Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    They say early September on the forums. Magneto, Juggernaut and Venom are coming soon as well, according to the new Villains pack they're selling too.

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    McHoger wrote: »
    So I haven't played this game since it originally came out, but including Rogue interests me enough that I might come back. If I pre-ordered how long are they talking before she is released?

Somewhere between a bit over a week and a month at the outside.

That month is super safe, I'd actually expect to see her within two weeks or so.

Edit: Double checking this I found this under "Playable Eventually":
    HOWARD THE DUCK
    Voice is recorded. Playable at some point.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Howard is supposedly going to be a Teamup

• Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    I just started playing again, made a new account so I wouldn't have to look at the loading screens of junk heroes I was given (before splinters). Not even level 30 and I have an entire row of themed event currencies. They really want people to buy more stash tabs! It would be really nice if each hero's inventory was unique at least.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    By the way- is there an actual group trying the raid out? I'm interested but as my online time tends to be late I tend to miss these things.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Did I hear something about Jean Gray getting her review soonish? I only recently came back and I'm still learning all this stuff.

Also, what should I do with Omega points? I assume they're account-wide to earn, but character-specific to spend?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Bobble wrote: »
    Did I hear something about Jean Gray getting her review soonish? I only recently came back and I'm still learning all this stuff.

Also, what should I do with Omega points? I assume they're account-wide to earn, but character-specific to spend?

Yes, Jean Gray gets her review next.

More grind. Account wide to earn but spend that amount for each character individually. Retcon to change for a character.

So if you have 100 Omega points then each character gets to spend 100 Omega points as they choose.

So far it seems that means they take Spin Tech 10/10 then look around for other options.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Rogue should be out in a week (two at the most).

• Options
    edited August 2014
    3tkXySw.jpg

3103937-mastersofevil00407.jpg

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    That's a really nice costume, but it's definitely missing a sash to make it perfect.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I wonder what the chances are of a Thunderbolts pack now that they are doing villains too.

Also I will acquire Howard the Duck. Team-Up or Hero, I don't care. He will be mine.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Must be a Dink costume. NC is packing quite the hammock there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Howard The Duck, in any form, is up there with the rumored Pizza Dog pet as something I will instantly purchase or acquire the moment it becomes available.

• Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    I got Cyclops leveled from 45 to 50 and Gambit from 1 to 20. Today was a good day. :)

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    King Bacon (gameplay designer):
    Do you like crit stats?

Well I do so I decided to put them in the Character Stats page. You will be able to view the following crit stats:
    • Critical Melee Rating
    • Critical Ranged Rating
    • Critical Physical Rating
    • Critical Energy Rating
    • Critical Mental Rating
    • Critical Area Rating.

Text is not finalized and I'm not sure which upcoming patch this will be in (definitely not this week's patch).

5iT6tIV.png

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Why...would we really need that?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So you know what items that give things like crit to certain types, like doc ock medal for example, do for you exactly

• Options
    Yea, I have like 2000 something conditional Damage Rating on Marvel which really skews things.

What they need to do is have these stats pop ups for each power be available but I doubt we'll ever get that.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Why...would we really need that?

right now, critical area, critical energy, etc. do not actually show on your character sheet. Just a bit more information for the player, especially those who may not know that and think they are missing stats.

253J736.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Of course, it doesn't really help you know what crit rating your ranged area mental attack has, but it's a start at least.

I'd rather see them make a thing for all possible combinations, and then hide the ones that don't make sense for your character, like hiding physical and mental for Silver Surfer while showing ranged energy, ranged area energy, etc.

• Options
    Or just make it so hovering over the skill itself gives you the pertinent data. Which shouldn't be hard, since they already have them all tagged and everything!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Howard The Duck, in any form, is up there with the rumored Pizza Dog pet as something I will instantly purchase or acquire the moment it becomes available.

If they make a dog team up, there is only one right answer who he should be, comrade

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Cosmo as a team up, Pizza dog as a pet.
    Best of both worlds.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Cosmo as a team up, Pizza dog as a pet.
    Best of both worlds.

This is great tkinking.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Do not upgrade unbound uniques with challenge bonuses it can have poor side effects
    234e52e4-fb3c-4135-abf7-7b5d81bec216.png

• Options
    The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers will be coming down at 6AM for Game Update 1.13 and our Operation Omega event!

• Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    Do not upgrade unbound uniques with challenge bonuses it can have poor side effects

This is a known issue that they're working on. Official response here.

MisterGrok on
    GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    Oh, new event? Maybe I'll actually not loathe this one.

Still those last two days sound like hardcore grind time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XDefense is the filthiest hive of villainy and scum known to man, its like there a douche bag handbook that says you can only arrive with 1 item slot free and you have to pick up and sell EVERYTHING, so as soon as something drops grab it and run to the vendor immediately. All this running of course will make you tired so be sure to take frequent breaks and just afk a few every other round, or hell just wait to even start until round 8, and if you die be sure to blame the other people in xdef for not healing you or doing their fair share of damage.

I wish I could tag people I ignore in there as the POS they are so I can just abandon matches I get with them or just prevent me from ever autojoining with an ignored player. Xdef dailies are the worst.

• Options
    XDefense is the filthiest hive of villainy and scum known to man, its like there a douche bag handbook that says you can only arrive with 1 item slot free and you have to pick up and sell EVERYTHING, so as soon as something drops grab it and run to the vendor immediately. All this running of course will make you tired so be sure to take frequent breaks and just afk a few every other round, or hell just wait to even start until round 8, and if you die be sure to blame the other people in xdef for not healing you or doing their fair share of damage.

I wish I could tag people I ignore in there as the POS they are so I can just abandon matches I get with them or just prevent me from ever autojoining with an ignored player. Xdef dailies are the worst.

I really hate the all or nothing nature of the Shared Quest. Basically it is completely beyond your control and you have to hope you get matched with some folks who can get to wave 10 to make any progress. Bonus: It will take you like 15 minutes to find out if you get anything! It's a bit like the Dora time sink thing. I know why they don't want low rounds to give out defender medals, because people would annihilate the first couple waves then immediately quit and restart, but damn if this doesn't suck.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    you can only arrive with 1 item slot free and you have to pick up and sell EVERYTHING.

Not saying I disagree, but with all the stupid currency types, runes, relics and so forth. It can be a bit understandable to be a bit short on inventory space in this game.

• Options
    Geddoe wrote: »
    you can only arrive with 1 item slot free and you have to pick up and sell EVERYTHING.

Not saying I disagree, but with all the stupid currency types, runes, relics and so forth. It can be a bit understandable to be a bit short on inventory space in this game.
    Those should really be put in your stash the moment you get back from the previous escapade.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Geddoe wrote: »

I run with only 10 slots free in my inventory but i dont pick up everything and only hit the stash once every 3 or 4 xdef runs (usually after an event in the area of the stash so i dont leave the rest of the people hanging). If you are compelled to pick up every blue or higher item because it might have the stats you are looking to upgrade you should really plan accordingly so as not to be a detriment to everyone else attending.

Its just common courtesy to other people who are there doing their best, I may grumble internally about the the lvl x1 x2 who might be a tad low for an xdef, or the guys who are near useless getting annihilated before rounds of double digits, or the heroes who arent particularly good at xdef. I understand those people aren't responsible that their favorite hero doesnt have optimal or even good builds to be in xdef, but the people who would rather climb on the collective back of everyone else in there, who cant give 20 minutes of effort who dont even try,.... fuck those guys.

This is just bitterness talking here but they seem to be the same ones collecting a unique or uniques at the end of the match. It irks me that I'm helping those guys.

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Path notes are up!

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/124739/marvel-heroes-2015-2-13-patch-notes

Most importantly:

Daredevil's Spinning Hook Kick can be activated within 3 seconds of performing a Finisher (up from 2 seconds).

Yes.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Are the servers up now, though?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Fixed a bug where Squirrel's LOH would sometimes proc multiple times on a single squirrel making her invincible for a time.

Uh oh.....

• Options
    RIP squirrel girl.

Your diminished army just isn't as fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Meh. i'll still play her. It's not the size of the army that matters to me, it's the fact that I'm taking down Magneto and Doctor doom by throwing squirrels at them. Hell, with the smaller size and easier ramp up, I might even give squirrel presents a try.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Are the servers up now, though?

I haven't even gotten the patch push yet.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    man i really want the servers to be up now.

This discussion has been closed.