As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3:RoS] The Merch Hungers for active Clan members | Community: PAF

NogginNoggin Registered User regular
edited April 2014 in Games and Technology
LHB88gh.png
PA Clan - The Merch Hungers
Clan Update:
HexDex wrote: »
So the intent behind the clan is for regular posters/readers of the G&T and SE++ threads to have a place to interact with one another in the game. With a particular focus on regular poster/readers who are also regular players.

The clan is at the 150 member cap, but night after night I see the same 50 or so players. There are several people I haven't seen since the week they were added.

On the other side I have been asked on a fairly regular basis if there was space in the clan. By people who are posting here, and also logging in night after night.

I am going to purge some names from the roster.

I will then have a waiting period where those purged can appeal the purging.

I will then post here if any of those purged slots are free. First come first served, FFA, every man for himself get added asap etc etc.

Ideally instead of the same 25 people or so every night I see online, we have 100. For people who only play irregularly the community is probably the better option since it has no limit to it's number of members.
If you log on, and find you have been removed from the clan in error, don't panic.

Join the community, and poke around until you find an officer of the clan.

You will be re-added.

If you are currently not in the clan, and want a spot. I ask that you remain patient.

Thanks everyone for making an awesome game more awesome.

However, the Community, PAF, has nearly unlimited space and everyone is welcome to join. Open the Community window in the bottom right, Click Find and search for PAF. You'll see that HooverFish is the leader and can simply click "Join Community". You will not automatically enter Community chat when you log in, but you can click the Chat button in the Communities window and enter it manually for now.

The European Clan is also named TMH. If you play in this region, send a join request through the in-game communities UI and/or message evilthecat#2464.

And now, the big list of patch/expansion features... (more detail in the spoilers to cut down on length)
  • New class - The Crusader! (RoS only)
    1Zdg0Gi.jpg
    "Impenetrable armor, gleaming weapons, and heavy, heavy damage–wield the power of the Crusader, unbreakable new hero of the mortal realms."
    The evolution of the Diablo II paladin, less auras and more shield smiting. They are very focused on having a shield, even so far as having the option of using a Two-handed weapon AND a shield (with a passive skill). Yes, they have Blessed Hammer!
  • Act V! (RoS only)
    Malthael returns intending to destroy all demonkind. In case you didn't hear the word Nephalem enough in Diablo III, that means humans too. Act V is also full of side dungeons and even a handful of side missions for the jeweler and each follower!
  • Level 70 and a 4th passive slot! (RoS only)
  • Paragon levels are now account wide, infinite, and provide new bonuses
    Although still separated by softcore/hardcore, all of your characters' paragon XP has been added together and converted to your new level.

1 Paragon point is earned per paragon level and can be spent on the following bonuses, even on a brand new character:
    Core: Main stat^, Vitality^, Movement Speed, +Resource
    Offense: Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction, Crit Chance, Crit Damage
    Defense: % Life, Armor, Resist All, Life Regen
    Utility: X% Area Damage*, Resource Cost Reduction, Life on Hit, Gold Find

^ - Can be scaled infinitely, everything else caps at 50 points by plvl 800
    * - a new stat on gear: All attacks have a 20% chance to also deal X% of the damage to enemies within 10 yards.
  • Loot 2.0!!
    Items will now drop less often, but are more likely to be useful. Sometime you will even find a "smart drop" that will specifically roll appropriate stats for the class you are playing.

Most Legendaries now come with a new unique affect and can drop at any level above their default. In other words, lower level legendaries can appear again at higher levels with their stats scaled up.
  • New Gems
    In addition to new tiers (Imperial, Flawless Imperial, Royal, Flawless Royal), Marquise gems will begin dropping! Also diamonds!
    Weapons: Bonus damage against Elites
    Helms: Cooldown Reduction
    Armor: + to All Resistances
  • Adventure Mode: Bounties & Rifts (RoS only)
    This new mode is an alternative to playing the campaign. All Acts and Waypoints are unlocked. All bosses spawned. You have a lot more freedom to roam around and slay demons. Each act has 5 bounties to complete various tasks - like clearing dungeons, killing named monsters, etc.

