As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's fucking interesting man, that's fucking interesting! (nsf56k)

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    fuckin

why would you ever not have a ladder extending down into the water at all times

I know nothing of sailing but it seems such a stupid way to die

what are fish going to climb it

They would have had a way to step up into the boat, but when the wind is in the sails you probably aren't gonna be able to swim fast enough to catch up.

You woulda just been treading water, watching the boat sail off into the distance and there's fuck all you can do about it!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    bah, didn't notice how many pages had been added since I was last here.

oh well.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SedraxisSedraxis Kooloo LimpahRegistered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYf6av21x5c&feature=player_embedded

Okay. How to destroy the sun pops in after 1:45.

EDIT: TL;DV Give it more shit to process to shorten it's life span, or give it so much shit it spreads out and shit is too far apart for fusion.

EDIT2: We are probably never ever going to have the ability to do this.
    Slight nit-pick:
    since there's basically no pressure in space, and pressure plays a major part in determining what a liquid's boiling point is, water exposed to the vacuum of space would boil, not freeze.
    Knowledge matters.

Mirrodinlandscape.jpg
    3DS: 0232-8293-7683
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    fuckin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Water_2:_Adrift

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    fuckin

Hell no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svF94VJCv_U

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hey, you guys want to drill a square hole?
    Use a Harry Watt drill bit, with a cross-section of a Reuleaux triangle:
    square_drill.gif

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    man i remember having the sun conversation with a high school friend of mine

"well you don't know what could happen! science doesn't have all the answers!"

okay but it's like thinking that taking a piss in the ocean is somehow going to break the entire ocean

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Skip to 0:41 to see it at normal speed. At 1:00 they show it in slow motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI-15fovYEY

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    fuckin

Everyone should read this because it is the dumbest thing ever

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    fuckin

Everyone shoukd read this because it sounds like the dumbest thing ever

Haha. One person has a fear of water, another has a fear of the sea and they all get naked to make a rope but there was a ladder on board the entire time?

What.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Then the guy uses the knife he took swimming in perhaps the only intelligent moment of the film to make a hand hold in the hull so another guy beats him up.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    fuckin

Holy shit, I thought you were kidding.

You were not.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Then the guy uses the knife he took swimming in perhaps the only intelligent moment of the film to make a hand hold in the hull so another guy beats him up.

I couldn't parse that bit. Is it because the dude's sustained a brain-affecting injury from hitting his head on the boat, or panic, or a realisation by the writers that they'd come up with a solution only sixty minutes in and had to string the film out a bit longer?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    I have to assume it was the writers. Unlike the first this entire thing was fabrication so they had to be struggling

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    fuckin

Aquatic lizard people

or

Zombie pirates

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I've been watching a lot of videos by this dude in the Schola Gladitoria who practices HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) and is an amateur historian/anthropologist

He answers a lot of myths about weapons and their use in a nicely informative way without sensationalizing anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezckiWeAAI

@Chincymcchilla‌

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this guy because I just watched 12 videos of his in a row and can't wait to watch 12 more down the road. It is like getting a stream of information directly into my brain.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    No problem, glad you're enjoying them!

He did like a seven part series about katanas that's pretty fun

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I have to assume it was the writers. Unlike the first this entire thing was fabrication so they had to be struggling

Nuh uh, says right there, " based on actual events".

Like, one time, some people on a boat went into the water.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It's a shame the sequel is so shithouse. The first one was pretty great iirc

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Its premise is based on the first film which did happen( sorta).

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    It reads like an extended episode of 999. Any chance we can get an edit with Michael Buerk narrating?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    On that "ten skiers disappear" story, am I the only one who noticed that when you add up the bodies they found you only get nine?

Obviously the tenth was a werewolf. It's the only logical explanation.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    fuckin

DICK SPEIGHT! The Trickster! Now I kinda wanna see it!

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Dyatlov Pass incident is one of those stock creepy stories that everyone likes to go back to
    Its certainly weird and tragic, but it was probably a combination of avalanche damage and hypothermia, including paradoxical undressing, an effect of a hypothermia-addled brain

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

darleysam wrote: »

Nuh uh, says right there, " based on actual events".

Like, one time, some people on a boat went into the water.

"Based on drunken comments made one night by Lou Rusoff"

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    On that "ten skiers disappear" story, am I the only one who noticed that when you add up the bodies they found you only get nine?

Obviously the tenth was a werewolf. It's the only logical explanation.

Or a yeti. Maybe a wereyeti.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    One went home early.

Also its just really silly because part of it is basically wondering what mysterious force could've crushed these four corpses found on a mountainside under several meters of snow?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Yeah of all the weird stuff the dying to impacts greater than a person can deal is the easiest to explain

• Options
    I like how a bunch of people say, but what about their clothes being radioactive and strange glowing spheres being seen in the sky that night?

And I'm like dogg none of that stuff was in the original report and was just made the fuck up by journalists writing about the incident

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'm super interested in this right now. It's so beautiful. I'm shedding tears over here.

Zt4sZkY.jpg

This should be a bannable offense, so not right to subject us to this kind of mouthwatering torture

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    paradoxical undressing is actually very, very, very rare.

as addressed by David Paulides in this fucking creepy Coast to Coast AM interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAirfJ74kW8

and the follow-up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dbwe0Olm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PzE5hLPT2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owjt5Qa-UDg

• Options
    Uh huh

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    You know how Popeye eats spinach to get strong? Turns out he could have really hulked out if he switched to bananas.

The potassium in bananas regularly emits gamma radiation, in small doses. A single banana isn't much, but a truck or shipping container full of them can set off detectors used to thwart attempts to smuggle nuclear material.

There's even a rating based on the radiation dose from the fruit. The "Banana Equivalent Dose" was created as an informational measure to give people a way of recognizing dosage in real terms.

Fukushima was equal to 76 million bananas.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    seriously though watch those videos because they're fascinating and they're a great thing to listen to while doing other stuff.

seriously, i know "lol Coast to Coast those wacky insane people"

but David Paulides is a very down-to-earth guy and doesn't speculate on the cause of the strange disappearances he's investigating.

IT'S INTERESTING WATCH THE VIDEOS.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    You know how Popeye eats spinach to get strong? Turns out he could have really hulked out if he switched to bananas.

The potassium in bananas regularly emits gamma radiation, in small doses. A single banana isn't much, but a truck or shipping container full of them can set off detectors used to thwart attempts to smuggle nuclear material.

There's even a rating based on the radiation dose from the fruit. The "Banana Equivalent Dose" was created as an informational measure to give people a way of recognizing dosage in real terms.

Fukushima was equal to 76 million bananas.

No wonder Donkey Kong is so strong

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I wonder why undressing when its detrimental is rare?

Science may never know

• Options
    Paradoxical undressing is present in 20 to 50 percent of cases according to New Scientist and the Journal of Forensic Science

I know that's a pretty big range but its certainly not very rare, and I trust this over literally anyone who has ever been on Coast to Coast AM

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Paradoxical undressing is present in 20 to 50 percent of cases according to New Scientist and the Journal of Forensic Science

I know that's a pretty big range but its certainly not very rare, and I trust this over literally anyone who has ever been on Coast to Coast AM

even...

MICHIO KAKU!?

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Did you know: the U.S. military has found that zombie apocalypses are actually a viable training scenario for emergency planning exercises, resulting in CONPLAN-8888

• Options
    I would listen to Michio Kaku without turning the program off, but he's not an expert in exposure or hypothermia so I'd take any assessment of his with a grain of salt

This discussion has been closed.