Options

[Marvel Heroes 2015] Midtown Madness Week

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Started to level Cable and he's just...weird. He does buckets of damage but I have to run up to people's faces to use one power. Meanwhile the wall needs precise placement and generally works best after running into someone's face and dropping it. It's all just kinda janky and weird considering he's supposed to be a ranged guy.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Cable desperately needs his 52 review. He's not bad, but like you said he's kind of clunky. It's hard to figure out how to play him properly.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    How is it hard? You hold down EP on things while dropping 3 dots. 3 long range dots.

Using repulsor is purely optional.

Cable in 100 words or less: Put Energy Pulse on LMB. Put Bodyslide on RMB.

Put Vortex grenade on A, Psychic Haze on S, Psychokinetic Barrier on D.

See enemy, press A/S/D, hold down LMB.

If enemy gets close, move mouse to anywhere enemy isn't and press RMB. No need to release LMB and lose DPS because Cable will keep shooting regardless of where you teleport.

Prostyles for placing Barrier a few inches to the front of an enemy so you block any projectiles. Otherwise just drop it right on them.

Cable master!

~

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Isn't Repulsion still a big chunk of his damage? I know at one point it was his highest DPS but....well I'm pretty sure he still has all his points unspent from the last big reset on my account.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    I need to find 3 Tyr runes and I heard that the drop rate for these is a little better on Thursdays. Since I'm off tomorrow I planned on using a bunch of boosts and playing until my eyes bleed. Where is a good place to hunt for these?

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Isn't Repulsion still a big chunk of his damage? I know at one point it was his highest DPS but....well I'm pretty sure he still has all his points unspent from the last big reset on my account.

It can be, yes, but its a frequent recast and it depends heavily on what kind of damage your EP is putting out.

For 'optimal' damage you'd want to use repulsor on a long enough duration to not mess with setting your other dots or firing EP.

If your gear is l33t enough then having anti-metal ammunition to take Eye of Weakness out of your rotation will also be a slight DPS gain (Like, 9% or so at really high gear numbers.) but even then I'd just suggest using AMA if you have it anyway because most people lose a ton of DPS by recasting skills too quickly. (Since all his skills have casting animations.)

So, in the end, repulsor can be good damage if: You recast it right when it drops, you have long enough duration that the casting doesn't decrease overall DPS and you are used to teleporting to dodge stuff so you don't die. (As obviously death is the biggest loss of DPS. Herp.)

But again it really isn't strictly necessary and you'll still out DPS most people without going through all that. It comes down to how optimal you want to be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    PA Dallas wrote: »
    I need to find 3 Tyr runes and I heard that the drop rate for these is a little better on Thursdays. Since I'm off tomorrow I planned on using a bunch of boosts and playing until my eyes bleed. Where is a good place to hunt for these?

Tyr runes have an increased drop chance on tuesday. Thor runes drop more on thursday.

253J736.png
  • Options
    WolveSight wrote: »

Tyr runes have an increased drop chance on tuesday. Thor runes drop more on thursday.

Well poop. :(

Still gonna play like crazy, gotta get Cyclops to 50.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MisterGrokMisterGrok Registered User regular
    Someone posted this in the thread a couple months ago, I just found it and I know there's a few other new players on the thread so I feel I should repost it:

How to bind more hotkeys.

Requires a little .ini editing but it's not rocket surgery.

GamerTag: aintnodancer
  • Options
    Is there a way to bind powers to numbers because if I could do that I'd be set.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You can just rebind the hotbar to whatever you like I think?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I'm going to mess with it when I'm back home next week. It's second nature now for me to use my mouse's number pad. It throws me off when I suddenly can't.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    omega week seems neat

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Invisible wrote: »
    Is there a way to bind powers to numbers because if I could do that I'd be set.

Any key on the keyboard you want. But Snicketysnick is right, you can bind the basic hotbar to any keys you want in the UI. Go under options and Keybindings.

