As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    ...thesprawl.exe...
    ...MegaCity.exe...

THE SKIES

If you thought the Heights were where the epitome of the wealthy and powerful lived and worked, think again. Beyond the sky-scraping towers, the towering behemoths, the massive monoliths, are the gigantic floating barges, sky-cruises that block out the sun and skies, ever floating far above the city, the Movers and Shakers of the biggest Corps looking down on the citizens of the city below. These people take luxury-class ships to other barges to meet, drink, make deals, party, and do business. Extreme luxury, capitalism, sleek, beautiful, gaudy, excessive. Up here if where the Real Decisions are made, far above the plebians below.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Let me try some thread necromancy

Atomos Cleary | L1 | Human Bard - Conservatory | HP 19/19 | XP 05 | DMG D6 | AR 1 :whistle:

~ The Thirsty Mole ~

Oh, Ezequiel. Indeed! Atomos sends word to meet him for drinks, late, at the Cordial Composer's temple. He's fairly certain that even if the other clerics cared, they would get well over it given enough pints of brew.

The bard arrives at the Thirsty Mole just as his traveling companions leave with a sinewy looking elf. After a half hour of musing, he calls for the attention of the patrons. He takes a seat at the bar proper and leans his back ever so slightly on the counter, producing his lute and beginning to play.

Let me divulge a tale
    Unique but of many
    Of men landed and seaborne
    That came to a beach
    At New Portsmouth town

It starts at an end
    A battle was won
    Gilled elves on the run
    But he still strode forward

The tide streamed and surged
    An influx of sea
    Led by a towering breaker
    With a crushing melody
    But he still waded onward

Diving into the waves, beginning to swim
    Met by ferocity of sea
    Gilled elves made predator
    Strange spirits and species
    Cut flesh, bite limbs, tear into pieces
    Yet he still struggled unbound

Battered and harmed
    But with the elf leader in arm
    He returned to New Portsmouth town

Look for the man with barnacles beared
    On a steady, weathered arm
    And you’ll see that he is still around

He lingers very briefly afterwards, then turns and goes to his room. A few hours sleep will do him good with the night he's got planned.

Idea is basically to use the aid action to help Aziz with the notoriety of a song, Neo deciding exactly how and when Aziz is aided. Next actions will be meeting Exequiel and communing with the Cordial Composer (taking up both action slots for the day). Neo can decide what Atomos needs to spend on booze for the sacrificial rites.

Geth roll 2d6+2 for druidic ditty (CHA)

druidic ditty:
    2d6+2 12 [2d6=6, 4]

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    That was awesome!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Thanks guys! It's the final form of spending short amounts of time doing actual work on the song following and preceding long bouts of procrastination, ending in me saying screw it and staying up super late in a writing frenzy after it had gone on for a month.

Also gotta roll for hitting up Ezequiel for information.

Geth roll 2d6+2 for talk to Ezequiel (CHA)

talk to Ezequiel (CHA):
    2d6+2 6 [2d6=2, 2]

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Sorry I've also been bad with updating my game. My Ac unit went out, and was super expensive to replace between jobs, so I haven't had a phone or internet for a while. Thankfully I finally seem to be getting my back unemployment I wasn't getting for the last month so hopefully things will return to normal soon.

• Options
    :bro:

Best of luck man, glad to hear you're not roasting out where you are (somewhere in the midwest IIRC? Seems like a tough place to lose AC).

On a personal level, I'm glad to hear it's a RL thing and not that you lost interest.

• Options
    poke. yall get on those Directives, now, ya hear?

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I am drowning in work and events and work related events at the moment but I would be utterly lying if I said that this wasn't on my mind

to the whole thread and especially cheese i apologize for my laziness

I will absolutely do my best to have stuff written up by the end of the week

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    "Counts as a Small Gang" is such a good move

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I am drowning in work and events and work related events at the moment but I would be utterly lying if I said that this wasn't on my mind

to the whole thread and especially cheese i apologize for my laziness

I will absolutely do my best to have stuff written up by the end of the week

The bolder is me. I have no excuse

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    No need to apologize guys, these are friendly reminders, nothing more. Directives could be filled in later, when you have a better handle on your character.

