As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    I can proudly say, last night I broke my orange hoarding addiction. Broke like three or four tabs worth of leggos that I was keeping because I have no goddamn idea why.

Lots more room for gems and other mats that I'm never going to freaking use.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    my goal for crusader is a blessed shield build

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    That build has crippling weaknesses but it ia fun.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    it kind of isn't feasible without a board and a foote anymore. maybe with 6p akkhan you could get around not having a foote

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    drp527 wrote: »
    after tonight my crusader has 4 akkhan's pieces and 4 roland's pieces and a ring of royal grandeur all set

so of course when I'm gambling away my last 190 shards at the end of the night kadala gives me a second akkhan's gloves instead of the roland's that would get me the 6-set

at least it was 9.5% crit/8% cdr/rolled into 49% crit damage gloves though

Tehehe.....aaaahaHAHAHAHA.

Call me when you're looking for Roland's chest and get FOUR Akkan's chestpieces(Oh, and I already had one).

IN ONE DAY.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I think once I get my season monk to 70 I'm prooooobably just gonna stop playing season

but my time with new-monk makes them seem potentially fun now, what are the good monk builds these days? The only one I'm not finding a chore to play during the trip to 70 is infinite tempest rush but that's because no 1H weapons can keep up with a 2H for damage before 70 and having to punch everything at 2H attack speed is unbearably slow

I'm playing mine on HC, and fell into a slight variation of this Fire build (more defensive passives, Epiphany and Dash instead of Serenity and Crippling Wave

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/657-shenlong-in-depth-guide-video

http://youtu.be/hDprW1unlok

I'm waiting on a good Magefist and Shenlong's Fist of Legend to drop so I can get past T5

It's tons of fun though

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    If you use the Gaze to cast bells wherever, do decoys come from your character or where the bell lands?

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I think once I get my season monk to 70 I'm prooooobably just gonna stop playing season

but my time with new-monk makes them seem potentially fun now, what are the good monk builds these days? The only one I'm not finding a chore to play during the trip to 70 is infinite tempest rush but that's because no 1H weapons can keep up with a 2H for damage before 70 and having to punch everything at 2H attack speed is unbearably slow

This is my own monk build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/olorin-1698/hero/22542323

I'm sure it's horribly inefficient, but I have a blast with it and can run T2 no problem. Haven't tried T3 yet. It's a really fast and frenetic build. Dashing strike into a pack of mobs, cyclone strike a couple of times to pull them all in and then SSS with fulminating onslaught to blow everything up, then WotHF with dashing strike when available and repeated cyclone strikes to keep things grouped up until SSS is off cooldown. This might actually be a decent build if I focused on getting some CDR, like up to 50%. SSS every 15 seconds and serenity off cooldown every 4-5 would be pretty sweet, along with more dashing strikes more often. Unfortunately, I will probably never have a "good" monk due to my insistence on using only fist weapons and skills I like such as WotHF, SSS, and Dashing strike. I'd still be using Bells with empowering wave, but they changed that to fire for some reason and I'm focused on holy so I decided to try to cyclone strike and have found it to be a fun addition so that was good at least.

Also, Harmony is my fourth passive, not sure why it's not showing up. Almost have my movement speed high enough to just drop fleet footed. May replace it with Resolve or Sixth Sense for more damage mitigation....or Determination for a nice damage boost since I'm always in the middle of stuff.

Maratastik on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Sixth Sense is way better than Harmony

With my natural resists up around 1000, Sixth Sense makes me all but invincible to anything not Physical

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I hit 70 on my Wizard last night

Not sure if I'm gonna keep doing seasonal stuff or what

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the soj is real

need to keep rolling for cold but 20% fire is ok

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    my favorite monk build right now is flying dragon w/ the sunwuko's set

just stack attack speed gems/passives and punch everything at light speed, using two-hander damage, spamming mantra literally as fast as you can hit the button and 2/3 of your mantra activations causing a 3500% weapon damage explosion murdering everything in the area

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    that's the monks only build?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I made a crusader season character, but I'm not leveling fast enough. I'm only level 22 nearing the end of act

Oh and on season character, will they be deleted at the end of the season? Because I don't want to lose my dude!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    at the end of each season your season characters just get moved over to your regular roster, any items they have in the stash will be sent to you by the message system

if you've already beaten the game you can jump into adventure mode and just do bounties, which is definitely the fastest way to level up

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    that's the monks only build?

