As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE BUCS PLAYOFF CHANCES!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    not if your team is the bills! what's a prime time game?

That thing they give the bills when they are playing a bigger market team the announcers want to talk about like the patriots or the dolphins.

Also kind of sad the Hawks are using Ireland after the martin fiasco I'd figure that guy wouldn't work again, poor form Seattle poor form.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That dude deserves it.

He's a friggin beast.

• Options
    It does set the Sherman Negotiation price point at pretty high. If they are willing to spend that on Thomas they have to at least be willing to go 12 mil a year for Sherman.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Or they figure Sherman is already gone and they're moving his cash into Thomas' contract

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    So if Baldwin doesn't sign his tender by friday and they don't negotiate a longer deal what happens? From the inconclusive googling i've done it seems like 1 of 3 options: A) they can keep the current tender offered B) they can reduce the offer to 110% of last years salary or C) they can revoke the tender and he becomes a UFA.

• Options
    I thought Doug Baldwin already signed for longer and more money in the off season? Has he not signed that?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/23/doug-baldwin-hasnt-signed-rfa-tender-but-still-working-out-with-seahawks/
    As of 5 days ago no. I haven't heard anything since then. They offered him a 2nd round tender this offseason, might be thinking of that.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    "Preacher wrote: »
    I thought Doug Baldwin already signed for longer and more money in the off season? Has he not signed that?

Am I the only one who doesn't think Wilson has enough weapons to throw to this coming season?

Harvin Baldwin rice

Better than most but when rice almost certainly goes down with a injury they will bump down to average

Wilson has the chance to be great but he needs help to get there.

They should take a reciever In the first 3 rounds.

zllehs on
  • Options
    Nah you're not wrong you forgot Kearse though. The bigger issue for Wilson is the coaches need to let him be free. Most of the time they aren't calling deep shots.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    You forget. This year is the healthy year for Rice. It alternates.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nah you're not wrong you forgot Kearse though. The bigger issue for Wilson is the coaches need to let him be free. Most of the time they aren't calling deep shots.
    Ah, that's kind of the heart of their passing offense. Wilson finished fourth in the league in YPA. They're never going to call 35 pass plays a game so his raw yardage stats will always look piddling, but they like that deep action.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    I wouldn't draft him after the piss poor performance he had last year!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    So, why is it a big deal to have nationally televised home games?

I mean, I guess I don't get why it would matter to anyone that their nationally televised games were home games or not. Is it more fun to watch a game that happens in a particular stadium? When I watch games, I mostly just want to see my team playing. I mean, I guess that it matters for the advantages of particular fields, but that shouldn't matter for the national televising...

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The crowd cheers when your team does something good, so for anyone watching who doesn't give a shit about the two teams playing (most people), that might make them slightly more likely to cheer for your team. Also your stadium/city/state gets showcased a little. Your logo is splashed all over everything. And with home field advantage, you're probably more likely to win. Or, in the case of some teams -- looking at you, Lions, Browns, Bills, Bucs, Raiders, Jags, etc -- slightly less likely to lose.

Cog on
  • Options
    Different fields also look nicer/worse. I mean in baseball the mariners may be awful but safeco is still a beautiful ball park.

And a little local pride, you get to your team in the big national spot and have the fish thrower shot, and the space needle shot, and the ferry pulling into the docks shot.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

I mean, I guess I don't get why it would matter to anyone that their nationally televised games were home games or not. Is it more fun to watch a game that happens in a particular stadium? When I watch games, I mostly just want to see my team playing. I mean, I guess that it matters for the advantages of particular fields, but that shouldn't matter for the national televising...

I'm a season ticket holder for the Pats and we fist pump for every 1 o'clock home game. 430 games mean you don't get home until 11 and still have to leave before 10am. Night games mean the next day at work is going to be a problem.

Road prime time games, or night games if you're not going means you get to watch a full day of football/Redzone and then top it off with the main event.

My favorite game time quirk this year? Week 8, 930AM EST game in London. You can watch NFL football from 930AM to 1130PM with essentially no break

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I am the opposite. I hate night games because I spend all day all nervous/terrified, because I get too amped up for the teams I really care about. College, not the Lions, as I am not THAT much of a glutton for punishment, but same idea.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Only team I ever get really mad about is the mariners, and I'm seeing a therapist for that. But yeah if you really like the team in the night game it can be nerve wracking when they don't play well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

I'm a season ticket holder for the Pats and we fist pump for every 1 o'clock home game. 430 games mean you don't get home until 11 and still have to leave before 10am. Night games mean the next day at work is going to be a problem.

Road prime time games, or night games if you're not going means you get to watch a full day of football/Redzone and then top it off with the main event.

My favorite game time quirk this year? Week 8, 930AM EST game in London. You can watch NFL football from 930AM to 1130PM with essentially no break

You mean you're watching them at a bar or something? (I ask, because the question was about whether they're televised or not.)

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

You mean you're watching them at a bar or something? (I ask, because the question was about whether they're televised or not.)

Ah I misunderstood national to mean prime time. The other reason to care if they are national is usually the top 2 or 3 broadcasting teams for CBS/Fox are much more tolerable than #5 or #6.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    hippofant wrote: »

Ah I misunderstood national to mean prime time. The other reason to care if they are national is usually the top 2 or 3 broadcasting teams for CBS/Fox are much more tolerable than #5 or #6.

By which you mean the second/third team, because the lead team for both networks is awwwwwwwwful.

• Options
    Has CBS announced who is replacing Dierdork?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    History would suggest someone much, much worse than him. Who is probably so concussed they can only speak in generalities.

• Options
    History would suggest someone much, much worse than him. Who is probably so concussed they can only speak in generalities.

Aikman already has a gig.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Has CBS announced who is replacing Dierdork?

a tree stump

might be toooooo much of an upgrade though

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    They'll probably just have Phil and Chris Simms, for extra nepotism goodness.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Bernie Kosar, come on down!

• Options
    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/05/julius-thomas-says-seahawks-aint-tough.html#comments

Julius Thomas just now waking up after this hit.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3948341/kamhit2.gif

Should not be allowed to play, because that hit knocked the god damn sense out of him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Reading the comments:

"The best pure pass rusher doesn't grow and fall out of trees"

"No he just runs over them in his car while drunk"

I have to say I lol'd

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roger Goodell fails to learn from mistakes of NYPD and NCAA, holds #AskCommish talk on Twitter.

Needless to say, hilarity soon ensued.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Roger Goodell fails to learn from mistakes of NYPD and NCAA, holds #AskCommish talk on Twitter.

Needless to say, hilarity soon ensued.

Still not as good as the time Chris Kluwe rick rolled him during an AMA.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Wait, Harry Reid runs the Will McAvoy twitter account?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    When the sitting Senate Majority Leader uses your social media event to call you out on your racist owner that you're protecting, you have officially lost Twitter.

Edit: Confused my houses.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Majority, unless McConnell condemned it too.

• Options
    What makes me laugh is that we've had three high profile examples (McCarthy, NCAA, NYPD) that doing this when you are controversial is just asking for abuse.

And yet he did it.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Holding our rookie draft for my keeper league and I got an expletive filled text after I made my pick.

These are the joys that make fantasy football fun.