Rifts were previously referred to as Loot Runs. You'll earn Rift Keystone Fragments by completing bounties, which can then be combined to to open a Rift. These randomly generated areas have randomly generated monsters, so you could end up with Act III monsters on an Act I tileset. Or rooms full of treasure goblins. Or cows!
  • New Difficulty system
    The concept of Normal / Nightmare / Hell / Inferno is retired. Campaign mode monsters will now automatically scale to your level, so you can repeat as certain areas as uch as you want and keep leveling effectively. Additional monster affixes show up somewhere around levels 30, 50 and 60.

The new system uses Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I - VI for a total of 10 difficulty settings. This makes the difficulty somewhat analogous to the /players command from Diablo II, or Monster Power from Diablo III.
  • Enchanting & Transmogrification (RoS only)
    The Mystic finally shows up and offers enchanting and transmog services.
    Enchanting allows you to replace 1 property on an item with a randomly generated new property. It gives you multiple stats to choose from, including the original. This means you won't necessarily make a better item, but you aren't forced to make it worse. If your first try doesn't work out, you can enchant it again, but only for the stat you initially decided to replace.

Transmog is much like the system in World or Warcraft, allowing players to change the appearance of their gear. New appearances will be unlocked by leveling your mystic and identifying set/legendary items that drop in Loot 2.0. We can finally use colored dyes on legendaries!
Upcoming changes, Ladders and Tiered Rifts!:
"Ladders"
A ladder-like system, called Seasons, will be added in the first major content patch. More information on this is coming soon.

Tiered Rifts
This is essentially a competitive challenge, entering increasingly hard Rifts to see how far you can get. When you complete a Rift you may find a Greater Rift Token. Using the token to complete a "Greater Rift"(?) will get you a Greater Rift Key (rank 2), and so on. Again, more info coming soon.

Finally, some other helpful resources from the previous OPs:
- Thanks to Previous Thread makers @Skab, @GoodKingJayIII, @Bethryn, @Shen, @SkutSkut, @HexDex, and @_J_

Battletag: Noggin#1936
Noggin on

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Really enjoying D3 atm, it's pretty much exactly the game I wanted it to be at launch. The only niggle is quite surprising - I've found I'm completely unable to play any character except my only 70. Every time I get in the mood to start levelling up one of the lower ones, I think "Every legendary they get is replacing one my 70 would have actually found useful." And then I play my 70 some more. Annoying, because I'd really like to play my crusader. Levelling is now the opposite of playing D3, it really does start at max level.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    That new thread smell.

• Options
    FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Saw this cooldown reduction calculator on the official forums (of all places!) - I thought it was pretty useful!

http://bannedofgamers.com/cdr

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Responding to what @Yogo said in the previous thread:
    Yogo wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I'm curious, what builds/items are the resident witch doctors running, and at what difficulties?

Well now that pets benefit from critical % and critical damage, you should switch your weapon to an emerald and look for items with bonuses to crit stats. My witch doctor uses the garg that has a CD and massive fire damage and +fire items and easily crits for 30 million, and that was before my latest upgrades that I haven't tested out yet. My fetishes crit for 3+ million at the very least, and that could easily go higher if I got items with +physical damage. I've been using fetish army but I think I'm going to change it out for big bad voodoo, since I often end up with pets standing around doing nothing because they can't actually get to the enemies.

-edit- Here is a link to my Witch Doctor https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sesshou-1522/hero/5144106
    I am contemplating swapping out the 20% health to dogs and gargantuan for either grave injustice or tribal rights, but then I would only have 4 dogs and that would make me sad.
    So, I popped in an emerald last night, and it certainly made a difference. I went from around 400k sheet DPS to 428k (not sure why my profile still has me in the 300k range...). With five stacks of Gruesome Feast, I was in the 600k range, and with Big Bad Voodoo - Slam Dance, I was at like 900k. Good times. I wouldn't say that T2 is on farm, but I can do it pretty OK.

Incidentally,
    I've been using fetish army but I think I'm going to change it out for big bad voodoo, since I often end up with pets standing around doing nothing because they can't actually get to the enemies.
    is exactly why I eventually made peace with
    but then I would only have 4 dogs and that would make me sad
    I often have around 10 Fetish Sycophants running around, and if I don't have enough mobs on screen, my pets bunch up and get in each other's way. Since the fetishes do so much more damage than the dogs, I felt pretty OK with dropping the dogs.