Nah there's other builds

That's definitely without question the biggest one for grift progression, and just about the only one for solo progression

But I absolutely love grouping with a monk in t6 rifts, regardless of build. They're so stupid useful.

In terms of a balance discussion, sure, let's talk about grifts. But I for one don't give a fuck about playing them because it's horribly monotonous and boring, so if we're talking just general enjoyable to play builds? T6 is all that matters to me.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    How the heck did I go this long without knowing that you can use the numpad to yell out emotes while in town?

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ceno wrote: »
    How the heck did I go this long without knowing that you can use the numpad to yell out emotes while in town?

you can do this anywhere

the last few days my friends and I have just been running in circles spamming emotes at each other while we let pets kill things

we're very mature people

drp527 on
    a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    yo brt i got a 2999.9 dps 1.71 nats slayer

how do i get that 4.15

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    sheet APS x tnt bonus = pet APS

basically, get lacunis and witching hour

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    for real how good is 4.15 nats

is it worth losing 20% elemental + 30% elite dmg and gaining like 30 disc, 250 dex and 7% crit

• Options
    nats is the weakest 4.15 option because it eats that ring slot

it might be worth it since the bp gives you like 50% more dmg, just try both

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i don't have a good calamity

should i just wait for that

• Options
    calamity and helltrapper are both better usually

Nats is still good because the disc is crazy in grifts , but it doesn't get as much dps

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I still want a 2.9k helltrapper for the meticulous bolts build

getting two extra sentries out almost immediately is definitely more dps than the mfd

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I still want a 2.9k helltrapper for the meticulous bolts build

getting two extra sentries out almost immediately is definitely more dps than the mfd
    Explain this

• Options
    Mfd = 20% dmg
    +2 sentries = 66% dmg increase or so

It's only good in meticulous because slow ball lightning is better for proccing than frost arrow

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Just had two ramdalin gift or whatever drop within a minute of eachother

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Just had two ramdalin gift or whatever drop within a minute of eachother
    This is me trying to murder you with my mind

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FoolOnTheHillFoolOnTheHill PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have any kind of idea for the spawning rate of the goblin portals? I spent a few hours last night doing my Danetta vaulting through the Core of Arreat on Torment IV, killing a bunch of goblins, and the only luck I had was one rainbow goblin. I really want to get the greed gem so I can have enough gold to keep gemming up. Does anyone have some good tips for finding this?

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    It's just luck.

Hope that they turn on the community buff again.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    So, did a few ubers. First time I'd bothered with them and ended up with 4 sets of materials.

Got this on my second attempt to craft a decent one:

920Rx6q.jpg

Pretty happy with that. Just have to get that last .5% crit now.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    sub-optimal CHD stat, that's a brimstone right there

• Options
    FoolOnTheHillFoolOnTheHill PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    That's a very nice amulet. I like that they buffed the uber component drop rate to 100% at T6. It'll actually make Uber farming feel like a reward after the crapshoot that is key farming. How was your experience with farming keys? Did they up the key drop rate as well? I'm planning on going this route once I get my DH ready for T6.

• Options
    Blade of Prophecy + the new Sader shield is so fun

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So, did a few ubers. First time I'd bothered with them and ended up with 4 sets of materials.

Got this on my second attempt to craft a decent one:

920Rx6q.jpg

Pretty happy with that. Just have to get that last .5% crit now.

fucking incredible

congrats

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    That's a very nice amulet. I like that they buffed the uber component drop rate to 100% at T6. It'll actually make Uber farming feel like a reward after the crapshoot that is key farming. How was your experience with farming keys? Did they up the key drop rate as well? I'm planning on going this route once I get my DH ready for T6.

Keys are still 50% on T6 as far as I know.

Didn't take too long to get 4 of each.

Took a lot longer to get 20 of each, which I ended up not needing most of.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Key farming is shit.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Key Farming at t6 should be 100%

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I should just have a button that gives me whatever I want in T6.