As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fall of [Chat]

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    i've still never had scotch

It's not as nice as bourbon and coke.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Dang how is it 5 already?

HOW HAVE I STILL NOT EATEN ANYTHING

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    I think you're a lovely man and I too love whiskey.

The rest of that stuff you wrote... you're on your own there. That was like rhetorical seppuku.

<flees>

i'm just talking about my experiences

i try to be honest and transparent about it with myself and with others. i'd be lying if i said i just started drinking because i was curious about it, or something. and of course the greatest sin for my generation is to lack self-awareness.

i'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't affected by the ideas of "fine things" but i think it is very common - much moreso in this instance than gender identity motivations. I don't think drinking hard liquor has a powerful relationship with masculinity these days.

and having superficial motivations or interests isn't necessarily bad, as long as they are not the foundation for important decisions or behaviour. dressing well, for example, literally means caring about how you look to other people. you don't have to care about it, and you shouldn't let it control your life, but it's a fun indulgence and can be quite rewarding.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Straight razors kinda go with fixies, for me.

Like, I have one of those safety razors (not sure if this is the US terminology - common razor with a head that you throw away after a while and change for one of an over-priced pack of 3) WITH A BATTERY-POWERED MOTOR!

So, you just shave like with a normal rubbish safety razor but then it vibrates and shaves really smoothly and doesn't give me razor burn or cut me ever.

IT'S AN AWESOME PIECE OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY THAT DID NOT EVEN EXIST WHEN I WAS LEARNING TO SHAVE!

Purposefully choosing some old-timey-coincidentally-a-deadly-weapon razor makes me raise a single eyebrown, spock-like. A spockbrow.

Possibly spockbrow should be a unit measuring polite disbelief.

Straight razor? A single spockbrow.

A fixie? 3 spockbrows.

Also, I've seen someone attacked with a straight razor, and it didn't endear me towards the device much.

In summary, MY RAZOR IS SO COOL I AM LIVING IN THE FUTURE!

Safety razors are usually understood to be the kind you unscrew and mount a single blade on.
    import-Merkur-REAL.jpg

I have something that's more or less a straight razor too but it's tricker to work with and I think my skin is easier to cut now.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    it is universally regarded that @MrMister enjoys epicurean pleasures even less than @surrealitycheck‌

his main impetus tends to be the bacchanalian

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'm scared of safety razors and straight razors because of depression.

:expressionless:

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    fwiw having destroyed two freehub mechanisms riding through winter makes a fixie seem very attractive

I have a feeling the one on my singlespeed is on its way out at the moment

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Atomika wrote: »

: (

• Options
    edited March 2014
    posh, a safety razor isn't a disposable razor or one of those mach 3s. it's specifically a similarly-shaped thing that you use good ol' razor blades with. it isn't a straight razor, which looks more like a knife and is actually somewhat dangerous to use.

thus the name "safety razor" i guess.

you slide the blade into the safety razor, rather than putting on the whole head. razorblades are very cheap and are sharper. they're in fact so cheap that you can use one blade per shave and save tons of money over time vs replacing disposable heads.
    Chrome-Safety-Razor.jpg

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i love bacchanalia

also epicuria

also other stuff

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    straight razors are very difficult to use but give a much closer shave, and when done correctly, and combined with balms, hot towels, and aftershaves, can be a very stimulating and pleasurable experience

fixed gear bicycles are excellent ways to get around urban environs

that young people latch onto them as some sort of a gauge of authenticity ought not slight the things in themselves

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tl;dr hate the players don't hate the game

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    BjXJnb-IMAEPzw3.jpg

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

: (

I know. Kinda over-sharey of me, but I really want a straight razor for shaving because they do such a great job but I'm seriously scared and not trusting of myself.

:\

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    BjXJnb-IMAEPzw3.jpg

Wut.

• Options
    i feel like scheck specifically does enjoy epicurean pleasures

they are just

the baser subset thereof

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Omg

70 min deep tissue massage

Cool
    TREAT
    YO
    S...
    Accompanied with sea chanties and wooden ship acoustics

...WAIT...WHAT THE FUCK?