Assuming you are not HC, then dropping dogs to make space for fetishes is a sound choice.

If you are HC, having 5 leeching dogs is a compromise you have to make if you want to have a steady flow of healing. I'm currently running 5 dogs with about 5k LOH. Add Tasker and Theo gloves on top of that and the LOH is effectively around 7,5k per dog. That's 37.500 hp per second.

That way you won't have to stack Life reg and LOH at the same time.
    There is literally 0 chance I will every play HC because I don't have the emotional fortitude for it. You know how you had those scare-stories in the 80s about kids killing themselves when their D&D characters died, boogity boogity boo? That story would be real if I ever lost an HC character. My hat is thoroughly off to anyone who plays HC.

I was running 5 dogs with leeching when I first hit 70 because I was dying too often otherwise. I'm a little better now, so I don't need to rely on that anymore. Also, when I got the amulet that lets me eat arcane beams for health a couple of days ago, I have been the happiest boy. When those arcane elites make a tight corridor look like a rock concert, I can just stand in the middle and not care. It's like splashing around in some restorative, mineral bath.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Really enjoying D3 atm, it's pretty much exactly the game I wanted it to be at launch. The only niggle is quite surprising - I've found I'm completely unable to play any character except my only 70. Every time I get in the mood to start levelling up one of the lower ones, I think "Every legendary they get is replacing one my 70 would have actually found useful." And then I play my 70 some more. Annoying, because I'd really like to play my crusader. Levelling is now the opposite of playing D3, it really does start at max level.

Don't let yourself get hung up on the "once per 2 hours" thing. Odds are, the safety net MF bonus hadn't even kicked in, so you're not actually hurting your chances.

It is a pain to find something rare at lower level, though. This mentality also kinda dissuades hardcore play, not wanting to have that rare drop appear in a completely different mode.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    @UrQuanLord88

Yes, Piranhado works as knockback with the strongarm bracers.

You can test this for yourself with Haunt - the DoT on it deals consistent damage, and you can see the before/after damage being applied. I was dealing 412k damage a tick, the extra 29% on my bracers upped that to a steady 531K.

The knockback only happens right after they're pulled in, so you have 5 seconds from there to deal bonus damage. If you deal a DoT over that time, the entire duration of that DoT is amped.

Also fooled around with the Grin Reaper tonight to see what skills worked with it. Here's a list:

Poison Dart - works. You can use it with Snake to the Face and it will deal the extra stun. While my personal damage was around 100k-700k and varied, the mimics did a very consistent 500k per dart.

Firebats - Weird. Sometimes the mimics will spawn while casting firebats and running around. This is a visual effect only, the firebats don't do any damage. The damage they're actually doing comes from their melee attacks.

Zombie Charger - they're not particularly good at aiming, so pile on still does good damage (my test DPS of 600K [+0 physical] had pile on crits of 4.4m. Explosive beast, however, only did about 500k. Bears crit for a consistent 2mil.

Spirit Barrage - as shitty as it is, Phlebotomize actually will charm when the mimics cast it. Unfortunately the mimics only cast a spell once, so your chances of charming are still low. Manitou will also work, but only once they cast it on themselves, and will only last the second or two while they're still around. Phantasm seems like the best bet, since they're actually pretty accurate with it. It lasts its full duration (even after the mimics go away) and the mimics' casting doesn't count towards your phantasm limit. Damage seems pretty close if you or the mimic casts.

Haunt - they can target it pretty well, but the haunt effect only lasts as long as the mimics are around. Like when you cast haunt yourself, sometimes the mimics will get a crit. It also seems to stack, with both mimics haunting the same enemy and getting additional damage. This also makes the damage numbers jump around a lot.

Locust swarm - they can cast it, but it will only last as long as they do, which is about 2-3 seconds. So not much use at all.

Grasp of the Dead - works very well. All of the runes work, it lasts for the full duration, does comparable damage to when you cast it, and thanks the mimics it can cover a huge area for mobs, or stack effectively under a boss.

