As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD Steam thread is old.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The only other game I can think of where kicking people and things is as much fun as Dark Messiah, is FEAR. Does anyone know any more? I'd like to someday dedicate a Steam category to it, or at least tag them

edit: I just remembered the best bit of fun I've had in DM. You're on a boat thats getting ready to depart, but you have to hold off a wave of dudes first. I think the idea is supposed to be that you sally forth and kill them before they get too close. But a much more fun and very effective alternate method is let them waltz all the way up to the gangplank and kick them into the water - one after the other. The 8th guy to give the exact same tactic a shot much have though that surely his leg is getting sore by now and there's no way he ca-*KICK*

Any ranged goons can be given to the drowned god by a swift box to the face, too

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Duke Nukem 3D and the double kick of doom.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    @DaringDirk‌ Lichdom: Battlemage is definitely a lot like Dark Messiah! The magic feels great and everything is quite visceral. The game looks great too on the newest CryEngine.

However, this is game is super in Alpha. UI is basic/minimal, no story or voice acting really, poor optimization and only two elements (fire and ice) so far at least, it seems like there will be 6-8 maybe?

Keep an eye on it for sure. The game just feels great to play, and its at the point already which is a good sign. The core of the game is there, all that's missing is the various bits and bobs and decorative stuff.

I think they need to add a kick button though.

See, someone who really understood the appeal of Dark Messiah would know that the spells are the faff. The kick button is the one and only thing you need.

It should be called BattleKicker and have only 1 attack button that is always kick.

I don't know, maybe let you equip different boots too.

That's true, the daggers/staff/sword+shield were some of the most fun in that game. Though the ice spell let you trip guys and have them fall over ledges which was pretty great.

The Kick was the best. It also had Rope Arrows which was rad.

I'm going to reinstall Dark Messiah.

I've been calling the game "The Adventures of Sir Kicksalot Deathboot in the Land of the Conspicuously Placed Spike Racks" for awhile now, it's great fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCTAVvTyslU

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Thank you very much @Ashe for Cannon Fodder 3! <3

Cm6Zg7N.jpg

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Are Spore's servers gone? I just want to know so I can stop it from asking me to sign on if they are gone.

The servers are up, but apparently, they're not allowing connections from accounts created more recently than June 2013.
    Back in September 2013, they said: "We apologize for this inconvenience, and we are working to enable access for those of you with newer accounts. Please keep an eye on this article for updates, and we will update it when more information is available."
    Six months later...

Try bugging EA support, they may be able to sort things out one-on-one.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Wow, September. That's just sad.

In Steam news I finally got my first level 2 badge - for TF2. I thought I would get something special, like a hat, but it was just another coupon, background, and an emote. Cool I guess. If anyone needs a Steam background let me know - I have a bunch I'll never use.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Try bugging EA support,
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    sort of like that game Godhand but with feet?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    jeffinva wrote: »
    The iOS app appears to have gotten a facelift, but the response times are higher.

sorry, but I care about crapple because? Nope, it isn't steam. In the words of some people around here.

@jeffinca NOPE!

sorry, steam more, crapple less. just saying.

edit:
    and I would remove you from my friends on steam list, but you don't link your steam account. You are steam threading wrong. Hyping another companions crapple.... and not linking your steam account. just my 2 steam thread posts.

A. We don't need you to police the thread and tell people what they can and can't post. We have people for that. They're good.
    B. You're an adult unironically using the pun "crapple" to refer to a hardware manufacturer. Grow up.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Try bugging EA support,

To be fair EA support is way better than Steam support and will probably try to do something about it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    rikdaly wrote: »

Try bugging EA support,

To be fair EA support is way better than Steam support and will probably try to do something about it

I'm curious as to what other people's experiences with Steam support have been like. It once took me close to a month to get a refund for a game that didn't work. I wouldn't have even minded not getting a refund, but the response time was atrocious.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Let it be known, @‌SanderJK has won. Remember Him. For at least another page.

signature.png

Let it also be known that he was the first one to enter. Remember that!