• Options
    Ok everything is stablized and I'm back. Gonna make a recap post then resolve your actions, if you haven't decided what you want to do, you got a little time.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Corp: Little Company of Saint Augustine

The Tech, Zel Khan, M.D.
    Style: 0 Edge: 0 Cool: +2 Mind: +1 Meat: -1 Syth: +1

Eyes: [Artificial]
    Face: [Expressive]
    Body: [Lithe]
    Style: [Sterile]
    Skin: [Vaguely Mediterranean]

Gear:
    Ђ Holdout pistol (2-harm hand/close discreet quick reload loud)
    Ђ Gas Grenades (s-harm near area reload gas)
    Ђ Armoured clothing (0-armour, +discreet, subtract 1 when rolling the harm move)
    Ђ Trauma Derms (allows you to apply first aid to characters at 2100 or less harm)
    Ђ Encrypted jamming communications relay
    Ђ Cyberdeck [?]

Tech:
    Ђ Cyberarm with Implant Tools: [prosthetic][owned]
    Ђ Cybereyes: [career]

Splicer: You are an Expert in Cybermodification. You begin with one extra piece of cyberware.
    Breadboarder: Expert in computers and stuff. You have a Cyberdeck with 5 points of ratings and a number of programs = Processor rating+1.
    Customizer: you can identify and examine new or complicated technology related to your area of expertise and modify technology you are familiar with. When you try to modify a piece of tech, tell the MC what you want to do and discuss what tags or game effect the mods will have. The MC will tell you requirements in terms of Time, Tools, Parts, Help from Contacts, More Research.

Feats:
    Divisive Interests

Directives:
    Proselytizing: "Hubris is a slur intended to keep the masses from truly achieving their greatest potential. Personal ambition is the truest path to prosperity."
    Protective: When you put your responsibility to the Medicine ahead of the mission, mark XP

I still need a job that Caulk and I worked on, right?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Yes. Specifically, what Corp you ran it against and what the job was.

• Options
    Hey guys.

sup?

• Options
    Factions!
    Captain of the Imperators - wants to seize control of the city, currently using Atomos to this end.
    Spirit Cats - Want to kill wizards, been showing up and eating hearts of people with a lot of arcane magic on them
    Quentin X. Blackstable - ??? - Both the humans and elves are watching this dude anxiously, but no one has seen or heard him for weeks.
    Arcane Bandits - dwarven youths that have taken to petty theft,
    - lead by a charismatic figure that beat up Lockrin
    - Currently in cool with Baro and Tacitus
    Alondra - At the end of her rope trying to deal with the spirit cat murders, while keeping the Captain off her ass

Tacitus
    - Under this city there is a seven level dungeon, sealing away powerful artifacts and information behind 7 magical seals.
    - Captain of the Imperators is a violent and cruel man. He was my apprentice once.
    - Alondra served with Shield for years, and is a Red Diamond. If you're serious about stopping your visions coming true she'd be your best ally.

Aziz & Zakuya
    -Spirits are born of important places and dramatic events. A spirit of flame and terror borne of town destroyed by fire, a spirit of sorrow borne of the untimely death of a loved one, a wisdom spirit of an ancient forest.

-Spirits are 80% magic in the same way humans are 80% water. To persist in this material world they have to feed on stuff that reinforces their matter or motive. Predators hunt, prey flees, fire burns, ect.

-taking your physical body into the spirit world is very dangerous. Exposure to highly magical environments can turn you into a Ghoul.

Baro
    -Quentin and the Church of Eureka have been real tight lately. He's basically sees everything in this city now. Those glowing Eureka symbols are all recording information and storing it somewhere.

-Magical Seals are magical locks/gates/walls that protect things. They come in four flavors.
    • Arcane, which are runic/word puzzles.
    • Primal, which involves a feat of strength or a sacrifice.
    • Divine, which means either making the caster blaspheme against their faith or killing them outright.
    • Demonic, which involves a negotiation

- If you could steal from Quentin's lab during his opening speech tonight...

Atomos
    Quentin hasn't left the city. In the month he's been "gone", he's really been working in his lab. Something so secret he's working down there alone, with no one to leak anything. But you didn't hear that from me man. If you try to sneak into his place tonight while he's giving his keynote speech there shouldn't be any living security, just magic protections.

Lockrin

• Options
    Thank you posts.