MisterGrok on
  • Options
    Well, that's pretty dumb of me. I've been playing for so long and never realized it. I mean I'll still need to expand it, but so, so dumb of me.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It would be easier to farm blessings and trade those for Tyr runes than it is to actually find one, let alone 3. In over 1200 hours of play I have seen 0 drop.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    yeah farming 3 (three!) Tyr just is not a thing. I got one (1) and I played like insane for a bit.

if you really, really think you need them you'd be better off trading for them somehow. but it is a popular and rare rune so brace yourself. that goes for any high rune btw. I tried to farm Loki runes for a long time. throwing stuff in my stash at that particular problem was way more efficient in the end.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah I do not think I have any Tyr runes. I have 2 serpent and 3 loki and still no tyr.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hehehe. So, I was starting to feel burned out on Marvel heroes...Then I tried Rocket. It started out okay at first. Moving around killing things (I might have uttered a "blam, murdered you") but then I turned on getting put into a party in an instance, and went to the raft. I got paired with a star lord...It was PERFECT! We moved in unison, covered each other. I rushed in, planted my turrets and backed off for him to work his magic, and Green goblin melted faster than I had EVER seen him.

Basically, what I'm saying is I need to find a friend who hasn't played star lord, and get them to play star lord.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    who?
    last time, I swear

• Options
    Welp, that sucks about Tyr. Time to hit the guides and forums and come up with a new plan for Punisher.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, I'm trying to get a friend to see if they can even run the game (They're on like the oldest laptop known to man. SOMETIMES it works) I forget. Who are the starter heroes again?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Luke Cage, Punisher, Captain America, Black Panther, Black Widow, Human Torch, Colossus, Storm, Hawkeye.

That's what the internet tells me!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Welp, that sucks about Tyr. Time to hit the guides and forums and come up with a new plan for Punisher.
    Plan for Punisher: wait for his rework

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    SmagglerSmaggler Registered User regular
    Observation I've recently made is that there's definitely a power bell curve between 1-30 and 40 when you hit 40 its like 'boom' and suddenly the ability you've been using to pwn things takes a back seat to another ability (not necessarily a new one either). I found it interesting, some fun things become less fun and/or have to be relearned in a new way, and some things you've never used before suddenly become very useful.

Alternate effect is some characters you liked you don't like anymore and some characters you disliked become very fun.

TL;DR - Hard to judge endgame gameplay when 1-30 doesn't accurately reflect 40+.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, 40 is where the 'real' artifacts start unlocking, as well as most of the build-making powers

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Smaggler wrote: »
    Observation I've recently made is that there's definitely a power bell curve between 1-30 and 40 when you hit 40 its like 'boom' and suddenly the ability you've been using to pwn things takes a back seat to another ability (not necessarily a new one either). I found it interesting, some fun things become less fun and/or have to be relearned in a new way, and some things you've never used before suddenly become very useful.

Alternate effect is some characters you liked you don't like anymore and some characters you disliked become very fun.

TL;DR - Hard to judge endgame gameplay when 1-30 doesn't accurately reflect 40+.

Unless you're playing Cyclops.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    actually picked up Black Widow and she's really fun. her powers flow great and her attacks are all well animated and fluid. The burst on Coup de Grace is crazy.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
  • Options
    I can't wait until they add Howard the Duck.

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    bOyjftJ.jpg

What's wrong with Drax in that picture? He has hair, and he's lost weight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    actually picked up Black Widow and she's really fun. her powers flow great and her attacks are all well animated and fluid. The burst on Coup de Grace is crazy.

I play a super-grenade-y Black Widow, which is quite fun against groups and in social events. I'm working on making her strong against bosses as well, though abusing the sniper shot works pretty well, especially since I always keep equipment on hand that has summons attached to it. They hold the bosses in place and I snipe the crap outta them.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Lowlander wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    bOyjftJ.jpg

What's wrong with Drax in that picture? He has hair, and he's lost weight.

Law School.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I see Rogue presale is up.

She's the second TBA hero from the last advance pack, right? The first one being Reed?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i keep trying to weigh just hanging on to my drives in order to eventually buy the summoning artifact later, or to snag ten of the summoning relics with what i've already collected.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Personally, I'd wait, as next time you'll be just as far away

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I see Rogue presale is up.

She's the second TBA hero from the last advance pack, right? The first one being Reed?
    Yes. Magneto, Juggernaut, and Venom are the remaining ones.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So yeah, I'm pretty happy with my final roll.

ZA1Zvq5.jpg

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    That Coulson teamup is priceyyyyy.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    So I haven't played this game since it originally came out, but including Rogue interests me enough that I might come back. If I pre-ordered how long are they talking before she is released?

This discussion has been closed.