As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    hi gloss

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    good top of the page

I have been overloaded by school plus relationship stuff, my honest sorries Cheese

I will throw something up on here later tonight

It will be something

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    something is better than nothing. always.

• Options
    edited September 2016

...engaging RECOLLECTION.exe...

It was supposed to be simple, really. Honestly! Dermal implants are essentially child's play. Literally. A child could install this piece of tech--accidentally even.
    Why Zel was asked, specifically, to perform the installation, he may never know. Not that it was particularly important to him. Augustine had received the credits, the patient was prepped, and...whatever this thing is was sterilized. Dr. Khan thought it curious that he hadn't recognized the device, nor could he identify the manufacturer, but it had been a long night prior and he just assumed that it was some sort of subdermal injection system for antiionics or a beta test for a pacemaker of some kind. Hell, maybe it was cosmetic, but it had been a long day and he didn't have time to run a diagnostic scan just for curiosity sake.

The buyer had ensured him in writing that it was in working order, and Augustine didn't pay him to sort out legal matters.

He raised the surgical mask over his nose as he entered the circular operating room. Powerful light projected by a spherical globe overhead illuminated the central table where a thin, tattooed, admittedly ragged looking man lay in an artificial state of unconsciousness. The light reflected across the various instruments laid out neatly on a cart next to the man, bouncing across the room before being soaked up by the tinted glass that ran around the room--glass that hid nurses or students or whoever was to drive the patient home.

On another rolling rack near the patient was the hardware. A single coil of mesh-like material with a small central console that served as an anchor in addition to the neural jack that would run parallel with the spine. It was to be wrapped under the dermis around the patient's upper torso before the jack was affixed to a preexisting entry port. He was explicitly instructed not to activate the device.

Nurses would deal with the rest.

Two hours later, the procedure was a success. Zel left the operating room to no applause, took off his glove, checked his account balance to make sure that he had been credited for his portion of the procedure before taking the elevator from the upper levels of the St. Augustine facility to his personal lab in the basement of the building.

He was only mildly surprised when his door was kicked in by hired guns minutes later.
    After the installation of an illegal prototype visual datajammer purchased by Ikotomi at a St. Augustine facility, Dr. Zel Khan was kidnapped and "questioned" by covert operatives working for an unidentified corporation. Swiping a datapad, Zel was able to remotely hack a stun turret and electronic lock control module once left alone by his captors. By creating a distraction on an upper floor, Zel was able to sneak out of his prison. Unfortunately, he was still inside of a warehouse filled with armed men.

Iktomi had caught wind of the kidnapping and hired former MilSpec agent Rock Hart to retrieve the doctor. After getting in contact with Khan, Hart was able to narrow down Zel's location to an industrial district deep in the slums of the Bottom. As the two made a break for relative safety, a destructive chase ensued, though the outgunned agents were unable to keep up with Mr. Hart's APC.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Iktomi is the name i gave my Joltik in marsh's game and Tommy's post really confused me a second

• Options
    I could create another corp to fill in the gap there but I was fresh out of thoughts by the time I finished that.

Caulk, lemme know if any of that wouldn't be your character's MO or if you'd suggest any changes. In fact if anyone has any suggestions I am always open to such things

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    nah it's cool I mean i suggested a bunch of names i used for other stuff for corps because I'm shitty at coming up with new names

• Options
    Tommy, that is the best. Love it. Unidentified corp just means I can use it how I want. It's good. We are getting closer.

• Options
    Now caulk needs to talk about a job he pulled, then Neo determines how his guy was involved.

• Options
    Tommy, that is the best. Love it. Unidentified corp just means I can use it how I want. It's good. We are getting closer.

sweet, I was really just scared that it sucked

I haven't done this in a while you guys

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy, you're great, don't forget that.

After Caulk does his bit, Neo can roll his jobs. We could go into how you guys started working together or whatnot, or just get into it. I'm a fan of the latter, personally.

