As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2014 Forum Badges

• Options
    XadrixnaXadrixna Registered User regular
    I hope I get one! I don't get in until Thursday night at like 9:45pm.....I'm staying in the Sheraton though......maybe I'll get lucky of convince someone to pick one up for me that doesn't want their own.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Xadrixna wrote: »
    I hope I get one! I don't get in until Thursday night at like 9:45pm.....I'm staying in the Sheraton though......maybe I'll get lucky of convince someone to pick one up for me that doesn't want their own.

From what everyone has been saying, it looks like Kropotkin isn't stingy when these get printed... Just because you're name isn't on it doesn't mean you can't have one! Like Zerzhul said,
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I don't think they've ever run out. I think kropotkin‌ would likely be thrilled if they ran out, cause that means TONS of people came and got one!

Find Kropotkin at the events he's going to (listed in this thread), or find an Enforcer at the BYOC section! Pass the test, earn a badge, BE MIGHTY.

Edit: Sorry for the batsignal, Kropotkin. Forgot it was in Zerzhul's quote. Fixed.

BouwsT on
    Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    SkillfulShadeSkillfulShade Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    kropotkin wrote: »
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    The badges are now at the printers and will be picked up next week. I'm distributing the badges at the Pre-PAX Dinner and the Pre PAX board game night at the Sheraton so I don't need to post the badges to anyone beforehand, which is a good thing. 183 names are on the back of the badge and 300 have been printed. On a final note, the forum badge is classed as a magical item with a +2 charisma modifier according to EH&E 1st Edition rules, so feel free to mark that on the back of the badge if you so wish.

And BYOC right?

Technically no, the enforcers hand out the badges at BYOC. But that's just me being pedantic :(

I posted on the forum before the deadline but my name is not on the list. Did I do something wrong?

Did you? I'm sorry if I missed your name, these things do happen sometimes I'm afraid.

Will I still be able to get a badge? Or, if possible, have my name on it?

EDIT: just read the other replies, thank you!

SkillfulShade on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Well the badges have been printed. What's that? Pictures or it didn't happen! Really? Very well, here is a small selection of them:
    Printed_Badges_zps5298d43a.jpg

Oh and in case you're wondering, here are my stats after rolling 3D6 for each one:
    Krops_Stats_zps416089cc.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ooh, that's classy! I feel like everyone should roll their stats for this thing and share'em when the time comes.

vid on
    55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    RaidriarRaidriar Registered User regular
    Wow.... you are... too cool. Words can't describe it. It takes a lot of work to make it, time, and money. But rest assured, it was worth it. Thanks so much kropotkin!

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I feel as though I've been immortalized.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    I have arrived safely in Seattle as have the forum badges. I shall be at the Pre-PAX dinner and the Sheraton Pre PAX board game night if you want to get them from those events. Once I drop them off at the BYOC tomorrow I shall post something about that here.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    I have arrived safely in Seattle as have the forum badges. I shall be at the Pre-PAX dinner and the Sheraton Pre PAX board game night if you want to get them from those events. Once I drop them off at the BYOC tomorrow I shall post something about that here.

See you at the dinner tonight!

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    How will one recognize the kropotkin?

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Nvm, found the man. Missin accomplished. If I see you around, will defo buy you another one.

• Options
    Those seeking to pick up forum badges from the BYOC desk from midday on Friday should not attempt to do so as they are still registering people to install their PC as of 12:30. I shall be dropping off the forum badges at around 5pm on Friday to ensure the registration for BYOC has been completed.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    The forum badges are now at the BYOC desk along with the questions. They will be removed at 4pm on Monday.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oh, completely spaced out today and forgot to go by the BYOC area. Have a reminder now on my phone to do it tomorrow ^^

Thank you, kropotkin!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Picked mine up today, thanks kroporkin, they are amazing!

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    I picked mine up and they just look *great*. Thanks so much for doing this, my favorite thing I took home yesterday.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Got our badges at the board game night. So awesome! So much Thanks!

• Options
    Badge in hand! Now, to look up how to fill in the stats properly...

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    3d6 down the line of course!

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Fatigue... double check! Everyone tells me the haircut is dedication, but walking the many miles of PAX in these flip-flops... lemme tell ya, that's the dedication.