Soul Harvest - they actually will cast this, but you'll really only see the effect with Languish (slow debuff) or vengeful spirit (damage). The bonus int goes to the mimic, not you.

Horrify - also works. Can't control when they cast it though, so it's more of a distraction than anything else.

Trying this out with a kind of mixed build - death is life, phantasm, piranhado, vampire bats. That damage really stacks!
    3-7 phantasms on top of 1-3 grasps on top of piranhado on top of vampire bats. If only there were some way to get the elemental damages more consistent...

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Piling my ramblings from the dead thread here:
    harrington is pretty godlike
    Except in groups where the other fuckers are opening things before you.

I feel like base shield block chance rolls still having a ridiculous range of 10 (completely useless) to 20 is an obsolete carryover from Vanilla that got missed by the dev team. One of the major intents of Loot 2.0 was to tighten up affix ranges on gear drops, and technically block isn't an affix, but it's so extremely critical to the usability of a shield it might as well be treated that way in design.

HexDex, does the clan management screen show how long it's been since people have last played? Or are you just having to wing it on intuition?

forty on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Tonight, I farm golgors for skulls of whatever to make some Helms of Command, tomorrow I Shield Bash for 25% more damage!

Not super looking forward to farming more crafting mats =(

Also, re: Shield Bash - Pound: Am I better off with a good Hallowed Barricade or a Pilo?

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Forty, it does not show "last logged in on," that would be far, far too easy.

I went on memory, the last played time of some of the people on my friends list, looked at profiles to see what characters looked like. There were a few people who had no characters above 50 for example.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    I'm curious, what builds/items are the resident witch doctors running, and at what difficulties?

Well now that pets benefit from critical % and critical damage, you should switch your weapon to an emerald and look for items with bonuses to crit stats. My witch doctor uses the garg that has a CD and massive fire damage and +fire items and easily crits for 30 million, and that was before my latest upgrades that I haven't tested out yet. My fetishes crit for 3+ million at the very least, and that could easily go higher if I got items with +physical damage. I've been using fetish army but I think I'm going to change it out for big bad voodoo, since I often end up with pets standing around doing nothing because they can't actually get to the enemies.

-edit- Here is a link to my Witch Doctor https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sesshou-1522/hero/5144106
    I am contemplating swapping out the 20% health to dogs and gargantuan for either grave injustice or tribal rights, but then I would only have 4 dogs and that would make me sad.
    So, I popped in an emerald last night, and it certainly made a difference. I went from around 400k sheet DPS to 428k (not sure why my profile still has me in the 300k range...). With five stacks of Gruesome Feast, I was in the 600k range, and with Big Bad Voodoo - Slam Dance, I was at like 900k. Good times. I wouldn't say that T2 is on farm, but I can do it pretty OK.

Incidentally,
    I've been using fetish army but I think I'm going to change it out for big bad voodoo, since I often end up with pets standing around doing nothing because they can't actually get to the enemies.
    I often have around 10 Fetish Sycophants running around, and if I don't have enough mobs on screen, my pets bunch up and get in each other's way. Since the fetishes do so much more damage than the dogs, I felt pretty OK with dropping the dogs.

Assuming you are not HC, then dropping dogs to make space for fetishes is a sound choice.

If you are HC, having 5 leeching dogs is a compromise you have to make if you want to have a steady flow of healing. I'm currently running 5 dogs with about 5k LOH. Add Tasker and Theo gloves on top of that and the LOH is effectively around 7,5k per dog. That's 37.500 hp per second.

There is literally 0 chance I will every play HC because I don't have the emotional fortitude for it. You know how you had those scare-stories in the 80s about kids killing themselves when their D&D characters died, boogity boogity boo? That story would be real if I ever lost an HC character. My hat is thoroughly off to anyone who plays HC.

I was running 5 dogs with leeching when I first hit 70 because I was dying too often otherwise. I'm a little better now, so I don't need to rely on that anymore. Also, when I got the amulet that lets me eat arcane beams for health a couple of days ago, I have been the happiest boy. When those arcane elites make a tight corridor look like a rock concert, I can just stand in the middle and not care. It's like splashing around in some restorative, mineral bath.

That's what I thought about doing HC as well.