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Given a choice between being doused with voracious fire ants while nailed through my feet to a splintery dock in the blazing sun and having to rely on Steam support for anything, I would have to think long and hard before giving an answer.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Try bugging EA support,

I purchased Spore at launch and it had a bad code. After a huge runaround with EA customer support trying to get a code that will let me play the game that I purchased they said they couldn't do anything for me.

Meanwhile all my steam games work when I buy them.

So huge fucking disagree there.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    So Hack n' Slash coming soon from Doublefine looks pretty swell (thanks Kotaku!) Your sword lets you hack items in-game, like blocks, chests, doors, mobs, bosses, etc. and change their attributes. But the changes are actual changes to the games code and its possible to break the game (and retcon it with some sort of narratively coherent rollback)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iv3K3ikSdsM

That sounds pretty awesome.
    "Double Fine says the game will be out in the first half of 2014"
    is this the nerdiest thing?
    Dammit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what other people's experiences with Steam support have been like. It once took me close to a month to get a refund for a game that didn't work. I wouldn't have even minded not getting a refund, but the response time was atrocious.

@pixelated pixie

I remember ol' Luch had to send them a series of emails, the final one had to include the phrase "stop ignoring me" before anything happened.

Valve has a "flat" or "bossless environment" where employees work on "what they want to work on", which is pretty cool, it's just that it seems like no one wants to work on support tickets.

If anyone at Valve is reading this, you can hire me, I'll come do support tickets all day in exchange for a decent salary and access to the employee cafeteria. Like, that's all I'll do. Honest.

It would be worth it for the employee account.

• Options

Try bugging EA support,

i had a game that i meant to buy as a gift and stupidly opened (i was young and new to the newell's delicious teat) returned to my inventory in about 2 days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    Given a choice between being doused with voracious fire ants while nailed through my feet to a splintery dock in the blazing sun and having to rely on Steam support for anything, I would have to think long and hard before giving an answer.

Really? Seems like an easy choice to me...

Go with the ants.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Let it be known, @‌SanderJK has won. Remember Him. For at least another page.

signature.png

Let it also be known that he was the first one to enter. Remember that!

More importantly:
    Remember the Classiness of @Man of the Waves

hrLWyat.png

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular

Try bugging EA support,

My only experience with Steam support was when they blocked my account from buying anything this past January after too much buying/gifting. It took a week to get it fixed. This seemed especially fast since it came right on the heels of me waiting for over a month to get a problem solved with Humble Bundle support. I realize this isn't the norm, and maybe it's because I was trying to give them more money, but my experience with Steam support wasn't too bad.

• Options
    so bioshock infinite is pretty cheap

but i've hated the last two bioshocks

is it likely that i will not be pleased?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I found Infinate to be infinately overrated. It's not bad, but the gameplay is kind of bleh, and it's quite linear. The characters are all very well done and well voice acted, but I thought the story was a bit too high concept for me.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    New thread! New title!

Feels good.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Try bugging EA support,

My account got locked down right around the summer sale - wasn't allowed to buy anything or add funds to my wallet or anything of the sort. Apparently because I bought too much and it tripped a flag or something (they never did explain why, so that's just an assumption). It took me somewhere around 10-14 days of ceaseless pestering them to get the issue resolved and prove that I am, in fact, me. For most of that time, my tickets and emails were completely ignored. Even after I sent them the requested information proving that yes, the same bank card I'd been using since day 1 was still verily my own, I was answered with resounding silence for several days. I finally emailed The Gaben himself with my [remarkably restrained and polite] opinion of Steam support and, perhaps coincidentally, got results within the next day or so.

I might have been rather grumpy during this period. Undoubtedly there was twitching involved. There may or may not be bodies buried in my backyard now.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @BornToHula‌ had to wait months to get access to his buying privileges back. I wanna say couldn't play stuff either, just chat during that time. I know for a fact there was no accepting gifts though. It was the most ridiculous thing.

• Options
    No gifting? But that goes against the steam spirit!

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    @BornToHula‌ had to wait months to get access to his buying privileges back. I wanna say couldn't play stuff either, just chat during that time. I know for a fact there was no accepting gifts though. It was the most ridiculous thing.

what happened?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    The only other game I can think of where kicking people and things is as much fun as Dark Messiah, is FEAR. Does anyone know any more? I'd like to someday dedicate a Steam category to it, or at least tag them

One finger death punch has lots of this.