• Options
    I'm down with mixing it up as soon as possible

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Rock Hart
    Chose one weapon:
    ЂHeavy pistol (3-harm close/near loud)

Chose one:
    ЂSynth leathers (0-armour, +discreet, subtract 1 when rolling the harm move)

You start with 5 Cred.

DIRECTIVES
    Rejected: When your former membership in MilSpec hinders the mission, mark experience.
    Vengeful: When you harm MilSpec or their interests, mark experience.
    Intimate: When you put your friends ahead of the mission, mark experience.

I think I need some help with the background mission

I think I need to change out vengeful for something else. I took intimate, but I'm not sure who to put there. an NPC or player?

going to actually work on story stuff now. as for tommy's thing, that looks great.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Also your character is missing the middle name Thunder

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I feel like that directive could work without the blank even, honestly

Just make friend plural

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    alright here we go. I will note that I changed my stats a little bit.

Name: Rock Hart

LOOK:
    Eyes: laughing
    Face: rugged
    Body: scarred
    Wear: military-esque leathers
    Skin: artificial
    ________

Stats:
    Style: +0 | Edge: -1 | Cool: +2 | Mind: +1 | Meat: +0 | Synth: +1
    ________

Cyber-Linked Vehicle: The Trojan
    Drones: Sauron (tiny, infogathering), Creepy Dogg (medium, multi-purpose)
    ________

It all started with the Cactus guy, Lucious. A simple job, escourting him and his crew on a smash and grab on one of Jomarli BioTech's subsideries. Impressively, they were in and out in barely five, and by that point no-one the wiser of my being there, not even his crew. The boss had only mentioned an escourt, but they all took it the wrong way and were joking the whole time about some kind of afterparty? The kind of precious misunderstanding that I would hate to disabuse them of, but such things were not meant to be.

The afterparty came early. Seems Jomarli was expecting trouble, and hired MilSpec. They were not, however, expecting me. I broke cover and matched speeds with Mr. Vermillion, just long enough for Creepy Dogg to detach and mount itself on his ride, Magrifle at the ready. Then I spun a quick donut away and back a pace, drawing up behind and firing off a burst of autocannon fire at the pursuit vehicles. Took out enough roadway and engines to effectively stop pursuit, but activated the Dogg's jamming hardware, just in case, for a few blocks anyway. The start of beautiful and profitable friendship.

I'm sure MilSpec doesn't hold it against me. Afterall, I didn't kill any assets, they still got paid and I only cost them a bit of cred in repairs. The fact that they didn't deem it worthwhile to tack that cost onto my outstanding bill is commendable, really.

consolidating everything else into one post.
    Chose one weapon:
    ЂHeavy pistol (3-harm close/near loud)

Chose one:
    ЂSynth leathers (0-armour, +discreet, subtract 1 when rolling the harm move)

You start with 5 Cred.

DIRECTIVES
    Rejected: When your former membership in MilSpec hinders the mission, mark experience.
    Intimate: When you put your friends ahead of the mission, mark experience.
    ________

Neural Interface with Remote Control Module: Allows direct neural control of
    an appropriately configured external device such as a vehicle, weapon, recording
    device, or hacked electronic system. The RCM gives the interface wireless broadcast
    and reception capacity to allow the remote control of vehicles and drones. Choose
    two of following tags: +encrypted, +multi-tasking, +inaccessible partition.
    MOVES
    You get these two:

