As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THEY TOOK OUR JERB thread so here is the new one. [Job Thread]

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Darth waiter what's your daily goal? Company mandated, not self mandated

52 closed cases (no transfers) in an eight hour work day, so roughly 6.5 per hour.

What's the title? CRO or reservations?

Refund Accounting.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, I want a job somewhere sunny and warm. Poop

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Florida has all three

sunny, warm, and poop

• Options
    I have been seriously considering looking in Chile.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Man, I want a job somewhere sunny and warm. Poop

I was going to go to Qatar in April for a bit but already had holiday booked - how good an impersonation could you do?

Honestly you could probably do the for maths this particular job better than me so its a win all round!

• Options
    I think I could pull it off. You're still clean shaven, right?

• Options
    Idiot Son just came into my office and claims that he's paranoid, the government is tracking everyone and the bible told him so

He also believes some people he met from South Africa jailbroke his phone to hack it, because his battery is low on it.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Idiot Son just came into my office and claims that he's paranoid, the government is tracking everyone and the bible told him so

He also believes some people he met from South Africa jailbroke his phone to hack it, because his battery is low on it.

Holy shit.

• Options
    China hates Christians, and they're killing Christians in China all the time

• Options
    Uh... @Abracadaniel is it possible that Idiot Son is actually Mentally Ill Son?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    makes me wish I hadn't retired @‌ awful_white_man

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Guy sounds like he needs professional help.

Sounds like he needs a team.

Alternatively, fashion him a hat made of tin foil.

Out of curiosity, does your company handle anything sensitive? Or is it just a "a company which does stuff"? Like... Would someone be motivated to conspire against you?

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »

He began to speak in tongues while interviewing a new hire last year.

I shit you not.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i want idiot sons e-mail address so i can rule his world

dance puppet dance

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I think I could pull it off. You're still clean shaven, right?

Yep, and my hair has aquired a tynicy rambunctiousness of late with six months since a cut.

• Options
    I say feed it. Tell him the battery drain is actually just a virus placed by the NSA, because when he plugs it into a charger they get access to his email and contacts.

And that the Chinese are now using spy drones exactly the size, shape and appearance as houseflies.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Dude what the fuck.
    I hope this new job comes through for you. This dude sounds like he is slipping down the crazy slope.

We had one guy who came in to Barnes and Noble when I was working in the cafe and he would buy these guns and ammo magazines and survivalist mags and stuff. I'd do my 'hey you wanna buy a membership card?' spiel and he would get all smug and reply with 'so the government can track me? I think not, buddy.' He would then smirk as he pulled out his CREDIT CARD HE WAS PAYING WITH.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

I shit you not.

Wh... What?

• Options

Dude what the fuck.
    I hope this new job comes through for you. This dude sounds like he is slipping down the crazy slope.

We had one guy who came in to Barnes and Noble when I was working in the cafe and he would buy these guns and ammo magazines and survivalist mags and stuff. I'd do my 'hey you wanna buy a membership card?' spiel and he would get all smug and reply with 'so the government can track me? I think not, buddy.' He would then smirk as he pulled out his CREDIT CARD HE WAS PAYING WITH.

HE SURE SHOWED YOU!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Dude what the fuck.

PREPAID GOTCHA

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jgeis wrote: »

I shit you not.

Wh... What?

Yep

• Options

I shit you not.

Wh... What?

Yep

I take it someone else from your company was in the interview as well? Or just the poor guy being interviewed?

I don't even know how I would handle that, honestly.

• Options
    He legitimately believes he's been blessed by God with a capital G to be successful in life and a special blessing in the world of salesmanship

He is a manchild that has been indulged and encouraged in his delusions at every turn by his own father

• Options

I shit you not.

Wh... What?

Yep

I take it someone else from your company was in the interview as well? Or just the poor guy being interviewed?

I don't even know how I would handle that, honestly.

Idiot Son's father, the owner and founder of the company.

• Options
    Oh wow, OK. I am genuinely in awe that this guy keeps his job despite his father being so high up.

The nepotism is strong with this one.

• Options
    ~ Family Owned Business Medieval Fiefdom ~

• Options
    He legitimately believes he's been blessed by God with a capital G to be successful in life and a special blessing in the world of salesmanship

He is a manchild that has been indulged and encouraged in his delusions at every turn by his own father

On that point, is there any indication as to why Father allows Idiot Son to behave this way? Has he just sort of acknowledged the fact that he created his own monster or does he actually still approve of some of the shit that comes out of this guy's mouth?

I'm just trying to understand the dynamic of this relationship.

• Options
    He's basically Prince Joffrey from GoT

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'd be running.

Because, you know, winter is coming.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options

as jesus said unto his followers, murder hookers with crossbows

• Options

On that point, is there any indication as to why Father allows Idiot Son to behave this way? Has he just sort of acknowledged the fact that he created his own monster or does he actually still approve of some of the shit that comes out of this guy's mouth?

Father spent better part of son's youth building the business, neglecting him

Son became a literal crack addict and nutjob, then becomes born again

Father feels guilty, feels need to help his son for the rest of his life forever and ever amen

• Options

Father spent better part of son's youth building the business, neglecting him

Son became a literal crack addict and nutjob, then becomes born again

Father feels guilty, feels need to help his son for the rest of his life forever and ever amen

Ah. One of those scenarios.

Well, Father should be aware that after he dies/retires that this business is going to completely disappear. A best case scenario would be that he sells it to someone else and leaves Idiot Son with the money to then blow through.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

On your last day, replace his chair with one made out of swords.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I may break my "so raven" button from all this stuff about idiot son. I mean, really. Really? Really.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    on the scale of christian nutbag, speaking in tongues to strangers is just one small notch shy of dancing with venemous snakes, and there's not much beyond that other than a literal holyland crusade

Jasconius on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I'd be running.

Because, you know, winter is coming.

Not in Florida...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    on the scale of christian nutbag, speaking in tongues to strangers is just one small notch shy of dancing with venemous snakes, and there's not much beyond that other than a literal holyland crusade

Speaking of which. Fred Phelps died today.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    My coworker tells me, "Hey. Got to go to the restroom. Can you watch the system monitor."

A minute and a half later I get a text, "Realized I had to poop. Going to take a few more minutes."

W
    T
    F
    ?

:\

• Options
    You've never taken a step into the bathroom and gone: "Welp, this just changed priorities."?

• Options
    apparently that guy doesn't have very good mastery of his systems

This discussion has been closed.