@Deebaser‌

Rad and I went to one of Lush's new spas. Lush wants them to have a British feel and the deept tissue massage in particular a nautical one. It was actually really nice. And then you finish with this:

wcv6ayX.png

There's one in NY!

• Options
    on the topic of hitlers

my buddy and i were comparing how weird our relatives are

he won by telling me about his possibly autistic cousin who is obsessed with Sephiroth and evil

and how, when his brother took this cousin to the war museum, she saw a picture of Hitler, pointed at it, and said "I love him! He's evil like MEEEEEEeeeee!"

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    it is universally regarded that MrMister enjoys epicurean pleasures even less than surrealitycheck‌

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    that is the best rum label

SHIPS RUM

• Options
    posh, a safety razor isn't a disposable razor or one of those mach 3s. it's specifically a similarly-shaped thing that you use good ol' razor blades with. it isn't a straight razor, which looks more like a knife and is actually somewhat dangerous to use.

thus the name "safety razor" i guess.

you slide the blade into the safety razor, rather than putting on the whole head. razorblades are very cheap and are sharper. they're in fact so cheap that you can use one blade per shave and save tons of money over time vs replacing disposable heads.
    Chrome-Safety-Razor.jpg

I really like mine. Soon it's gonna be a non-face thing only though, hopefully.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    it is universally regarded that MrMister enjoys epicurean pleasures even less than surrealitycheck‌

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

google doesn't even have a hit for that

how do you even

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i feel like scheck specifically does enjoy epicurean pleasures

they are just

the baser subset thereof

*basser

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    "did you mean bathrooms"

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    that is the best rum label

SHIPS RUM

The only disappointing part is I'm almost positive it's Captain Morgan.

Not that I, uh, took a swig out of the dropper bottle or anything.

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

how do you even

it's like you weren't even classically educated

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    i really want a safety razor because a) you get a better shave and b) you start saving money really quickly

it's just a better product than the shit you get with Gilette, and their marketing to make those razors the default was all-around a bad thing for men's hygiene

curse them and their legacy of razor burn

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Bruce Boxleitner and Scott Bakula in the same episode of Chuck

and I don't think they get a scene together

criminal

• Options

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

how do you even

invented compound word of bathy (prefix for deep, as in bathycolpian - deep cleavage, or bathysphere, a spherical deep-sea submersible) plus a guess at an english derivative of geuomai

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    "did you mean bathrooms"

yes

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    don't worry jake

scheck is bizarrely intelligent and highly educated and i'm really glad he's a hedonistic wastrel of high birth and low character because otherwise i'd just feel bad about myself every time he posts

• Options
    bathycolpian - deep cleavage

searing this into my brain as we speak

• Options
    i really want a safety razor because a) you get a better shave and b) you start saving money really quickly

it's just a better product than the shit you get with Gilette, and their marketing to make those razors the default was all-around a bad thing for men's hygiene

You've gotta buy the whole kit though. Brush, soap, etc.

Though the soap is amazingly awesome, really.

• Options

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

how do you even

i spent 4 years learning latin ;_;

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    im ordering a pizza and some spicy chicken nuggetssssssssss

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Sun burn! From about half an hour outside. Dammit texas

Now the whole rodeo thing makes sense.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    im ordering a pizza and some spicy chicken nuggetssssssssss

bless your plaque-encrusted, struggling heart

• Options

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

how do you even

i spent 4 years learning latin ;_;

more like wheelacks

get dunked on

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

You've gotta buy the whole kit though. Brush, soap, etc.

Though the soap is amazingly awesome, really.

You don't really

I use a safety razor with bog standard shave gel lathered by hand

Although I do get oiler gel as opposed to soapier

• Options
    i try to learn things but i've spent too much brain space on meaningless shit

aaron paul had a cameo in van wilder as "wasted guy"

ben grieve was american league rookie of the year in 1998

thurman thomas is the only player to score in 4 straight super bowls

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.