ЂЂ Wheels: You start with a cyber-linked vehicle. If your vehicle has Power+2, it
    may start with one mounted weapon system. To build your vehicle:
    Choose a Frame: vectored-thrust panzer APC
    Choose a Design: military
    Choose a Profile:
    ЂЂ Power+2, Looks+1, Weakness+2; 2-Armour
    For each point of Power, choose a strength; For each point of Looks, choose
    a look; For each point of Weakness, choose a weakness. If your vehicle has
    Power+2, it may mount one weapon system; Military vehicles may mount an
    additional weapon system.
    • Strengths: fast, easily repaired
    • Looks: nondescript
    • Weaknesses: cramped, guzzler
    • Weapons: Machine guns (3-harm near/far area loud messy autofire), autocannon (4-harm near/far area
    messy breach)

cyber-linked vehicle:
    • when you act under pressure, roll Cool + your car’s power
    • if you mix it up, roll Synth (instead of Meat) + your car’s power
    • if you play hardball, roll Edge + your car’s looks
    • if you help or interfere with someone, roll Links + your car’s power
    • if someone interferes with you, add your car’s weakness to their roll
    (in addition to their links)

Choose one more:
    ЂЂ Drone jockey: You start with two drones. For each:
    Choose a motive style:

Sauron (rotor)
    ЂЂ Tiny (insect-sized): +small, +fragile, +stealthy, sonar
    Weapon: Maybe nothing? Stinger (micro darts with acid loads)

Creepy Dogg (octoped)
    ЂЂ Medium (dog-sized): fast, stealthy, jamming, medical, fragile,
    Weapon: Needle gun (I'm thinking a small magnetic rifle)

MilSpec
    One of the larger providers of security forces, secure transport and covert operatives. One listed benefit of joining up is top of the line cyber gear, installed at a discount with a monthly plan that's easy to handle and pay off in two years of service.

Rock Hart had been in for about six months, and was a rising star. Unfortunately, his last job went south, badly, and the company was forced to officially cut ties with him. He was cut loose with the gear he deployed with as an "early retirement" package. Except for the chrome he was still making payments on, which they expect promptly and in full at the same time each month. They could have just had him killed and taken the loss, but he was good. Talented. Useful.

It's in his best interests to remain so.
    _____

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I think you might be allowed another weapon on the APC because I'd imagine it counts as a military vehicle but I'm not running this show so nevermind, i misread that

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Oh shit. This is great. I need to consolidate everything and should have a starting post this weekend. Neo, if you want to make that job roll(s?), feel free to do so.

• Options
    So, I realized very late that this setting is actually purchasable, so that's what I did, basically right before I wrote that.

Looking through the pdf got me off my ass and thinking.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    It's real cool right!?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    this is the place i am most comfortable doing this

how would folks feel about me running a short, simple, vaguely competitive game called Everyone is John

if I can get at least three takers I'll post an opening with instructions on how to proceed

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So, I realized very late that this setting is actually purchasable, so that's what I did, basically right before I wrote that.

Looking through the pdf got me off my ass and thinking.

Caulk, you are a far better person than I

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options

how would folks feel about me running a short, simple, vaguely competitive game called Everyone is John

if I can get at least three takers I'll post an opening with instructions on how to proceed

I'm intrigued

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Baro find himself in the Citadel of Eureka. It's wide open superbly lit space with glass walls and simple wooden tables. Several priestesses in identical white and gold robes helping magical patrons with their HexTech devices. As soon as the suarian enters a familiar voice thrums to life. "Welcome Baro Stonekey..." A hologram woman appears before him. She's beautiful in way that appeals to all the key demos. "...traveling companion of bodygaurd Zakuya Halash and Spellslinger Ash, to the Church of Eureka within the Tower of Light."

An older man remarks "it's a miracle what they can do with magic these days" in genuine awe. "Is there anything Eureka doesn't know?"

"NO." The hologram/living mirror image spell answers while scanning our doorman up and down. "Hmm, no heX-tech devices discovered." She says, with a slight hint of sadness, before resuming her automated bubbliness. "One of our priestesses will be with you shortly."

Eventually a very hungover dwarven women, trying to hide her bloodshot eyes walks over. "Welcome traveler, how can I help you." slips out through clenched teeth. It's one of the arcane bandits. "I didn't think you'd really come here."