Then I did it, died and well.. what do you know, I'm still here :P .

I assume it is akin to going on a rollercoaster, thinking you'll die if you do it, but turns out it is pretty fun afterwards!

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    @UrQuanLord88

You can test this for yourself with Haunt - the DoT on it deals consistent damage, and you can see the before/after damage being applied. I was dealing 412k damage a tick, the extra 29% on my bracers upped that to a steady 531K.

The knockback only happens right after they're pulled in, so you have 5 seconds from there to deal bonus damage. If you deal a DoT over that time, the entire duration of that DoT is amped.

Also fooled around with the Grin Reaper tonight to see what skills worked with it. Here's a list:

Poison Dart - works. You can use it with Snake to the Face and it will deal the extra stun. While my personal damage was around 100k-700k and varied, the mimics did a very consistent 500k per dart.

Firebats - Weird. Sometimes the mimics will spawn while casting firebats and running around. This is a visual effect only, the firebats don't do any damage. The damage they're actually doing comes from their melee attacks.

Zombie Charger - they're not particularly good at aiming, so pile on still does good damage (my test DPS of 600K [+0 physical] had pile on crits of 4.4m. Explosive beast, however, only did about 500k. Bears crit for a consistent 2mil.

Spirit Barrage - as shitty as it is, Phlebotomize actually will charm when the mimics cast it. Unfortunately the mimics only cast a spell once, so your chances of charming are still low. Manitou will also work, but only once they cast it on themselves, and will only last the second or two while they're still around. Phantasm seems like the best bet, since they're actually pretty accurate with it. It lasts its full duration (even after the mimics go away) and the mimics' casting doesn't count towards your phantasm limit. Damage seems pretty close if you or the mimic casts.

Haunt - they can target it pretty well, but the haunt effect only lasts as long as the mimics are around. Like when you cast haunt yourself, sometimes the mimics will get a crit. It also seems to stack, with both mimics haunting the same enemy and getting additional damage. This also makes the damage numbers jump around a lot.

Locust swarm - they can cast it, but it will only last as long as they do, which is about 2-3 seconds. So not much use at all.

Grasp of the Dead - works very well. All of the runes work, it lasts for the full duration, does comparable damage to when you cast it, and thanks the mimics it can cover a huge area for mobs, or stack effectively under a boss.

Soul Harvest - they actually will cast this, but you'll really only see the effect with Languish (slow debuff) or vengeful spirit (damage). The bonus int goes to the mimic, not you.

Horrify - also works. Can't control when they cast it though, so it's more of a distraction than anything else.

Trying this out with a kind of mixed build - death is life, phantasm, piranhado, vampire bats. That damage really stacks!
    3-7 phantasms on top of 1-3 grasps on top of piranhado on top of vampire bats. If only there were some way to get the elemental damages more consistent...

Rolo do you know if Strongarm Bracers work with any relocation effect?

Will Cyclone Strike (monk) trigger it?

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    From old thread:
    Need a bit of advice on my Crusader. Mostly, I'm not sure what I should be hoping drops, other than a Helm of Rule plan. Which slot should I be blowing shards on? A nicer BoP would be ideal, but that seems really inefficient when most of my stuff is still rare. I had been spending on gloves, hoping for Gladiator's since massacres happen all the goddamn time and I could use the cash, but given that I have decent trifecta rolls there for a rare... I dunno. Maybe pants?

• Options
    From old thread:
    Need a bit of advice on my Crusader. Mostly, I'm not sure what I should be hoping drops, other than a Helm of Rule plan. Which slot should I be blowing shards on? A nicer BoP would be ideal, but that seems really inefficient when most of my stuff is still rare. I had been spending on gloves, hoping for Gladiator's since massacres happen all the goddamn time and I could use the cash, but given that I have decent trifecta rolls there for a rare... I dunno. Maybe pants?

Always gamble boots until you have a good Lavawalkers and a good Ice Climbers. You never know which you'll want to use at any given time, and those two are basically BIS depending on your build or class or what have you. I'd also recommend chaining act I bounties, since having a good Ring of Royal Grandeur for the future is a good idea, and the 1000% thorns proc bracers are terrific. Mine are hitting for about 6 million, and that's with a rather pathetic base thorns amount.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yes, cyclone strike is considered a knockback effect.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular

Incidentally,

I assume it is akin to going on a rollercoaster, thinking you'll die if you do it, but turns out it is pretty fun afterwards!