Neo do we still have two time slots (and one helping action) for the day? I was trying to spend both actions first talking to the contact and second using the petitioning ability Atomos picked up from the cleric class after the first scene.
    Divine Guidance

When you petition your deity according to the precept of your religion, you are granted some useful knowledge or boon related to your deity’s domain. The GM will tell you what.

And the petition type chosen earlier, for reference:
    Your religion has important sacrificial rites, add Petition: Offering

• Options
    edited August 2016
    ~ The Thirsty Mole ~

Atomos plays the song for Aziz. Once more the Bard glows as he plays, as if lit by a column of pale moonlight, even underground.
    Lockrin spots a mystery ale in front of him, the catches that lass with the auburn hair. She winks. It's on the house. Before he can drink it down, he gets a pat on the back from this mountain of a man. "That stuff's pretty strong, not everyone can handle it."

A three dwarves in religious garb, come around to the enraptured crowd. Holding empty mugs with a crescent moon symbol, patrons throw coins as a tip. A funny thing happens. Each coin no matter what direction it's thrown bounces and dances off and across surfaces so that in lands perfectly in one of the crescent mugs. And even odder than that, all the clinks, and wrrs, only adding to the symphony of his druid Ballad.

Lockrin drinks it down, and it's heavy. Substantial. A deep earthy brew that could easily sub as a meal in it's self. But he finishes it. The Silver haired mountain of a man next to Lockrin laughs so loud it's like the whole bar shakes. The big happy man motions with his eyes down a hallway that had gone unnoticed before. It wasn't like covered or anything. Just a trick of the stone, that the entrance is only visible that can see the patterns in masonry this places construction. Lockrin gets out of his seat in dream like intoxication. The earth shifts and buckles before him. This stout is strong stuff!

The novelty of all tipped coins dancing and accompanying the music perfectly only spurred on greater feats. Folks noticed the more valuable the currency the more elaborate the musical and acrobatic the coin's contribution, a copper penny might only get you a single skip but a silver might clink of two glasses before finding a mug. One baron throws a handful of gold coins which all do synchronized dance routine.

Hearing his feats presented as such the Urban Druids are even more impressed with Aziz. Even the ones that hate him, still respect his power and the trust nature has put in him for some reason.

Despite feeling heavier, and the walls falling back and then racing forth, the floor pitching like a rickey ship. Lockrin endures and finds a small simple shrine. The woman who beckoned him here is keeled in prayer. He joins beside her and sees a hole in the sheer wall of stone. It's the perfect size for Lockrin. It's like this hole was made for him. It'll be uncomfortable sometimes. But if he can endure the weight and pressure he'll be stronger. However here's the wrinkle, can while the rock is so perfectly carved...it's one way.

Back at the bar, Atomos finishes up and the three tip collectors come before him. "Well if it isn't the miracle of New Portsmuth in the flesh." one with short dirty blonde hair says, then stands. "People of the Thirsty Mole! What do you think of his Offering?"
    The is a moment of tense silence that feels like is stretches an eternity. And then, uproarious applause. As the clapping continues it begins to sound like an old smoker laughing a wheezy laugh. "Acceptable." The tip barer curtsies, and they leave with the money earned from Atomos performance.

Lockrin wakes the next day with two realizations.
    One, he's just had the best night of sleep ever.
    Two, he's already standing.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Anyone that hasn't posted them post your day one actions, then I'll have one long resolution post/mission start post.
    Here's a preview so you can start thinking what mission you wanna go on and with who.

A Lion and a Man chanced to travel in company through the forest. They soon began to quarrel, for each of them boasted that he and his kind were far superior to the other both in strength and mind. Now they reached a clearing in the forest and there stood a statue. It was a representation of Heracles in the act of tearing the jaws of the Nemean Lion.

"See," said the man, "that's how strong we are! The King of Beasts is like wax in our hands!"

"Ho!" laughed the Lion, "a Man made that statue."

~ Steal the Light ~ :whistle:
    The normally audacious Quentin X. Stableblack, has been laying low for a while. Working on something in his lab. Whatever it is it's big. The kinda big that if leaked to a rival, or powerful government, it could be worth insane amounts of money. The Key-note speech by Quentin might be the perfect time to sneak in his lab and swipe it, Scryberpunk style. Also prime place to find secrets about one of the worlds most power wizards, someone whom if you had leverage on would be like having leverage on magical Bill Gates.
    [Arcane][????][????]

