As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The One [chat]

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    some shitty weather down here in Houston. left for work at 6:40 a.m. and didn't get in until 7:50 a.m. Usually takes me about 30 minutes. flood warning throughout the day. fair number of people without power.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Someone pay me millions to do something trivial

have you considered making yourself essential in some bizarre field such as sucking on digits of saudi princes post-manipedi

The dry Arabian clime makes my hands crack

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Bleh working from home
    Gonna be so productive 4 reals

Once you're so badly chafed that you have no other option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_DNpTMKXk&feature=kp

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man the graphics in The Order: 1886 are BLAZIN

TO1886_WCH_Square_03_2014_05_21.jpg

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    A guy just sent me an email asking for a post-doc position. He seems to have a solid background, good education and accomplishments.

Then he signs his email with a large sparkly animated gif of his nickname.

It makes it very hard for me to take him seriously and not delete his email out of hand.

sig.gif
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    at some point there's going to be some kind of holographic video game subgenre and shit's gonna be cray

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    alternate answer:

Plastics-the-graduate.jpg

Plastics?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    alternate answer:

Plastics?

Autons.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    awwww yiiiisssss
    The new Bagel Shop that is both highly rated and on grubhub.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I hate how marketing affects me. I want to be totally immune to it, and sometimes think that I am, but here we are. If I heard about Watch Dogs for the first time today, I'd probably pick it up tonight. Reading the same reviews after so many months of relentless marketing, I just don't care. I'll probably play it a bit down the road.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    alternate answer:

Plastics?

There's a great future in plastics.
    Think about it.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    awwww yiiiisssss

Grubhub? Is that some sort of grub hub? Or a social network for bagels?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I've had the fat kitty for about three weeks now. His typical behaviors include:

—approaching and loudly meowing until obtaining attention. The approach may include reaching up to and pawing my shoulder while I'm sitting in my office chair. Yes, he's tall enough to do that. He will also walk on my desk and often find my computer-sleep button on my keyboard. This is a 25lb cat, btw. Once sufficient chin-nubbins have been acquired, or once he's been sat in my lap for a few minutes, he relinquishes this onslaught.

—cat napping in a nearby cat trap ie cardboard box

—moving into sight and then splaying out on his back and just hangin out. If approached for belly rubs he quickly returns to his feet in order to receive head or chin nubbins.

so far he's adjusted pretty well to my feeding him half as much as his previous owners.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Kalkino wrote: »
    awwww yiiiisssss

it is an app that allows me to order and pay for delivery without talking to someone or knowing where my wallet is.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    u
    I hate how marketing affects me. I want to be totally immune to it, and sometimes think that I am, but here we are. If I heard about Watch Dogs for the first time today, I'd probably pick it up tonight. Reading the same reviews after so many months of relentless marketing, I just don't care. I'll probably play it a bit down the road.
    After seeing all the pictures of funny names and cool things you could do I was very tempted to pick it up, but I remind myself that Saints Row IV ruined open world games for me.

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    awwww yiiiisssss

it is an app that allows me to order and pay for delivery without talking to someone or knowing where my wallet is.

basically, it is marriage weight delivery service

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    my week and a half of subsisting on chips, queso, and alcohol seems to have set my weight loss back 5 pounds or so. not exactly a shocking development.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    awwww yiiiisssss

basically, it is marriage weight delivery service

have u heard bout Drizly?

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/drizly-mobile-app-puts-alcohol-at-your-fingertips-DdRghf4dQkOknyi~Vh_n3A.html

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    After playing Sleeping Dogs, I'm pretty convinced that open world aspects to single player games are not that great.

SD is a game with a great storyline to it, but trying to keep its tone consistent when you're between storylines and accidentally running down civilians and getting into cop chases. Not only this, but the main medium for these games is driving (SD did a great job adding Batman-esque fighting into the equation, but could've gone deeper), but they don't add any of the finesse to it that racing games do, nor the potential for cool showy shit that games like Carmageddon or those ridiculous trickcycle games do.

So you end up with these games that have to have two separate bits of game design; one for designing the open world to be enjoyable to futz around in, and one for getting the storyline working within that same context.

Having medium open environments with different paths of play in them, a la Crysis 2, seems to be a much better option, but at the same time you lose the freedom of exploring the open world, which some people do enjoy.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So the new Xmen was pretty good!

I like McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto. This movie was pretty much just a Wolverine movie anyways. Jackedman doesn't disappoint.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Why is Mojo green?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Why is Mojo green?

At least he's right side up again

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    fucks sakes

i've lost another 7 pounds

weight is not supposed to fall off like this is it? :S

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    fucks sakes

Quick, use metric.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    fucks sakes

what are you eating

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    fucks sakes

How many days since last check?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    My roulade-cake turned out messy, but at least it is a roulade-cake, which was not a certain outcome.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    also: water

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    fucks sakes

what are you eating
    I too would like weight to fall off like that.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

I totally understand this position but reading reviews/previews especially the Giant Bomb Review/Quicklook

It doesn't sound like a great game, not worth $60 to me another half baked first effort form Ubi Montreal.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    fucks sakes

Quick, use metric.

I have, at times, been simultaneously 176 cm tall and less than 54 kg heavy.

• Options
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    fucks sakes

Quick, use metric.

I have, at times, been simultaneously 176 cm tall and less than 54 kg heavy.

That does not sound healthy. It's a couple of cm taller than me and a good twenty kilos less.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    fucks sakes

Quick, use metric.

i am translating for my mostly american audience
    Bethryn wrote: »
    fucks sakes

How many days since last check?

erm, a week or two?
    kaleedity wrote: »
    fucks sakes

what are you eating

same stuff i always have, i started watching my portion sizes a month or two back because i was getting a flabby belly

i dunno i still have a bit of flab but seeing all this weight go, im worried about being under weight

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    deebs looks to world star hiphop for his heroes

it's true

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    deebs looks to world star hiphop for his heroes

it's true

Im street, yo.

• Options
    i'm 177 cm tall and i've just dropped to under 70 kg

not terrible but i dunno where the weight is going i was 74kg about a year ago

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    awwww yiiiisssss

America is the promised land

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Didn't you start lifting or something similar recently Casual or am I confusing you for other chatters

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i can't order chinese food and pizza all the time anymore
    life sux

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.