Hardcore is awesome. Come over to the dark side.

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

Sal do you know what they define as knockback? Is it any displacement effect, such as knockups, pulls, Rolley Polley Earth Attack, etc?

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »

Sal do you know what they define as knockback? Is it any displacement effect, such as knockups, pulls, Rolley Polley Earth Attack, etc?

Yes. For example, black hole counts as "knock back" (at least toward the "I Am The One Who Knocks" achievement).

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the hell the proc on Burning Axe of Sankris does? Also, whether or not there's a decent Fire barb build?

• Options
    I believe the proc on Sankris is a brief damage immunity window. I used it for a bit on my Monk at 60 and that is what I think I noticed happening.

I still have no idea what the proc on Wall of Man does. It doesn't last very long and doesn't impact my damage intake in any noticeable capacity.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    It's pretty frustrating to think that if I get like 1 of 3 weapons I could bump up my kill speed noticeably. Or if I could just get some Immortal King's pieces. I do like when I get that random Barb Avalanche bug though. Being able to nearly constantly use Avalanche and Boulder Toss as a result makes me wonder if that is what it'll be like being able to use CotA constantly.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    @UrQuanLord88

Another minor detail is that the mimics don't seem to consume DoTs even if you have the jade harvester set~

You could always swap phantasm with acid cloud-lob blob bomb or corpse bomb

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    The Sankis axe's ability is the Barb's Ignore Pain ability that gives 50% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Should I save rift tokens or whatnot until 70?

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Paragon 50. Ive gotten exactly 6 unique items. 3 Blackthorns Surcoat and 3 Wailing Hosts.

Wtf.

:neutral_face:

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Forty, it does not show "last logged in on," that would be far, far too easy.

I went on memory, the last played time of some of the people on my friends list, looked at profiles to see what characters looked like. There were a few people who had no characters above 50 for example.
    I was worried that there was nothing convenient like that. I'm not expecting WoW-level guild functionality, but the initial clan rollout feels so half-assed. Guess it's better than D2's, though...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm getting near max on my wizard and I'm wondering if my build is actually something that'll carry me through the end.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WeXdjm!UfX!Zaabcb

Is that a decent build, or am I just surviving because I'm not max level and serious yet?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I would really like 3 pieces of Aughilds, but I don't have the set plans yet and I have a low tolerance for farming Dane Bright. (Also he might not give lvl 12 crafting plans? I don't know.) I wouldn't mind a new weapon but the one I have has such high dps it's been hard to find something different.

Other than that any gear I get is a side grade or for an alternate build. The Crusader is kicking a lot of butt. Time to level another character to 70, I think.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    is there like, a wait list for clan invites or what?

also there's basically never more than 2-3 people in PAF, and I don't think I have ever seen anybody chat in it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    One thing I don't get with the game is the way they implemented crit chance and crit damage (and attack speed). For some reason they just use flat numbers for these stats, while with stuff like armor and resistances they used a scaling point system. This can make it extremely difficult to replace some items, like for example my Demon Hunter has a very good Legendary quiver that is level 60, and I have been completely unable to find an upgrade to it because it has these non-scaling numbers on it. I figured this was a lesson they learned a long time ago from World of Warcraft, but I guess not?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Another minor detail is that the mimics don't seem to consume DoTs even if you have the jade harvester set~

You could always swap phantasm with acid cloud-lob blob bomb or corpse bomb

Mimics won't cast acid cloud, not sure why. Really wanted acid cloud in there, but no go.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also my solution to the leveling blues is to do bounties on my monk, then use all the rift keys to run T2 rifts on my DH. It feels like the best way to level a new alt while still maximizing level 70 drops/time

