As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The anniversary homages in their are cool too

Zenkaiser - Big One and a GoRanger helmet
    Red - Dinosaur teams and DaiZyuJin styling head
    Yellow - Animal teams with a GaoKing styled head
    Blue - Vehicle teams with a DaiBouKen style head
    Pink - is basically just MagiQueen instead of MagiKing

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    E8dtEW1.jpg

A teaser from Halloween involving Decade has been cleared up as it's been announced that a pair of Rider-Time specials will be airing in February. Their titles are (going with Rangerboard as the second one seems to have multiple takes) Kamen Rider Zi-O vs. Decade: The 7 Zi-Os and Kamen Rider Decade vs. Zi-O: Death Game of Decade Mansion. Toshiki Inoue's at the writing helm with Satoshi Morota directing.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Okay, new Zenkaiger leak shows what the mecha look like before they morph as well as their other forms and combinations

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Now go ahead and show us the much less expensive actors that will actually be on camera 90% of the time.

Boy Zyuohger was disappointing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Wait you wanted them to be in Zyuman form more often?

I hate having more than one suit-only ranger on the team, it's the main reason I hate Kyuranger

I'm desperately hoping the four mecha rangers have human forms because I can't deal with a team of mostly suits

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Guessing the robot theme is in part a COVID adaptation?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Here's a summary of the Zenkaiger leaks, straight from Something Awful's Toku-thread.
    ZenKaiser- Goshikida Kaito is a young man who wants to be #1 in any field, if doesn’t matter what. “He’s man who goes from 0 to 1.” Usually just a happy goof, if his switch is activated he becomes a “hot headed fool.” He considered everyone his friend and often invades invades personal space. In any case, he rushes at everything with “Full Power Full Throttle”

ZenkaiJuran, “Juran”- Actually the oldest member of the team. He thinks of himself a as cool and reserved old man, but he’s actually an annoyingly stubborn Kikainoid. Even though he’s a mechanical lifeform, he’s bad at technology, and is a muscle-brained powered type. He’s a fierce friend and values his relationships, and hits it off immediately with Kaito. He loves parties and being the center of attention!

ZenkaiGaon “Gaon”- A “natural airhead” Kikainoid who is peaceful and considered humanity as just one among animal-kind. Conversely, he doesn’t get along with his own kind, and is rather cold to other mechanical life forms. His speciality is cooking. He is very diligent preparing meals for Kaito. Could it be perhaps it’s like feeding your pet? He’s a “my pace” kind of character.

ZenkaiVroon, “Vroon”- A serious “class president” type character. He loves learning but hasn’t had a chance to receive formal schooling & there’s a lot he doesn’t know. There’s a lot he is interested in knowing and sometimes his questions will be annoying or dark, unintentionally He loves cleanliness and his speciality is cleaning. He has a habit of falling in love with people (no matter their race.)

ZenkaiMagine, “Magine”- She considers herself reserved and shy, but at times she is actually quite brazen! She loves magic, the occult and non-scientific things. She becomes intensely obsessed with those things she loves, and is basically an otaku. As a mechanical life form, she sees humanity as “fantasy” and is incredibly interested in it. In contrast with Vroon, she is the type to never clean up!

Goshikida Isamu and Goshikida Mitsuko- Kaito’s parents. They’re professors who discovered the existence of parallel worlds, and are currently missing.

Goshikida Yatsude- Kaito’s grandmother who runs a sweets shop/cafe called “Colorful”. He lives with her.

Secchan- A mechanical bird that was left to Kaito by his parents. When the enemy invades, he suddenly starts talking!

Animal/vehicle form names for the Kikainoids- GaonLion, JuranTyranno, MaginDragon, VroonDump. Kikai Henkei is what it’s called when the robots shift to their mecha forms. ZenkaiOh JuraGaon, VrooMagine, ZenkaiOh JuraMagine ZenkaiOh VrooGaon

GearTlinger- A gun-type henshin device developed by Kaito’s parents. By setting SentaiGears “condensed versions of Super Sentai Powers” into it, you can transform into a Zenkaiger of that Sentai’s type (Robo combo only) Also allows ZenkaiJuran & the rest to grow giant & combine

SentaiGears (Gears used by the heroes)- Condensed versions of the “Super Sentai”who exist across the many parallel worlds. Allowing the Zenkaiger to transform, they can also be used to call on those Sentai’s powers.

KikaiTopia- Of the many parallel worlds that exist, it’s a world that is home to Mechanical Lifeforms known as “Kikainoids.” The majority of Kikainoids are beings of good, but the current rulers, the “Evil Dynasty Tojitendo” and rules them with fear and an iron fist.