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    A total of 169 forum badges were distributed this year. My thanks goes to the organisers of the Pre PAX Dinner and the Pre PAX Gaming Night at the Sheraton as well as the Enforcers at the BYOC desk for handing them out.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    General question- What does everyone do at PAX? I'm asking because I only saw a handful of PAX badges when I was at East 2014, and I only saw ONE at Prime 2014 this past weekend. I'm in the Expo hall, and panels, and wandering about. I don't know why I don't see more forum badges. Any ideas? Just wondering...

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Forumers are a minority to the PAX community at large.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    sirmrej wrote: »
    General question- What does everyone do at PAX? I'm asking because I only saw a handful of PAX badges when I was at East 2014, and I only saw ONE at Prime 2014 this past weekend. I'm in the Expo hall, and panels, and wandering about. I don't know why I don't see more forum badges. Any ideas? Just wondering...

I didn't pick up mine until Sunday so just because we don't have them on yet doesn't mean we aren't forumers. I also agree with the minority statement though

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I had mine on and I guess I hang out with mostly forumers so I saw quite a few. We were fairly well represented within the Omeganauts, I think. That said, I did have a couple of people ask me what they were so I got to promote the forums which was great.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I generally see a lot of the forum badges, but yeah as another poster said, active forumers make up a very small minority of people who go to pax. Kropotkin mentioned that 169 had been picked up, there are about 23-25k unique people at pax on a given day.

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I only saw one person outside of BYOC who had a forum badge :/
    The forum community definitely seems to be smaller compared to 6 years ago.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The significant change in how hard it is to get badges has certainly had a not insignificant effect.

• Options
    I too saw very few with forum badges and none had filled in their stats in the back, which made me a little sad. Especially considering how many people on this thread requested they be blank :(

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    I too saw very few with forum badges and none had filled in their stats in the back, which made me a little sad. Especially considering how many people on this thread requested they be blank :(

That's too bad. I was happy to fill out mine--even if I cherry picked the stats. Sadly, mine was the only badge I saw. But I did get a lot of people commenting on it, picking it up, checking it out. So it felt like it was kind of a success.

• Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular

No reason you should, you did your part in spades. You can lead the horse to water, you can't make him drink.

I really cannot thank you enough kropotkin, that badge is staying with my collection of cool PAX stuff forever.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I got my badge on Friday I think. Then my Friend wore his right away and I forgot to wear mine on Friday and Saturday. We finally had a chance to fill in our name/stats Satuday night of Sunday morning, I found my permanent marker.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    I didn't wear my forum badge at all times since I was in costume, but I did wear it while out of costume and even after the final round of the Omegathon.

Thanks again for making these, Kropotkin. It was great meeting you at Pre-Pax Boardgame night as well!

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Birrhan wrote: »

That's too bad. I was happy to fill out mine--even if I cherry picked the stats. Sadly, mine was the only badge I saw. But I did get a lot of people commenting on it, picking it up, checking it out. So it felt like it was kind of a success.

Never fear, I filled mine in immediately. :)
    Thanks again for organizing the badges @kropotkin‌

I only saw one other person with the forum badge during convention hours, but ~170ppl out of 30,000 is a very small amount.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    I filled mine out sitting at the BYOC desk. The [E] there were very patient with my big boots getting in the way.

Thanks again for making these. They're awesome!

Oh, and CHA is my dump stat.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular

I seem to miss bumping into you each year at Prime but wanted to say thank you! I love mine every year and it's now going to hang at my desk (with the stats filled in) with the rest of my forum badges.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Ya, I'll snag a picture of mine before the end of the week, but I filled in the stats that night. They're terrible, and everyone will enjoy them!

*Roll* Tiefling! Cool!
    *Roll* Paladin... Interesting?
    *Roll* 1, 2, 4 - Shit. 2, 2, 3 - Shit. 1, 4, 1 - Shit...

• Options
    BouwsT wrote: »
    Ya, I'll snag a picture of mine before the end of the week, but I filled in the stats that night. They're terrible, and everyone will enjoy them!

*Roll* Tiefling! Cool!

Oh man....nothing good can come from those rolls

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    BouwsT wrote: »

*Roll* Tiefling! Cool!

Oh man....nothing good can come from those rolls

I assure you, they are delightfully tragic. Or, for Modest Mouse fans, they are good news for people who love bad news. I also didn't roll and choose my highest stats for my class, I just plugged them in wherever they fell. It was just for funzies any way.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Go. Enjoy people.

Also, no idea how to figure out saving throws, so we'll assume I had none. My character was great without them, any way...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127758893@N02/15221608175/

Edit: Oh, also, I used this as a passport and gained entry.
    Glory to Artsotzka.

BouwsT on