As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Also missed it before, but
    Ion Cell also now increases accuracy by 10%, but it causes the Vanguard to do 10% less damage as well. Neural Jolt and Sonic Round can now miss, but the accuracy granted by Ion Cell offsets this for tanks, while damage dealers will need to continue to gear for some accuracy to keep all of their abilities from missing.

Who wants to take bets on Accuracy being removed from tank gear?

...anybody?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    kmz wrote: »
    Tactics and Assault are not becoming more similar to each other, they're basically swapping, with a few things switched around to make more sense. I main a Vanguard and I'm super excited about the changes.

And Vanguard has never ever ever ever been a ranged class, in any spec.

I think it's just silly as hell because, why make Assault play like Tactics? There's already a spec that plays like Tactics. It's called Tactics.

Because now Tactics is going to play like Assault.

• Options
    Tactics and Assault are not becoming more similar to each other, they're basically swapping, with a few things switched around to make more sense. I main a Vanguard and I'm super excited about the changes.

And Vanguard has never ever ever ever been a ranged class, in any spec.

I think it's just silly as hell because, why make Assault play like Tactics? There's already a spec that plays like Tactics. It's called Tactics.

Because now Tactics is going to play like Assault.

jackiechan.jpg

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I mean, it's somewhat silly for sure, but it does sort of make sense name-wise especially when considered from the Powertech perspective... Pyro had the fire dots, but Advanced Prototype had buffed Flamethrower. So they moved buffed flamethrower (Ion Cannon) over to Pyro (Assault) and moved buffed Railshot (High Impact Bolt) to AP (Tactics).

They probably should have just gone ahead and renamed both VG trees... Plasmatech makes a lot of sense, but Tactics could have been renamed too, to something like Impact or whatever.

Looks like the shared tree is basically a commando version of the new Tactics. (HiB reset, Thermal Detonator, etc)

kmz on
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    So the other week I finally got around to finishing my Sith Warrior's storyline, and took a bunch of pictures. Then I decided that the final showdown would match up well with some Journey, so here it is.

Obviously, super-duper final mission spoilers inside.

Here's the music to go along with it. (Sidenote, omg that video is terrible!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA

Here we stand
    Worlds apart

15543901187_cfce22488e_o.jpg

Dark Council breaking in two

15727157721_b6db978be6_o.jpg

Two

15109694653_e8c523a8dd_o.jpg

Two

15705367186_4bfdd9a485_o.jpg

Deathless knight

15730633482_c076760798_o.jpg

Losing ground

15729087905_32574ef68c_o.jpg

I'm reaching for you

15544232130_479e1d67d2_o.jpg

You

15109125314_046ddbcd9d_o.jpg

You

15543193399_0937f64cc3_o.jpg

Feeling that it's gone
    Can't change your mind

15543193329_8c49a50e54_o.jpg

If we can't go on
    To survive the tide
    Hate divides

15543640788_cf10f84c99_o.jpg

If he ever hurts you

15705366356_7657cde976_o.jpg

The Force won't desert you

15729087165_76534941e4_o.png

Let your hatred serve you

15109693093_5fe8e58622_o.png

15705365116_ba87db0d12_o.png

Though we touched

15543638738_0a6416c287_o.jpg

And went our separate ways

15705364486_8a9490df8e_o.jpg

Someday the Wrath will find you

15543638538_b32f95c69e_o.jpg

Break those chains that bind you

15543638388_2faf46b1c9_o.jpg

One fight to remind you

15109122764_9a39a4e944_o.jpg

How we touched
    And went our separate ways

15543638098_d8c4e35fbb_o.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    That's the biggest single gain of Affection points I have ever seen ever. I got that with that companion too and was like OMG!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sith Warrior & Inquisitor stories:
    I haven't beaten the Inquisitor story yet but I know enough about where it ends to know that this has to be one of the more interesting days for the Council if both the Warrior and Inquisitor stories end at roughly the same time.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got some play time in today for some variety. Haven't logged in for like, 10 months.

It was a big patch. I have a barely furnished house now.

I kinda remember how to play, but it is all awkward.

And it's so lonely. My preferred character isn't in the guild, and on my other character that is in the guild I see that there were like, three people in guild and they are all quiet.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I got some play time in today for some variety. Haven't logged in for like, 10 months.

It was a big patch. I have a barely furnished house now.

I kinda remember how to play, but it is all awkward.

And it's so lonely. My preferred character isn't in the guild, and on my other character that is in the guild I see that there were like, three people in guild and they are all quiet.

I'll log in if you need a character invite. What character did you need added?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My somewhat identical character. The Sentinel to my Guardian.

• Options
    To continue our abruptly ended conversation; I haven't decided if I want to sub up again. If activity is consistently low I can't justify it. If there are always people on to do things with then it would be something I would look forward to.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I honestly have had less time then I'd like to get the most out of my re-up right now; I am happy to see the new expack content in December but I'd still like to take advantage of the exp boost to finish some stories off while I can.

I'd really like it if they could extend it.

488W936.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    There's too many good games coming out right now, and after spending several months playing SWTOR intensely, I need some time off to play them.

In a little while I'll be all ready to give everyone the force lightning they deserve, but the XP bonus will be gone by then! Frustrating!

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Please let me or someone else know if you decide to get a subscription so one of us can toss you a referral link. The rewards are good for both parties.

• Options
    Closing in on the end of my Sith Sorcerer (ess). I really love AoE lighting, am really going to miss it. :(

• Options
    This is one of those games that I can really justify playing by myself as the solo story content stuff is just soooo good.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    This is one of those games that I can really justify playing by myself as the solo story content stuff is just soooo good.

Given the way the game runs it's the only content I can really enjoy.

