As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Inx wrote: »
    Re: that scan-
    That's Redue's halberd, isn't it? He's gonna kill Redue and get a grape kachidoki lock seed out of the deal and take Redue's halberd to boot. LOVE IT.

Also Kaito is a brave man and his bravery will see him through.

Well some translation has been done on the scans which explain the content a little as well as new scans with less light-glare on them.

r1Hw0aq.jpg
    6zU1vLJ.jpg

The Lockseed is called the Yomotsuheguri (or Yomotsu-Heguri) Lockseed and branded L.S.-YOMI which translates into 'Food Of The Dead' and 'Hell' respectively. If what's been translated is true, it's meant to grant an Arms counterpart to Kiwami Arms to the bearer, letting Mitchy summon both his DraGun and Kiwi-Wheels as well as the weapons of the Overlords. However, as the name/branding hints, it's a lethal upgrade, slowly draining the user of their life-force the more they use it. As for Kaito, while there hasn't been any translation yet when it comes to him, other scans show him fighting against Duke in his regular Banana Arms...

NHmappn.jpgUIEgWEb.jpg\

...causing some to theorize that Ryoma may have cut off Kaito's use of the Genesis Driver. So Kaito going for a Helheim fruit may be a desperate act on his part to survive.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Can we discuss toys in this thread? I got some Gaim swag in the mail and it's super good.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Inx wrote: »
    Can we discuss toys in this thread? I got some Gaim swag in the mail and it's super good.

there's a toy thread in Graphic Violence if you ever wanna chat there

but yeah here would be good for any toku stuff, whatcha got coming? I just recently got SHF Zangetsu, and SHF Kachidoki is on order

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I just got the Sengoku Driver and the apple lock seeds. The lock seeds light up which is cool, but the Golden Apple seed lights up in a really rich red color which is kind of surprising cuz the plastic is, well, apple colored. However, using the Malus faceplace gets you the Baron fanfare when you put a seed in, which I found kinda jarring.

How are the SHFs for Gaim? I've been debating them because I generally love that line, but some of them (like the OOOs line) were kind of disappointing.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    well the only one I have so far is Zangetsu, which the overall engineering and articulation seems pretty solid, but his suit is kinda off-white-ish instead of the more pure white he is in the show

also it's pretty easy to knock shit off of his belt: the lockseed, the knife, and the sword holster especially

I'll probably somehow glue the knife and holster on since I really have no reason to take them off, and I don't really care about being able to turn the knife for the henshin motion, and the lockseed of course I won't glue but it stays in the best anyway

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Hm, that sounds a bit annoying. I was thinking on getting Baron though, since he's currently my favorite suit (save for Kachidoki, which we never see ;-;).

• Options
    go for it, Baron's colors are great, he doesn't have the sword holster to worry about which is definitely the most annoying part of Zangetsu, and really the knife and lockseed are fine, I was knocking those off only because I kept trying to put the holster back on

good luck getting Banana Arms for a decent price now though

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I was gonna try to pick it up at NY Comic Con. Bandai has a booth with a surprising amount of Figuarts, without the ridiculous con markup. Ends up being cheaper because I don't have to pay shipping. They had some of the newer ones last year, picked up Red Falcon and Black Condor, so they might have the Gaim riders this year.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/10/kamen-rider-draws-skylanders-kamen-rider-summonride/

I don't like that all of the figures are in the same pose, even if it is an iconic one. Still, this is a dangerous threat to my money.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    My poor, poor wallet....

• Options
    odvwl8cifkqw.jpg

Akiba's Trip is pretty amusing so far, guys.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Hey folks, wanna see what Kamen Rider Drive more or less looks like?
    OpadXwU.jpgZ3029QZ.jpg

• Options
    I'm...super okay with that actually.

• Options
    Nice spoiler.
    Get it!?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    it looks ok, nothing amazing or disappointing

I'll be incredibly sad if Terui/Accel doesn't have at least a single cameo in Drive

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    Saw it this morning and it's not what I expected/was hoping for. But I just realized something this time looking at the design: he is wearing a seatbelt on his armor and I am very okay with that.

Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    oh shit it is a seatbelt isn't it, I thought it was a tire, I'm dumb (edit - upon further review, I think it's supposed to be a combo of both)

I hope secondary/rival rider is muscle car rider

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Did anyone get a chance to watch the Showa vs Heisei movie? It wasnt bad.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Hooooooly shit these last couple of episodes.

