As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

APRIL F...

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm glad I've never had the dickish kind of friends to have to worry about having a mean prank pulled on me.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    .....I'm gonna need a FAQ to find all these pokemon....

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Machwing wrote: »
    My birthday is the day after april fools

I have jury duty on my birthday (not april fools)

:|
    You and my older sister share a birthday.

Every time I meet somebody with my birthday, they say the same thing. "Wow, what are the odds?"

And I always reply, "About 1 in 365."

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

Every time I meet somebody with my birthday, they say the same thing. "Wow, what are the odds?"

this reminds me of when a few of us at work were trying to figure out the odds of two people in our office of ~30 would have the same birthday (two of them did)

none of us are math geniuses but we're all functioning adults of average intelligence, so we figured we could work it out without too much trouble

after about 10 minutes of nobody agreeing, we turned to google for help, and as it turns out, there's a wiki entry discussing it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

and there is a shitload of math going on there. luckily it gave us our answer in a convenient little text box.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    .....I'm gonna need a FAQ to find all these pokemon....

well, sure you can use a FAQ.

If you're a pokemon quitter instead of a pokemon master.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

What are the odds of three servers at the same restaurant named 'Michael Wayne R.....' and they all have the same birthday (January 4th) on consecutive years?

Hint: next to nothing.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hmmm.. Haven't downloaded it yet, but was the Google Pokemon stuff done with Nintendo's help? I assume they had Nintendo's blessing, but given everything that's gone on about Nintendo releasing games on the iPhone or other mobile devices...

Combined with the Wii U Street View thing...

Nintendo and Google working together?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ...are you suggesting that we might live in a world where pokemon games are ported to Android but not iOS

because that would be a nightmare

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I have 72 Pokemon and have caught many multiple times. Dragonite at Loch Ness! But there is also a Dragonite on screen when you start playing. But Glaceon on Mt. Everest! Why can't I stop.

e: Awwww yisssss Scizor on UT Austin's campus. My favorite! Thanks dude that mentioned it in this thread!

SirToasty on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    World Plays Pokemon

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    World Plays Pokemon

!anarchy

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    ...are you suggesting that we might live in a world where pokemon games are ported to Android but not iOS

No that would be amazing.

Though in this case it most likely means Nintendo is going to make tie in apps for their games and Android will be their focus

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    In the Pokedex it has x5, x25, x75, and x150. For each one, once you reach it it shows a new Pokemon. I'm guessing it all shows the same ones. I have Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, and the empty space. Is this a hint? WHAT'S THE EMPTY SPACE (It's probably Mew or something and nothing special like a Mega Raichu or anything)

• Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    So April first is my birthday, I was going to post on facebook for all my friends to come to my party at a bar and that I was buying. Then I was going to get drunk at a different bar.

Funny thing is that a complaint with the state labor board apparently just got me a weeks vacation pay that an ex employer was trying to keep from giving me. I Now have the cash to have an actual party or a better prank. I have to think quick or just keep the original plan but actually not be a dick and show up.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Is the img broken for the April Fool's badge the punchline?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Foolproof wrote: »
    So April first is my birthday, I was going to post on facebook for all my friends to come to my party at a bar and that I was buying. Then I was going to get drunk at a different bar.

Funny thing is that a complaint with the state labor board apparently just got me a weeks vacation pay that an ex employer was trying to keep from giving me. I Now have the cash to have an actual party or a better prank. I have to think quick or just keep the original plan but actually not be a dick and show up.

Chain the doors of the bar they're going to and burn it down with them inside. It's a classic prank.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options

Though in this case it most likely means Nintendo is going to make tie in apps for their games and Android will be their focus

Still awful!

• Options

Still awful!

I guess for people who think apple products are worth buying it is.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Still awful!

I guess for people who think apple products are worth buying it is.

Do they even count as people though?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    who said anything about Apple?

I have a SilphPhone.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Nuka is at my place right now and I'm really hoping that she doesn't have some wild plan concocted for me tomorrow.

• Options
    OBJECTION!

You say you have a SilphPhone, yet you say

implying that you have an iOS product! And yet, SilphPhones don't run iOS!

What do you have to say in your defense?

( :rotate: )

• Options
    who said anything about Apple?

I have a SilphPhone.

Pffft. I bet you still have a poketch

• Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    OBJECTION!

You say you have a SilphPhone, yet you say

implying that you have an iOS product! And yet, SilphPhones don't run iOS!

What do you have to say in your defense?

( :rotate: )

yeah, ivysaurOS, SilphCo.'s new OS

I don't understand what the problem is?

• Options
    Oh sure, because you're the brother of a Gym Leader you get to have all the cutting-edge, unreleased tech, but among those not inside your rarefied circles, our phones are still on BeOS! Bellsprout Operating System, if you can't remember!

hmpf!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm sure I mentioned this last year, but the only April Fool's joke I ever attempted and succeed at was copy the spider of the PSOne game spider from a little disc flyer that came in a copy of EGM. After drawing really detailed eyes and expanding the scale, I taped the drawing on a white piece of paper to the side of our all white refrigerator which was immediately beside the doorway to the hall that led to the bedrooms.

This mean that immediately after leaving the hall to the bedroom my brother, who had a terrible fear of spiders up until he hit adulthood, would have to pass right by this drawing.

I never saw his reaction but eventually came upon it several weeks later with the face scribbled out with marker.

Considering the lip he's given the family over the past year, I resolve to do something similar with a digital print of something similar to what was posted on the last page, along with a bag of halloween spiders spread across the guest bedroom.

• Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    Oh sure, because you're the brother of a Gym Leader you get to have all the cutting-edge, unreleased tech, but among those not inside your rarefied circles, our phones are still on BeOS! Bellsprout Operating System, if you can't remember!

hmpf!

oh, don't fuss so much. ivysaurOS will be released to the public soon.

Of course, by then I'll be using arceusOS...

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Oh, hey...we talkin about animes in here?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Oh, hey...we talkin about animes in here?

No, there's a thread for that.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I caught a male Combee in Platinum on a sweet smelling tree. Male Combee, as you may know, are basically worthless. What I really need is a FEMALE Combee. Also I caught a Female Burmy, so I'll be able to get Wormadam! I don't know whether I should try and go for Bug/Grass (Leaf Coat) Bug/Ground (Sandy Coat) or Bug/Steel (Trash Coat)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Did anyone else get their avatar changed to a banned avatar, without actually being banned?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So this year, instead of playing farts over the shows, or showing The Room, Adult Swim is showing a bunch of older shows. I know there'll be a bunch of Space Ghost, and an all-new episode of Perfect Hair Forever.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So this year, instead of playing farts over the shows, or showing The Room, Adult Swim is showing a bunch of older shows. I know there'll be a bunch of Space Ghost, and an all-new episode of Perfect Hair Forever.

YOU'REWYING WIYA!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular

I want to see a new Perfect Hair Forever but I'm afraid this post is itself a prank

mkc.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Maaaan, did I just completely miss out on the April Fools day anime thread?

I am devastated.