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Baro Stonekey | L2 | Saurian Thief - Street Rat | HP 21/21 | XP 05 | DMG D8 | AR 1 | GOLD 50

Hello, it's nice to meet ya. (Baro gives a wink)
    I don't believe we've met, could you direct me to a workstation?
    I've scholarly business to attend to,

Baro stresses the word while gesticulating and doing his best Scholar impression

and I'd been led to believe this was the place get these things done.
    I wouldn't mind learning if I should procure one of these fancy...

heX-tech...er devices?

I keep hearing about them.

(Is the Church of Eureka like a Kinkos, or like a Lab?, or is it more like an Apple Store or a Library?)

Mostly just remember that most of the religions around are a bit mercantile. But I like the idea of Baro being fairly oblivious too!

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Oh shit. This is great. I need to consolidate everything and should have a starting post this weekend. Neo, if you want to make that job roll(s?), feel free to do so.

Lucious gets in touch with Illana Renard (Brokering Deals) and Samira Day (Surveillance)

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN
    GETH ROLL 2d6+1 "Brokering Deals"
    GETH ROLL 2d6+1 "Surveillance"

"Brokering Deals":
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=4, 2]
    "Surveillance":
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=5, 3]

NeoToma on
  • Options

I'm in.

• Options
    Neo, I believe you only roll once, even when doing two jobs. I say this because the 7-9 part states "One job is a disaster while the others are profitable". We will take the first roll if you agree with that.

• Options
    oh sorry just take the first one rthen

• Options
    Character Name : Playbook (tags) [][][][][][] STATS Cyberware(tags) Gear(tags)

Ex:

Bob Gearhead : The Driver (+owned, +hunted) [][][][][][] SYNTH 02 EDGE 01 COOL -1 etc CyberEyes(+substandard) Handgun(+linked)

• Options
    Neo, did you finalize your character? The one I have still has "maybe stuff" in it, so wasn't sure if you finalized it or not. I looked through the pages but didn't see anything updated. I also thought you had 3 crews and could do 3 jobs if you wanted.

• Options
    ALso, Tommy, you are going to want Neural Interface with your Cyberdeck if you actually want to be able to hack stuff. I didn't realize that, sorry. On the other hand, you can hold off on hacking until you can afford to get a new piece of Chrome and then get the neural interface. Or you can swap one of your cyberware now. Your choice.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Would it be cheaper in-game to pick up a cyberdeck? If so maybe I'll just take chromed instead of breadboarder, choose a neural interface as my third piece of tech, and then just buy a new cyberdeck or something?

If that's a little too much metagaming though I could just swap the robot eyes for a neural interface and install some robot eyes whenever that's viable, I'm fine with that as well!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Dr. Zel Khan : The Tech (+owned) [][][][][][] STYLE 00 EDGE 00 COOL 02 MIND 01 MEAT-01 SYTH 01 Cyberarm (Implant Tools) Neural Interface
    Holdout Pistol(2-harm hand/close discreet quick reload loud)
    Gas Grenades (s-harm near area reload gas)
    Toolkit (breadboarder, splicer)
    Armoured clothing (0-armour, +discreet, -1 when rolling harm move)
    Trauma Derms (apply first aid @ 2100 or less harm)
    E.J.C.R. (encrypted)
    Cyberdeck (??)

did I do this right

I feel like i have a lot of equipment

e: oh, and i get a toolkit too

does that have the gear in it for only one expertise or does it apply for both?

jesus wow techs have to carry a lot of stuff around

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    It's about the same price, actually. 8 Cred for a Cyberdeck and for most cyberware. So, it's basically personal choice as to whether you want to begin hacking right away or not. You said in your LINKS job that you hacked the security system so maybe wait for the cybereyes?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    That's absolutely fine then.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Cool. Neo, I'm gonna go ahead with what you rolled and the 2 jobs.

