As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    conversely, I couldn't bring myself to be dark imperial agent
    betraying homegirl two? fuck that

also light side imp agent just wants the empire to function and fuck these space wizards and I appreciate that

I think it's hilarious how clear the agent storyline makes it that without the Sith Sithing about and doing Sith things, the Empire would crush the Republic in a weekend

override367 on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    conversely, I couldn't bring myself to be dark imperial agent
    betraying homegirl two? fuck that

also light side imp agent just wants the empire to function and fuck these space wizards and I appreciate that

I think it's hilarious how clear the agent storyline makes it that without the Sith Sithing about and doing Sith things, the Empire would crush the Republic in a weekend

First time I played thru the Agent story, I came out of it completely neutral. Not a light or dark side level. This time thru though, I have already hit Dark I at lvl 30 mainly because I have been killing a lot more people and trying to be more political when it comes to the Sith.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I was a little skeptical that Dulfy's information would prove correct, but it turned out to be true: without an announcement, SWTOR started Rakghoul Resurgence this week.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Rakghouls? That's like everyone's favoritest thing ever.

Wait no, least favoritest.

Yay unpreventable stuns!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Yay unpreventable stuns!

Must. Finish. Cheevos.

Plus, I finally had enough reputation to buy all the mounts and pets, so I'm glad it's back.

Another plus, the special vendor has some decorations for strongholds, too.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    ojWzjAY.png

I remember you!

glAozql.png

Rowaldo the asshole smuggler has no idea what to make of this guy, who I originally met on Ce'ra ages ago. But he is on Coruscant already. Maybe this guy can still smell how awesome I am from all the way down in the cantina.

488W936.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Where's non-junky Trymbo?

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Yay unpreventable stuns!

I especially enjoy how I engage the enemy, so that I get a stun I can't break free from, while three more enemies spawn.
    Someone else lays down an AoE while I'm still stunned, and so they get all the kills, while I get ... stunned.
    Great move there Bioware.
    I guess it's no coincidence they were from a guild named Blacklisted.

its just a gaym lol bacon

Commodore75 on
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Yea, i've resorted to playing a low level alt, is there anyway to get rid of this plague thing outside of buying a cure?

• Options
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Yea, i've resorted to playing a low level alt, is there anyway to get rid of this plague thing outside of buying a cure?

Your choices for getting rid of it are 1) 1-time cure 2) Buy a relic that lets you apply infinite cures to the character wearing it (but you can take the relic off after applying it if you want. Though it could also be nice as a relic for lower level characters since it adds some endurance) 3) Wait 20 min for the plague to kill you, then rez plague-free.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    If you do wait 20 minutes for the plague to kill you, make sure you infect other people when you do it. There's a hidden daily quest to infect 3 people. The rewards are a cylinder of Rakghoul DNA, which is pretty nice (the other dailies only give you a total of 3 of them).

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Is this the original Rakghoul event that gave us black-green color crystals?

• Options
    emp123 wrote: »
    Is this the original Rakghoul event that gave us black-green color crystals?

It's not exactly like the original. The first one never repeated, and the stuff you could get from the original you can no longer get in game.

Rakghoul resurgence is a new, repeatable event that's based on the original but has it's own rewards different from the original. Green crystals yes, but I don't think Green and black. You'd have to check the Jawa vendor to be sure.

• Options
    SWTOR is streaming on twitch right now.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The Jawa vendor in the tunnels sells Green and Black crystals in exchange for Rakghoul cylinders. Said vendor goes away when the event ends.

Orca on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Damn, how many cylinders?

I think 4?

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I still love the background dialogue in this game.

In the Imperial cantina on Tatooine, three soldiers are sitting at a table:

[Male] Soldier1: "Come on, don't be shy! Get up there!"
    [Female] Soldier: "I'm fine down here, thank you."
    [Male] Soldier 1: "Aw, don't be like that. You're one of us now! It's a squad tradition!"
    [Female] Soldier: "You're saying you've all cavorted around on stage like a bunch of loons?"
    [Male] Soldier 2: "If we say yes, will you do it?"
    [Female] Soldier: "No, but it'll make an interesting report to the commander."

