As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBA: Horrible games for horrible people.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    ...I am? I mean, I'm not gloating or anything. Christ knows Smite's taken its fair share of ideas from LoL.

a good idea is just a good idea

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yesterday I was able to play Smite just fine. Today I can't get anything to work. The login screen takes far longer than it should, and when it does log me in the UI is all kinds of broken. No icons or models diplay and I can't queue for anything (even solo practice stuff). I added a friend to my party (which only showed up on his screen) and queued (again, only he could tell we were in queue) and when the game was ready I was unable to press the ready up button. I try to repair and the launcher tells me that repair servers are down. Meanwhile, everything works fine for my friend. I have no idea what's going on.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    weirdly enough the upcoming patch has kind of made me not want to play any more smite until it actually goes live

I'm pretty sick of dealing with Bellona, and now I actually know how much longer its going to take for her nerf to hit

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    From the G&T League thread:
    OMG suprise party mumu's ult changes if you don't hit anyone.

happy.jpg

saddd.jpg

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I don't play any MOBAs, but I ended up with an Arclight Vel'Koz code for LoL at PAX, and I don't need it. It's unused, but expires in about an hour and a half at 10 PM EST/7 PM PST. Send me a PM if you're interested!

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    post about it in the G&T LoL thread, it'll be faster and more certain that someone takes it

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Baby steps on the road to recovery: I took my router back to the place where I bought it and they replaced it for free. I asked if they had any shit made in Taiwan and the guy gave me kind of a sad look and said "Nah, the shit's all made in China now, dogg", and I was like "That's some fucked up shit, man" and he was like "Yeah" and then we were both sad for a minute and then I left.

Now to try and find out if the Costco out here will accept my bricked lap top as a return and credit my parent's account or not.

If so, then I could be up and running as soon as next weekend (but I highly doubt iiiiiiiiiiit).

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Man, I was really hoping some here watched the SPL matches today, Cloud9's in particular were pretty interesting. I think they were supposed to play back on Thursday or something but had to reschedule, so they actually had to play 2 best of 3s today.

Cloud9 was Cognitive Prime, the team that won Worlds. Their first match-up was against Enemy eSports... who, I don't remember what their team name was before they got sponsored. I think they were a Challenger team that didn't make it to Worlds? Anyway, game 1 C9 kind of looked like crap, Enemy had a lead and was growing it fairly steadily until it was a pretty commanding one. At about 40 minutes in, they had a bad teamfight near FG and C9 just rushed the base and ended it. Game 2, Enemy had a small lead for a while, but near the end of the game they had another bad teamfight in the jungle where they dumped everything into Sylvanus to kill him, when FG was down and GF was either down or irrelevant, C9 cleaned up the stragglers and that was pretty much it.

Immediately after that, C9 then had to take on TeamSoloMid, who was previously Cognitive Red, their sister team and still scrim partner. I don't remember the trend of that game, but TSM ended up taking it. C9 took game 2 to force the game 3, which TSM then finished to win the series. Definitely makes the top of the NA side of things look pretty interesting so far.

On the EU side of things Titan, who was Titan at Worlds, took on London Conspiracy, who is more or less a new team made up of some people from teams that broke up after season 1. Titan pretty much handled LC, they certainly didn't look as out of it as C9 did against Enemy in that first game, despite ultimately coming back to win it while down. I haven't paid close attention to Sunday's match-ups, but I really can't wait for Melior Morior (formerly CompLexity) to face C9 or TSM, because so far MM has been handling everyone else in NA pretty well, so I'm curious just how they stand up to the number 1 and 2.

Should be interesting anyhow.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    oh god we're heading into TI5 buildup season in a few months aren't we
    time flies

it's TI5 this time right? not 6?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I hope the format isn't as garbage as last year

please volvo

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I hope the format isn't as garbage as last year

please volvo

remove earth spirit and skywrath from the game and we'll be gucci

everybody will just firstban sniper

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    so what's that egyptian map?
    they finally said that domination is never coming back

• Options
    they've had small backgrounds for the ends of skin spotlight videos lately

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Apparently I've found my true calling with AMC.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    That's pretty weird, unless you just happen to be bad with other hunters... AMC tends to be a weird one because his basic attacks shoot off from the left instead of more from the right like every other hunter (since he's left handed), which makes him a little stranger to aim.

Man, have I had some weird Assaults the past few days... yesterday, the first one I did, I got Guan Yu, we were dominating the other team pretty heavily the entire game, until my team threw like idiots by not retreating when there were only two of them up and the entire enemy team was coming up. Second match I got Sylvanus, went tanky as expected, and got a team that literally could not hit any moves for anything. It was unreal. They couldn't even clear the minion wave for some ungodly reason. Our Chronos asked why we were sitting under tower, and that's what I told him... none of you can hit any moves or clear the minion wave, so that's why we're here. We surrendered at 10 minutes, our AMC beat my player damage by just 10 points. As a tanky Sylvanus.

Third match, I got Chaac, whom I rather like still, the AMC from the previous match was Ra on my team and the Tyr from my team last match was the Ra on the enemy team, though I didn't realize either at the time. I was the only one even close to tanky on my team of Rama, Scylla, Ra and Nu Wa, so I tried to be a front liner. I did pretty well actually, I did feel that the enemy had a better team makeup than we did, so we played kind of cautiously, but our Rama really went off as the game got going... dude ended up going 15-4 with 26k damage, I went 4-3 with 20.5k damage as fairly tanky Chaac and was just barely beaten out in damage by our 2-5 Nu Wa who did 20.6k. Oh, and our Scylla was downright terrible at 0-8 and 10.1k damage, so that was a thing. As we won, he mentioned in chat how drunk he was. So that was great. In the end game lobby, someone mentioned 'Rama and Chaac won that for you guys', so that was kind of cool to see.

Tonight, I got Hades in my first match and... I have no idea what the fuck was going on. The rest of my team was Neith, Artemis, Apollo and Thor. All level 30s mind you. The Apollo was in the same clan as the Neith, so I assume they were queued together and Neith might've been giving him item building tips at first, because they both started Rage. Rage is... a weird start for Assault. The enemy team was Ymir, Cupid, Isis, Vamana and Thor, so from the start I felt like we were pretty comp fucked. My team... Artemis was the only one not doing completely idiotic stuff, the rest of them would just kind of run out into shit, get caught and die. Thor would use his hammer into them by himself and die, Apollo would use his ult into their backline and just get blown up. I don't know what the hell Neith was doing. We were backed up to our phoenix well before 10 minutes, which was highly unfortunate, because it wasn't fun at all. Then I looked at the scoresheet while dead and noticed Apollo's build... he had his Rage, then he had a level 2 Balanced Blade, a level 2 Short Sword and level 1 Short Bow... I don't know if the Neith stopped telling him what to buy or what, he didn't even have boots! Artemis was the only other one to buy Salvation, and was the only other one who seemed like they knew what they were doing. I told Apollo that his build was terrible and that he needed to finish items, not start new ones... and told him that he was playing like an idiot. Which wasn't the most constructive way to put it, it was just true. I think the Neith started defending a bit saying that he had the same score as me, which at the time was 2-7... to which I replied that I was the tank, he shouldn't have the same score as me. Then Apollo started getting on my case for being a nub and telling them to report me. Which was just assinine. Anyway, it finally ticked over to 10 minutes as we were losing our phoenix so we could get the hell out of that match. I don't know if it was worse than yesterday's second match or not, but as tank Hades, I had second highest damage on my team at 9.8k, just under Neith's 10.5k. Our Apollo? 3.4k. Level 30s, everyone on my team was 30.

So I queue back up and get Sobek... man it loves giving me guardians lately. But whatever, I usually do well with Sobek. Rest of my team was an AMC, Poseidon, Awilix and Kali. Enemy team was Ymir, Kali, Agni, Anhur and Ao Kuang. The literal instant I tried to go in at all, I got stunned, slowed, frozen, stunned and stunned again. I died a lot, team was holding its own for a bit, maybe because the enemy kept blowing every stun in the world on me first. I got really far behind, wasn't getting much gold, so that wasn't helping... eventually we lost our towers and got backed up to our phoenix. We kept picking off a couple of them in defense and to get us to come out they went back to their tier 1. I finally hit level 16, rest of my team was 20 already, as was the enemy. One thing that did at least kind of go our way was Awilix was pretty comfortable and my knock up/backs would give her openings to yank someone away and kill them. We stayed at their tier 1 for a little while, farmed a few waves, then Poseidon got a really good Kraken that killed... Ao I think? Their Agni loved using his dash offensively, so he dashed through me to the rest of my group and then got crippled and downright murdered. I don't remember if that was before or after we killed Kali, I had picked up a Weakening Curse and I remember her jumping in and popping her ult, then I Weakening'd her and I think she might've died from that. We took out their Ymir and their Anhur was under 50%... we didn't have minions, but I decided, fuck it, and just ran in so we could murder the tower. Anhur fell back after taking some more damage and we pushed right into their tier 2, Kali lept on Anhur at the phoenix side back of the tower and finished him off, we took it down and started pushing into the phoenix as the enemy was starting to respawn. At this point I realized that I was suddenly level 20. I thought my guys would've been able to finish off the phoenix a lot faster than they did, I took a ton of damage and their Kali jumped in and finished me off for my 10th death, however my team killed the phoenix, finished Kali and then Ymir right as Anhur was coming up... I don't remember when Ao and Agni died again exactly, but I know Anhur was the last defense and he was against the 4 members of my team... they killed him again right before killing the Titan.

So, credit to my team for holding it together... not one of my better Sobek games, but holy shit it was hard to go against that many on demand stuns. AMC sympathized at least, but I finished 1-10 with like 8k damage. I guess I did 'enough', at least. A shame, after our push into the phoenix I finally finished my Magi's Blessing and had bought a Winged Blade outright. Might've helped me a bit. I was thinking about a Lotus Crown too for my last item.

And that was my last couple nights of Assault.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Hi Rez would get more money out of me if they would release premium skins for gods that don't already have premium skins. Serqet has barely been out for 8 months but she is getting a second top-to-bottom remodel skin with voice pack

Meanwhile NONE of the following gods have a premium skin that uses a unique voice pack: Arachne , Aphrodite, Athena (though the Liberte skin should fix this), Zeus (two gem skins and no new voicepack?), Hun Batz (see: Zeus), Loki, and Vulcan. Nox, Ao Kuang, Awilix, Hou Yi, and Belona exempted.

And then we have Kali, who does have a premium voice pack, but the skin only adds geometry to her head. Most of that model is unchanged.

EDIT: I was unaware that Arachne's skin is now considered a Tier 2 skin, as I was mentioning it should be.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Are the Odyssey skins available anymore at all? They might be trying to make sure some kind of premium skin is available for some of the more popular gods.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Because Athena is totally the god I would do a revolution skin for.

It's not like she's known for basically hosing mortals that display competence all the time. No sir.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Athena is? I've only heard of her being rather supportive of mortal heroes, like Odysseus. Is she an asshole in other legends?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    When Medusa was raped by Poseidon in Athena's temple, she responded by turning Medusa into the horrible snake monster. Also turning Arachne into a spider.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    athena is why i need feminism

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The revolutionary connection is probably that she is associated with democracy because she was the patron deity of ancient Athens.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Greek gods and goddesses were all horrible villains. At least some of the Norse gave a shit about humans.

Steam
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Skins are Smite's moneymaker, so they make skins for popular gods because they know those will sell better.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    athena is why i need feminism
    Medusa's visage has since been adopted by many women as a symbol of female rage; one of the first publications to express this idea was a feminist journal called Women: A Journal of Liberation in their issue one, volume six for 1978. The cover featured the image of the Gorgon Medusa by Froggi Lupton, which the editors on the inside cover explained "can be a map to guide us through our terrors, through the depths of our anger into the sources of our power as women."

It's wikipedia, i know, but it is still pretty interesting to me.

Steam
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    medusa owns kill all men

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Greek gods and goddesses were all horrible villains. At least some of the Norse gave a shit about humans.

My impression of ancient Greek religion is that it was mainly about "please, unfair universe, don't fuck us over" and stories about their jealous, unfair, asshole gods reflected that. I don't know enough about Norse culture to have much impression of what their relationship to their deities was like.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    medusa owns kill all men

this post brought to you by tumblr dot com

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    so many pony references in that inuki video

• Options
    Are the Odyssey skins available anymore at all? They might be trying to make sure some kind of premium skin is available for some of the more popular gods.

I kinda forgot that those were Odyssey skins. Oops! That makes more sense.

This discussion has been closed.