~ Something Wicked This Way Comes ~ :whistle:
    Knowledge is power was never more true the day, the light of the Omega Spell wiped out the gathered forces of the holy Dragon empire, ending the war and starting humanity on their rise to prominence. But what was that spell, really? The wizards who deleveop it sealed their secrets along with other priceless aritfacts in a dungeon beneath the Arcane Academy. It's probably just a myth....
    ...But if it wasn't and you could make it past magical traps, seals, and guardians into the deepest depths? Incredible fortune and power await! However, you're not the only one who knows this. It seems a few of your enemies might also be delving for this hidden dungeon and it's many secrets.
    [Arcane][Divine]

~ Welcome to the Jungle ~ :whistle:
    It turns out the urban druids were holding the primal powers back, not freeing them. And with them all either beaten, scared off, or locked up. The spirit world is bubbling up. It seems someone has trespassed upon the King of Beasts domain and committed crime most heinous to his domain and his peoples. For this he demands the cowardly hearts of every magic user, lest he unleash his spirit cat armies.
    [Primal]

OOC chat

Because of your actions and rolls these are the largest threats. Since you caught some Arcane Bandits (and did so without any bloodshed) they are chastened instead of enraged. Also not letting the imperator find out about the spirit cats, and Atomos' deal got that faction out of you hair. However, the cost of that was now attentions are turned fully on the druids. A Bear rampaged through the streets! A Werewolf Marched right into the Scared Garden! There's been rumors of beast tearing people to shreds. And their best ambassador was killed by The Captain.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I dropped the ball, I need to go back and figure out what I was doing.

think I was overwhelmed by the change in narrative structure/choice making, and just kinda stopped thinking about it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    This is my hole, it was made for me.

Lockrin Stonemauler | L2 | Dwarven Ranger - Commando, Cleric of The Stout | HP 21/21 | XP 03 | DMG D8 | AR 1
    Commune: Words of the Unspeaking (Stone) 1/1
    Rotes: Light, Sanctify, Guidance
    Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Dead

Having refound his wits, Lockrin senses a need to meditate, briefly. Noticing he's still holding the stein from the night before, he sits down and contemplates it. Later, he'll begin his investigation.

Morning: Spends time getting as much information as he can from Alondra and her Guardsmen regarding the cat attacks.
    Afternoon: Choose a spot where an attack occurred that is near some Old Stone, ask it questions (to be determined)
    Evening: Seek out the Invisible Dwarf, share a drink.

this is what I got so far, aside from the questions to be asked, is there anything I should expand upon

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Baro is going to seek out leads among the Maiden's flock, starting with Cordy
    on the Church of Eureka, the Goddess of the Sun, Truth, and Science.

He feels great unease with Eureka's presence of divine candles among the drug wizards,
    her involvement with the Keynote Speaker of MAGE,
    and the goddess's ever watchful eye creeps him out.

More than that, the Maiden's flock has a pointed history with the followers of truth.
    To the Temple of Doors, they represent employers: rivals, targets, double agents, and heretics.

Geth roll 2d6+0 to seek out leads

to seek out leads:
    2d6+0 8 [2d6=3, 5]

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Tacitus is hesitant to start any sort of schenanegans himself, that has gotten him into problems when trying to solve city-wide problems in the past. After hearing Alondra is a Diamond he proceeds to track her and try to arrange a meet of sorts. He doesn't know the situation, maybe she does.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Normally, Baro would be interested in pursuing

~ Steal the Light ~ :whistle:
    The normally audacious Quentin X. Stableblack, has been laying low for a while. Working on something in his lab. Whatever it is it's big. The kinda big that if leaked to a rival, or powerful government, it could be worth insane amounts of money. The Key-note speech by Quentin might be the perfect time to sneak in his lab and swipe it, Scryberpunk style. Also prime place to find secrets about one of the worlds most power wizards, someone whom if you had leverage on would be like having leverage on magical Bill Gates.
    [Arcane][????][????]

