years ago. The smells of the mountain are gone, but its compassion lingers.

Tacitus stirs from his rest, ignoring the temptation of the food bowl, to amble towards his caretaker.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    So, after the discussion, For one action, I believe Aziz is gonna talk to the urban-cat druids about the ...angry spirits affecting the city?

So that's CHA. Lockrin or Zakuya could probably assist if they wanted to, as Aziz has a -1.

geth roll 2d6-1 talk to urban-cats about spirits

talk to urban-cats about spirits:
    2d6-1 7 [2d6=6, 2]

• Options
    I think for his second action, he might want to train with them as well, if that would be possible, which it might not be since they don't like him.

• Options
    Lockrin's cha ain't too great either.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Zakuya's got a "way" with words, and no other plans.

(Hilarious)

Assist Aziz:
    1d10+2 4 [1d10=2]

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    wait, why did you roll 1d10?

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Look when Zakuya is negotiating he's damn well gonna roll his damage die.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Gosh I want to run the sprawl.

• Options
    Aziz succeeds...somewhat.
    Choose one.
    - They are standoffish and only give you 1 hold instead of 3
    - You get 3 holds, but I advance a clock

• Options
    I'm going to gain one hold and then use that to train with them at night. Is that how that works?

• Options
    Cool, give me that training roll.

• Options
    Okay, but do I get any information about the spirits?

Is this training roll just 2d6+1?

geth roll 2d6+1 train with druids

train with druids:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=6, 2]

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    CLOCKS!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    CLOCKS!

Clocks, ticks, lol?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

((((((((((thesprawl.exe))))))))))))

Welcome to The City.

In the Heights live the wealthy, in skyscraper penthouses far above the Trash. They travel by personal hover-limos, zipping through the air. CEO’s have meetings in elaborate conference rooms, take sky-cruises, sip champagne, make deals to make themselves richer. The corporations talk, bicker, fight, trade, all to gain more wealth, more power. They back stab, undermine, steal and kill.

The government's been reduced to just another private company, struggling to help the less fortunate but eking out a meager existence only because the corporations feel no need to squash them. With a meager force, they try to enforce the laws but the truth is they only do so when some or another corporation allows them to, when it benefits them.

The Trash is ground-level, full of the homeless and down-trodden, living among the dirty streets full of trash and refuse. People scrabble together lives, rummaging through the muck dropped by the ones who live above. The alleys are dark, the buildings all around blocking out the sun. There’s no law down here, no reason to police the voiceless and powerless. Small-time gangs run hoods, deal drugs, fight. Housing’s cheap but the definition of meager. Still, you need to lie low from the Feds or maybe the CokeHeads? No better place if you don’t mind a little danger.

Mid-level is where the ‘middle class’ exists, if they can be called middle class. Programmers, scientists, engineers, the ones who build the things the corporations need live here. There’s nice apartments, condominiums, and public transportation to various hubs. Mid-level is also where the public spaces are, public parks held inside buildings, little Transport-Pods that’ll take you anywhere for a price, Java-Fills, restaurants, small-time businesses (usually owned by some corporation or another), etc. Neon signs promote seedy establishments that reside in between the Trash and Mid-level, dive bars and stripclubs.

Throughout all this lies The Wild, the Net, the Landfill, whatever you wanna call it, but most call it the Wild. Where the Wild Things Roam. Nearly everyone’s jacked into it at all times and is free to turn it on, visually or not. Most people keep it on 24/7. Remember Google Glass? Pathetic. In The Wild, you can do anything. You can view the world with information at your fingertips, data streaming, providing information for whatever you’re looking at or hearing, or touching, or smelling. Smell something and want to know what it is? It’ll pop “on screen” before you realized you wanted to know, as well as the fact that its coming from that person’s plate of enchiladas over there. Of course you're also gonna get 30-40 pop up advertisements, neon and screaming for your attention, though most have some sort of ad-blocker. In The Wild, if you know how to look, you can also see computer systems, networks, great big webs protected by ICE, Corporation’s precious data there for the taking, if you can get inside. If the ICE doesn’t kill you or make you brain-dead or set Goons with guns on your tail.

Here there be Dragons. Security systems. A corporation is nothing without protection of its data, security is not a thing to be taken lightly. Viruses that will burn your brain out.

Here lies opportunity, if you’re good enough.

And you are. You’re a Pro. Wars are bad for business and Corporations fight through mercs, professionals, expendable hires to take, disable or sabotage the competition. Corps scrabble for more power, more money while the destitute fight over remnants of overcrowded public housing, fulfilling min-wage jobs that corporations haven’t bothered replacing with robots yet.

Into this world you live, fight and scrap for a decent existence. The only way up is to Take Jobs that might as likely get you killed as paid. Corporations like nothing better than to save money.

It’s a cold hard world but fuck it, you’re a pro, a bad ass. You got the Gear and you got the Skills and You got the Implants so you might as well make your goddamn way in this chromed-up cyber-hell where you can fucking flourish.

You’re going to hack, kill, infiltrate, steal and work your way to a better goddamn existence.

If you want to join:
    Step 0:
    Create a Corporation with a Name and a Focus(and more if you’d like)

Step 1: Choose a playbook
    The Driver drives.
    The Fixer hooks people up.
    The Hacker hacks.
    The Hunter finds people.
    The Infiltrator gets into places.
    The Killer kills.
    The Pusher pushes their agenda on others. They want to change the world.
    The Reporter exposes the truth.
    The Soldier is a tactician and makes plans.
    The Tech makes, breaks, and repairs Gear.

Step 2: Choose name/handle and description.

Step 3: Assign +2, +1, +1, +0, +0, -1 to Style, Edge, Cool, Mind, Meat, Synth

Step 4:
    Choose Cyberware from playbook, then answer 2 questions:
    Why? Choose One: prosthetic, forced, loyalty, enthusiasm, necessity, junkie, genetics, career, ideology, memory, military

How? Choose One:
    You did it yourself. Pick one tag and add it to your cyberware: +unreliable, +substandard, +hardware decay, +damaging
    Someone else paid for it. You’re +owned. Who owns you?
    You fucked someone over for it. You’re +hunted. Who did you double cross?

Step 5: Choose playbook moves

Step 6: Choose Gear from playbook, note that you start with 5 Cred

Step 7: Background + Contacts: Make a brief note about the circles you came from, you will be able to create contacts from those in play.

Step 8: Choose Directives from playbook

If anyone's interested. Don't feel bad if nobody is, I know Gloss isn't as active as it once was and I understand. If you need information because you don't own the book, I can provide the basics, enough to know your moves and such. Just ask.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'll do a character later, along with continue my stuff in NeoGame, but I had to do this.
    MEGALIXER Corporation has been utilizing the latest in pico-technology to deliver Soft Drinks that do everything from grant temporary increases in personal characteristics (strength, stamina, intelligence, etc) to mending many types of trauma (may cause horrific scarring and/or internal organ damage if ingested without additive nutritional paste, sold separately). Needless to say, they are all at least a little addictive.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    gimmie a little time because if this a thing
    I. Love. Cyberpunk.

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Yes yes yes

• Options
    edited July 2016
    @Cheeseliker is there a playbook from which we can find these Directives, Moves and Cyberwear?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    So, each Playbook (i.e. Driver, Fixer, etc.) has their own moves, directives and cyberwear. If you ask about a playbook, I can list that stuff or perhaps PM it? I don't want to just paste a bunch of the rulebook here though because I'm unsure about legality and such...?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I'll provide more information in a day or two. Happy to see interest!

Cheeseliker on