KikaiTopia Dynasty Tojitendo- The organization who rules over KikaiTopia with an iron fist

TojiruGears (Gears the villains use)- Using parallel world tech (misuse the tech Kaito’s parents created), worlds are “tojikometa” (locked up) & gears are created. TojiruGears can be set in the minions & call forth the power of those locked up worlds, summoning monsters from them

Also, a look at the next Logos Rider in Kamen Rider Saber leaked and the info attached to it is pretty nuts if true.
    b8EJOhe.jpg

According to the leaked info, Saikou is like Ex-Aid's Lazer in that he doesn't have a proper Rider form. Rather, he turns into the sword itself while Rider-like puppets called Shadows wield him when he's changed, averting the issue Lazer had with his Lv2 form.

Finally, the new Rider for the Zero-One: 01hers special also has his picture leaked via an ad for the new gear.
    f050s8z.png

Here's Kamen Rider Metsuboujinrai. Helmet alone's giving me a Drive sort of vibe.

EDIT: Magazine scans for December are out and here's a better look at the new Rider.
    4xRwF0U.jpg
    d8iWIfv.jpg

It's not just Saikou's Shadow that can use him as other Riders like Saber can also pick him up and use him.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    The Zenkaiger press conference happened and here's a subbed version of the show's first trailer.

Likewise a look at the group in their non-hero wear.
    laKuwa1.jpg

The voice-actors for the bots from left to right are Yuki Kaji, Shintaro Asanuma, Yume Miyamoto and Takuya Sato.

One of the biggest pieces of news from the conference is that they're getting Goranger's composer, Chumei Watanabe, to work on Zenkaiger's soundtrack too. He'll be working with Ken'ichiro Oishi who's been working on Super Sentai music since Go-Onger.

• Options
    Look at that robo nerd.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Look at that robo nerd.

He does seem like it.

The bots were presented as themselves at the conference by the way, with the voice-actors stowed away in the back.

There is one other big piece of news when it comes to the music.

• Options
    Toei released on their international YT channel a 8-minute highlight reel of the Kamen Rider Zero-One stage-show with English notations. Since it's set after the show, it has some major spoilers so don't watch if you haven't finished the series yet.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That’s awesome! I wish I could go to one of those. Gai didn’t make an appearance, I wonder why

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Toei's released the first look at not one but the TWO new Riders showing up in the Zero-One: 01thers special.

• Options
    Trailers for both upcoming Rider-Time specials have been released, revealing who's stopping by.

Probably the biggest news out of the casting is the return of none other then Ryota Murai who played the AR-World Kuuga on Kamen Rider Decade. Meanwhile, all the Watch Riders are returning as well as the Time-Jackers in their reincarnated selves. Others showing up and playing different roles include Kazuki Namioka and Yoshida Metal (Sid and Oren from Kamen Rider Gaim) and Rena Takada (Mizuki from Kamen Rider Amazons).

Of course, there's gonna be new Rider forms and of course, they're gonna be a mite kitbashed.
    2Wt3AQZ.jpg

Let's get the 'ooof' one out of the way first. Decade gets an upgrade to his Complete form, called Complete Form 21, adding the post-Decade Riders up to Zero-One. And yes, he has more cards glued onto his new cape.

FQijYhN.jpg

Meanwhile Zi-O gets his hand on the Ridewatch belonging to the other Reiwa Rider, Saber, using it with his Decade Armor for what looks to be a near-zero-effort DecadeArmor-Saber form. But at least we get to see the Heisaber finally brought out again after being barely used in series.

• Options
    I did not think that first one could get any dumber, but they found a way.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Yeaaaahhh, they could have done that way better. I mean, here's a good look at it from head to toe.
    d9CCUKu.jpg

The top thought that comes to mind:

8626scc.jpg

• Options
    There's a way to make that idea work, but that's just the cheapest and laziest way to handle it. Wow.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    There's a way to make that idea work, but that's just the cheapest and laziest way to handle it. Wow.

I know, there's a good idea there!
    Adding more upper-armor's fine and so's the cape. But trying to shove all the cards on the front just doesn't work. They could have taken inspiration from Grand Zi-O and at least distributed it along the torso and sides. And double-decking on the crown's just silly as well as marking the K-Touch with the numbers 21. The K-Touch itself could have been upgraded itself, making it more of a touch-screen then it was.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y56V0RHYOg
    https://youtu.be/CrO7vBqZaFQ

Toei's started their weekend sampling of Kamen Rider last week with the first two episodes of the original series. This week, it's Ryuki's turn.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I truly do not understand posting the first episodes of a series that is otherwise unavailable

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUIq-FIQ0oA

Looks like they're skipping Episode 2 of Ryuki and went with Amazon's first episode. Which is a bit weird since...
    ...Ryuki doesn't get his full power until Episode 2.

• Options
    Saber's magazine scans for February are up and more upgrades are in store.
    p2zPW8p.jpg

Story-wise however, we finally get to see more of the Order's personnel from the Southern Base. Seeing how 'friendly' their spokeswoman Reika has been, it might not be a good thing that our current batch of Riders aren't unified. They're not the only ones showing up however as Logos himself, the creator of the Order, will be making an appearance with an unidentified book.

wDcmzNq.jpg

Despite Reika's antagonistic stance against Saber, the Southern chapter do give him a new upgrade called Primitive Dragon.

F7wXuVX.jpg

Unfortunately for our hero, Primitive Dragon is a berserker form of sorts, making Saber act similar to Build in his unfiltered Hazard-form and likely to make the others distrust him more until he can get it under control.

WMXSWKb.jpg

Thankfully Saikou's around to help with that thanks to his own new upgrade, X-Swordsman. Yep, Saikou's new form is based on a comic-book he read. In it's normal state, X-Swordman works visually like Build's RabbitRabbit/TankTank forms in that it forms armor around Shadow to give him a proper body. However, the form's armor can focus itself completely around a leg or an arm as alternate named modes; Wonderful for the leg and Powerful for the arm.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    https://youtu.be/UG27mtFR4lc

In case no one heard, Kamen Rider Agito's Driver, the Altering, is the next CSM-produced belt. Besides fresh lines from Agito himself, Toshiki Kashu, and 10 different songs, the belt also has infrared sensors to help the belt react to transformation poses. It'll also come with 12 LED lights for the various forms as well as the Dragon Claw centerpiece for Burning and Shining forms. It's set to come out in September with pre-orders beginning near the end of March.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ads are up for the new merchandise coming out of the upcoming Zi-O/Decade Rider-Time specials.
    caXmKdY.jpg
    PllhqUB.jpg4et3Eal.jpg

There'll be two new Ridewatches instead of one with the second being based on Decade's new form. The K-Touch 21 as it seems to be called can be bought by itself or packaged with the Neo-Decadriver.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That Decade is so hideous

Hopefully I can start watching Build soon

I wonder how Saber is turning out so far

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I wasn’t into Saber at first but I definitely came around on it and I’m really enjoying it these days

Yuri rules, great addition

• Options
    On the other end of the pool, there's Reika still having everyone dance along her tune mostly. Hopefully this will come to a head soon enough because that particular trope in Kamen Rider tends to wear out it's welcome sooner rather then later.

• Options
    The first scans for next month are coming in for Kamen Rider Saber and good news for those not fond of a certain troublemaking character.
    Qyz0rrp.jpg

Reika's picking up a sword and thus has flagged herself open for PvP retaliation, becoming (translated so far) Kamen Rider Szabla. Her blade's Noroshi, the Sword Of Smoke, and her WR-Book's The Great Insect Encyclopedia.

• Options

This sequence is literally flawless

Zyuran's giving me some Momotaros-vibes in the opening of this clip and that's a good thing.

• Options
    So I started Build like a week ago and I'm halfway through

Pretty solid so far, I'm definitely enjoying it, though I don't think it's quite Zero One levels in my opinion

I'm bummed Cross-Z's original suit was barely used before moving on to the Sclash Driver jelly version. The original suit looked way cooler.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Gave Zenkaiger a shot, and it's got a pretty good start. I'm at least interested enough to watch all the team introduction episodes, I think. Although it has the same 'incredibly boring/annoying main character' problem as almost every modern sentai. Hopefully he's not too grating.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

Pretty solid so far, I'm definitely enjoying it, though I don't think it's quite Zero One levels in my opinion

I'm bummed Cross-Z's original suit was barely used before moving on to the Sclash Driver jelly version. The original suit looked way cooler.

Of course, not long after this, his jelly belt broke and so he went back to original again, then upgraded to magma, which is rad, so things worked out

Btw, Nanba’s Children is kinda fucked up to be in Kamen Rider, lol

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Of course, not long after this, his jelly belt broke and so he went back to original again, then upgraded to magma, which is rad, so things worked out

Btw, Nanba’s Children is kinda fucked up to be in Kamen Rider, lol

One thing I like about the brothers and their gear...
    ...is that their version of the Kaiser system kinda sucks when compared to the original from the Build/Ex-Aid movie. Especially since Hell Bros isn't a proper fusion like Bikaiser which leaves one of them just sitting around unprotected and unable to properly help.

• Options
    Ah, I haven’t seen that movie. That definitely explains why the bros seemed so awkwardly introduced in the show! Where does the movie slot in?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    The Zenkaiger mech fight song is very good.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ah, I haven’t seen that movie. That definitely explains why the bros seemed so awkwardly introduced in the show! Where does the movie slot in?

Between episodes 14 and 15. It also ties into the next-to-last episode of Ex-Aid.

• Options
    Good to know! I haven’t watched Ex-Aid yet... maybe I’ll hold off on the movie for now

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.