You go, girl.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    BH Tatooine
    I was really, really hoping that the dark side option would have been to kill Tyresius and thaw out his clone for a companion. Instead you get three different options for saying "Yes this is a great plan I am all for it!"

much disappoint

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    BH Tatooine
    I was really, really hoping that the dark side option would have been to kill Tyresius and thaw out his clone for a companion. Instead you get three different options for saying "Yes this is a great plan I am all for it!"

much disappoint

That really brings home that:
    They planned to allow us to kill companions...he gives you no good reason to take him along at all. Almost smug that he knows you can't do a thing to him.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    BH Tatooine

much disappoint
    They planned to allow us to kill companions...he gives you no good reason to take him along at all. Almost smug that he knows you can't do a thing to him.
    If only.
    Quinn!
    /angry fist shake

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    BH Tatooine

much disappoint
    If only.
    Quinn!
    Corsooooooo
    /angry fist shake

fixed

• Options
    Mako with the zingers:

Mako: "At least [Alderaan] will still be pretty in the holos."
    BH: "Bloodshed is an art. Alderaan'll make a fine canvas."
    Mako: "I know you love what you do, but get your head checked. Seriously."

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I also love the comments your companions make when you enter certain areas of the game. Sometimes they're exactly what you expect, sometimes they surprise you and give the character a little more depth.

e.g., Khem Val entering the Imperial Tatooine is Mos Ila:

"I have an excellent sabacc face. That was a joke. I hate sabacc."

(It annoys me that they sometimes do so within an instance that's not repeatable, though, so if you want to see them all you need to play the game as many as seven times--eight with a Sith Warrior--depending on when in the game they occur.)

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    @Cambiata‌ @Strikor‌

You two tried to get me to roll a female trooper, the male trooper is voiced by Varric HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TRICK ME!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    You have a choice.

FemShep, or Varric.

Choose wisely.

• Options
    It's not a choice! You can do both!

DS Trooper: Renegade Femshep
    LS Trooper: Captain America

• Options
    It's not a choice! You can do both!

DS Trooper: Renegade Femshep
    LS Trooper: Captain America

Basically this. Play the class twice.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Mako with the zingers:

Mako: "At least [Alderaan] will still be pretty in the holos."
    BH: "Bloodshed is an art. Alderaan'll make a fine canvas."
    Mako: "I know you love what you do, but get your head checked. Seriously."

Better retort would have been: "Don't worry Mako, I'm sure regardless of what happens today, Alderaan will still look pretty and peaceful thousands of years from now."

Wait...

488W936.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Are not asteroids peaceful?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Are not asteroids peaceful?

Only in the sense of resting in pieces.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    How to trooper:
    Male: commando, calling your assault cannon 'Bianca'
    Female: vanguard, with charge and a blaster rifle that looks like a shotgun

• Options
    Trooper with Kyber assault cannon, and Black storm trooper outfit = jawesome!

• Options
    Also whats this about a referral code?

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    If you get a subscription through another person's referral code, you both get...stuff. I forget what exactly, but it's useful.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Strikor wrote: »
    If you get a subscription through another person's referral code, you both get...stuff. I forget what exactly, but it's useful.

For the first person who signs up using your referral code, you get the Kurtob Alliance mount. This mount gives you 110% speed at speeder piloting 1. It is one of the most useful items in the game.

At 2 friend referrals and above, you get free pets and cartel coins.

But that first referral is where the gold is.

Edit: Note that once you get that referral, every new character gets the mount as soon as you roll them. Across every server.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And the person who uses the referral code gets a free character transfer. That alone is otherwise something like $15.

edit: I think you might also get a free friends bundle with every character moving forward that unlocks a bunch of stuff you would otherwise have to either subscribe for or unlock for your account.

But I'm not sure.

Orca on
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »
    And the person who uses the referral code gets a free character transfer. That alone is otherwise something like $15.

edit: I think you might also get a free friends bundle with every character moving forward that unlocks a bunch of stuff you would otherwise have to either subscribe for or unlock for your account.

But I'm not sure.

This page gives the details of what both the friend and the referrer get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends