As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    We have our 45th Sentai trademark

Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger

Between Kikaider and Kamen Rider Kikai, there are almost definitely androids involved

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Kamen Rider Saber's villainous Rider may have had his actor's identity accidentally revealed due to a TV Asahi listing.
    The face behind the purple mask looks to belong to none other then actor Mitsuru Karahashi. He's best known as Kaido from Kamen Rider Faiz and Fuza Juzo from Shinkenger.

• Options

This is a pretty neat opening sequence for the upcoming Kamen Rider game. The song from the artists behind Double's theme helps.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Kiramager's gonna have a pair of special guest-stars next week, both from a previous Super Sentai series and reprising their roles from said series.

Kazue Itoh and Sakina Kuwae will be showing up as their characters from Gekiranger, Miki and Natsume Misaki. Miki runs SCRTC, a sporting good company that also backs the Gekirangers in their fights while Natsume's Miki's daughter and apparently by now is a part of SCRTC as well.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Something crazy and very well-disguised about last week's Z:

Riku's actor didn't film any new footage for the episode

The Riku/Pega spaceship stuff is repurposed Geed footage with no dialogue, he speaks to Haruki telepathically from the ship, and only ever appears on Earth as Geed

Dunno if it's a covid precaution or what, but I had no idea until it was pointed out to me

• Options
    https://youtu.be/c9SThu_TXl8

A gameplay video for Memory Of Heroez was dropped, showing off how form-changes work for Double. The end of the video has some flashes of who else will be appearing in the game.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options

Just got my copy in the mail

It’s a pretty slick package!

• Options
    A lineup picture of Kamen Rider Saber's Riders also include the first look at the next addition to the sword-wielders.
    lH6Napnh.jpg

The next Rider incoming is Kamen Rider Slash, their powers and their sword, Suzune, coming from the Wonder Ride Book based on Hansel & Gretel. Similar to Keizan, their sword is more then just one though in Slash's case it's due to it being able to turn into a gun.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Those suits are overall pretty neat

How are people liking the show so far?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Those suits are overall pretty neat

How are people liking the show so far?

From what I've seen so far, it's been pretty cool. I really like Buster though...
    ...I can't help feel that his dad-status has slapped a big ol' target on his back much like Lazer from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. The preview for the next episode doesn't help that fear much either.

On a related Rider note, it looks like Gaim and the Sengoku Driver is next up for the CSM treatment. However, it's curious that Project Ark is being mentioned as part of the advertisement. For those unaware...
    ...Project Ark was the plan by the Yggdrasill corporation to create as many Sengoku Drivers as possible in order for some of humanity to survive the Helheim Forest invasion. As in only 1/7th of the world population.

• Options
    Oh I don’t think I’m buying all these but this is neat

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The new Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden just got revealed.

And not only is it both Bravo and Gridon but it looks like the two are each getting their own super-forms with Zangetsu showing up to show his off as well. The two new super-forms are King Durian Arms and Lychee Arms. There's also a new Rider showing up called Kamen Rider Sylphy. The new Lockseeds will be sold as part of the new CSM Sengoku Driver as well as a copy of the fake Donguri Lockseed Bravo somehow made for Gridon.

And here's the announcement tweet for the CSM Sengoku Driver.

Bravo and Gridon's set of Lockseeds isn't the only one coming out for it as there's plans for more to come out.

It was also noted that Driver-plates will be coming out with the Lockseeds sets as well as a blank one.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    Well, that was a pretty good cameo in Episode 8.
    25d1yfriw3lj.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/i_leAH4bVLk

Ever wanted to see the Heisei Rider opening credit sequences without the text of said credits in the way? Toei decided to help you out there by posting a compilation video of said openings (from Kuuga to Zi-O) on their official channel as a possible opening shot to the upcoming 50th anniversary of Kamen Rider next year.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Working my way through Zero One still, on ep 18

Shining Assault Hopper and Thouser are S+ Tier suit designs, holy shit

Like, I'm struggling to come up with a Rider design I think is better... Eternal is probably equal? OOO Tajador, Gaim Kachidoki, The Bee, and Ixa are like a step below

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Accel and Joker are great, but very minimal, solid color designs. Most from Kabuto are very solid, definitely. I like default Kiva a lot, too. Faiz/Kaixa are great.

I didn't watch Drive, but most of the suits from that also look pretty good. I should really give that show another shot.

Wizard and Ghost were very disappointing, did not hold up well in action.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    According to November's scans for Saber, the show's gonna continue breaking some standard Rider molds.
    anlGlBI.jpg

By that I meant that they had Blades be the first to get a fully-powered form prior to Saber though it can be said to not be a proper persona-upgrade (like Build Sparkling and Zero-One Shining Hopper). However, Saber will get his complete Wonder-Combo form going in November when he gets his hands on the Saiyuu Journey WR-Book, letting him achieve his Crimson Dragon WC-form.

Rnk0HCk.jpg

Likewise, Espada will get his hands on the Tri-Cerberus WR-book, letting him also gain his own WC-form, Golden Alanjina.

bPUhWMr.jpg

Here's where the standard Rider plotting diverts again though as the first personal upgrade of the show is going to it's villainous Rider! Thanks to the Jaou Dragon WR-book, Caliber will become stronger then ever and the Wonder Combo forms of our three lead Riders may not be enough to combat it.

• Options
    Those are fucking cool, and Spider-Man is an honorary toku hero

Do they have the toku suit in either game?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    DOUBLE

SPIDERS

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    The new Rider for Kamen Rider Saber's film has been revealed as well as who's playing him.