Urobuchi, you gotta ease up, or the suffering train is going to speed right off the rails.
    Noticed that Micchy took some of the fruit with him when he collided into that bush?

Kouta couldn't even be allowed to take out Roshuo with his resolve, though they made up for that by letting him finally take care of Reddue.

The dialogue between Kaito and Micchy in the beginning is quite similar to how I'm picturing a future confrontation between two other Urobuchi characters once that certain series gets its sequel.

And Sagarabator is fully adopting the persona of a certain well-despised creature, as many predicted.

At this point I'm not seeing a happy ending for anyone here.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    A magazine cover from Japan has a nice clear (if slightly word-obscured) shot of Drive on their cover along with a look at the show's logo. Take a look in the box if you want to see all the nice detail.
    bBE6CI0.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Ah fuck, it's going to be another long week after this week's Gaim.
    Hell, Hell, Hell indeed.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    The face behind Drive's helmet has been revealed thanks to new magazine scans from Japan.
    yFul1it.jpg

Meet Shinnosuke Tomari, a young cop working for a special police unit. He's not working alone out in the field as Drive thanks to an AI built into the Driver. This isn't the first time a Rider has had a part of their Driver talking back to them as those who've watched Kiva can attest to.

49tjUwt.jpg

The Shift Cars do give Drive new abilities though the only visible change to the suit will be the tire around his waist.
    The Shift Car Max Flare will transform Drive into Type Speed Flare (orange). It grants our hero protective flames and he can obliterate his enemies with his Flare Stream.

Right next to Type Speed Flare, here is Drive Type Speed Spike (green), form he will gain by activating the Shift Car Funky Spike. Do not approach Type Speed Spike or you will be torn into pieces by his Spike Tornado!

Thanks to the Shift Car Midnight Shadow, Drive will transform into Type Speed Shadow (purple). He will be armed with the Shadow Shurikens he will throw at his enemies!

There's also new news for Gaim. Don't peek if you don't want to see possible final episode(s) spoilers!
    r6lCfqn.jpg

This is Kamen Rider Jam. Using the Dark Apple Lockseed, he/she can become equipped with the Darkness Arms which so far seems to grant a recolor of Gaim's Daidaimaru from his Orange Arms. No clue yet who it is behind the mask though this picture did pop up recently from someone who caught some final filming being done for the series.

8cioRfJ.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    I was hoping for a bigger change to Drive's uniform than just the wheel changing color, that's kind of disappointing, but maybe that's budget they can use to do cool stuff in other ways

I am really confused at what I'm looking at with the Gaim pic
    blonde Kouta in kind of Kiwami armor? Micchy still alive in Ryugen suit? Shinji Kido as Dark Apple?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    The face behind Drive's helmet has been revealed thanks to new magazine scans from Japan.
    yFul1it.jpg

Meet Shinnosuke Tomari, a young cop working for a special police unit. He's not working alone out in the field as Drive thanks to an AI built into the Driver. This isn't the first time a Rider has had a part of their Driver talking back to them as those who've watched Kiva can attest to.

49tjUwt.jpg

The Shift Cars do give Drive new abilities though the only visible change to the suit will be the tire around his waist.
    The Shift Car Max Flare will transform Drive into Type Speed Flare (orange). It grants our hero protective flames and he can obliterate his enemies with his Flare Stream.

Right next to Type Speed Flare, here is Drive Type Speed Spike (green), form he will gain by activating the Shift Car Funky Spike. Do not approach Type Speed Spike or you will be torn into pieces by his Spike Tornado!

Thanks to the Shift Car Midnight Shadow, Drive will transform into Type Speed Shadow (purple). He will be armed with the Shadow Shurikens he will throw at his enemies!

There's also new news for Gaim. Don't peek if you don't want to see possible final episode(s) spoilers!
    r6lCfqn.jpg

This is Kamen Rider Jam. Using the Dark Apple Lockseed, he/she can become equipped with the Darkness Arms which so far seems to grant a recolor of Gaim's Daidaimaru from his Orange Arms. No clue yet who it is behind the mask though this picture did pop up recently from someone who caught some final filming being done for the series.

8cioRfJ.jpg

After looking at that second image
    Thats err a male character. No two ways about that

• Options
    Some better scans of Drive and his initial abilities as well as the cast and villains have shown up thanks to Heroshock.com.
    ovVIXwb.jpg
    Y4zyBlW.jpg
    O75qqT0.jpg
    8085Hnz.jpg
    jqboy7s.jpg

• Options
    Why is Drive's symbol an R ?

And I'm not sure what the difference between the thorn tire and the flame tire is, they both seem to create a circle of pain around him

There's also a picture floating around of his weapons, a gun made from a car door (windshield included) which looks... ok, and then a sword with a steering wheel attached which looks dumb and clumsy

And those tires hanging off the back of his car are really bothering me

Those monsters seem ok, pretty samey and bland, but maybe those are just basic grunts?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Do I spy asian Tony Stark in one of those scans?

• Options
    You mean this guy?

b7Vl6HU.jpg

That's Christopher Daniel Peppler. He's playing Krim Steinbert, the genius behind the Drive Driver and the Tridoron vehicle. You may have heard his voice before if you picked this character to play as in the arcades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUAPbegR4jA

• Options
    Never played Crazy Taxi, but basically so far as Drive is concerned, yes, Asian Tony Stark.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    SbWiq1i.jpg

The press conference they usually have for each new Kamen Rider series happened within the last 24 hours and some more info has come from it. The show's writer is Riku Sanjo who was the lead writer for Kamen Rider Double and Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger as well as working on Kamen Rider Fourze. Fans of old anime may also recognize his name as the one behind MD Geist. The director's Ryuta Tasaki who's not just headed filming for plenty of Kamen Rider series (including Gaim) but Super Sentai AND Power Rangers, being the main director for Lightspeed Rescue. The theme song, 'Surprise Drive' will be performed by Mitsuru Matsuoka (who played Kamen Rider Eternal in the Double solo-movie and the Double Returns: Eternal direct-to-DVD movie) and a new band, Earnest Drive. Translations of the cast and characters they play have also been released thanks to sites like Henshin Justice. Keep in mind that these may not be 100% accurate until confirmed by the show's airing which will begin on October 5th.
    RqncobJ.jpg
    Shinnosuke Tomari (Ryoma Takeuchi)

He's a young man who transforms into Kamen Rider Drive and a policeman belonging to the Special Unit of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. He is "exiled" to the Special Unit, and he has lost his motivation. In past days, he was a hot-blooded elite, but he encountered a certain incident in his past section. He was traumatized by the fact that a detective colleague had no hope of recovery. He will then meet Drive Driver, and find a new goal by becoming the secret hero Kamen Rider Drive.

9e4b7jg.jpg
    Kiriko Shijima (Rio Uchida)

She is a cop belonging to the Special Unit of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department and is the heroine of this Kamen Rider. She is a beautiful woman, but she doesn't laugh to the point that she is frightening, and she accomplishes her job mechanically. In reality, she is a person who knows the true identity of Kamen Rider Drive, and she takes an active part in the fights as Shinnosuke's right-hand man. She is a super assistant that also excelled in hand-to-hand combat.

mQozmgT.jpg
    Rinna Sawagami (Rei Yoshii)

She is a scientist in electronic physics and is an honorary member of the Special Unit of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. She is performing studies of the enemy monsters' power, and is helping Shinnosuke's double investigations as the person in charge of the mechanics. She is single and is rather impatient on the inside. She has a bright personality, and is the mood maker (the inspiring person) of the Special Unit.

oV1SVmc.jpg
    Genbachirou Otta (Koumoto Masahiro)

He is the assistant police inspector belonging to the first investigation division of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, and is a detective at the zenith of his working years who has been dispatched from the first investigation division as a cooperating contact man. He thinks that the work of the Special Unit is completely trouble, and he is mocking the Special Unit by saying that it is an "occult club". He has a sharp tongue, but is a detective that people can count on, and his methods surprisingly match with Shinnosuke's. In reality, he is an amazing doting parent, and regarding only that point, he doesn't want it to be known by anyone.

yqg08mZ.jpg
    Jun Honganji (Tsurutaro Kataoka)

He is the section chief of the Special Unit of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department (His managerial position is the police superintendent). He is a pacifist who really hates troubles, and ordered Kiriko to keep an eye on Shinnosoku because of his habit to skip work. He seems to be anxious about fortune-telling and feng shui (Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment), and the color of his necktie is the lucky color of the very same day.

W6vNDTc.jpg
    Kyuu Saijou (Kenta Hamano)

He is a network student and an honorary member of the Special Unit of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. He is an expert in digital, who possesses in great number network-related books, and his information-gathering capacity is also high. He has the so-called otaku-like appearance, and is single. His occult hobbies are also entering slightly dangerous areas, and there is also the fact that his approach towards cases is sometimes frowned upon by the whole unit.