Raids are a real mess of frame rate drops and stuttering.

Having said that even if the game were optimized well I'd still enjoy the leveling content more. A damn shame we have to wait so long for a dribble of story content. The exp boost really highlighted just how little makeb offered as well.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Yeah, I still haven't yet fully decided if I'm gonna finish this last couple weeks of 12xp or start on Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I'm leaning towards delaying my DA:I play till December.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    More restraint than I. :) I'm cramming as much in as I can before next Wednesday.

• Options
    Someone in my guild asked what the Agent story would be like with 12x class mission XP.

I likened it to getting to watch all the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game without the 40 hours of corridor slogging.

• Options
    There's still some of that shit on Voss, but you get stealth and can just sneak past it.

• Options
    Yeah, I still haven't yet fully decided if I'm gonna finish this last couple weeks of 12xp or start on Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I'm leaning towards delaying my DA:I play till December.

That's what I am planning on doing. I get a week off at Christmas. That will give me enough time to just game myself blind and complete it.

Steam
  • Options
    Agent Dromund Kaas
    So I just found out the hard way that it's never a good idea to refuse to kneel to a Dark Council member.

Darth Jadus straight-up lightninged me to death.

Like, I exited the cutscene and was dead on the floor. Had to use a med probe and everything.

SRS BZNS

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Agent Dromund Kaas
    So I just found out the hard way that it's never a good idea to refuse to kneel to a Dark Council member.

Like, I exited the cutscene and was dead on the floor. Had to use a med probe and everything.

SRS BZNS

Worth it.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Agent Dromund Kaas

SRS BZNS

Worth it.

Sassing a Sith is never not worth it.

• Options
    Any Sith that can't keep you dead after being sassed deserves an urn to keep their own ashes in for being a terrible Sith.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    I read that as "LEGO mount concept" and was totally on board.

• Options
    I am totally on board as it is, and I only wish they were quads rather than trikes.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    kind of reminds me of the hammerhead vehicle in mass effect 2.

253J736.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Maybe I'm weird, but I really want the Legacy Family Tree system to have slightly expanded functionality. Not even making it important to gameplay, just more flexible.

• Options
    So I did the unthinkable... I started a Jedi Guardian and leveled it up thru the end of chapter 1 over the weekend. I can safely say that when I came back to the game, I would not have expected that my first class thru chapter 1 would be a Jedi.

I didn't even make a Jedi until Saturday. I started it kind of as a joke to be a Dark Jedi, but I am really digging it. I get the use the force in Dark fashion, but I can be all noble and stuff too! I am sitting at DS-1 with like 1750 DS and 350 LS. :D

Steam
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Question: what's stopping Bioware from adding a "height" option distinct from the body type? So, for example, you could be a beefbus (type 3) while being as short as the emo band frontman (type 1). Or you could be built like Conan O'Brien (body type 1, height setting 3). Would there be significant model tearing (more than there already is) or what?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Man they still haven't fixed a lot of clipping issues with the *existing* models, I don't see them adding more models any time soon.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Question: what's stopping Bioware from adding a "height" option distinct from the body type? So, for example, you could be a beefbus (type 3) while being as short as the emo band frontman (type 1). Or you could be built like Conan O'Brien (body type 1, height setting 3). Would there be significant model tearing (more than there already is) or what?
    Short answer is that you can either remodel everything or do vertex transformation. The texture would probably look weird if you did transformations, and you'd force everybody viewing your model to either cache your custom height or do the transformation on the fly (which would be processor intensive).

From my understanding, anyway.

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Not like it matters, but im taking a break for a few days, that 12x xp kind of burned me out. I'm subbed for the next 4 months though. Thanks Gamecards!

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Official word on comms 3.0
    Hey folks,

As many of you know, there are changes coming to Commendations in 3.0. I talked about this a little bit previously, here, and one thing that came from that post were more questions. I thought I would make a one stop-shop post on Commendations in 3.0 and what would happen to them, so here we go!
    All Basic, Classic, Planetary, Elite, and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. more on this below
    The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
    Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations are remaining exactly as they are now, and any Commendations you have will carry over to 3.0.
    *Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.
    Quick note on all of the PvE Commendations collapsing into Basic. The conversion rate of each Commendation will vary, both above and below 1:1 most likely. We are still working out exactly what those conversion rates are but I will get you that info before 3.0. I know one of the concerns is what the Basic Commendation cap will become. The plan right now is that the cap will remain 1,000, however, when the conversions happen in 3.0 we will allow that number to go higher, temporarily.

Once we nail down those exact numbers I will let you know so you can plan accordingly. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Happy to see items bound. I'm assuming that it to prevent a potentiol exploit, and hope this is a sign of them actually trying to figure out potential exploits before they happen.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Well crap, guess I'll have to get my trooper to 50 before 3.0 hits as I have an ass load of commendation lockboxes and pvp weapons...

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    official word wrt which gear sets will disappear
    Quote: Originally Posted by Saregon View Post
    I would also like to know what armor sets are being removed from the game, assuming you are removing some because of what happened with the removal of the old level 50 stuff when ROTHC launched.
    Alright, here are the details:
    The Obroan and Brutalizer sets will be removed from vendors and replaced by the new Unranked and Ranked sets respectively.
    The existing PvE sets will all be moved to a different vendor than they are on currently.
    Hope that helps!

-eric

No idea what "The existing PvE sets will all be moved to a different vendor than they are on currently" actually means.
    Will we be able to acquire (orange?) Arkanian and Black Market gear after 3.0?

While I don't really care about looks (BtL is more important to me), I know there are plenty of people still holding on to Campaign gear, as well as old ass PvP gear, simply because of how they look.