or

~ Something Wicked This Way Comes ~ :whistle:
    Knowledge is power was never more true the day, the light of the Omega Spell wiped out the gathered forces of the holy Dragon empire, ending the war and starting humanity on their rise to prominence. But what was that spell, really? The wizards who deleveop it sealed their secrets along with other priceless aritfacts in a dungeon beneath the Arcane Academy. It's probably just a myth....
    ...But if it wasn't and you could make it past magical traps, seals, and guardians into the deepest depths? Incredible fortune and power await! However, you're not the only one who knows this. It seems a few of your enemies might also be delving for this hidden dungeon and it's many secrets.
    [Arcane][Divine]
    But I would understand that other party members have less M/O in pursueing these things

I think he could also continue to find himself involved with the Magical Cats who kill magic users.
    He's newish to all this magic stuff, hates panthers, and keen on keeping the bandits alive.

As a game, ~ Welcome to the Jungle ~, would probably be the easiest for Neo, since just about everyone has a reason and connection with Cat attacks.

So I think I'll direct the other action there.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Afternoon-
    swap cat & bandit stories with Ash, Zakuya, and if possible, Raven the Reporter

Evening- Train with the arcane bandits

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Cheese, I should have some time later this week to write some stuff. Been dealing with Way Too Much Work as well as Car Troubles this past week/weekend and hopefully both will be wrapped up just in time for School Starting

fuck

still though, I should have some spare hours somewhere

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Zakuya Halash | L2 | Elf Fighter - Duelist | HP 22/22 | XP 01 | DMG D10 | AR 2 :whistle:

Watching the swirl of tea leaves at the bottom of his beverage, Zakuya considers the situation, purring tiger curled around his feet.

He'd tried to feed the feline a few gobbets of meat from his plate earlier, but it had only sniffed at it a bit before turning up its nose. It didn't want to be fed, he realized. It wants to hunt.

I know the feeling, the elf thinks, idly tapping a nail against the porcelain side of his cup. In a sense, he adds, conscientiously.

While they both are indeed pursuers, their intended targets could hardly be more different. A predator doesn't want a good fight, a powerful foe to test itself against. It just wants a quick, easy meal. Food that fights back effectively is bound to give you stomach trouble sooner or later, and consistently getting yourself wounded in your daily routine is a great way to get yourself killed. Rules of nature, that.

Compare himself, who cares little for those who can't challenge him. Who only seeks out prey that might have a chance of killing him outright, let alone merely wounding him. And he's supposed to be the more intelligent lifeform here. Ha.

So why does he do it? A question for one who doesn't often entertain them lightly. Because it's fun? Yes. Because the adrenaline gets him going? Naturally.

Because deprivation and disease were childhood friends, the grim end was a constant companion since birth, and it came to be that the only time he feels truly alive is while struggling in the shadow of death. That decades of gut instinct, iron will, and lust for survival don't just sit down and shut up because you've got a paying job and can afford to eat a good meal every day.

Yeah, sure, whatever. That too.

He watches the napping Tiger over the edge of his tea. Maybe they're not so different, then. A few consistent meals and some healthy exercise and maybe this spirit will find its head in the same place Zakuya's is at. To burn bright against the encroaching darkness, to throw down the mighty and stamp carelessly upon their unjust works, to teach the lesson of humility to the powerful.

"Let's do it, then," Zakuya mutters, his voice raising the tiger from its fitful repose, to regard him with eager eyes.

"Let's hunt."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    This is my hole, it was made for me.

Lockrin Stonemauler | L2 | Dwarven Ranger - Commando, Cleric of The Stout | HP 21/21 | XP 03 | DMG D8 | AR 1
    Commune: Words of the Unspeaking (Stone) 1/1
    Rotes: Light, Sanctify, Guidance
    Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Dead

Having refound his wits, Lockrin senses a need to meditate, briefly. Noticing he's still holding the stein from the night before, he sits down and contemplates it. Later, he'll begin his investigation.

Morning: Spends time getting as much information as he can from Alondra and her Guardsmen regarding the cat attacks.
    Afternoon: Choose a spot where an attack occurred that is near some Old Stone, ask it questions (to be determined)
    Evening: Seek out the Invisible Dwarf, share a drink.

this is what I got so far, aside from the questions to be asked, is there anything I should expand upon

I forgot to mention that I wanted to try to speak with the old Druid, using Speak with Dead (his body should be still under the Guard's jurisdiction, right?) Is there time in the day, or should I hold off?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yo Caulk, just a reminder to pick two directives and describe a job you ran against a corp, when you get a chance. no rush.

• Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    Tommy, I could see your guy pulling a job on a corp trying to get new Medical tech or some such.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Rock Hart
    Chose one weapon:
    ЂHeavy pistol (3-harm close/near loud)

Chose one:
    ЂSynth leathers (0-armour, +discreet, subtract 1 when rolling the harm move)

You start with 5 Cred.

DIRECTIVES
    Rejected: When your former membership in MilSpec hinders the mission, mark experience.
    Vengeful: When you harm MilSpec or their interests, mark experience.

I think I need some help with the background mission

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Awesome. Well, sounds like you got a bone to pick with Milsec so maybe you ran a job against them? Maybe it was stealing the vehicle you have now (which means you would probably changed [owned] to [hunted]) or maybe due to your previous membership, you were able to get in and steal some [intel] for a client. Neo's character will also figure in, and Tommy's character can too but that's his choice. It doesn't have to be some super personal thing, can just be a generic job against any of the corporations. Maybe you ran down some Executive and forced him to retire, or heck, ensured there was a 'traffic accident' and took out some high ranking manager for a rival Corp. It could be just about anything. I could also see you hitting an armored vehicle during transport for whatever reason. Also keep in mind Rock may not even know what he was after or who he was working for.

Other options:
    -Handicapped a Corp for a rival Corp (sabotage, etc)
    -Stole data or tech for a client
    -Got rid of a nuisance
    -Robbed someone
    -Protected someone (like military escort?)

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    For prior jobs I've got this weird idea for an implant that Khan installed in someone else without his knowledge of what the implant actually did but I'm still working on it

accidental mob doctor type thing

Stay tuned (not for too long)

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Just to make sure I know what's going on in NeoGame: Everyone (unless they would rather chill) is going to go on one of the three listed missions after we finish our day one actions? IE form three groups of people (or only 2 or even 1 if certain missions get no takers) and each group does a thing.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    yeah, basically choose which of the adventures you interested in

• Options
    Aziz is going on the obvious one. The spirit cat one.

Also, Tommy, feel free to create a Criminal Syndicate or Organization of some type if needed.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Precedence for Atomos is probably

1. Steal the Light
    2. Welcome to the Jungle
    3. Something Wicked This Way Comes

I don't think Atomos is even aware of the dungeon for #3, so that's out for now.

Fulfilling his oath is a priority so #1 is first, but I don't think Atomos would attempt the mission on his own. Atomos has the (likely valuable) information for #1 but knows little of golems and magical or mechanical traps; reaching out to the arcane bandits (and likely by association Baro) would probably be the next step Atomos takes. They may not like Atomos but they would probably overlook that for a thievery opportunity that is basically fully up in their wheelhouse. But would reaching out to them take a time slot? As Atomos has already used all his he might just have to find assistance and wait for another opportunity to present itself.

#2 is probably where Aziz and Lockrin are heading, and Atomos is concerned with the spirit stuff going on. Maybe less so after communing, as his communion presentation didn't result in The Cordial Composer choosing to communicate anything directly to Atomos, making Atomos think that TCC approves of what he is doing so far.

Edit: Looks like Baro is also aware of the opportunity to sneak into Quentin's lab, so Atomos doesn't have as good a position to negotiate as I thought.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Probably late to the party, but I just realized that all three missions are song names, and very appropriate ones for our batch of characters :^:

• Options
    ...thesprawl.exe...
    ...MegaCity.exe...
    ...run ICOAD.exe...

You love coffee, right? You love making money? Advancing up the corporate ladder? Don't you want to REACH the SKY one day? THEN come work at ICO, the International Coffee Organization! We've got Benefits, Internal Promotions, Promised Company Advancement and a Career Track that will get you Higher and Higher in no time! Why WOULDN'T you work here? We've got FLEXIBLE hours, quarterly BONUSES and a COMPETITIVE Benefits PACKAGE!

We've got OPENINGS for any and every position! Regardless of your experience, come work WITH us and we'll train you with the SKILLS you NEED to SUCCEED! FILL out an application TODAY!

NOTE: Benefits, Promotions, Advancement, Training are all dependent upon the applicants expertise and experience, nothing is guaranteed.