Toraidron

Toraidron is the super machine that Kamen Rider Drive drives. Usually, it's a car that the Special Unit of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department owns, but when the Drive Driver senses the enemy's existence, the car changes into a form where the left front wheel is exposed. Moreover, according to the orders of the Drive Driver, Toraidron will also change into forms from the Type Speed basic form so that it can cope with various environments. Also, Drive Driver is stored in the vicinity of the deck board in Toraidron.

QIhyj6K.jpg
    Left to right: Chase (Taiko Katono), Heart (Tomoya Warabino), Brain (Shota Matsushima)

Chase

He is the professional killer of the Roimyuuds, and rides a motorbike that also goes by the name of "God of Death". He is a shy and handsome man that will become the rival warrior of the Kamen Riders, but his true identity is wrapped in mystery.

Heart Roimyuud

He is a leader of the Roimyuuds, and is a man difficult to approach with a black coat for his visual aspect. He is acting in secret as the mastermind of the Roimyuuds, he is a show-off who doesn't care about minor details, and he sometimes hastens things by force, but his power is still unknown.

Brain Roimyuud

He is a leader of the Roimyuuds. He is the head of the Roimyuuds, and is in charge of analysis and information gathering. He has a nervous personality, and regards Kamen Rider Drive as the most dangerous. He can also perform attacks that affect the nerves.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Kamen rider speed racer.

100% onboard

• Options
    "She is a beautiful woman, but she doesn't laugh to the point that she is frightening" What does that even mean?

Genbachirou Otta sounds like Hojo from Agito

And I'm confused, you said in the picture it goes purple Chase, red Heart, black Brain, but Heart's description says, "and is a man difficult to approach with a black coat for his visual aspect"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Nice spoiler.
    Get it!?

It went over my head.
    I'm sorry, I'll show myself out.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm down. Double was my favorite and I loved Kyoryuger.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    mrmr wrote: »
    Saw it this morning and it's not what I expected/was hoping for. But I just realized something this time looking at the design: he is wearing a seatbelt on his armor and I am very okay with that.
    It looks like a tire to me.

• Options
    Yeah it's definitely a tire, though across the body like that I'm sure was meant to evoke the idea of a seatbelt as well

Here, have some actual video of Drive

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Okay yeah I'm hype for this, and it airs the day before my birthday.

Please don't let this be another Wizard.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    "She is a beautiful woman, but she doesn't laugh to the point that she is frightening" What does that even mean?

It's an Anime trope that dosen't get too much screen time.

It's the super serious, super competant badass female protagonist/antagonist/sidecharacter. Usually their displayed as more deadly then the main character, but on occasion they get Warfed.

Their story arc usually involves the main character(always male) loosening them up, and eventually givin them the d.

Or they get killed off uncerimoniously.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    This week on Puella Psycho Rider Gaim on the Verdurous Planet Zero.
    Butcher, come on....

I know you love to put your characters through the ringer. It's the reason I love your shows so much.

But you have to give me some kind of hope here. I mean, geez.

Mai attains the power of a God, but is unable to even speak the words she wants to warn her friends not to tread down the path that will destroy them....

And after Kouta gives Micchy the "I still forgive you" speech, only for Micchy to come back and lose the only thing that mattered in his life, the only thing that he felt could absolve him of his sins...

Shit's cold, man.

This was supposed to be a fruit show for kids.

You monster.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    This week's episode
    I felt that the first half kinda fell flat. The battle between Kouta and Micchy wasn't as climactic as I'd hoped, and it ends with the Hell Fruit seed getting destroyed? And it wasn't even because MIcchy lost the fight, but because Kouta sacrificed himself (of course not REALLY) to save Micchy, after the little shit has been nothing but evil for half the show.

So we get a new suit, which they hyped up to be pretty badass, but which saw less total screentime than your average movie suit. And then Micchy gets forgiven. I'm pretty much livid at the way that was handled.

But the second half of the episode was pretty solid. We have Ryouma being Ryouma, doing some science, we have a classic time travel paradox, and then we have Kaito's Overlord form. I'm not sure I love the design, but they did a solid job of showing the jump in power he received.

The preview for next episode seems to have Kaito trying to take over the world or something, which feels a bit out of character, but previews can be misleading.

All in all, I'd say this was probably the weakest episode of Gaim to date, but it had some notable moments that made it worthwhile.

This discussion has been closed.