• Options

....run.scan.25421c.exe....
    ....scanning...
    ....scanning...
    ...Error: Unable to locate target...
    ...run.scan.3576d.exe....
    ...scanning...
    ...scanning...
    ...possible target located...searching for more data...target false...
    ...scanning...
    ...possible target located...searching for more data...

Target Located.

To some, Sky-City lived up to its name. Sky-Cruisers floated high in the clouds, personal transporters flitted to and from these great floating...sections of the city, the super-wealthy never needing to set foot upon the ground at all. They lived up there, had meetings, oversaw their operations and enjoyed their pleasures, all far above the petty and brutal lives that were lived down below.

Even those in the Heights could appreciate the title, could see out into the world far and wide, past the dark grunge of those Below. These were the modestly wealthy, the up-and-comers, movers and shakers and deal-makers. They saw the cruise ships above as within reach, the possibilities limitless. At times, they took transporters above to meet with those they worked for, or had dealings with, and looked upon the luxuries above with jealousy.

Those in the Middle Districts disregarded the name and focused on their work. They worked hard for their moderate earnings and would do everything in their power to remain above those Below, at the Bottom. At least they did not have to fight for their lives, or scrounge for dinner. They worked insane hours and most got little more than a livable wage but it was enough. Who cared about the name?

To those at the Bottom, in the Below, they rarely saw the sky and spoke the name with scorn or sarcasm. What the towering buildings did not block out, the sky-cruisers did. The Bottom remained dark at all times, the only lights neon or glowing from those who lived in the meager low levels of the buildings, or shacks or worse. These were the beggars, the scrappers, the scroungers and the poor. They fought for the very little that they had, always looking up with hatred in their eyes.

Still, little had changed in Sky-City for decades. The wealthy lived above, making more wealth for themselves, meanwhile the poor lived Below, lacking the power or ability to change their situation while searching for their next meal.

Little did everyone know that Sky-City would change in the coming years. Even fewer knew the circumstances or the people that would lead to that change.

….

The first call comes from Samira. Her voice is measured, calm, confident. The job went well.

[...Lucius gains [intel]...]

The second call comes from Azealia. She’s out of breath and angry as hell.

“Some one fucked us, Lucius! Some one crashed the party. I nearly didn’t get out without a bullet to the brain.” She takes a moment to laugh, gathering herself. “More importantly, they got the shit and the money. You know the client is going to want us to pay. I gotta go.” She hangs up.

You know the next call and hesitate to answer. What are you going to do?

[...Tell me who the client was and what the deal was. Now the client wants the 2 creds as promised, do you give it to them?...]

The message comes to you when the three of you are together. [Why you are together at this moment is up to you. Discussing job prospects? Rehashing old stories? Having a drink or dinner perhaps?]

The message comes through to Zel’s and Rock’s Neural Interfaces, the notification popping up in the corner of their eyes. As the message scrolls down, it’s apparent that it’s a job for the three of you.

It’s a text message, surprisingly. Most people used holo-vids or at least a voice-call of some sort. This is just straight text, very basic.

JOB: FIND CAPTURE TARGET AND BRING TO LOCATION.
    PAY WILL BE APPROPRIATE.
    DO YOU ACCEPT?
    REPLY WITH YES OR NO.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Dr. Zel Khan : The Tech (+owned) [][][][][][] STYLE 00 EDGE 00 COOL 02 MIND 01 MEAT -01 SYTH 01 Cyberarm (Implant Tools) Neural Interface
    Holdout Pistol(2-harm hand/close discreet quick reload loud)
    Gas Grenades (s-harm near area reload gas)
    Toolkit (breadboarder, splicer)
    Armoured clothing (0-armour, +discreet, -1 when rolling harm move)
    Trauma Derms (apply first aid @ 2100 or less harm)
    E.J.C.R. (encrypted)
    Cyberdeck (??)

Attention immediately drawn to the message, Zel asks, "Do you guys know anything about this?"

need more intel on target. who?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg