Options

MOBA: Horrible games for horrible people.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it is not at all anti-smurf in any way

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

How d'ya figure, sports fan?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    that's really weird

searching the issue a bunch of people appear to have it and no answer is ever posted so

we'll see what they say

I'd try a clean windows install if I hadn't LITERALLY done that last week

its probably shitty registry hooks

nuke it
    First, try going to the control panel and do a proper uninstall. This issue happens a lot when you just delete the installation directory. If you did this already then read on.

Be warned.. you can screw your computer up by doing this...

1. Create a restore point. The restore point will backup your registry. If you damage your registry then we can recover your system by restoring the restore point.
    2. Launch regedit: Start, Run, Regedit
    3. Search/Find HiRez
    4. Delete all entries that include "hirez"
    5. Run reinstallation program again and install to a folder that does not include a copy of smite.

I had some issues last night and did a full windows reinstall

STILL getting the same issue.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    snip

ffffffffffffuck

what is this and how do i get it

AvalonGuard on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    snip

ffffffffffffuck

new ares skin, not out yet

• Options
    snip

ffffffffffffuck

new ares skin, not out yet

Well, yeah, I figured. But as a good American I must proclaim my insistence on spending money on it even without knowing exactly what it is.

• Options
    Was able to get smite running, think my SSD might be dying as when I installed to a different drive it went

Will try to play some this week as long as my computer doesn't shit the bed a 3rd time in a month

knock on wood

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

it does nothing to stop a smurf from having a greater game sense than anyone else in the game. on top of that it's completely random as to whether you unlock your better talents through the process of leveling. nazeebo for example has his complete build from level 1, save using spirit instead of gargantuan for ult.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    And also I don't know if you meant it this way but calling someone "sports fan" might be the most condescending thing I've ever read on the internet

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2015
    You haven't been on the internet for very long then, champ

Sport

Kiddo

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Sport

Kiddo

none of those are as bad!

Maybe Slick?

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    huh, did they revert followers gained in motd modes or something? I'm showing 0 on a few guys I know I've played once or twice

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't know if anyone else has been getting the emails, but apparently Orcs Must Die Unchained is starting "phase 2" of its closed beta on the 24th

which basically means they're going to change a whole bunch of stuff at once based on the data they have so far

I don't have impressions yet because they're choosing to explain things via long youtube videos of the devs explaining the changes out loud instead of just typing out some patch notes

plus I just haven't touched the game in a while

edit: also tencent is going to be publishing the game in China, further expanding their monopoly on anything remotely resembling a MOBA in that country

TheySlashThem on
  • Options

it does nothing to stop a smurf from having a greater game sense than anyone else in the game. on top of that it's completely random as to whether you unlock your better talents through the process of leveling. nazeebo for example has his complete build from level 1, save using spirit instead of gargantuan for ult.

I'm inclined to agree with these points, but from a design perspective, it still feels like it is meant to address the smurfing issue by way of limiting the effectiveness of newly created characters.

I am also inclined to agree with the point that it is not very good at addressing the core of the issue.

• Options

Sport

Kiddo

none of those are as bad!

Maybe Slick?

As you like it, squire.

• Options
    Also today I found out that apparently not all models of HP hardware are supported in all regions.

I found this out by taking my laptop to an authorized repair center and having them tell me that they can't help me with my brand new brick of a laptop because they cannot get any of the parts for it.

I had a knee jerk "HP, though" reaction when I went to buy this thing, but it was a CostCo machine so I was like "should be fine."

Always go with your gut, kiddies.

Gonna do what I shoulda done in the first place and buy a damn ACER or ASUS, but I dunno who long that'll take. Gotta look at my budget.

Gonna have to fly without me a bit longer, @Bobkins Flymo

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Be advised:

We've got us some patch notes to look forward to this afternoon. Man, Twitter really fucked up the cropping on that teaser image...
    Anyway, some are guessing it's the CogPrime Scylla skin for the Worlds winners. Guess we'll see at 4pm EST!

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Maybe Cog Scylla?

edit: didnt see that edit. Beated

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I'm super interested to see what they're gonna do with Bellona.

• Options
    Oh god it's an old-school patch preview with Bart chilling by himself.

And the skin is Cog-Scylla.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Skin Patch:

Valkyrie Freya
    Steampunk Serket
    Cog-Scylla (wearing a cog hoodie, and each of the dogs have a tag with a cog player's name)
    "Hebo Hands" Bakasura

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    No Bellona changes

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Nah, I'm fucking with you all

Passive nerfed in how much speed/prots it gave, and lasts 20% shorter.
    Healing reduced on 3, and lifesteal interactions with hammer nerfed.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Cabrakan buff! No longer suffers the move speed penalty for attacking during his 1. Man, he really needed this from the beginning.

Edit: Like, he doesn't even need the attack speed buff if he doesn't incur movement ability. What would happen before is that you would start the swing, and your target would have moved away from you because move speed debuff.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

I'm inclined to agree with these points, but from a design perspective, it still feels like it is meant to address the smurfing issue by way of limiting the effectiveness of newly created characters.

I am also inclined to agree with the point that it is not very good at addressing the core of the issue.

I just don't see a reason to believe it's meant to do that instead of the stated intent, easing new players into the talent system without overwhelming them with 4 choices every few levels every new character.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Also today I found out that apparently not all models of HP hardware are supported in all regions.

I found this out by taking my laptop to an authorized repair center and having them tell me that they can't help me with my brand new brick of a laptop because they cannot get any of the parts for it.

I had a knee jerk "HP, though" reaction when I went to buy this thing, but it was a CostCo machine so I was like "should be fine."

Always go with your gut, kiddies.

Gonna do what I shoulda done in the first place and buy a damn ACER or ASUS, but I dunno who long that'll take. Gotta look at my budget.

Gonna have to fly without me a bit longer, Bobkins Flymo
    Already uninstalled hots.

The dream is dead.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Those are some good changes!

Also Valkyrie Freya is pretty great, but Pixel Buster and Northern Lights exists.

• Options
    bad news though

the PTS goes up today/tomorrow, with the patch scheduled to go life wednesday next week

which is... baffling

• Options
    Uh, what if one of Scylla's dogs has a typo on their tag?

We have to catch that shit, TDOT.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Well, Bellona's Scourge heal is getting nerfed further, it's 50 at rank 5 now, down from 70 at 5. PTS is due up again 10pm EST.

• Options

I just don't see a reason to believe it's meant to do that instead of the stated intent, easing new players into the talent system without overwhelming them with 4 choices every few levels every new character.

Fair enough.

• Options
    It's more of a way to make bans more punishing than prevent smurfing

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Putting Feaster Bunny, a skin that is three years old at this point, behind a chest is really fucking stupid.

On the bright side, your sister will love that patch.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/features/champion-mastery-hits-pbe

League's adding a system for character mastery similar to Smite's, which is good. I think that kind of thing is fun and should be in more games.

• Options
    You are just loving this

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.