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    One thing I don't get with the game is the way they implemented crit chance and crit damage (and attack speed). For some reason they just use flat numbers for these stats, while with stuff like armor and resistances they used a scaling point system. This can make it extremely difficult to replace some items, like for example my Demon Hunter has a very good Legendary quiver that is level 60, and I have been completely unable to find an upgrade to it because it has these non-scaling numbers on it. I figured this was a lesson they learned a long time ago from World of Warcraft, but I guess not?
    Which quiver? Eventually you'll be able to find a level 70 quiver with as much (or close to) attack speed and crit chance, but more dex, and that should be an upgrade.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    there isn't that much need for diablo to have WoW-style rating decay; WoW has much more of an explicit need to deprecate old gear. In D3 if something that dropped at level 60 remains useful at 70 that's really not a big deal, since there will still be a superior level 70 drop to be found in 99% of cases (I guess there might be some legendary item with all % affixes, but probably not.)

ed: plus I think there's virtue in the idea that stats are relatively easy to understand. If a thing says '10% cooldown reduction' that's pretty easy to intuitively understand. 215 Cooldown Rating (or whatever you'd call it) adds a weird math-step that really just makes everything confusing. WoW went there because it was necessary, but I suspect they really didn't like it much.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I would really like 3 pieces of Aughilds, but I don't have the set plans yet and I have a low tolerance for farming Dane Bright. (Also he might not give lvl 12 crafting plans? I don't know.) I wouldn't mind a new weapon but the one I have has such high dps it's been hard to find something different.

Other than that any gear I get is a side grade or for an alternate build. The Crusader is kicking a lot of butt. Time to level another character to 70, I think.

I am cursed with the opposite problem. I've been getting a pretty steady flow of legendaries in my T1 runs... but they've ALL been plans. I can currently make like 5-6 sets plus 1-2 legendaries for each slot. Why do you forsake me, RNGesus?

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Levels are a stupid, outdated concept that should have died at least 15 years ago but it never ever does and it's the most infuriating thing ever. This is unfathomably true in particular for using levels as a gate.

• Options
    there isn't that much need for diablo to have WoW-style rating decay; WoW has much more of an explicit need to deprecate old gear. In D3 if something that dropped at level 60 remains useful at 70 that's really not a big deal, since there will still be a superior level 70 drop to be found in 99% of cases (I guess there might be some legendary item with all % affixes, but probably not.)

ed: plus I think there's virtue in the idea that stats are relatively easy to understand. If a thing says '10% cooldown reduction' that's pretty easy to intuitively understand. 215 Cooldown Rating (or whatever you'd call it) adds a weird math-step that really just makes everything confusing. WoW went there because it was necessary, but I suspect they really didn't like it much.

My friend has a legacy rare wizard hat that's like, 6% crit, 200 int/vit, -4 AP cost of Disintegrate, 8 APoC and some fire resist. For his Dis builds, he will never get anything better than that, as it basically lets him fire Disintegrate endlessly with the Storm Armor rune for another -4. The funny thing about that item is he can't enchant it. We're not sure why. I've got some old legacy shit (that I pulled off the AH from ages ago) and it was enchantable, so we're not sure what the dilly yo is.

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So I have like at least 12 different legendary mats but none of them match the 5 or 6 legendary plans I have. Is there some web page that will show the plans/mats in a friendly format? And where to find the mats?

EDIT: Found this page here.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular

Incidentally,

Losing characters and getting back to 70 sucks, but the thrill in those few seconds when you think you might lose a character? Can't be beat. The rush of surviving a tough situation has your heart pounding and your whole body on (figurative) fire. Perma-death adds a whole new, unique flavor to the diablo experience. Try it. You might like it.

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »
    Levels are a stupid, outdated concept that should have died at least 15 years ago but it never ever does and it's the most infuriating thing ever. This is unfathomably true in particular for using levels as a gate.

But without levels there is no tangible character development. Players love levels, whether the concept is outdated or not. I know people that hated Oblivion/Skyrim because it doesn't have a traditional XP system (they are wrong and they should feel bad)!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    valiance wrote: »
    Losing characters and getting back to 70 sucks, but the thrill in those few seconds when you think you might lose a character? Can't be beat. The rush of surviving a tough situation has your heart pounding and your whole body on (figurative) fire. Perma-death adds a whole new, unique flavor to the diablo experience. Try it. You might like it.
    I appreciate you guys trying to turn me onto a new thing that I might like, but let me add one more piece of information to the discussion: I don't like rollercoasters.