1prYgq2.jpg

Bahat/Bacht AKA Kamen Rider Falchion AKA the Immortal Swordsman. Not surprising as his Wonder-Ride Book is Eternal Phoenix. More importantly, he's played by Masashi Taniguchi who's known to Super Sentai fans as Nagare Tatsumi AKA Go-Blue from GoGo-V while Kamen Rider fans know him as Jin Takayama AKA Kamen Rider Amazon-Alpha from Kamen Rider Amazons.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/-mVy2IIEWHY

Suppose this is as close as we'll get to him showing up on Kamen Rider Saber.

• Options
  • Options
    I finished Zero One like... a week ago?

Fantastic. Definitely up there with OOO and W for me.
    The suits were top notch. Zero Two was so crisp. I'm a little sad Metal Cluster showed up so soon and was so prevalent, because I think Shining Assault Hopper is still my favorite looking suit of his, and the teleport attack stuff was super awesome, but then Metal Cluster showed up and it was mostly brute force. Still, a solid looking suit as well, though I wish it had some black mixed in to break up all the silver.

I'm glad Thouser stuck with the one suit the whole time and basically always competed. Nice to see someone that didn't need a bunch of forms to keep up. Seemed kinda weird Gai got off so easy though. Sure, they gave him a hard time when he face turned, but damn, shouldn't he be like... going to jail? Him being like 45 and "always looking 22" I thought was going to be a plot point, like he was actually a high end HumaGear or something, but nope. Reminds me of Hina in OOO being superhumanly strong for... no explained reason?

Anyway, it was a super fun show. All the characters were pretty solid. I'm a sucker for AI/robots gaining sentience and such though. I mean, Blade Runner is one of my favorite all time movies, soooo

The movie isn't out yet, right? Sometime this month?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    x6KPSaM.jpg

The Kiramangers' movie has a release date and it won't be the only Super Sentai film airing that date either. The Ryusoulgers will also be getting a new film as well as the new 45th Super Sentai team, recent trademarking for them revealing their name to be Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.

• Options
    So, a new isekai manga just started...where the generic Japanese teenager was already a sentai hero.
    7.jpg

Sentai Red Isekai de Boukensha ni Naru (The Red Ranger Becomes an Adventurer in Another World)

It looks good, so I'm gonna have to sit down and read it later!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Technically an anime, but it’s based on a toku, so

New trailer and info for SSSS.Dynazenon came out yesterday

https://youtu.be/fpZpPaEmLI8

Starts in April

New trailer is a nice progression from the first one, though I do prefer the simplicity of the first (which might actually be one of my favorite trailers ever?)

https://youtu.be/-Io4aHizWvQ

Speaking of, TsuPro has been releasing Gridman eps subbed weekly. It’s pretty standard as far as a 90’s toku goes, though this past week’s episode did shed some light on the the Anosillus stuff from the Gridman anime

• Options
    ZBAD9gr.jpg

Bluefin Brands and Toei's celebrating their 1-year anniversary of working together to bring Kamen Rider merch to our side of the globe with a subbed KR film. They chose to bring over Gaim's solo-film however. Set during the end-arc of the series, it has the various Riders pulled unknowingly into an alternate timeline created by a mysterious character. It's not exactly something to watch if you haven't seen the Kamen Rider Gaim series up to the point it occurs at despite not really mattering to the show's overall plot.

• Options
    I beg to differ on that last point
    I skipped the movie the first time I watched Gaim, assuming it would be unimportant, only to be completely confused in the last ep when the villain of the movie showed up and everyone knew who they were

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I beg to differ on that last point
    I skipped the movie the first time I watched Gaim, assuming it would be unimportant, only to be completely confused in the last ep when the villain of the movie showed up and everyone knew who they were

Oh right.
    Forgot about Mars/Jam.

• Options
    So it looks like a picture of one of the Zenkaigers have been released into the wild by accident thanks to an ad for a UFO-Catcher machine. Not 100% confirmed but it does match the silhouette of the 3-Sentai Film ad I posted here recently.
    6Q7GwUG.jpg
    RQaik6P.png

It's said that his name is Zenkaiser, the leader of the group ala J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai's Big One which he does visually resemble a little. Current rumors floating around state that the rest of the team or at least their mechs will be visually patterned after previous Super Sentai mecha.

• Options
    It’s beautiful, so retro

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Spoilers are trickling in about Zero-One's solo film. One of which is the explanation behind the two Zeros in the trailer which can be seen in the picture in the box below.
    BvKrLC6.jpg

Also, the post-series special for Zero-One has been announced under the title 01thers. First up...
    1irKO0k.png

...is 01thers: Kamen Rider MetsubouJinrai, naturally featuring MJ.Net. The new piece introduced is the MetsubouJinrai Driver (via a new faceplate for the 01-Driver, along with the Mass Brain Zetsumerise-Key. Based on the name of the Key and the Driver's design, we could be seeing MJ.Net joining minds in a fusion-form of sorts.

• Options
    Sooo, new pic for retro ranger
    3ghebe269en7.jpeg

Cool

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Sooo, new pic for retro ranger
    3ghebe269en7.jpeg

Cool

That in fact seems to be the whole team. Guess the rumors were true.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I'm conflicted. On one hand, it's cool they're doing something different. On the other, it looks like it leaning into the bad habit of some recent sentai of being super focused on lead.

Although, we may have finally hit full circle with Sentai becoming Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider becoming Sentai.

This discussion has been closed.