And although it's not on Steam, you can jump kick in Titanfall too, among other things

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The only other game I can think of where kicking people and things is as much fun as Dark Messiah, is

... Dive Kick?

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

If you hated the first two then you are probably not going to like Infinite.
    A lot of people found the combat clunky like the original. Personally I didn't experience any issues with it or feel like it was a hindrance, but then I also enjoyed the first two titles as much as Infinite.

DaxterMax on
    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »

One finger death punch has lots of this.

And although it's not on Steam, you can jump kick in Titanfall too, among other things

Bulletstorm has good kicking.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Are Spore's servers gone? I just want to know so I can stop it from asking me to sign on if they are gone.

The servers are up, but apparently, they're not allowing connections from accounts created more recently than June 2013.
    Back in September 2013, they said: "We apologize for this inconvenience, and we are working to enable access for those of you with newer accounts. Please keep an eye on this article for updates, and we will update it when more information is available."
    Six months later...

Try bugging EA support, they may be able to sort things out one-on-one.

I don't really give a damn about the online component, honestly. I'll check in like, a few months or something. I might not even get to playing it before then.

Try bugging EA support,

I got them to remove a game from my library within a week and a half of the request. Does that count? ;)

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »

If you hated the first two then you are probably not going to like Infinite.
    A lot of people found the combat clunky like the original. Personally I didn't experience any issues with it or feel like it was a hindrance, but then I also enjoyed the first two titles as much as Infinite.

I liked the original Bioshock and I loved Infinite. Bioshock 2 just felt like an expansion pack.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular

I loved the first two BioShocks but was super unimpressed with Infinite, so perhaps your experience will be the opposite. What is it about the first two that you hated? If it was mixing and matching the various Plasmids and Tonics, finding interesting ways for them to interact, or getting the various enemies to fight one another and watching how they dealt with each other, or carefully planning for fights by hacking turrets and bots and placing traps and stuff, or exploring the horrifying, claustrophobic environment of Rapture and learning about the people there, then you might like Infinite, because that's all gone. If what you hated were the awesome graphics and the parts where you shoot people with guns, those are still there so you might not like Infinite.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular

Try bugging EA support,

I asked them a question about the market selling cap and pretty much got a copy paste answer from the FAQ page.

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    a

Try bugging EA support,

I recently purchased something as a gift for someone where they owned the majority of the content through ingame purchases so it didn't show up on their list of owned items. They returned the item and I left it in my inventory while seeking a refund. It took them four days to refund the purchase. I think because it wasn't activated on any account it was pretty quick. This was pretty recent so they may be getting better?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Steam Support just isn't professional. There are no guidelines and whenever something happens, that just means that the guy on the other hand had a good or bad day.

That being said, I have had a horrible experience with EA CustServ, where they asked me to wait in a queue to talk to someone in their online chat for over 6 hours only to be then disconnected. The next day I connected again, waited 3 hours, talked to a dude, who said "you were in the wrong queue" and moved me to another queue, waited 2 hours, only to get a 3 line answer of "We can't do anything sorry." There have been few times where I was as angry at a company as that. This was when the SimCity debacle was smoldering (maybe 4 weeks after it launched), I had gotten NFS as compensation and hit a gamestopping bug 30 minutes in and wanted to switch.

I eventually wrote a long email detailing the problem, a link to their own forum of other people having the problem (It had something to due with the rendering of the cutscenes causing a CTD), and got back a ridicilous long list of 'suggestions' copypaste up to reformatting my PC. At that point I gave up.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

I enjoyed the first, but only finished about 2/3 or 3/4.

The second i was only ever able to get 1/4 of the way through at best.

As far as Infinite, different setting, more of the same....for some reason I find the game dull. I've only played 2 hours though.
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Try bugging EA support,

I asked them a question about the market selling cap and pretty much got a copy paste answer from the FAQ page.

Regarding the market selling cap, I had to wait for about 2 - 3 weeks after sending them info proving I was Canadian to be able to sell again. I think a 3rd party handles some of the tax stuff for the market.

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.